ImageImage

Around The League News And Rumors (Non-Hawks)

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

macd-gm
Starter
And1: 2,515

Re: Around The League News And Rumors (Non-Hawks) 

Post#1021 » by macd-gm » Thu Aug 3, 2017 1:21 pm

Crazy that we're sitting here in August with 2 huge stars waiting to be traded. I don't know if Irving will be but certainly Melo has to be. Reading that Melo only wants to go to the Rockets but Kyrie would love to go to the Knicks. Getting either of them moving looks about impossible. There just isn't enough return without finding some kind of massive multi team deal.

Any predictions?

I think Melo will make it to the Rockets but i have no idea how.
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#1022 » by Spud2nique » Thu Aug 3, 2017 5:11 pm

macd-gm wrote:Crazy that we're sitting here in August with 2 huge stars waiting to be traded. I don't know if Irving will be but certainly Melo has to be. Reading that Melo only wants to go to the Rockets but Kyrie would love to go to the Knicks. Getting either of them moving looks about impossible. There just isn't enough return without finding some kind of massive multi team deal.

Any predictions?

Ya it's a sticky situation this late for a couple of key names. I'm gonna say Melo to Houston as well. I'm gonna predict Kyrie to Spurs...not sure how lol
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#1023 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Aug 3, 2017 5:24 pm

macd-gm wrote:Crazy that we're sitting here in August with 2 huge stars waiting to be traded. I don't know if Irving will be but certainly Melo has to be. Reading that Melo only wants to go to the Rockets but Kyrie would love to go to the Knicks. Getting either of them moving looks about impossible. There just isn't enough return without finding some kind of massive multi team deal.

Any predictions?

Agree that it's crazy. Also mind boggling more teams don't have the ammo to snatch these guys up in trade.

ORL, SAc-Town, NO Pelicans, Knicks have been terrible for most of the past few years. Yet they can't scrape a package of prospects and draft picks together to snatch up a Kyrie?

pathetic :nonono:
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#1024 » by Spud2nique » Thu Aug 3, 2017 5:37 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:

Any predictions?

Agree that it's crazy. Also mind boggling more teams don't have the ammo to snatch these guys up in trade.

ORL, SAc-Town, NO Pelicans, Knicks have been terrible for most of the past few years. Yet they can't scrape a package of prospects and draft picks together to snatch up a Kyrie?

Not sure if it's the fact that they can't put together a trade vs Kyrie not wanting to be in those places as well as teams sticking to "their process" lol..I mean there are trades off the top of my head..

Orlando sends: Aaron Gordon + Isaac+ 1st

Kings send : Buddy Hield+ Justin Jackson + 1st

Pelican send : Cousins+ Holiday+1st

There are plenty of teams that could trade if all sides agree. When Kyrie gives you a list of 4 teams that he's willing to go to, then it makes it tough.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#1025 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Aug 3, 2017 5:39 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:Agree that it's crazy. Also mind boggling more teams don't have the ammo to snatch these guys up in trade.

Not sure if it's the fact that they can't put together a trade vs Kyrie not wanting to be in those places as well as teams sticking to "their process" lol..I mean there are trades off the top of my head..

Orlando sends: Aaron Gordon + Isaac+ 1st

Kings send : Buddy Hield+ Justin Jackson + 1st

Pelican send : Cousins+ Holiday+1st

There are plenty of teams that could trade if all sides agree. When Kyrie gives you a list of 4 teams that he's willing to go to, then it makes it tough.

I can't see CLE being interested in any of those packages except maybe New Orleans. (Even that is based around expiring DeMarcus)

But those teams should have a half dozen lottery selections on their rosters worth trading. Kings and Magic both have wasted so many young players over the years...
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Post#1026 » by kg01 » Thu Aug 3, 2017 5:41 pm

I think it's more a matter of the Cavs not having a real GM + the Cavs wanting to rake teams over the coals in a deal + teams not wanting to gut their teams Knick-style in a deal, etc.

I think it has nothing, whatsoever, to do with Kyrie's "list". Dude has 2 years left on his deal, they have no incentive to honor that list. They could trade him anywhere they want. He'll have to show up.
king01 :king:
MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#1027 » by MaceCase » Thu Aug 3, 2017 8:09 pm

Cavs' price + the fact he's noncommittal on destinations outside of his core 4 (probably noncommittal on those as well) are definitely why Kyrie hasn't been traded. That and by the same measure they have no incentive to honor his trade request at all, he'll have to show up and suffer through playing for a championship. Knicks-type haul is unlikely because that came with Melo agreeing to an extension, even then the Knicks only ponied that up because Masai expertly teased the Nets and used them as a pawn to drive up the Knicks price.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
macd-gm
Starter

Post#1028 » by macd-gm » Fri Aug 4, 2017 12:52 pm

It's not about the Cavs honoring the list though. If you're a team not on the list do you want to give up a bunch and invest in a sulking Kyrie who's around for 2 years? I think those teams are staying away.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#1029 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Aug 4, 2017 5:14 pm

Read on Twitter

Are they gonna use all the bricks to build homes for the Africans?

