ImageImage

Around The League News And Rumors (Non-Hawks)

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,470

Re: Around The League News And Rumors (Non-Hawks) 

Post#1041 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Aug 8, 2017 4:16 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#1042 » by Spud2nique » Tue Aug 8, 2017 4:52 pm

IT+Crowder+2018 1st

For

Kyrie+Richard Jefferson
macd-gm
Starter
And1: 2,515

Post#1043 » by macd-gm » Tue Aug 8, 2017 5:14 pm

Spud2nique wrote:IT+Crowder+2018 1st

For

Kyrie+Richard Jefferson

Agree. I think this will happen too although i wonder if the Cs will have to take Shump instead of RJ.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#1044 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Aug 8, 2017 5:21 pm

For

Kyrie+Richard Jefferson

Whose 2018 1st rounder were you thinking?

Boston has so many...

Kyrie
M Smart
Hayward
Morris Twin#2
Horford

Not a bad starting 5.

NOTE: I predict J Tatum and Kyrie would be beefing within a few months. They both come off as primadonnas.
Add'l NOTE: Ironically, Avery Bradley would have been the ideal guard to pair with Kyrie.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#1045 » by Spud2nique » Tue Aug 8, 2017 5:24 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:

For

Kyrie+Richard Jefferson

Whose 2018 1st rounder were you thinking?

Boston has so many...

Kyrie
M Smart
Hayward
Morris Twin#2
Horford

Not a bad starting 5.

NOTE: I predict J Tatum and Kyrie would be beefing within a few months. They both come off as primadonnas.
Add'l NOTE: Ironically, Avery Bradley would have been the ideal guard to pair with Kyrie.

I'm thinking it better be the Nets pick. Otherwise it's a steal for Boston if it's not that top 5 pick.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#1046 » by ATL Boy » Wed Aug 9, 2017 10:23 pm

I doubt Cleveland trades him to the team that's directly competing with them for the finals while Lebron still has a say.
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
macd-gm
Starter

Post#1047 » by macd-gm » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:41 pm

ATL Boy wrote:I doubt Cleveland trades him to the team that's directly competing with them for the finals while Lebron still has a say.

True. If it were up to Lebron i think it's phx/bledsoe but not sure why that hasn't already happened. Also not sure why PHX would want to do it. I doubt they can convince Kyrie to re-up.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#1048 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:42 pm

Read on Twitter

There's a pretty obvious Danny Ferry joke in there somewhere...but I'm too lazy to formulate it.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#1049 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:21 pm

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#1050 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:20 pm

Dude looks like a rockstar:

Read on Twitter

Why would Adam Silver do that to Ricky Rubio?

Here is Rubio, trying to move on from his trade by exercising self-care, self-love, and sensational facial hair — but here is the league, trying to keep him down.

Rubio, after faithfully serving the Wolves for six seasons, will start his new beginning with Utah by playing his first away game in … Minnesota. He’ll match up against (read: lose to) a much-improved Wolves team in a newly renovated Target Center. You’re still winning the breakup, bud.
The Ringer
macd-gm
Starter

Post#1051 » by macd-gm » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:23 pm

Talk about winning the break-up Sap's going to crush us in our home opener in a newly renovated arena. Good thing there's a courtside bar and barbershop. Know wha i'm saying? bhahahahahha.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#1052 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:28 pm

macd-gm wrote:Talk about winning the break-up Sap's going to crush us in our home opener in a newly renovated arena. Good thing there's a courtside bar and barbershop. Know wha i'm saying? bhahahahahha.

You ain't kidding, bruh.

Read on Twitter

The Denver Nuggets may turn out to be the most nondescript offensive juggernaut in NBA history. Last year, they posted the fifth-best offense in the league while hitting the 40-win mark ahead of schedule. Jokic, frankly, is that good.

Now that potent offense adds Paul Millsap, perhaps the only star in the league appropriately anonymous for these Nuggets. Most teams venture to find a single big that can work inside or out. Denver now has two—an incredible luxury for a team sculpted to read and react.
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Post#1053 » by kg01 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:48 pm

macd-gm wrote:Talk about winning the break-up Sap's going to crush us in our home opener in a newly renovated arena. Good thing there's a courtside bar and barbershop. Know wha i'm saying? bhahahahahha.

You need an intervention. The signs are there, macd. The passive aggressive Budz hate. The longing for PaulSap.

You now identify as a Nuggs fan. It's ok, man. We'll still love you. We never turned our back on @sothron, aka the chief T'wolves fan masquerading as a Hawks groupie, and we won't turn our backs on you. :lol:
king01 :king:
macd-gm
Starter

Post#1054 » by macd-gm » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:53 pm

kg01 wrote:

You need an intervention. The signs are there, macd. The passive aggressive Budz hate. The longing for PaulSap.

You now identify as a Nuggs fan. It's ok, man. We'll still love you. We never turned our back on @sothron, aka the chief T'wolves fan masquerading as a Hawks groupie, and we won't turn our backs on you. :lol:

Every reply you make to me feels like an intervention. :banghead: I'm guessing you are the chief yard inspector in the cul-de-sac.

