ImageImage

Are Hawks ready to listen to offers for Schroder?

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

jayu70
RealGM
And1: 12,021

Re: Are Hawks ready to listen to offers for Schroder? 

Post#241 » by jayu70 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:28 pm

stylesofpunk wrote:Reggie/Leuer/Galloway for Schroder/Baze you save a year from Schroder to Reggie and gain a year from Leuer/Galloway to Baze.

3 contracts all expire in 2 years vs 1 in 3 years who atl wants to trade and 1 on a expiring who atl wants to trade as well just not as much as the 1st

I would like to think the Hawks are looking for more than just saving money from each players contract for 1 year respectively.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,960

Post#242 » by basketballRob » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:35 pm

The Magic might do Biz and the OKC number one pick that's top 20 protected and could eventually turn into to number 2's.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,762

Post#243 » by Revived » Sun Jul 1, 2018 10:24 am

The team with the biggest need at PG doesn't even want him

Read on Twitter
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,629

Post#244 » by atlantabbq99 » Sun Jul 1, 2018 12:28 pm

Is Brooklyn looking to tank this year or do they still owe their draft pick to another team in 2019? If Brooklyn is looking to win games this year, then how about Schroder for DeMarre Carroll and a 2nd round pick?
jayu70
RealGM

Post#245 » by jayu70 » Sun Jul 1, 2018 2:59 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:Is Brooklyn looking to tank this year or do they still owe their draft pick to another team in 2019? If Brooklyn is looking to win games this year, then how about Schroder for DeMarre Carroll and a 2nd round pick?

The Brooklyn pick saga is over.
Brooklyn has Lin coming back plus S6oencer Dinwiddie so they don't have a need for Dennis.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#246 » by ATL Boy » Sun Jul 1, 2018 4:18 pm

basketballRob wrote:The Magic might do Biz and the OKC number one pick that's top 20 protected and could eventually turn into to number 2's.

Adding the OKC pick makes this deal closer because, barring injury, it looks like that pick will convey this year after George re-signed. We just have so much dead weight at the center position with Miles Plumlee occupying the books for another year after this one.

If you twisted my arm I'd probably do this deal because of the draft pick, even if Biyambo is one of the worst basketball players in the NBA.
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#247 » by basketballRob » Sun Jul 1, 2018 5:00 pm

ATL Boy wrote:
basketballRob wrote:The Magic might do Biz and the OKC number one pick that's top 20 protected and could eventually turn into to number 2's.

Adding the OKC pick makes this deal closer because, barring injury, it looks like that pick will convey this year after George re-signed. We just have so much dead weight at the center position with Miles Plumlee occupying the books for another year after this one.

If you twisted my arm I'd probably do this deal because of the draft pick, even if Biyambo is one of the worst basketball players in the NBA.

Biz could be a starter on many teams it's just that we had Vucevic already, and now Bamba.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#248 » by jayu70 » Sun Jul 1, 2018 7:55 pm

basketballRob wrote:
ATL Boy wrote:

Biz could be a starter on many teams it's just that we had Vucevic already, and now Bamba.

Biz's days as a starter are over. He's definitely not starting over Dedmon.
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#249 » by Spud2nique » Sun Jul 1, 2018 8:29 pm

jayu70 wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
ATL Boy wrote:Adding the OKC pick makes this deal closer because, barring injury, it looks like that pick will convey this year after George re-signed. We just have so much dead weight at the center position with Miles Plumlee occupying the books for another year after this one.

Biz's days as a starter are over. He's definitely not starting over Dedmon.

It’s like the sopranos....itssss oooovvveeerrr
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#250 » by ATL Boy » Sun Jul 1, 2018 9:11 pm

basketballRob wrote:
ATL Boy wrote:

Biz is one of the worst basketball players I've watched all season last year. He provides some rim protection and rebounding, but is a complete negative on offense and isn't able to defend stretch fours out to the three-point line which makes him obsolete in today's NBA.

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#251 » by basketballRob » Sun Jul 1, 2018 9:30 pm

ATL Boy wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
ATL Boy wrote:Adding the OKC pick makes this deal closer because, barring injury, it looks like that pick will convey this year after George re-signed. We just have so much dead weight at the center position with Miles Plumlee occupying the books for another year after this one.

Biz is one of the worst basketball players I've watched all season last year. He provides some rim protection and rebounding, but is a complete negative on offense and isn't able to defend stretch fours out to the three-point line which makes him obsolete in today's NBA.

From everything I've heard The Hawks aren't going to trade him anyway. Do you think Schroder would be okay coming off the bench?
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#252 » by Spud2nique » Sun Jul 1, 2018 9:47 pm

basketballRob wrote:
ATL Boy wrote:
basketballRob wrote:

From everything I've heard The Hawks aren't going to trade him anyway. Do you think Schroder would be okay coming off the bench?

The days of him being a starter are over imo. Well, actually he would start for you guys...and a few other teams maybe.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#253 » by ATL Boy » Sun Jul 1, 2018 9:47 pm

basketballRob wrote:
ATL Boy wrote:
basketballRob wrote:

I think we're looking for a partner but we may just have to go into the season with Schroder on the roster because of his pending felony and bad contract.

Schroder isn't exactly the most mature player, and while his best career role may be a sixth man super-sub type off the bench, I think he'll be very resistant to coming off the bench, especially behind a rookie.

jayu70
RealGM

Post#254 » by jayu70 » Sun Jul 1, 2018 10:18 pm

basketballRob wrote:
ATL Boy wrote:
basketballRob wrote:

If Dennis is back to start the season, he won't be coming off the bench. He will start with Trae as his backup
Coach Pierce said he has spoken with Dennis bout his role and he's good. There is a plan for them both to see minutes together in spurts.
Per what the local beat writer said, Dennis has not asked for a trade directly from management since he's met and talked with them.
Doesn't meam they still aren't trying to still trade him, but we shall see.
Some insight.....
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,579

Post#255 » by dms269 » Mon Jul 2, 2018 10:00 am

I hope Dennis is smart enough to realize that if he scores 20 ppg on awful percentages, no one wants him. He has to work on improving his shooting, even that means a reduced volume. No one likes a chucker.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
td00
Sixth Man
And1: 70

Post#256 » by td00 » Tue Jul 3, 2018 12:21 pm

DS to the Spurs could be an option, if Schlenk can grab a draft choice out of the deal, and help in a 3 team deal to move KL.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,712

Post#257 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Jul 3, 2018 12:28 pm

^IDK about that with DeJounte Murray a cheaper option without any of the baggage. I do think DS comes back in shape and motivated to turn a few heads this season:

Read on Twitter
tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,081

Post#258 » by tbhawksfan1 » Thu Jul 5, 2018 10:44 am

Hawks need to have a talk with Schro. He's been talked about as a trade possibility, but his name seems to be mud. Thing is, though they should tell him "we'd like to see more maturity but we place a much higher value on you than what teams are offering. We're going to go into this season with you and Trae. Trae needs to play and we need to find a way to make it work. As for you, you're our guy and we want to help you go out there and have a tremendous season while helping the young team grow. Go get em Dennis....
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#259 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jul 5, 2018 3:42 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#260 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jul 5, 2018 7:21 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Return to Atlanta Hawks