ImageImage

Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3

Moderators: dms269, HMFFL, Jamaaliver

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,321

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#901 » by skywalker33 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:38 am

Gotta ask, what is keeping the Hawks FO from considering Collins not to be a MAX player ???
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#902 » by Spud2nique » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:55 am

Jamaaliver wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:Hawks get : Bertans/Robin Lopez/2023 top 10 protected 1st

Wiz get: Collins/Bruno

?

I think you're greatly underestimating John Collins' trade value. He's a borderline All Star entering his prime.

Bertans is a 28 year old role player avg 10 points a game off the bench.

We can get more value than that...even if we need to wait a year or two to cash in.

:lol: Fine then but that type. I want a shooter like Bertans so Hakeem can work the paint some more, he says he’s got more to offer offensively, let’s see it Cap. There’s not many options out there. Wait a year? You mean this summer? Next time this year he’s either got his money or he’s with another team.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#903 » by Spud2nique » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:57 am

Jamaaliver wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:Simmons and Booker are off the table. Both their teams not trading them so they are off the table. You got Pascal in Toronto. You got my guy OG Anunoby in Toronto as well. Beal too but I dunno about that. No Zach attack LaVine.

Am I missing anyone? Just our luck, at the moment we need to flip somebody to further our progress and keep our flexibility and make a deal, there’s nobody to make a deal with.

Pascal could be a solid signing, turning us into a dominant defensive squad.

Another option: John Collins, Tony Snell and Kevin Huerter for CJ McCollum and a draft pick.

CJ is my guy. I dunno though I’m starting to like Huerter a lot more than I did. Specially when he’s aggressive and takes his smaller counterparts to the hole and punishes them. When he’s indecisive I wanna trade him. :lol: CJ is a beautiful baller though.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 12,197

Post#904 » by jayu70 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:07 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Gotta ask, what is keeping the Hawks FO from considering Collins not to be a MAX player ???

He was a 20/10 guy with great efficiency and 40% ftom 3 in an offensive system that was PnR heavy with him and Trae Young lobbing it up. He also struggled defensively.
My guess is they wanted to see how he would play within the new offense that would have Capela in his roll man spot and also not get as many touches, with Collins playing more in the midrange and midpost and more time at the 3 point line.
So far he's looked good in his role, he's taking 2 less shots per game averaging 17.8ppg and 7.8 rpg and 41% from 3. More importantly, his defense is so much better which in part is due to the presence of Capela, but plays he's making on the perimter this year to get stops would have been an easy 2 points last year. His defense at the rim has also been good.
If this trend keeps up, he'll get paid, by the Hawks or another team.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#905 » by Spud2nique » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:33 pm

His D hasn’t gotten much better. I feel like JC acts the pet as far as hustle but no matter how hard he goes, he might never put us over the top.

I love the guy he’s a pretty special player offensively for sure, but having Capela, Okongwu, Hunter, I’m ready to start listening to some offers.

I still like OG in Toronto. We need a Kevin Love type that’s in his prime, a guy who is a flat out shooter from the 4 position that locks people down.

Of course if we get a great defender, chances are we leave a lot of O that John gives us on the table.
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,777

Post#906 » by kg01 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:15 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:John Collins, Tony Snell and Kevin Huerter for CJ McCollum and a draft pick.

That is an interesting option since I've always been a CJ guy. I definitely liked him over a guy like (ugh) Brad Beal especially since there's no one that can dispute that. :)
king01 :king:
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 15,051

Post#907 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:47 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Gotta ask, what is keeping the Hawks FO from considering Collins not to be a MAX player ???

Giannis, Anthony Davis, Jayson Tatum are max contract, All NBA, franchise-caliber players.

John Collins is not. He’s still a good player and a future All Star, but he just isn’t worth that type of money with so many other young players coming due for big contracts soon.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#908 » by Spud2nique » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:39 pm

kg01 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:John Collins, Tony Snell and Kevin Huerter for CJ McCollum and a draft pick.

That is an interesting option since I've always been a CJ guy. I definitely liked him over a guy like (ugh) Brad Beal especially since there's no one that can dispute that. :)

:lol: Omg... the good ole days when I used to be sane. Awwww. I believe there was a guy I know aheeemm that used to call him McChuck. Beal was better.. :wink:

Collins for CJ centerpiece deal... I dunno.. that’s possible but Beal might be out of reach unless we want to include a Huerter or Cam or both. It’s just too expensive for my cheap a$$. :cry:
giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,150

Post#909 » by giannis and 1 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:25 am

Hi.. Bucks fan here

If the Bucks don't win the championship this year, I would want us to explore a Middleton trade to try to see what we could get for him, and maybe do somewhat of a re-tool by getting a little younger.

Hawks seem like they are trying to take the next step in getting better. You have a lot of interesting young pieces like Hunter, Collins, Huerter, Reddish, draft picks, along with some veterans that would interest the Bucks like Bogdanovic (lols) and Gallinari. No idea how you value these guys, or which ones you would be willing to trade (if any). We can also take back some salary filler.

Would you guys have interest in Middleton? What would you offer?
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
D21
Lead Assistant
And1: 670

Post#910 » by D21 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:36 am

giannis and 1 wrote:Hi.. Bucks fan here

If the Bucks don't win the championship this year, I would want us to explore a Middleton trade to try to see what we could get for him, and maybe do somewhat of a re-tool by getting a little younger.