(Note: That's an insult only to their poor shooting...not the Africans.)
kg01
General Manager

Post#1030 » by kg01 » Fri Aug 4, 2017 5:52 pm

Can't say I'm surprised (since it needed to happen), but looks like Glenn got Budz'd ...

Read on Twitter
?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.realgm.com%2Fboards%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D1595870%26start%3D20
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#1031 » by jayu70 » Fri Aug 4, 2017 6:08 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Read on Twitter

Are they gonna use all the bricks to build homes for the Africans?

(Note: That's an insult only to their poor shooting...not the Africans.)

Hopefully Dennis keeps shooting well.

NBA Africa game is tomorrow morning at 11:AM on ESPN2
macd-gm
Starter

Post#1032 » by macd-gm » Fri Aug 4, 2017 6:29 pm

Hopefully that lessens the stigma for Bud losing the president title. Never thought either of those guys would lose it before SVG though.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#1033 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Aug 4, 2017 6:40 pm

kg01 wrote:Can't say I'm surprised (since it needed to happen), but looks like Glenn got Budz'd ...

Read on Twitter

"Freed of front office responsibilities..."

Nice way of saying he, too, was demoted.

The obvious question is the same one following Bud's departure from front office leadership, how long does DOC keep his coaching job?
macd-gm
Starter

Post#1034 » by macd-gm » Fri Aug 4, 2017 6:55 pm

I hope Bud is the Hawk's coach for a long, long time but i could definitely see him bolting back to SA if Pop retired. If there is a vacancy here there might be a push to bring in Doc. Hopefully Schlenk won't go for that.
kg01
General Manager

Post#1035 » by kg01 » Fri Aug 4, 2017 7:01 pm

macd-gm wrote:I hope Bud is the Hawk's coach for a long, long time but i could definitely see him bolting back to SA if Pop retired. If there is a vacancy here there might be a push to bring in Doc. Hopefully Schlenk won't go for that.

Man, you've been trying to push Budz out the door for a while now, macd. What gives?

Anyways, I highly doubt the current brass will be remotely interested in bringing Glenn back. If Gearon were still a voice, I think it'd be a thought.

Kinda hate that Kenny's basically coaching at home now, otherwise, I could see him coming back. Shiiii, if UTA takes a dip during their 'compete-build' after Hayward's absence, why wouldn't he want to return?
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#1036 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Aug 4, 2017 7:12 pm

kg01 wrote:Kinda hate that Kenny's basically coaching at home now, otherwise, I could see him coming back. Shiiii, if UTA takes a dip during their 'compete-build' after Hayward's absence, why wouldn't he want to return?

Agree that the guy who should be our coach is in Utah.

But are you confusing Kenny in Brooklyn with Quin in Salt Lake City?
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#1037 » by jayu70 » Fri Aug 4, 2017 7:18 pm

macd-gm wrote:I hope Bud is the Hawk's coach for a long, long time but i could definitely see him bolting back to SA if Pop retired. If there is a vacancy here there might be a push to bring in Doc. Hopefully Schlenk won't go for that.

When Pop retires - I think Becky Hammon gets the gig. First female NBA head coach.
kg01
General Manager

Post#1038 » by kg01 » Fri Aug 4, 2017 7:24 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
kg01 wrote:Kinda hate that Kenny's basically coaching at home now, otherwise, I could see him coming back. Shiiii, if UTA takes a dip during their 'compete-build' after Hayward's absence, why wouldn't he want to return?

Agree that the guy who should be our coach is in Utah.

But are you confusing Kenny in Brooklyn with Quin in Salt Lake City?

I'm saying KennyAt would seem more likely to return if not for the fact that he's basically 'home' now. Conversely, QuinnS could be more re-attainable considering I expect UTA to take a slide in the coming year(s).
kg01
General Manager

Post#1039 » by kg01 » Fri Aug 4, 2017 7:25 pm

jayu70 wrote:

When Pop retires - I think Becky Hammon gets the gig. First female NBA head coach.

Be still my beating heart. :P

Oh yes, my unnatural crush on Becki (putting the 'i' at the end makes it sexier) continues.
macd-gm
Starter

Post#1040 » by macd-gm » Fri Aug 4, 2017 8:46 pm

kg01 wrote:
jayu70 wrote:

Be still my beating heart. :P

Oh yes, my unnatural crush on Becki (putting the 'i' at the end makes it sexier) continues.

Interesting you describe your crush on a woman as unnatural. I don't know if that's offensive or not.

I agree. I think she'll get the job. That's IF Pop ever retires.

Return to Atlanta Hawks