ImageImage

The Atlanta Hawks Young Stars (Great video)

Moderators: dms269, HMFFL, Jamaaliver

NDaATL
Lead Assistant
And1: 578

The Atlanta Hawks Young Stars (Great video) 

Post#1 » by NDaATL » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:59 am

Got this from mixmakers.net, it's a behind the scenes look at the Hawks from this season, I've never seen it before, it's a GREAT video. There is a long interview with Smith, as well as the other Hawks players, it talks about Smith working with Hakeem and shows JJ/Smith playing ping pong lol. A GREAT video, definitely worth downloading even though it's like 100 megs. It will definitely make you laugh, it shows Salim making Horford (he calls him "rook") go get him a smoothie lol.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/sk2683
HoopsGuru25
General Manager
And1: 3

Post#2 » by HoopsGuru25 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:49 am

That was nice. It's always good to see what the players are like off the court because our players don't get the national exposure and interviews that the other teams around the league get. You would think Josh Smith was a cancer whose teammates hated him based on what these idiots in the national media write but that's clearly not the case.

I saw another thing similar to this on Ahmad Rashad's show on NBA TV the other day that was more focused on Joe Johnson and Marvin. Marvin was treating him like an old man because he was 26...LOL
NDaATL
Lead Assistant

Post#3 » by NDaATL » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:13 am

^ Man I wish I could've seen that, I need to get NBA tv. I always like seeing these kind of videos lol. The cancer thing is just written by jealous haters.
atlsun
Senior
And1: 0

Post#4 » by atlsun » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:42 am

I would love to see it but my bro would go nuts.
conleyorbust
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#5 » by conleyorbust » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:28 pm

Nice find NDaATL, Mike Woodson said,

"When we first got this young man... We had to teach him everything. He struggled to dribble the ball, shoot it, pass it... he had no idea what defensive schemes were about at this level...

He's improved tremendously... I see the ability, I see the talent there. I tell you, he's gotten a lot better for our basketball team."

Its crazy to think about how much Smith improved from a rookie who just ran around jumping to a guy that understands the game of basketball on a pro level.

Horford seems like he has fit in really well with the team. You get the impression that everyone likes him a lot. Chil is still so skinny, eh? Well at least he is shooting 60% from the field.
NDaATL
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by NDaATL » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:20 pm

HoopsGuru25 wrote:I saw another thing similar to this on Ahmad Rashad's show on NBA TV the other day that was more focused on Joe Johnson and Marvin. Marvin was treating him like an old man because he was 26...LOL

Found it! http://www.sendspace.com/file/c18p1i Another good video.

Return to Atlanta Hawks