A.Randolph vs M.Beasley

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

killacalijatt
General Manager
And1: 1,708

Re: A.Randolph vs M.Beasley 

Post#21 » by killacalijatt » Thu Apr 2, 2009 6:36 pm

What still suprises me is Randolph, gets more Rebounds, Steals, Blocks, in 10 less minutes played,
And Beasley only scores 6 more points then AR4 in 10 more minutes played,
How more one dimensional can you possibly get?

Anthony Randolph is gonna be a beast in the near future in every aspect of the game
canefandynasty
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#22 » by canefandynasty » Thu Apr 2, 2009 6:41 pm

killacalijatt wrote:
canefandynasty wrote:
killacalijatt wrote:Yesterday in 19 minutes AR4 had 17 points and 10 rebounds and hardly stepped on the court in the second half maybe cuzz he had 5 fouls but if you have a sixth and cant use it whats the point?

THe other day against the spurs he had 13 points 9 rebounds 5 blocks, in 25 minutes
2 games ago he had 10 points 4 blocks 3 steals 14 rebounds in 30 minutes

AR4 averages more blocks, more rebounds, more steals in 10 less minutes played thats a huge difference

Randolph is a Josh Smith type of player

Beasley is in the Durant-Melo mold

How is that? only thing Beasley does better in 10 more minutes a game is score and even that is only 6 more points, If AR4 got those 10 extra minutes he'd be scoring at the same pace as Beasley and killing him in every other catagory, Raping him to be exact
AMoungst Rookies AR4 is 4th in PER ahead of Beasley,

Scoring at the same pace? Are you sure about that? Everyone and their moms knows that Beasley is a much better scorer than Randolph.

If you compare their per 36 minutes, Beasley averages 20 PPG to Randolphs 16. Notice that Golden State is by far the best pace team in the league, while Miami is in the bottom 10. If Beasley played for a team like Golden State he would have much more opportunites to score and would average about 26 PPG per 36.

And they are both even as far as decision-making/playmaking although Beasley is looking better than Randolph as of late. Since the break:

assists-TO ratio:
Beasley: 1.14
Randolph: 0.55
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,197

Post#23 » by BBallFreak » Thu Apr 2, 2009 6:43 pm

Listen, if you guys want AR4, be my guest. I like him. I think he's a good player. I just think Beasley's better.

And canefandynasty, NO! He's not going to average 28-32 ppg. It's not happening, no matter how much crap you spew about his game being similar to Melo's. Not happening.
canefandynasty
Banned User

Post#24 » by canefandynasty » Thu Apr 2, 2009 6:43 pm

killacalijatt wrote:What still suprises me is Randolph, gets more Rebounds, Steals, Blocks, in 10 less minutes played,

Anthony Randolph is gonna be a beast in the near future in every aspect of the game

Who is the better player?

Carmelo Anthony or Josh Smith

Melo is a better scorer, but Josh Smith is better at everything else.....

DURRR
canefandynasty
Banned User

Post#25 » by canefandynasty » Thu Apr 2, 2009 6:49 pm

BBallFreak wrote:Listen, if you guys want AR4, be my guest. I like him. I think he's a good player. I just think Beasley's better.

And canefandynasty, NO! He's not going to average 28-32 ppg. It's not happening, no matter how much crap you spew about his game being similar to Melo's. Not happening.

Can you go into detail for once as to why you don't believe he'll average that range, as oppossed to the generic concise "no" answer?
canefandynasty
Banned User

Post#26 » by canefandynasty » Thu Apr 2, 2009 7:00 pm

Rookie seasons (per 36)
Melo: 20.7
Durant: 21.1
Beasley 19.7
LeBron: 19.1
GswStorm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 308

Post#27 » by GswStorm3 » Thu Apr 2, 2009 7:14 pm

I prefer my PF to play good man to man defense and defend the rim with some shotblocking. Randolph having superior the athleticism and length is just added bonus over Beasley.
canefandynasty
Banned User

Post#28 » by canefandynasty » Thu Apr 2, 2009 7:26 pm

GswStorm3 wrote:I prefer my PF to play good man to man defense and defend the rim with some shotblocking. Randolph having superior the athleticism and length is just added bonus over Beasley.

I'm sorry, but Randolph man-defense is not good. Do the Warriors ever play defense in the halfcourt set? Randolph will get eaten alive, especially with his weight issues.

