ImageImage

Around The League News And Rumors (Non-Hawks)

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Re: Around The League News And Rumors (Non-Hawks) 

Post#1561 » by kg01 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:18 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
kg01 wrote:
macd-gm wrote:KG thinks the league is restricted to only those who are gender fluid.

Heh, I had to delete a highly inappropriate response to this. :lol:

I'll try to re-rail here ...

So, since it's likely that CHI will have to get rid of Portis, do we look to get involved? This'll be a distressed sell so, clearly they'll have to attach an asset. Interested?

interested? Heck, yeah. I liked the kid coming out of college.

But Trav has publicly stated numerous times how he's looking to build with high-character guys.

Portis isn't enough of a talent for Travis to abandon that approach so soon.

It was just a practice fight. Happen all the time. It's just that Mirotic lost ... big time. To me, the prize would be the asset. Portis wouldn't be here long.

I hear you though. It'd only be a good idea if CHI pays a real premium.
king01 :king:
macd-gm
Starter
And1: 2,515

Post#1562 » by macd-gm » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:22 pm

kg01 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:
kg01 wrote:
Heh, I had to delete a highly inappropriate response to this. :lol:

I'll try to re-rail here ...

So, since it's likely that CHI will have to get rid of Portis, do we look to get involved? This'll be a distressed sell so, clearly they'll have to attach an asset. Interested?

But Trav has publicly stated numerous times how he's looking to build with high-character guys.

It was just a practice fight. Happen all the time. It's just that Mirotic lost ... big time. To me, the prize would be the asset. Portis wouldn't be here long.

I doubt it. What do they care. They don't need chemistry this year. In fact, this kind of thing will at least keep them in the papers. Maybe fans will show up to see the dysfunction. I think the Bulls are dead set on sitting at the bottom all season. Total dysfunction will only help that.
kg01
General Manager

Post#1563 » by kg01 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:41 pm

macd-gm wrote:
kg01 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

I doubt it. What do they care. They don't need chemistry this year. In fact, this kind of thing will at least keep them in the papers. Maybe fans will show up to see the dysfunction. I think the Bulls are dead set on sitting at the bottom all season. Total dysfunction will only help that.

That's false IMHO. Dysfunction sticks. Just like the losing culture in PHI, it'll be around after they get to the point where they want to start winning again. Tank or no-tank, they'll have to work to resolve/remove dysfunction. That's what winning organizations do.
MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#1564 » by MaceCase » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:55 pm

So wait.....How do we go from disparaging Dennis for ending up in an altercation with a stranger to wanting Bobby Portis who put his own teammate in the hospital with a cheap shot?

Naw, I'm not buying that practice fight BS either. You sucker punch dudes at the club who act disrespectful then disappear into the crowd because you don't know who they're rolling with or what. You got an issue with your teammate though you square up, handle it like a duel.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
macd-gm
Starter

Post#1565 » by macd-gm » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:56 pm

MaceCase wrote:So wait.....How do we go from disparaging Dennis for ending up in an altercation with a stranger to wanting Bobby Portis who put his own teammate in the hospital with a cheap shot?

Agree. but in kg's defense he doesn't want portis. He just wants the asset that we can wriggle out from them. Which i think is nothing to be honest.
MaceCase
General Manager

Post#1566 » by MaceCase » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:06 pm

macd-gm wrote:
MaceCase wrote:So wait.....How do we go from disparaging Dennis for ending up in an altercation with a stranger to wanting Bobby Portis who put his own teammate in the hospital with a cheap shot?

Agree. but in kg's defense he doesn't want portis. He just wants the asset that we can wriggle out from them. Which i think is nothing to be honest.

You're right, that "asset" would be absolutely nothing. Have they even exercised Portis' 4th year option yet? If not then he's a fricken $1.5 mil expiring. Reaaaaal tough to get out from under those.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
macd-gm
Starter

Post#1567 » by macd-gm » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:09 pm

Maybe we should try to get broke-face Mirotic. looks like he can't be traded until january though.
MaceCase
General Manager

Post#1568 » by MaceCase » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:26 pm

macd-gm wrote:Maybe we should try to get broke-face Mirotic. looks like he can't be traded until january though.

Naw, Sothron talked him up something fierce before he came over to the NBA. When Soth goes quiet on a player rather than drop quarterly "I told you so's" you know the player done fugged up.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
kg01
General Manager

Post#1569 » by kg01 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:29 pm

Naw, I'm not buying that practice fight BS either. You sucker punch dudes at the club who act disrespectful then disappear into the crowd because you don't know who they're rolling with or what. You got an issue with your teammate though you square up, handle it like a duel.

