Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,385

Re: DeJounte Murray on the trade block? 

Post#61 » by HMFFL » Mon Jan 1, 2024 3:13 am

Geaux_Hawks wrote:
HMFFL wrote:
Geaux_Hawks wrote:
Why?! There's nothing professional about having team related photos on social media to begin with. If he takes anything down, so be it. It doesn't even guarantee he's going to be traded. For all we know, he's been told he's being shopped around, and is just prepping himself for it happening.
I will give you .5% that he remains a Hawk and I get the 99.5% odds. He's absolutely leaving.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

Oh i'm not suggesting he's staying in Atlanta. I'm questioning why is it unprofessional to remove photos from social media. I'm on the 99.5% side of things. lol
I don't find it unprofessional of him at all. If anything, Atlanta as a franchise are unprofessional, and have become close to the bottom of the barrel in the league.

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,385

Post#62 » by HMFFL » Mon Jan 1, 2024 3:13 am

dms269 wrote:
HMFFL wrote:
Geaux_Hawks wrote:
Why?! There's nothing professional about having team related photos on social media to begin with. If he takes anything down, so be it. It doesn't even guarantee he's going to be traded. For all we know, he's been told he's being shopped around, and is just prepping himself for it happening.
I will give you .5% that he remains a Hawk and I get the 99.5% odds. He's absolutely leaving.

If they move Murray, who signed a well below market extension, and not get back equal return, then the house needs to be cleaned. Fields, Korver, Ressler's boy and everyone needs to go. There needs to be a mass revolt of fans chanting sell the team to Ressler and Gertz so they have to sit there and fear it.

But none of that will happen.
I completely agree.
Between the Hawks and Falcons, the fans just take the beatings. There's zero accountability and they're not putting in the work it takes to be among the elite.

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,777

Post#63 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Jan 6, 2024 12:40 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 12,045

Post#64 » by jayu70 » Sat Jan 6, 2024 2:35 am

Jamaaliver wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Squawk rumor: Knicks interest in Murray was to trade him to Minny for KAT. Hawks got wind of it.
Hawks now in discussion with DJ for KAT. TIFWIW.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#65 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Jan 6, 2024 2:59 am

jayu70 wrote:Squawk rumor: Knicks interest in Murray was to trade him to Minny for KAT. Hawks got wind of it.

:o

I'm interested in KAT, but no way Klutch let's Dejounte end up in Minnesota.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,810

Post#66 » by winforlose » Sat Jan 6, 2024 10:10 am

Jamaaliver wrote:
jayu70 wrote:Squawk rumor: Knicks interest in Murray was to trade him to Minny for KAT. Hawks got wind of it.

Murray would probably be thrilled to play next to Ant on a contender. The problem is KAT is having a solid offensive season and his best ever defensive season. The Wolves are 8-5 in their toughest stretch of the season with a lot of weak teams on the other side. KAT’s value is at an all time high, and Murray would not be enough for him. I suggested on here earlier it would take Okongwu as well. But even that would probably not be enough since Rudy needs a floor spacing PF. It would have to be Murray, Johnson, and Okongwu. The Wolves would send Kyle Anderson and Wendell Moore Jr to make up the difference. Bey would need to go to a 3rd team to make the money work.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#67 » by jayu70 » Sat Jan 6, 2024 2:58 pm

winforlose wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

Murray would probably be thrilled to play next to Ant on a contender. The problem is KAT is having a solid offensive season and his best ever defensive season. The Wolves are 8-5 in their toughest stretch of the season with a lot of weak teams on the other side. KAT’s value is at an all time high, and Murray would not be enough for him. I suggested on here earlier it would take Okongwu as well. But even that would probably not be enough since Rudy needs a floor spacing PF. It would have to be Murray, Johnson, and Okongwu. The Wolves would send Kyle Anderson and Wendell Moore Jr to make up the difference. Bey would need to go to a 3rd team to make the money work.

Hawks aren’t trading Johnson so it would be DOA.
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,586

Post#68 » by dms269 » Sat Jan 6, 2024 4:54 pm

winforlose wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

So you are saying that a KAT trade would be:
Okongwu, Johnson, Murray, Bey for KAT, Anderson, and Moore Jr.

That is beyond awful for Atlanta.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,810

Post#69 » by winforlose » Sat Jan 6, 2024 5:59 pm

dms269 wrote:
winforlose wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

So you are saying that a KAT trade would be:
Okongwu, Johnson, Murray, Bey for KAT, Anderson, and Moore Jr.

That is beyond awful for Atlanta.