One thing he is good at though is getting weakside blocks. However, don't ever bring up man defense, especially when you talk about a team like Golden State which system is designed to play NO defense.
GswStorm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 308

Post#29 » by GswStorm3 » Thu Apr 2, 2009 7:50 pm

Our perimeter defense from our guards are bad. If think guys like Randolph and Turiaf aren't defending than you're just box scoring watching instead of actually watching game.
J-Rich-
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#30 » by J-Rich- » Thu Apr 2, 2009 8:25 pm

canefandynasty wrote:
killacalijatt wrote:What still suprises me is Randolph, gets more Rebounds, Steals, Blocks, in 10 less minutes played,

Who is the better player?

Carmelo Anthony or Josh Smith

Melo is a better scorer, but Josh Smith is better at everything else.....

DURRR

Lol...What kind of silly comparison is this...First you need to find big men to compare beasley to not a established scoring small forwards whose been in the league for 6 seasons like carmelo. And no, beasley isn't a 28-32ppg scorer and wont ever be...Just because he has scored 25+ pts before doesnt mean he's gonna get that regularly which is what you suggested. Look at how many franchise big men in the last 25 years who averaged 28ppg+ If we're using that logic then kobe would've been a 40ppg-45ppg type scorer. Stop acting like both players will be carmelo or josh smith. That's just really silly. I could do the same thing you did and find other people to compare both players to and make anthony randolph look better that way. Plus Randolph is already a better rebounder, will put up higher ppg average and shot blocker than smith. Smith averages more ppg, rpg and bpg now only because he plays more minutes than randolph. I saw you post an old video of randolph and beasley but here's some of the vids you probably searched on youtube for but ignored to post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgyybTWnyaY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whh9ZCFoYLQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWxhQ3JAdRE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GAtyNm8vnE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E94gquG0q1o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llR4Q364Nmk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1qhD8lxXWQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxcjGNlMmqY
Joel Embust
Head Coach
And1: 3,055

Post#31 » by Joel Embust » Thu Apr 2, 2009 10:14 pm

I will give these youngsters two years before I'm going to post in this topic. I don't care if it's buried on page 30, I will bring this back up in two years.
J-Rich-
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#32 » by J-Rich- » Thu Apr 2, 2009 10:17 pm

they delete posts after a certain amount of time. you should bump the topic every 6 months or something
gswhoopsman
Pro Prospect

Post#33 » by gswhoopsman » Fri Apr 3, 2009 4:16 am

BBallFreak wrote:
5DOM wrote:Okey.
I think I worded it wrong.
What I meant to say is "Maybe he just means that Randolph would simply be better than Beasley at everything else"
Then it doesnt necessarily mean that Beasley would be a one dimensional player.

Then he could have said that. Either way, I don't agree with him. I like Randolph, but I'd prefer to have the guy who can take over the game...

Watch Randolph play. He makes you notice every time he steps on the court. The game changes (for good or bad) whenever hes in; its remarkable That's the biggest thing every warriors fan loves about him, and why we have really high hopes for him...he affects the game more than any other player..he always seems involved in the play. Its undeniable and easy to notice...just watch him for 5 minutes.

That being said, I'll admit I have a bias against beasley...i just don't think hes going to be anything more than a second or third offensive option with not good defense. (I've only seen him a handful of times though, so i guess its not a really fair opinion)
Catchall:The Bucks traded him for Monta Ellis and did well in that trade.If they can move Biedrins and Jefferson without losing much more than Barnes and another pick, I will be genuinely impressed.Iguodala is a short-sighted contract. Overrated player.
gswhoopsman
Pro Prospect

Post#34 » by gswhoopsman » Fri Apr 3, 2009 5:36 am

gswhoopsman wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:
5DOM wrote:Okey.
I think I worded it wrong.
What I meant to say is "Maybe he just means that Randolph would simply be better than Beasley at everything else"
Then it doesnt necessarily mean that Beasley would be a one dimensional player.

Then he could have said that. Either way, I don't agree with him. I like Randolph, but I'd prefer to have the guy who can take over the game...

Watch Randolph play. He makes you notice every time he steps on the court. The game changes (for good or bad) whenever hes in; its remarkable That's the biggest thing every warriors fan loves about him, and why we have really high hopes for him...he affects the game more than any other player..he always seems involved in the play. Its undeniable and easy to notice...just watch him for 5 minutes.

