Post#61 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:42 pm

Dejounte says this to JC EVERYDAY?!?

Read on Twitter
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,972

Re: Shams: Hawks "opened up preliminary trade discussions" for Collins 

Post#62 » by basketballwacko2 » Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:14 pm

Hey Hawks fans! I'm interested in Collins, he's the guy I wanted in the 2017 draft but the Pacers took TJ Leaf! Puke!

Anyhow I've been trying to gauge his value, I saw this thread and thought, "Great place to ask." What do you think the Hawks want for him if they are trying to trade him.

Do they want picks, young players and or cap relief in future years?
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,568

Post#63 » by dms269 » Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:00 pm

Rumor is that the Hawks are not looking to just dump him (so no to pure salary relief) and are looking for a rookie deal player plus picks

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM Forums mobile app
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,628

Post#64 » by atlantabbq99 » Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:21 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:Hey Hawks fans! I'm interested in Collins, he's the guy I wanted in the 2017 draft but the Pacers took TJ Leaf! Puke!

Anyhow I've been trying to gauge his value, I saw this thread and thought, "Great place to ask." What do you think the Hawks want for him if they are trying to trade him.

Contract and cap wise, the only way a Pacers/Hawks trade can work is with Turner, unless a 3rd team gets involved.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 12,011

Post#65 » by jayu70 » Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:28 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:Hey Hawks fans! I'm interested in Collins, he's the guy I wanted in the 2017 draft but the Pacers took TJ Leaf! Puke!

Contract and cap wise, the only way a Pacers/Hawks trade can work is with Turner, unless a 3rd team gets involved.

Turner is a FA in the offseason. What is you plan for him? Sign him to a new dea (and for how much)l or let him walk?
jayu70
RealGM

Post#66 » by jayu70 » Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:47 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=C8LpeVrS9rPutJ2xhjpOIw

As noted....Hawks are not salary dumping Collins.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,972

Post#67 » by basketballwacko2 » Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:51 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:

The Pacers have the cap space to take the contract completely and only send back picks if that's what the Hawks want. IDK what a 3rd team brings?
jayu70
RealGM

Post#68 » by jayu70 » Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:03 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:
atlantabbq99 wrote:

The Pacers have the cap space to take the contract completely and only send back picks if that's what the Hawks want. IDK what a 3rd team brings?

Hawks are still trying to make the playoffs so picks alone I don't see as an option.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,693

Post#69 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:15 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:What do you think the Hawks want for him if they are trying to trade him.

In all honesty, it's unclear what our front office/ownership is looking to do.

They say they want to contend, but they've made moves to avoid luxury tax this season. We just had a reshuffling in our leadership, too.

Based on trade rumors, we want useful vets on expiring contracts + draft compensation in future years.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#70 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:27 am

Overheard on Pacers Twitter:

Read on Twitter
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,568

Post#71 » by dms269 » Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:38 am

Jamaaliver wrote:Overheard on Pacers Twitter:

Read on Twitter
JC isn't the reason we are losing right now.

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM Forums mobile app
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,201

Post#72 » by HMFFL » Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:53 am

The Pacers would say Nate is the main reason.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#73 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:58 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#74 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jan 5, 2023 2:59 pm

1) Collins has the offense to play small-ball Center, but defensively he's better suited to as a Forward. At 6'9" with short arms, he gets muscled by bigger players and outrebounded/shot blocked by long armed big men.

2) We would most certainly be interested in Pascal Siakam on this team long term...We have been rumored to be interested in OG as well.

NOTE: Since we just relieved our PBO and added a new GM, it wouldn't surprise if Hawks undergo a major roster overhaul sooner than later.

TorontoBarneys wrote:A few questions and your time:

1.) Can Collins play any small-ball C?
2.) Assuming the Raptors decide to rebuild, would you guys have any interest in a Siakam for Collins+ swap? Or are you guys higher on Collins these days? Or would you have more interest in a trade for OG?
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#75 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Jan 9, 2023 5:59 pm

Collins for Chris Duarte + the Cavaliers 1st round pick sounds like a nice place to start negotiations...

Bold NBA Trade Predictions

John Collins Gets Traded, Finally, to Indiana or Utah

John Collins is currently challenging Myles Turner for the "Been on the Trade Block for Eternity without Actually Getting Moved" award. Call me a sucker, but this will be the year he loses the title.

Whereas the Indiana Pacers are exceeding expectations and have talked to Myles Turner about a renegotiate-and-extend, according to The Athletic's Shams Charania, the Hawks are vastly underachieving, worried about payroll flexibility and seemingly hocking Collins all over the league. His exit feels like only a matter of time.

