ImageImage

The Dennis Schroder Era begins in Atlanta

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

macd-gm
Starter
And1: 2,515

Re: The Dennis Schroder Era begins in Atlanta 

Post#221 » by macd-gm » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:53 pm

Would love to see Dennis' assist numbers go up this year rather than his ppg.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,747

Post#222 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:02 pm

macd-gm wrote:Would love to see Dennis' assist numbers go up this year rather than his ppg.

That kid, if he puts his mind to it, could put up 20 ppg/10 apg with the workload he's looking at.

That would go a long way towards rehabbing his image/rebuilding faith.

Winning/successful play cures all.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 12,033

Post#223 » by jayu70 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:27 pm

Jamaaliver wrote: maybe a Dedmon/Dennis for Jabari/Henson trade might be useful.

That's awful. Henson is useless on a Plumlee level ($11.4, 10.5 and $9.7 million left on his 3 years) 0 would rather pay Dedmon that kind of salary.
Jabari is a RFA - He and the Bucks couldn't agree to a deal. He still thinks he's worth a max deal coming off 2 ACLs. Some team offers him an overpay and the Hawks are forced to match or they watch him leave.
So we traded Dennis and Dedmon for Henson. Don't like this one bit.

Edit: The Bucks have been trying to DUMP Henson - where is our asset coming back for that dump.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#224 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:42 pm

Jamaaliver wrote: maybe a Dedmon/Dennis for Jabari/Henson trade might be useful.

That's awful.

jayu70
RealGM

Post#225 » by jayu70 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:46 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:

That's awful.

I've explained the reason why.
Even if nothing else...Henson is a salary dump - the Hawks should be getting an asset back.
The Milwaukee Bucks have been attempting to trade power forwards John Henson and Mirza Teletovic but have found no takers so far, according to a report from ESPN.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#226 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:49 pm

On topic, it is difficult to find a solid trade option for Dennis. There seem to be a ton of young PG options floating around the league.

Zach Lowe mentioned PHX or Indy, which seem like long shots.

MIL, Brooklyn seem like possibilities.

Bucks want to make a big postseason run now. Dennis has more playoff experience and is cheaper than most other options. A shot to holding Jabari's rights seems appealing.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#227 » by jayu70 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:50 pm

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#228 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:12 pm

LOL

I'm starting to think a certain someone is in love with me.

Spoiler:

Again, on topic...I do think we have to start looking at the opportune moment to ship out Dennis. He's just starting the four year contract on a modest salary. So we have time.

But I'm of the belief you're better off shipping these guys out with multiple years under contract to maximize trade value.

Spring or summer 2019 seem the ideal times. He'll be 26, right around his prime.

At that point HOU, SAS, TOR, BRK, MIA will likely be in the market for a younger PG option. Might as well go all out to pump up his trade value between now and then. (If he makes a single All Star team...I'd look to trade him that same weekend. Gotta move while the stock is highest.)

(I am now officially onboard with a Luka Doncic/Gary Trent Jr backcourt for the future.)
jayu70
RealGM

Post#229 » by jayu70 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:02 pm

I'm only enganging you on the merits of your proposed deal. Either agree or don't and debate. All this other stuff - pointless.
I have no issue trading Dennis just for the right deal.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#230 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:57 pm

Kent Bazemore (three years) and Dennis Schroder (four) suddenly have seniority. Schroder, the team’s best player and relative face of the franchise, is facing misdemeanor battery charges stemming from a fight in a shopping center parking lot. Not good. The Hawks aren’t happy, but they’ve held off disciplining Schroder until after the legal process plays out.

“His role for us is important,” Budenholzer said. “Certainly, as a coach, this is not what you want.”
myAJC
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#231 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:28 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Face of the franchise, folks.

The kid's accolades and accomplishments is growing. This is the second list he's made alongside Pistol Pete.
macd-gm
Starter
And1: 2,515

Post#232 » by macd-gm » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:35 pm

I hope he stays on lists with Pistol Pete and off the lists with Glenn Robinson (at the least the Hawks version). Just kidding Big Dog!
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#233 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:16 am

Chris Mannix wrote:Q: How serious do you think (Hawks GM) Travis Schlenk is about trading Dennis Schroder? And what might those trades look like? Based on the Dwight Howard deal, where we got an extremely negative return, I believe Schlenk’s character concerns are so real that we could take back some type of short-term dump with a couple of picks just to get rid of his locker-room presence. Thoughts?

Mannix: Here’s one thing I know about Travis Schlenk: He wants nothing to do with long-term contracts. Schlenk craves flexibility, and his early moves – trading Howard, making little effort to retain Paul Millsap – tell me he’s thinking well into the future.

Schroder is a little different though. There’s legitimate talent there, which can’t be dismissed. But more importantly, there is no real market for him. I ran Schroder’s name by a few team executives this week, and each recoiled. There’s a toxicity surrounding Schroder right now. A reputation as a selfish player has gained significant traction throughout the league. His arrest on battery charges last month – an incident the Hawks have deemed “unacceptable” – is an example teams cite of his immaturity.
Said a Western Conference executive: “I don’t need that kind of headache.”