Hawks seem like they are trying to take the next step in getting better. You have a lot of interesting young pieces like Hunter, Collins, Huerter, Reddish, draft picks, along with some veterans that would interest the Bucks like Bogdanovic (lols) and Gallinari. No idea how you value these guys, or which ones you would be willing to trade (if any). We can also take back some salary filler.

The main problem I see here is that Middleton is having a very good season, so if you fail another time, it could mean that he's choking in playoffs, and if that's the case, why would a team loose some young guys improving each year for a vet that won't help so much once in playoffs ?
Don't get me wrong, I prefer a lot adding Middleton than Beal in a roster for example, but I already saw him making bad decision in playoffs (not worst than what Bloedsoe was doing by attacking the rim like a 10yr old guy and getting no foul/no basket, even if his defense was good), so I have some doubts, and won't send several young for him at this moment. Why at this moment ? Because with all the injuries we got, we still don't know what is capable our roster
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,620

Post#911 » by dms269 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:14 pm

The other issue with Middleton is that contract severely limits what we are able to do and might impact us bringing back our other guys. He is still owed over $110 million for the next 3 years.

I can't imagine Hunter, Collins, or Huerter being moved in a deal. Cam needs to figure it out sooner rather than later.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,463

Post#912 » by CP War Hawks » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:30 pm

The Middleton contract is so massive it can only be connected to another team in contention. To gut the team to essentially be a finished product with Trae, Middleton, and Capela is depressing honestly.
SeanKTT
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#913 » by SeanKTT » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:31 pm

He can't get his own shot without a mismatch, lack of size makes him questionable on defense in an ideal small ball lineup at 5. He also has a habit of getting in foul trouble. Not really disciplined player, not yet.
giannis and 1
Starter

Post#914 » by giannis and 1 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:58 am

D21 wrote:
giannis and 1 wrote:Hi.. Bucks fan here

The main problem I see here is that Middleton is having a very good season, so if you fail another time, it could mean that he's choking in playoffs, and if that's the case, why would a team loose some young guys improving each year for a vet that won't help so much once in playoffs ?
Don't get me wrong, I prefer a lot adding Middleton than Beal in a roster for example, but I already saw him making bad decision in playoffs (not worst than what Bloedsoe was doing by attacking the rim like a 10yr old guy and getting no foul/no basket, even if his defense was good), so I have some doubts, and won't send several young for him at this moment. Why at this moment ? Because with all the injuries we got, we still don't know what is capable our roster

It wouldn't necessarily mean he's choking. It would be because we're looking to shake up the roster, and we don't have many other players that we could trade to achieve a meaningful roster shake up around Giannis. And we wouldn't need several of your young players for him, the package could contain only one of them. Like 1 of Hunter/Collins/Huerter/Reddish/Okongwu with other pieces.
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
giannis and 1
Starter

Post#915 » by giannis and 1 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:59 am

dms269 wrote:The other issue with Middleton is that contract severely limits what we are able to do and might impact us bringing back our other guys. He is still owed over $110 million for the next 3 years.

I can't imagine Hunter, Collins, or Huerter being moved in a deal. Cam needs to figure it out sooner rather than later.

Bucks can take back some salary.

I would be open to something around Reddish. And isn't Collins on the way out?
still learning the game

giannis and 1
Starter

Post#916 » by giannis and 1 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:00 am

CP War Hawks wrote:The Middleton contract is so massive it can only be connected to another team in contention. To gut the team to essentially be a finished product with Trae, Middleton, and Capela is depressing honestly.

Wouldn't you still have most of your young studs like Hunter, Huerter, etc. You could trade other players like Gallinari, Bogdanovic, Capela, etc. to make room. Some of them could even be part of the trade for Middleton.
still learning the game

Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#917 » by Spud2nique » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:02 am

Hawks get: Porter jr. + Will (the thrill, the people’s champ) Barton

Nuggets get: John Collins + Tony Snell

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y4a8v5km

Why for the Hawks: They make Trae happy by adding his best friend and it fits the Hawks scheme to allow Capela to beast inside. Barton tutors Cam and Hunter.

Why for the Nuggets: Jokic/Collins/Murray might make the finals or at least the western conference finals.

Thoughts?
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#918 » by Spud2nique » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:10 am

Hawks get: Jerami Grant + Wayne Ellington

Pistons get: John Collins + Danilo Gallinari

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yxfw76pf

Trae
Cam
Hunter
Grant
Capela

Ellington gunner off the bench. Trae finds him for 3’s
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#919 » by Spud2nique » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:43 pm

There’s 40 day till the trade deadline. I’d like to take the keys away from JC. F the fake hustle, start making winning plays, he’s in his 4th year and no longer considered a guy who is learning.

I don’t care about the off the back board alley oops from Trae, leave the for the kid’s party’s, we trying to win some games here with the big boys.

Some days I would trade the theatrics of a Trae Young for the professionalism of a Malcolm Brogdon.

I know I know, we are learning.... we are young... :nonono:
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,620

Post#920 » by dms269 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:19 pm

Fun times in Atlanta. We get the report we are shopping JC and everyone is coming out of the woodworks with their "proposals" aka, what is the least we can offer to get him.

https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2021/02/13/nba-rumors-atlanta-hawks-los-angeles-lakers-trade-john-collins-2/2/
Hawks Out:
Collins
Dunn

Lakers out:
Harzell
Horton-Tucker
2026 1st
2023 2nd
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24

Return to Atlanta Hawks