ImageImage

Around The League News And Rumors (Non-Hawks)

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Re: Around The League News And Rumors (Non-Hawks) 

Post#1881 » by Spud2nique » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:02 pm

macd-gm wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:Seriously, though.

I think the Cavs got hustled:

Read on Twitter

An injured IT and a pick that really looks like it won't even be top 10 for Kyrie in his prime?

Danny Ainge is pretty good as running a basketball team.

(And my initial instincts on this deal were wrong.)

Yes. Thank you.

Ya...say that in May when the Cavs knock you and Jaamals Celts on their collective butts. You know you can love that trade and get another poster of Kyrie in ur room and put it next to ur Larry Bird poster or whatnot...or borrow Jamal's Celtic posters...Danny Ainge is a bum.. the Cavs will beat the Celts yet again...

Ps We get an awful lot of Celts news from Jamaal on a board that is a Hawks board...hmmm
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,468

Post#1882 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:07 pm

Spud2nique wrote:Ya...say that in May when the Cavs knock you and Jaamals Celts on their collective butts. You know you can love that trade and get another poster of Kyrie in ur room and put it next to ur Larry Bird poster or whatnot...or borrow Jamal's Celtic posters...Danny Ainge is a bum.. the Cavs will beat the Celts yet again...

Ps We get an awful lot of Celts news from Jamaal on a board that is a Hawks board...hmmm

:lol:

I just like good basketball.

And I love AL Horford.

And Jaylen Brown went to my old high school.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cavs will indeed be the favorites to rep the East in the Finals again this year.

But moving forward, that franchise is looking at near future where they struggle to compete or rebuild. Celtics seem most likely as heirs to the EC throne.

With our franchise cornerstone as a primary reason.
macd-gm
Starter
And1: 2,515

Post#1883 » by macd-gm » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:08 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
macd-gm wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:Seriously, though.

I think the Cavs got hustled:

Read on Twitter

An injured IT and a pick that really looks like it won't even be top 10 for Kyrie in his prime?

Danny Ainge is pretty good as running a basketball team.

(And my initial instincts on this deal were wrong.)

Yes. Thank you.

Ya...say that in May when the Cavs knock you and Jaamals Celts on their collective butts. You know you can love that trade and get another poster of Kyrie in ur room and put it next to ur Larry Bird poster or whatnot...or borrow Jamal's Celtic posters...Danny Ainge is a bum.. the Cavs will beat the Celts yet again...

Still holding out hope? I agree that the Cavs will probably go to the finals but is the jury really still out on who got the better of the trade?
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,629

Post#1884 » by kg01 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:11 pm

MaceCase wrote:
kg01 wrote:So Indianapolis gets the 2021 all-star game? F U NBA. We go through this huge arena renovation and we get nothing? F U Adam Silver.

From what I heard slip from a certain lethal civil engineer a few years back, the reason the NFL, MLB, and NBA essentially abandoned Atlanta for any Bowl game of the Super variety or All Star game back in the early 2000s had less to do with the actual facilities but getting to and from them. That and perhaps you should have thought twice about how much to ask for after you aggressively squeegeed Bud Selig, Paul Tagliabue, and David Stern's limos while they were held captive in traffic.

Sorry, I have no idea who you're referring to.

Agree the logistics are an issue for us, unfortunately.

Still ... F U Adam Silver.
king01 :king:
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#1885 » by Spud2nique » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:16 pm

kg01 wrote:
MaceCase wrote:
kg01 wrote:So Indianapolis gets the 2021 all-star game? F U NBA. We go through this huge arena renovation and we get nothing? F U Adam Silver.

From what I heard slip from a certain lethal civil engineer a few years back, the reason the NFL, MLB, and NBA essentially abandoned Atlanta for any Bowl game of the Super variety or All Star game back in the early 2000s had less to do with the actual facilities but getting to and from them. That and perhaps you should have thought twice about how much to ask for after you aggressively squeegeed Bud Selig, Paul Tagliabue, and David Stern's limos while they were held captive in traffic.

Sorry, I have no idea who you're referring to.

Agree the logistics are an issue for us, unfortunately.

Still ... F U Adam Silver.

You know these F U bombs are really a sign of maturity for you kg. Specially the way they are geared to Adam Silver...I really admire your recent posts...
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#1886 » by Spud2nique » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:23 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:Ya...say that in May when the Cavs knock you and Jaamals Celts on their collective butts. You know you can love that trade and get another poster of Kyrie in ur room and put it next to ur Larry Bird poster or whatnot...or borrow Jamal's Celtic posters...Danny Ainge is a bum.. the Cavs will beat the Celts yet again...

:lol:

I just like good basketball.

And I love AL Horford.

And Jaylen Brown went to my old high school.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cavs will indeed be the favorites to rep the East in the Finals again this year.

But moving forward, that franchise is looking at near future where they struggle to compete or rebuild. Celtics seem most likely as heirs to the EC throne.

With our franchise cornerstone as a primary reason.

Fair enough...I guess I understand...well the Jaylen Brown high school part...I picked up his career when I saw him play at Cal with Ivan Rabb..I've been going to Cal games since Tony Gonzales played bball at Cal in the mid 90's..and of course Jason Kidd from Alameda a couple years before...

BUT AL HORFORD....you and a guy named Ken should grab lunch :-) You have a lot in common. Lol.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#1887 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:31 pm

Spud2nique wrote:BUT AL HORFORD....you and a guy named Ken should grab lunch :-) You have a lot in common. Lol.

Don't.

You.

Ever!!!

Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#1888 » by Spud2nique » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:34 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:BUT AL HORFORD....you and a guy named Ken should grab lunch :-) You have a lot in common. Lol.

Don't.