Perhaps Atlanta could give Schroder away. But at 24, Schroder is a terrific talent. Maybe the Hawks can work with him and hope he matures. Really, they don’t have much of a choice.
Yahoo

Spoiler:
But then:

Read on Twitter

Mannix does not think that Schroder has much value, but the Nets would likely be interested in the point guard after losing Lin for the season.

Kenny Atkinson was an assistant coach for Schroder in Atlanta before he became the head coach for Brooklyn. Jordan Ott, who is an assistant for the Nets, was also an assistant for Schroder with the Hawks.

Brooklyn assistant Chris Fleming is the head coach for the German national team. Fleming has spoken highly of Schroder in interviews
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,683

Post#234 » by kg01 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:49 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Chris Mannix wrote:Q: How serious do you think (Hawks GM) Travis Schlenk is about trading Dennis Schroder? And what might those trades look like? Based on the Dwight Howard deal, where we got an extremely negative return, I believe Schlenk’s character concerns are so real that we could take back some type of short-term dump with a couple of picks just to get rid of his locker-room presence. Thoughts?

Mannix: Here’s one thing I know about Travis Schlenk: He wants nothing to do with long-term contracts. Schlenk craves flexibility, and his early moves – trading Howard, making little effort to retain Paul Millsap – tell me he’s thinking well into the future.

Schroder is a little different though. There’s legitimate talent there, which can’t be dismissed. But more importantly, there is no real market for him. I ran Schroder’s name by a few team executives this week, and each recoiled. There’s a toxicity surrounding Schroder right now. A reputation as a selfish player has gained significant traction throughout the league. His arrest on battery charges last month – an incident the Hawks have deemed “unacceptable” – is an example teams cite of his immaturity.

Perhaps Atlanta could give Schroder away. But at 24, Schroder is a terrific talent. Maybe the Hawks can work with him and hope he matures. Really, they don’t have much of a choice.
Yahoo

Spoiler:
But then:

Read on Twitter

Mannix does not think that Schroder has much value, but the Nets would likely be interested in the point guard after losing Lin for the season.

Kenny Atkinson was an assistant coach for Schroder in Atlanta before he became the head coach for Brooklyn. Jordan Ott, who is an assistant for the Nets, was also an assistant for Schroder with the Hawks.

Brooklyn assistant Chris Fleming is the head coach for the German national team. Fleming has spoken highly of Schroder in interviews

This is just one poor, under-informed article building off another. I used to like Mannix but have learned that he's a Selltic/Nor'east homer. Can't take much of what he says his sources say too seriously. JMHO
king01 :king:
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#235 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:56 pm

kg01 wrote:This is just one poor, under-informed article building off another. I used to like Mannix but have learned that he's a Selltic/Nor'east homer. Can't take much of what he says his sources say too seriously. JMHO

That's fair. I honestly don't know much about Mannix specifically.

But this isn't the first time I've heard whispers of Dennis being held in low regard by players and execs around the league.

Is this the gospel truth? No, of course not. But where there's smoke...well.

It's simply worth keeping our ears open.
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#236 » by Spud2nique » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:11 pm

kg01 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

Yahoo

Spoiler:
But then:

Read on Twitter

This is just one poor, under-informed article building off another. I used to like Mannix but have learned that he's a Selltic/Nor'east homer. Can't take much of what he says his sources say too seriously. JMHO

The GM in the western conference that said this was upset because we rejected a Dennis/Teague swap...lol..sorry Wolves..
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#237 » by Spud2nique » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:12 pm

jayu70 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

That's awful.

I've explained the reason why.
Even if nothing else...Henson is a salary dump - the Hawks should be getting an asset back.
The Milwaukee Bucks have been attempting to trade power forwards John Henson and Mirza Teletovic but have found no takers so far, according to a report from ESPN.

Hahhahaaa YESSSS!!!! I missed this post it's been like 6 months lol..
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#238 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:05 pm

Read on Twitter

This feels like one of those arbitrary stats they used to parrot about Josh Smith being in rarefied air with LeBron.
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,683

Post#239 » by kg01 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:19 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Read on Twitter

This feels like one of those arbitrary stats they used to parrot about Josh Smith being in rarefied air with LeBron.

While I'm not on board with the general anti-Dennis stuff, I do hate these thrown-together stat totals. People do the same to convince folks Lebron is better than Jordan.
king01 :king:
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#240 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:51 pm

Players Under the Most Pressure This Season

Atlanta Hawks: Dennis Schroder

Some of this additional heat is self-manufactured. Schroder was arrested on misdemeanor battery charges at the end of September and will be subject to disciplinary action from the Atlanta Hawks once the legal procedure follows its course.

In addition, The Hawks are in the preliminary stages of a rebuild, and he's the face for it.
Bleacher Report

Return to Atlanta Hawks