ImageImage

Horford ready for Toronto's mad rapture

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

positivetension
Veteran
And1: 1,150

Post#21 » by positivetension » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:52 am

atlsun wrote:Raptor fans helping me prove my point. Thanks man.

There are a few very (Please Use More Appropriate Word) Toronto fans but you would definitely give them a run for their money.
atlsun
Senior
And1: 0

Post#22 » by atlsun » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:33 am

positivetension wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

There are a few very (Please Use More Appropriate Word) Toronto fans but you would definitely give them a run for their money.

Wow another intelligent raptor fan, who could have guessed.
atlsun
Senior

Post#23 » by atlsun » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:47 am

JoshB914 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

It's only a select few that are acting in that manner. I like to read the Raps board because they have such a great fan base. He is kind of the stereotypical Raps fan but there arent nearly as many of those as people act.

Do you remember that atl and raptor game, and all the raptor fans that came over on our board. That was a lot of people man, but yeah some of them are cool and funny too.
conleyorbust
Lead Assistant

Post#24 » by conleyorbust » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:23 pm

atlsun there are a lot of raps fans so it may seem like a lot felt that way but most of them are great folks.

no need to insult them.
Rip2137
Analyst
And1: 228

Post#25 » by Rip2137 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:51 pm

tbhawksfan wrote:Sekou Homers beware

"Raptors fans, though, haven't gotten past it. Ford hasn't played since that night. And blogs and message boards have been lit up ever since with biting comments about both Horford and the Hawks in anticipation of Friday's contest."

Here's one of his quotes you left out. Thing is, when I read Sekou Smith's article I got a funny feeling. So I visited the TOR boards to see if my feeling was right. It was.

The TOR boards are not "lit up with biting comments". I checked. They are actually very civil. The conversation was about whether or not they should boo. Vicious stuff there. Most said they'd not boo. Even the ones that said they'd boo, said they'd only boo a little boo emm bit.

Looks like Sekou is sensationalizing; trying to create something where there is nothing. It seems a little inflammatory as well. I just don't even understand why he would go there. The fans he was alluding to actually seem to be of the opinion that Al is a good guy.

I'm thinking about taking this to Smith's blog, but I could get in big trouble talking bad about SS.

This might shock you, but there are there are actually other blogs and messageboards out there besides this one.
tbhawksfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#26 » by tbhawksfan » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:59 pm

Rip2137 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

This might shock you, but there are there are actually other blogs and messageboards out there besides this one.

No, really!? You're kidding, right.

I admit that I only checked two sites, but I figured Realgm and ESPN would be pretty good samples.

So, Homey, do you actually have any bitting commentary from at site you can link? Or are you just talking?
JoshB914
Head Coach
And1: 2

Post#27 » by JoshB914 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:06 pm

atlsun wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Do you remember that atl and raptor game, and all the raptor fans that came over on our board. That was a lot of people man, but yeah some of them are cool and funny too.

If you go look at the posts you will see most of them were very sensible. Some were upset with the reckless foul (this can be debated either way) but there very few going after Horford. I remember one guy saying he hoped he tore his MCL and that salami character saying a bunch of dumb stuff. But mostly they were fine, we just only recognize the crazy ones.

I also noticed that as we distanced ourselves from Ford's injury and emotions went back down many of them changed their mind. Especially after Horford visited him in the hospital. Go read their board and most of them say they won't boo Horford.
tbhawksfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#28 » by tbhawksfan » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:17 pm

JoshB914 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

If you go look at the posts you will see most of them were very sensible. Some were upset with the reckless foul (this can be debated either way) but there very few going after Horford. I remember one guy saying he hoped he tore his MCL and that salami character saying a bunch of dumb stuff. But mostly they were fine, we just only recognize the crazy ones.

I also noticed that as we distanced ourselves from Ford's injury and emotions went back down many of them changed their mind. Especially after Horford visited him in the hospital. Go read their board and most of them say they won't boo Horford.

That's right. And it's so easy to check that. What's up with Sekou? Real bad article.
JoshB914
Head Coach
And1: 2

Post#29 » by JoshB914 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:21 pm

I was not happy either, TB. This may the first time I've seen Sekou do such lazy reporting. I guess I'll let him off the hook for this one.
dirtybird
Pro Prospect

Post#30 » by dirtybird » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:08 pm

I'm sure that Horford will get booed tonight, but put it this way, it won't be 1/10th the amount that Carter, McGrady, Stoudamire got. And, the fans usually keep it pretty civil. There won't be any racial stuff, threats, or sthings of that nature. I really don't think that it will be that bad. Horford doesn't hold a candle to the amount of hatred any Raptors fan has for a Vince Carter. The Raptors sure could use the win though.
Nothingface
Assistant Coach
And1: 8

Post#31 » by Nothingface » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:59 pm

atlsun wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:pityfool:

nah,

it will show all the brainless craptor fans that they are just a bunch of retards.

Wow. I'll give that retort a 1.5/10.

Really, at least put some effort into it.

I'll give you a few hints. Try to be humorous or at least thought provoking. Maybe try to use your "shift key". It's the dusty one...

You see, a lame reply like that just makes your initial point even weaker.

Better luck next time!
atlsun
Senior

Post#32 » by atlsun » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:00 pm

I am done with raptor fans, and the raptors board.

Return to Atlanta Hawks