Predicting Collins' exit is not without risk. His value has hit rock bottom. The Hawks have marginalized him to kingdom come by sticking him inside an offense with two ball-dominant guards and limited screen responsibilities. His numbers are in the toilet as a result, and the three years and $78.5 million left on his deal no longer profiles as a net positive—so much so that the Jazz apparently wanted "multiple" firsts in exchange for taking him on, per Charania.
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter
Hashing out a deal with Utah still feels possible. Collins does nothing for the Jazz's defense, but he fits into their spread-heavy offense and fits the mold of a distressed asset they can rehabilitate as a long-term fixture or future trade piece. Expecting the Hawks to grease the wheels of a trade with first-rounders is whimsical thinking—and probably a pre-deadline negotiating ploy. Utah can justify taking on Collins when he fits snugly next to all of its other frontcourt contributors, and if Atlanta isn't demanding firsts or core players in return.

The Pacers, meanwhile, offer the perfect environment for such a niche frontcourt player—provided they keep Turner. (Shout-out to SportsEthos' Rhett Bauer for mainlining this concept straight to my brain.) Collins needs to be somewhere he can function like a 5 on offense and 4 on defense. Turner makes that possible. He needs some on-ball and screening reps of his own, but he can stretch the floor around Collins while handling the nuts-and-bolts rim protection at the other end.

Indiana is not a team known to act brashly. The Tyrese Haliburton trade last season was, in many ways, out of character. But the Pacers have cap space to gobble up Collins' entire salary, and acting like buyers at the deadline is far from egregious when they're positioned to contend for a top-six spot in the East without short-circuiting their future.

Atlanta shouldn't be trying to dump Collins outright. That would be malpractice. The Hawks need to find a team confident it can bring out the 2020-21 version of Collins. For their part, the Pacers can offer Oshae Brissett and a 2023 first-rounder from either Boston (top-12 protection) or Cleveland (lottery protection) without breaking a sweat. And if the market for Collins is more robust than we're being led to believe, they should not be opposed to coughing up both picks or ponying up Chris Duarte.
Bleacher Report
D21
Lead Assistant
And1: 666

Post#76 » by D21 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:49 am

Jamaaliver wrote:Collins for Chris Duarte + the Cavaliers 1st round pick sounds like a nice place to start negotiations...

Bold NBA Trade Predictions

John Collins Gets Traded, Finally, to Indiana or Utah

ImageThe Pacers, meanwhile, offer the perfect environment for such a niche frontcourt player—provided they keep Turner. (Shout-out to SportsEthos' Rhett Bauer for mainlining this concept straight to my brain.) Collins needs to be somewhere he can function like a 5 on offense and 4 on defense. Turner makes that possible. He needs some on-ball and screening reps of his own, but he can stretch the floor around Collins while handling the nuts-and-bolts rim protection at the other end.
Bleacher Report

And if Turner/Collins would be a good combo in IND, why wouldn't it be the same in ATL? :wink:
Why ATL should once again send a good player to another team?
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#77 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:37 pm

Read on Twitter
jayu70
RealGM

Post#78 » by jayu70 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:11 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Read on Twitter

:lol: I like JC but there is no way that the Hawks are asking for this.
This sounds like a Nets 'executive' trying to send the Hawks three 6'-4" to 6'-6" guards for our starting PF. That's an unnecessary log jam at SG/SF while reducing an already thin big man rotation.
“What you are seeing with Collins now is that the Hawks want him to be treated like an All-Star, they want a big-time return for Collins — not quite like the Rudy Gobert or Donovan Mitchell trades, but something in that neighborhood,” the executive told Heavy Sports. “And everyone else looks at him like he’s a guy who is owed $100 million over the next four years and is having the worst year of his career. The [Brooklyn] Nets can build a package around Joe Harris to make the money match, and add in Royce O’Neale and Cam Thomas.”
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,967
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#79 » by MalagaBulls » Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:33 pm

Howdi, Bulls fan who has been here recently. What about this for JC?

1. Patrick Williams, Alex Caruso, & Dennis Jones Jr.
2. 2 future 2nd round picks

I saw it on a Bulls blog site so thought I would gage the interest.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#80 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:07 am

MalagaBulls wrote:Howdi, Bulls fan who has been here recently. What about this for JC?

1. Patrick Williams, Alex Caruso, & Dennis Jones Jr.
2. 2 future 2nd round picks

I saw it on a Bulls blog site so thought I would gage the interest.

That's
not
terrible.

It really comes down to how much our new GM likes Patrick Williams. I don't think this is the package that nets Collins, but I wouldn't hang up the phone if you were willing to expand the trade a bit.

Return to Atlanta Hawks