Hawks can't discount Blazers

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,372

Hawks can't discount Blazers 

Post#1 » by HMFFL » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:31 am

Sure, Hawks coach Mike Woodson could have found better, more relaxing ways to spend a rare, and free, Saturday evening.

But the Portland Trail Blazers, the Hawks' opponent Monday afternoon at Philips Arena, just wouldn't allow Woodson's focus to wander.

And what he saw Saturday
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,685

Post#2 » by PDXKnight » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:45 am

It should be a good matchup tommorow. Good luck guys!
evildallas
General Manager
And1: 0

Post#3 » by evildallas » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:44 am

I envy Portland for their GM, their coach, their PGs, and their 3 pt shooting. This one is going to be tough on me to watch, but I'll still be there sporting my Acie Law jersey and hoping that Josh, Joe, and Marvin can all have big games at the same time for a change.
Going to donkey punch a leprechaun!
Charcoal Filtered
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#4 » by Charcoal Filtered » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:17 am

Not for sure why any team would take a team playing .600 ball lightly. Should be a fun game to watch with so many young talented players. I have been waiting for the rematch in Portland later this month.
The NBA: Where convicted tax evader Ken Mauer happens to officiate.
cfan79
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#5 » by cfan79 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:32 pm

2 real good young teams trying to kill each other. Should be fun to watch the battle. Geez how good is Portland going to be once Oden comes back. Even he lives up to only half the hype they'll be something to watch.
Jack wore plaid
Sixth Man
And1: 56

Post#6 » by Jack wore plaid » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:52 pm

Good luck tonight Hawks fans. This should be a good game. Portland really has to be on from the perimeter to be successful. Hopefully we are hitting our jump shots a little better than we did against Orlando.
Gutz
Banned User

Post#7 » by Gutz » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:11 pm

Charcoal Filtered wrote:Not for sure why any team would take a team playing .600 ball lightly. Should be a fun game to watch with so many young talented players. I have been waiting for the rematch in Portland later this month.

I totally agree here! I'm a die hard Hawks fan and can't believe Sekou Smith even wrote this article as if were better than Portland or something. Portland is a better team than the Hawks mainly because of their coach IMO but clearly a better team overall. The Hawks have no business taking any team lightly in this league with how inconsistent we play night in and night out. I'm sure it will be a good game either way.
evildallas
General Manager

Post#8 » by evildallas » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:08 pm

Charcoal Filtered wrote:Not for sure why any team would take a team playing .600 ball lightly. Should be a fun game to watch with so many young talented players. I have been waiting for the rematch in Portland later this month.

I assure you that the fans don't take Portland lightly. 2 big reasons, if you've taken the time to watch any of Trailblazer games this year you have to be impressed with their roster and how they play and if you've seen all the Hawks games then you realize that we shouldn't take anyone lightly.

I wish all a good competitive game, but being a little selfish we need this one at home because we got a tough Western road trip coming up.
Going to donkey punch a leprechaun!
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 4,033

Post#9 » by tontoz » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:14 pm

Charcoal Filtered wrote:Not for sure why any team would take a team playing .600 ball lightly.

I have no clue how he came up with that title. maybe it's because you just lost to Orlando and we have handled them fairly easy.

Didn't you guys win 15 staight this season?
Jack wore plaid
Sixth Man
And1: 56

Post#10 » by Jack wore plaid » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:19 pm

tontoz wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I have no clue how he came up with that title. maybe it's because you just lost to Orlando and we have handled them fairly easy.

Didn't you guys win 15 staight this season?

It was (only) 13 striaght. 17-18, 18-20 and so on.

Portland is inconsistant too. Not in their effort, but in their shooting and ball handling. Like I said, if Portland plays like it did in Orlando this will be a long night.
breaker91
Starter
And1: 1

Post#11 » by breaker91 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:45 pm

Good luck today guys. It should be a good game between two solid young teams. Can any ATL fans tell me the name of your local radio station that broadcasts the games?

I'm working today and would like to try to listen to the game. Portland's local station that covers Blazer games used to steam the audio over the internet, but they don't do that anymore.
"The brownies are good for me to make three-points.'' -Rudy Fernandez
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 4,033

Post#12 » by tontoz » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:24 pm

breaker91 wrote: Can any ATL fans tell me the name of your local radio station that broadcasts the games?

790TheZone.com usually does the radio broadcasts but they aren't doing todays game. Sorry
breaker91
Starter
And1: 1

Post#13 » by breaker91 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:29 pm

^Thanks, I came across a link for free streaming audio from NBA league pass.
"The brownies are good for me to make three-points.'' -Rudy Fernandez

Return to Atlanta Hawks