That being said, I do have a bias against beasley...i just don't think hes going to be anything more than a second or third offensive option with not good defense. (I've only seen him a handful of times though, so i guess its not a really fair opinion)
Catchall:The Bucks traded him for Monta Ellis and did well in that trade.If they can move Biedrins and Jefferson without losing much more than Barnes and another pick, I will be genuinely impressed.Iguodala is a short-sighted contract. Overrated player.
WadeKnicks2010
Lead Assistant
And1: 2

Post#35 » by WadeKnicks2010 » Fri Apr 3, 2009 3:08 pm

Randolph. He was supposed to be the prospect and Beasley was supposed to be the NBA ready guy. Randolph is much further from his peak than Beasley is. Randolph also fills a more important position. Beasley is an undersized soft PF who'll get murdered in the playoffs.
Wade2k6
RealGM
And1: 77

Post#36 » by Wade2k6 » Fri Apr 3, 2009 3:25 pm

WadeKnicks2010 wrote:Randolph. He was supposed to be the prospect and Beasley was supposed to be the NBA ready guy. Randolph is much further from his peak than Beasley is. Randolph also fills a more important position. Beasley is an undersized soft PF who'll get murdered in the playoffs.

Lol how is that? Beasley is the one with the higher ceiling. Randolph fills a more important position? If you prefer Randolph I understand and that's fine, but your reasoning behind it is just stupid.

:roll: :roll:
WadeKnicks2010
Lead Assistant
And1: 2

Post#37 » by WadeKnicks2010 » Fri Apr 3, 2009 4:03 pm

You make no sense. Randolph is in fact further from his peak. He was less polished coming in. He still is less polished and doesn't have a great skill set yet. Beasley is closer to being what he will be in the future, he's just not that good. He was the most NBA-Ready player in the draft, hard concept for some to understand but yes that means he's going to be closer to his peak coming in as opposed to other guys who have a long road to climb first.

As far as filling a more important position goes, yes Randolph does fill a more important one. Those guys who can defend and block shots for extended minutes a game are a sought after commodity. You might not know this, I do, but the Heat themselves were searching for a guy like that for much of this season until they traded for Jermaine O'Neal. No team in the NBA is looking and hoping they get a soft jumpshooting undersized forwards like Beasley. Many teams are a player like A. Randolph away though and would love to have a guy like that.
gswhoopsman
Pro Prospect

Post#38 » by gswhoopsman » Fri Apr 3, 2009 4:46 pm

Wade2k6 wrote:
WadeKnicks2010 wrote:Randolph. He was supposed to be the prospect and Beasley was supposed to be the NBA ready guy. Randolph is much further from his peak than Beasley is. Randolph also fills a more important position. Beasley is an undersized soft PF who'll get murdered in the playoffs.

Lol how is that? Beasley is the one with the higher ceiling. Randolph fills a more important position? If you prefer Randolph I understand and that's fine, but your reasoning behind it is just stupid.

:roll: :roll:

don't think so.

(edit: he is however more likely to reach his ceiling, if thats what you mean...)
tranjSAIC
Banned User
And1: 527

Post#39 » by tranjSAIC » Fri Apr 3, 2009 6:03 pm

Beasley has been a huge disappointment for me, I thought he was going to come in and be a 20 ppg scorer and the guy can't even start for his team. Don't give me the crap the Heat are a playoff team, if they were out west they wouldn't even be sniffing the playoffs. While I don't think he is a crappy player I just don't think he will be as good as his draft position was.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,197

Post#40 » by BBallFreak » Fri Apr 3, 2009 6:52 pm

WadeKnicks2010 wrote:You make no sense. Randolph is in fact further from his peak. He was less polished coming in. He still is less polished and doesn't have a great skill set yet. Beasley is closer to being what he will be in the future, he's just not that good. He was the most NBA-Ready player in the draft, hard concept for some to understand but yes that means he's going to be closer to his peak coming in as opposed to other guys who have a long road to climb first.

The same justification caused the Detroit Pistons to draft Darko Millicic over guys like Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade. Potential and a bag of donuts will get you a bag of donuts.
As far as filling a more important position goes, yes Randolph does fill a more important one. Those guys who can defend and block shots for extended minutes a game are a sought after commodity. You might not know this, I do, but the Heat themselves were searching for a guy like that for much of this season until they traded for Jermaine O'Neal. No team in the NBA is looking and hoping they get a soft jumpshooting undersized forwards like Beasley. Many teams are a player like A. Randolph away though and would love to have a guy like that.

I find this argument to be ridiculous. Completely and thoroughly preposterous. So, a guy who is already Miami's second scoring option, and is only 20 years old, is done developing (because he was more NBA ready, just like people used to say about Dwyane Wade before he blew up) and is not as highly sought after as a guy like Randolph? Really? Well then, WHY WASN'T HE DRAFTED BY MIAMI!?!?!?!?!?!

And no, Miami did not spend their entire season looking for a guy like Randolph. They spent their entire season looking for a guy who is what Randolph might someday become. Their is a HUGE difference...

Return to Player Comparisons