First of all, lol @ you recounting your club-fight experience(s).

Second, again, perhaps we should reserve judgment until the video comes out. All practices are taped IIUC so there's probably video out there. Just a matter of time until it surfaces. Will it change your stance if Mirotic is bowin' up then just gets the worst end of it? Should Bobby be punished more severely simply because Mirotic can't thow (yes, thow) them hands?

The more salient points are that Portis would be cheap for CHI to jettison regardless so I agree the trade idea wasn't a good one. Hey, I can be wrong once. :P
MaceCase
General Manager

Post#1570 » by MaceCase » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:47 pm

kg01 wrote:

Second, again, perhaps we should reserve judgment until the video comes out. All practices are taped IIUC so there's probably video out there. Just a matter of time until it surfaces. Will it change your stance if Mirotic is bowin' up then just gets the worst end of it? Should Bobby be punished more severely simply because Mirotic can't thow (yes, thow) them hands?

The more salient points are that Portis would be cheap for CHI to jettison regardless so I agree the trade idea wasn't a good one. Hey, I can be wrong once. :P

Let's just say I've been in more than a few seedy arcades.

I don't know about practices being taped but when execs and players who were there, you know, the biggest people with a desire to keep something like this in-house and under wraps, are leaking it was a cheap shot or coming out and flat out saying only one guy threw a punch then I have to imagine one dude is/was really a dick.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#1571 » by jayu70 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:56 pm

From the trickle out reports, this has been 3 years in the making, pushing, shoving during bball practice. Saw one report that Mirotic instigated, then charged him that's when Portis punched him.

Anyway, don't want Portis - neck too long - you know me and the long necks and fatties (Spud).

Agree with Mase though, can't rag on Dennis for fighting in a club then want a player who's fighting his teammates putting him in the hospital.
macd-gm
Starter

Post#1572 » by macd-gm » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:02 pm

Jimmy Butler's response to the news of the Portis/mirotic fight:

“Hey, all I know is I’m not to blame for this one,” Butler quipped. “I’m a just, I don’t know. I’m going to be quiet on the matter. Jimmy Butler is not the bad guy.”
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#1573 » by Spud2nique » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:51 pm

jayu70 wrote:From the trickle out reports, this has been 3 years in the making, pushing, shoving during bball practice. Saw one report that Mirotic instigated, then charged him that's when Portis punched him.

Anyway, don't want Portis - neck too long - you know me and the long necks and fatties (Spud).

Agree with Mase though, can't rag on Dennis for fighting in a club then want a player who's fighting his teammates putting him in the hospital.

Hahaha I was fully aware of fatties but either forgot or didn't know about giraffism..lol...oh now I gotta check the neck on Portis...chin to collarbone measurement? :lol:
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#1574 » by Spud2nique » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:54 pm

Long) Human – The longest human neck ever recorded was 40 centimetres (15.8 inches) long. The average neck is closer to 10-12 centimetres (3.9-4.7 inches) in length.

Did you know the human head weighs 8 pounds-Ray

Ps Let's go to the zoo....
kg01
General Manager

Post#1575 » by kg01 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:58 pm

MaceCase wrote:
kg01 wrote:

Let's just say I've been in more than a few seedy arcades.

I don't know about practices being taped but when execs and players who were there, you know, the biggest people with a desire to keep something like this in-house and under wraps, are leaking it was a cheap shot or coming out and flat out saying only one guy threw a punch then I have to imagine one dude is/was really a dick.

Well, Peter Vecsey's sauces told him Mirotic was the instigator here, lunged at Clinton and got dropp'd. Pretty sure all them former frat boy suits wouldn't know a cheap shot from a legit 'get-off-me-b*tch' haymaker.

Let me stop, Portis was wrong here regardless. He was supposedly positioning himself as a leader for that squad. If that's true, he shouldn't have let it get to that point in the first place. Besides, I think the real story here is your seedy exploits in the arcades. Wait, that sounds pretty bad.
kg01
General Manager

Post#1576 » by kg01 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:44 am

Oh man, Lin just blew a knee (looks like it anyway). His reaction was pretty heart wrenching.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#1577 » by jayu70 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:11 am

Injuries piling up already. Smh
jayu70
RealGM

Post#1578 » by jayu70 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:14 am

Hey Spud, your boy Stanley Johnson 0-13 in 40 minutes.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#1579 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:23 am

Celtics on pace to go 0-164...I think that math is right.

Without A Bradley, Jae, IT--Bostin just isn't very tenacious right now.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#1580 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:52 pm

duplicate

Return to Atlanta Hawks