I'm telling you man the nuggets and twolves are going to be the most interesting teams this season. Maybe the Rockets and Pels. I'm going to go ahead and predict a Rockets implosion.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#1055 » by Spud2nique » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:22 pm

macd-gm wrote:
kg01 wrote:

Every reply you make to me feels like an intervention. :banghead: I'm guessing you are the chief yard inspector in the cul-de-sac.

I'm telling you man the nuggets and twolves are going to be the most interesting teams this season. Maybe the Rockets and Pels. I'm going to go ahead and predict a Rockets implosion.

HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA chief yard inspector in the cul de sac ...oh wow I'm dyin over here...

We all need to have an intervention but it's not for mac or Soth being Wolves and Nuggets fans (not respectively...or not NOT respectively)..Mac is just mad at the Hawks for not getting PG or Butler and building on with Sap which some definitely desired...and Soth enjoys the pretty colors (not of the Hawks tho..)

The real intervention should be for a guy who rooted for Ndamukong Suh and Cortland Finnegan, then went all Miko Grimes on everyone..:-|

I agree with Mac on a few things though...I think the Nuggets are gonna rock, a very underrated Jamal Murray(not underrated for the player that he is projected to be but rather how quickly he will get there, and I believe quick)..50-55 wins for them in my opinion. I think Minny also gets around the same win total. Rockets will also do well at 52-60 wins.
kg01
General Manager

Post#1056 » by kg01 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:31 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
macd-gm wrote:
kg01 wrote:

HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA chief yard inspector in the cul de sac ...oh wow I'm dyin over here...

We all need to have an intervention but it's not for mac or Soth being Wolves and Nuggets fans (not respectively...or not NOT respectively)..Mac is just mad at the Hawks for not getting PG or Butler and building on with Sap which some definitely desired...and Soth enjoys the pretty colors (not of the Hawks tho..)

The real intervention should be for a guy who rooted for Ndamukong Suh and Cortland Finnegan, then went all Miko Grimes on everyone..:-|

I agree with Mac on a few things though...I think the Nuggets are gonna rock, a very underrated Jamal Murray(not underrated for the player that he is projected to be but rather how quickly he will get there, and I believe quick)..50-55 wins for them in my opinion. I think Minny also gets around the same win total. Rockets will also do well at 52-60 wins.

I'm mad because I had a post all teed up about how @macd's nekked lawn gnomes violated the neighborhood ordinances but I won't go back there. Speaking of not going back there, I'm not sure who it is that you're calling "Miko". Would that be a fan of the Dolfins? Sorry, I don't follow. :wink: Better be careful you don't violate the terms of your release. :P

I also think the Nuggs are gonna be good. I kinda think the Twolves have implode-potential though. Jimi is a talker, not a leader IMHO. Will the teen-wolves follow him or rebel? Jimi walks in as the teacher's pet. If he gets overly mouthy early-on, it could get weird. I hope not, seeing as how we need them to make the playoffs.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#1057 » by Spud2nique » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:51 pm

kg01 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
macd-gm wrote:

Lmao naked gnomes...:-| I thought they'd just be baby naked Jimmy Butt gnomes...meeting adjourned....

I am a little hesitant of the Wolves as well. They are going to win but I think in some ugly fashion. I don't think you can earn too many "pretty" wins with Jimmy Buckets because his game lends itself to beating you up for the most part. Plus they can't really shoot outside..Wiggins, Butler...Teague has improved over the years but I wouldn't call him a knockdown shooter by any means. Look for them to go after Redick or someone like that at the trade deadline.

It's funny because theoretically if Houston fell to
Injury, like everyone got injured...and the Wolves barely made the playoffs and we stunk..

1. Hawks
2. Hawks (via Rockets)
15. Hawks (via Minny)

I know it's a long shot...really really really long lol

I'm mad because I had a post all teed up about how @macd's nekked lawn gnomes violated the neighborhood ordinances but I won't go back there. Speaking of not going back there, I'm not sure who it is that you're calling "Miko". Would that be a fan of the Dolfins? Sorry, I don't follow. :wink: Better be careful you don't violate the terms of your release. :P

I also think the Nuggs are gonna be good. I kinda think the Twolves have implode-potential though. Jimi is a talker, not a leader IMHO. Will the teen-wolves follow him or rebel? Jimi walks in as the teacher's pet. If he gets overly mouthy early-on, it could get weird. I hope not, seeing as how we need them to make the playoffs.
macd-gm
Starter

Post#1058 » by macd-gm » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:05 pm

But Jimi is back with Thibs. I don't think he lets it implode. Plus he'll play the top 6 guys 40 minutes a night so they'll all be happy.
kg01
General Manager

Post#1059 » by kg01 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:13 pm

macd-gm wrote:But Jimi is back with Thibs. I don't think he lets it implode. Plus he'll play the top 6 guys 40 minutes a night so they'll all be happy.

Yeah, but what about the lawn gnomes, macd. We're not sure if we should fine you or give you yard o' the month.

I guess you're right about Thibs being able to stave off a mutiny. Still, I have an eye on MIN.

Speaking of mutiny, how long before DET has one on their hands if they don't trade Regme Jackson?
macd-gm
Starter

Post#1060 » by macd-gm » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:31 pm

Not sure how you knew i had nekkid gnomes in my yard. scary.

Detroit needs to trade drummond and tank. Who would have thought between Doc, Bud, and SVG that only SVG would still be President of his team. What a world.

Return to Atlanta Hawks