You.

Ever!!!

LOL...oh you've met...
MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#1889 » by MaceCase » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:35 pm

macd-gm wrote:Still holding out hope? I agree that the Cavs will probably go to the finals but is the jury really still out on who got the better of the trade?

Well can the jury make deliberations before all the evidence has been heard? What if IT returns and spurs an already surging Cavs to the best record in the league, a 16-0 playoff record, and the Nets win (lose?) the lottery also consequently pushing the Lakers pick out of the top 6?
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
macd-gm
Starter
And1: 2,515

Post#1890 » by macd-gm » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:43 pm

MaceCase wrote:
macd-gm wrote:Still holding out hope? I agree that the Cavs will probably go to the finals but is the jury really still out on who got the better of the trade?

Well can the jury make deliberations before all the evidence has been heard? What if IT returns and spurs an already surging Cavs to the best record in the league, a 16-0 playoff record, and the Nets win (lose?) the lottery also consequently pushing the Lakers pick out of the top 6?

That would change things for sure and i'd eat crow. Although the more likely outcome is that IT returns, the Cavs go to the finals, lose to someone in the west, IT leaves for big money, Cavs next summer have no title, 10th pick in the draft, and Jae Crowder to show for their trouble.

I will say that the Cavs have been pretty good at acquiring needed vet talent for the stretch run so it's certainly possible that they get what they need to win the championship. Even if IT leaves maybe that makes it worth it?
kg01
General Manager

Post#1891 » by kg01 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:50 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

Don't.

You.

Ever!!!

LOL...oh you've met...

Ha! He reacted somewhat strongly to that, huh?
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,913

Post#1892 » by jayu70 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:23 pm

kg01 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

Don't.

You.

Ever!!!

LOL...oh you've met...

Ha! He reacted somewhat strongly to that, huh?

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#1893 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:07 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:Don't.
You.
Ever!!!

Spud2nique wrote:LOL...oh you've met...

kg01 wrote:Ha! He reacted somewhat strongly to that, huh?

This wasn't real rage BTW.

But, yeah, I've come across his contributions to the board. :pityfool:
kg01
General Manager

Post#1894 » by kg01 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:09 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
You.
Ever!!!

We know him ... which is why we also know that it was indeed real rage. :lol:

Kidding, KingSupes is that know-it-all cousin who's always wrong but is totally convinced it's everybody else who's wrong.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#1895 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:11 pm

kg01 wrote:KingSupes is that know-it-all cousin who's always wrong but is totally convinced it's everybody else who's wrong.

We like to call him RC Buford...

Because that's what he calls himself around here.

That actually happened. :blank:
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#1896 » by Spud2nique » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:12 pm

kg01 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:
You.
Ever!!!

Kidding, KingSupes is that know-it-all cousin who's always wrong but is totally convinced it's everybody else who's wrong.

Oh wowwww...you just gave me a preview into my Xmas with all the cousins ....each an eggspurt..oh boy..calgon take me awayyyy..(80's commercial..)
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,913

Post#1897 » by jayu70 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:17 pm

kg01 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:
You.
Ever!!!

The battles we had in days gone by.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#1898 » by Spud2nique » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:38 pm

jayu70 wrote:
kg01 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

The battles we had in days gone by.

Awwwww..this brings back memories...no NOT of spock or William Shitner or anyone...just a clever gif from back in the day...
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#1899 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:58 pm

Great article from The Ringer:

Victor Oladipo Is Back for the First Time

A new offseason regimen and a new opportunity back in Indiana has helped turn the Pacers guard into the surprise breakout star of the NBA season

The work has paid off. Oladipo, a late-bloomer at virtually every stage of his basketball career, has played like a superstar in his first season with the Pacers. Almost six months after a surprise trade from Oklahoma City, the 25-year-old is averaging career highs across the board, including 24.5 points and a 56 effective field goal percentage, while developing as a passer and leader and playing his typical hard-nosed defense.

Oladipo, the no. 2 pick in the 2013 draft, always had a strong playing foundation to work from. The difference now is he’s learning how to mesh refined skills with his explosive athleticism. This isn’t just a hot shooter. It’s a player who reinvented himself.

More defenders are going over screens to prevent him from simply pulling up over the top, which means driving lanes are opening for him to attack.

Sports quantitative analyst Steve Shea found that Oladipo was miscast early in his career. Lottery picks usually see a steady increase in their on-ball usage on drives, time of possession, and free throw attempts, Shea said. With Oladipo, there was a downward trend.

Orlando experimented with Oladipo at point guard as a rookie, then drafted Elfrid Payton and invested in Evan Fournier. At one point, Oladipo was coming off the bench. He was traded to Oklahoma City, where the heaviest usage player in NBA history resided.

It’s not as if Oladipo got worse as a player (he scored about 16 points per game in each of the past three seasons). He just never got more chances—only new coaches (five over his first five seasons, to be exact).
The Ringer

Instability, bad coaching and poor player development prevented VO from improving early on in Orlando. A common theme for young players from that team.

And the Magic gave him away. :nonono:
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#1900 » by Spud2nique » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:47 pm

Sportsnation is a joke of a show on BSPN...I'm at the mechanic shop so I don't control the tv...Ryan Hollins is a guest on it I guess...you probably recall the name...journeyman big man bum from ucla that took out AC Law's ankle back in his rookie year and set him back for months ...cheap shot artist extraordinaire...

Anyways the just showed a clip of last night's game where Lebron totally runs over Taylor...not sure how that wasn't an offensive foul...and then Taylor is accidentally hit by Bembry after the hit...and BSPN titles it.."Hawks run into each other" or something along those lines...

Ryan Hollins lol

Return to Atlanta Hawks