KAT playing the best ball of his career is not moving from a 1st in the west team for equal value. Murray is shooting well from deep this year, but he is not contributing to winning. Wolves don’t move KAT without Johnson to floor space and replace him at this point. You want to drop Okongwu for Anderson we can talk about that, but Fanspo says 3.8 million needs to move from the Hawks to the Wolves. If you don’t think KAT gets both Murray, and Johnson then the underlying trade is DOA anyway.
kds92
Pro Prospect
And1: 711

Post#70 » by kds92 » Sat Jan 6, 2024 7:29 pm

Lakers fan coming in peace. If Murray wants the Lakers (Klutch connection) which one of these deals would you prefer?

Murray for Reaves + Christie (or JHS) + 2029 LAL 1st (unprotected)

Murray + Hunter for Jerami Grant + Caruso + Christie + 2028 LAL 1st swap (would have to be a 4-team deal)
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#71 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Jan 6, 2024 8:09 pm

kds92 wrote:Murray for Reaves + Christie (or JHS) + 2029 LAL 1st (unprotected)

This isn't the best deal we've seen for DeJounte, but at this point it seems the best that LAL can muster...

NOTE: You can have De'Andre Hunter. He needs a fresh start away from Trae and the fans of Atlanta.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#72 » by jayu70 » Sun Jan 7, 2024 5:42 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#73 » by Jamaaliver » Sun Jan 7, 2024 4:24 pm

Thoughts?

The value ain't bad. but the thought of being tortured by Dejounte for years to come is concerning...though watching Paolo and DJM have to play side by side every game would be entertaining for the whole league.

tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,141

Post#74 » by tbhawksfan1 » Sun Jan 7, 2024 4:51 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:Thoughts?

The value ain't bad. but the thought of being tortured by Dejounte for years to come is concerning...though watching Paolo and DJM have to play side by side every game would be entertaining for the whole league.

Looks like a solid deal to me value wise, but it sets the team up to rebuild instead of retool. Probably not the way to go despite the value

Maybe something like:

a Texas Chuck TB thread

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2346175

Capela
Bogdan

for

Robinson
Fournier
Best of 24 NYK/DAL/WAS/DET 1st(top 4 added to Knicks pick)
Better of 24 NYK/MIL 1st (top 4)

Make these two deals and take some of those picks and some salary and maybe a young player and go after Markkanen

Robinson / Markkanen / JJ / ? / Trae would be very different
jayu70
RealGM

Post#75 » by jayu70 » Sun Jan 7, 2024 5:14 pm

Depends on the protections on the picks, if they convert to 2nds after a year orb2 then the value sucks.
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,586

Post#76 » by dms269 » Sun Jan 7, 2024 5:17 pm

jayu70 wrote:

Depends on the protections on the picks, if they convert to 2nds after a year orb2 then the value sucks.
25 Denver 1st is protected 1-5 in 25, 26, and 27. If not conveyed by then the obligation is extinguished.

26 wash/phx is a mess. Washington has the right to swap its 2026 1st round pick, protected for selections 9-30 if Washington has not conveyed a 1st round pick to New York by 2025, for Phoenix's 2026 1st round pick; Orlando then has the right to swap its 2026 1st round pick for the less favorable of the Phoenix pick and the Washington pick if conveyable; if the Washington pick is not conveyable, then Phoenix's obligation to Washington will be extinguished and Orlando will instead have the right to swap its pick for the Phoenix pick

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
jayu70
RealGM

Post#77 » by jayu70 » Sun Jan 7, 2024 5:22 pm

dms269 wrote:
jayu70 wrote:

25 Denver 1st is protected 1-5 in 25, 26, and 27. If not conveyed by then the obligation is extinguished.

26 wash/phx is a mess. Washington has the right to swap its 2026 1st round pick, protected for selections 9-30 if Washington has not conveyed a 1st round pick to New York by 2025, for Phoenix's 2026 1st round pick; Orlando then has the right to swap its 2026 1st round pick for the less favorable of the Phoenix pick and the Washington pick if conveyable; if the Washington pick is not conveyable, then Phoenix's obligation to Washington will be extinguished and Orlando will instead have the right to swap its pick for the Phoenix pick

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app

Yeah...that Was/Phx is messy...pass
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#78 » by Jamaaliver » Sun Jan 7, 2024 5:42 pm

That 2029 LAL Draft Pick could be reeeeaaaaal valuable moving forward.

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#79 » by Jamaaliver » Sun Jan 7, 2024 6:35 pm

jayu70
RealGM

Post#80 » by jayu70 » Sun Jan 7, 2024 6:35 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:That 2029 LAL Draft Pick could be reeeeaaaaal valuable moving forward.

Squawkrumor is a Western team wants us to wait for the offseason to make the DJ trade, but Hawks are unwilling to wait.
I agree - all parties seem to be on board, so just rip off the bandaid and move forward.

Return to Atlanta Hawks