ImageImage

If Lloyd doesn’t last as coach

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

Who would you like to see take the Hawks HC position on a permanent basis?

Nate McMillan
50%
Becky Hammon
No votes
Kenny Atkinson
17%
Dave Joerger
33%
Nate Tibbetts
No votes
Jason Kidd
No votes
Alvin Gentry
No votes

Total votes: 6

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,677

Re: If Lloyd doesn’t last as coach 

Post#41 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:02 am

I love what Nate McMillan has done for this team. He's been a steady hand and made all the right moves to right the ship in an uniquely challenging season. I believe he has earned the position as HC and I will support it wholeheartedly when that decision is made...

But he ain't out-scheming anyone in the postseason. Dude is consistent, stubborn and predictable. The fact we scored 20 points in the 1st quarter tonight -- and then 19 points in the 3rd quarter tells me the opposing coach is making strong adjustments on Nate that Hawks are unprepared for initially.

Nate should be and will be the next FT HC of the Atlanta Hawks, but he's likely not the guy that gets us to true contention. :(
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#42 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:23 am

I have to put some respect on Nate's name...

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#43 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jul 1, 2021 10:45 pm

Read on Twitter
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,165

Post#44 » by HMFFL » Fri Jul 2, 2021 9:09 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Read on Twitter
I just read an article and I wish him the best. Rick and Lloyd are made for each other.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,984

Post#45 » by shakes0 » Sun Jul 4, 2021 1:43 pm

HMFFL wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:
Read on Twitter
I just read an article and I wish him the best. Rick and Lloyd are made for each other.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

I wonder if Carlisle brought him in to coach or to save the Democratic Party in Indiana?
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#46 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Jul 6, 2021 2:54 am

when the Hawks first parted ways with Pierce and elevated Nate McMillan to his current interim title, both Charles Lee and Kenny Atkinson, two former Atlanta assistant coaches during Mike Budenholzer's tenure, were expected to be leading candidates to fill the Hawks' vacancy, sources told B/R. Now, after coming just two wins shy of the NBA Finals, McMillan is expected to come to terms on a lucrative extension.

McMillan may be the biggest benefactor of Atlanta's long playoff burst. After his time in Indiana ended largely due to McMillan's gruffer, old-school approach toward players, sources told B/R, the head coach has been applauded around the league for switching his tone in Atlanta, and particularly taking a patient approach with Young. He is no longer the hard-nosed 1990s point guard, but the veteran sage who has been there before, offering a guiding hand rather than a stern fist. In today's NBA, that particular dynamic seems to be gaining an increased value for head coaching posts across the league.

"He's reinvented himself, which is rare," said one team scout. "You give him a lot of credit."

“That dude could have easily been the highest paid coach in the league,” said the Western Conference executive.
Bleacher Report

Return to Atlanta Hawks