ImageImage

Around The League News And Rumors (Non-Hawks)

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,494

Re: Around The League News And Rumors (Non-Hawks) 

Post#2521 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:36 pm

kg01 wrote:Or we can tie up space with guys like Clarkson so he can cash checks, jak up shots and maybe lead us to unnecessary wins. Yay?

All this 'cause he's looked good in 2 games playing beside the best player on the planet.

Jordan Clarkson is a decent trade chip in the midst of a career year. I think he'd be worth even more one year from now after a year under Bud and 1+ years left under contract.

This was my perspective on it then and now:

Jamaaliver wrote:Clarkson...meh. He's having a career year. He's a better backup PG option than what we have. I have to think that 2 years of that kid is more valuable in trade than 3 months of Belinelli.

We're in asset acquisition phase of the rebuild. And these are pretty manageable assets that could be included in trade this summer for matching contracts or providing depth to a contender. I absolutely think we could move these guys pretty easily in trade.
January 4th

Seeing Clarkson play well on a contender and Marco walk away for nothing...only reinforces that for me.
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Post#2522 » by kg01 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:54 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
kg01 wrote:Or we can tie up space with guys like Clarkson so he can cash checks, jak up shots and maybe lead us to unnecessary wins. Yay?

All this 'cause he's looked good in 2 games playing beside the best player on the planet.

Jordan Clarkson is a decent trade chip in the midst of a career year. I think he'd be worth even more one year from now after a year under Bud and 1+ years left under contract.

Jamaaliver wrote:Clarkson...meh. He's having a career year. He's a better backup PG option than what we have. I have to think that 2 years of that kid is more valuable in trade than 3 months of Belinelli.

We're in asset acquisition phase of the rebuild. And these are pretty manageable assets that could be included in trade this summer for matching contracts or providing depth to a contender. I absolutely think we could move these guys pretty easily in trade.
January 4th

Seeing Clarkson play well on a contender and Marco walk away for nothing...only reinforces that for me.

You're giving yourself way too much heartburn over this dude. LAL has been trying to trade him unsuccessfully for years. I'm not interested in inheriting others' problems on the off chance we may be able to luck into a trade for which we won't have to dump an asset.

And furthermore, him looking good next to LeBron is meaningless in this discussion.
king01 :king:
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#2523 » by jayu70 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:57 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:

January 4th

There's no moving guys easy in a trade in this market.
If Clarkson was a trade chip by himself, LAL should have been able to move him by himself, not include Nance as the sweetner.
The issue isn't that he's a terrible player, market conditions set the value of his contract as a bad deal because of teams unwillingness to forfeit capspace or having no capspace. Next year will be no different regarding capspace. Record number if teams slated to pay LTax.
The year after the capspace market is expected to ease.
Marco was a manageable asset but still teams wanted us to take on long term salary for him? How is that easily tradeable.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#2524 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:04 pm

kg01 wrote:And furthermore, him looking good next to LeBron is meaningless in this discussion.

Too much heartburn? Probably. I'd never heard of the dude before 9 weeks ago. (I live East and go to bed at 10:30).

:dontknow:

But, I have to wonder if we could have made him look attractive to a contender this season or next.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#2525 » by jayu70 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:33 am

Read on Twitter
macd-gm
Starter
And1: 2,515

Post#2526 » by macd-gm » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:07 pm

Apparently Rondo doesn't like IT being a beantown hero for one good year when Rondo helped the celtics win a ring.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#2527 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:50 pm

Read on Twitter

5. Magic: Kelly Oubre Jr.

Tjarks:The top four guys are locks, so this is where the draft really gets interesting.

Oubre is a 22-year-old who has established himself as a high-level 3-and-D player in Washington, and he still has some untapped potential because he hasn’t yet had a chance to be anything more than a secondary option on offense. Oubre is basically who Orlando thought it was getting in Mario Hezonja.

The question, of course, is how much of his development has been the result of getting eased into a smaller role on an established team, and whether Oubre would have flamed out in much the same way as Mario Hezonja has if he had been thrown into the fire right away in Orlando.

Chau:as much as players like Towns and Porzingis wowed the masses immediately, there are a lot of talented players from this draft who have still yet to find their identity. I like Oubre, and I think he’s particularly interesting going forward as a small-ball 4 considering his strong frame and long-ass wingspan—but I don’t know that he’s shown enough flashes of shot creation for me to go all in here.

They only do lottery picks and stop just before they get to us at #15.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,006

Post#2528 » by HMFFL » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:05 pm

I must admit, Rondo trolling IT for over a month now has been amusing. What sparked it was Boston planning the video tribute on the same night that they retired the jersey of Paul Pierce. The video tribute never happened.

jayu70 wrote:
Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#2529 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:29 pm

Read on Twitter
jayu70
RealGM

Post#2530 » by jayu70 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:36 pm

Read on Twitter

:lol:
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,006

Post#2531 » by HMFFL » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:55 am

Jamaaliver wrote:
Read on Twitter

That will be a brutal stretch for New Orleans.
Possibly one that's not safe for the players as well so managing their minutes will be key.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#2532 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:27 am

Read on Twitter

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#2533 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:54 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#2534 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:40 pm

Destination LeBron

LeBron James is set to be a free agent, and his decision where to play next season could shake up the NBA once again. So where will the King find his throne? We look at the most likely options. ESPN

LBJ in HOU or SAS would be fun to watch.

But I can't imagine he heads WEST...where the playoffs are a heck of a lot tougher than this conference.
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#2535 » by Spud2nique » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:56 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:Image

Destination LeBron

LeBron James is set to be a free agent, and his decision where to play next season could shake up the NBA once again. So where will the King find his throne? We look at the most likely options. ESPN

LBJ in HOU or SAS would be fun to watch.

But I can't imagine he heads WEST...where the playoffs are a heck of a lot tougher than this conference.

Has Lebron ever played for a well established big name successful coach?

Pop and Dantoni would be the best he’s ever played for I think.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#2536 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:59 pm

Spud2nique wrote:Has Lebron ever played for a well established big name successful coach?

Pop and Dantoni would be the best he’s ever played for I think.

:nod:
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#2537 » by Spud2nique » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:05 pm

That would be the one challenge left for Lebron it seems ...to be able to win in a system that requires ball movement..lol..if he went to the Spurs and won a ring then I think it sends a message to Kyrie and other guys that don’t want to play with him because he’s a ball hog.
MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#2538 » by MaceCase » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:28 pm

Read on Twitter

Has Dwight advanced in his career from coach killer to GM killer?
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Post#2539 » by kg01 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:01 pm

As a guy on NBARadio said w.r.t. this news, "Them Carolina roots run deep". Jordan just hiring another tarheel. Cho should've seen this coming the day LAL fired Kupchak.

I'd probably peer harder into Kupchak's LAL years without Jerry West before thinking of hiring him, honestly. Based on those years, with the backing of the best free agent spot in the league, what's his resume really look like?
king01 :king:
jayu70
RealGM

Post#2540 » by jayu70 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:22 pm

Cuuuubes.
Read on Twitter

Return to Atlanta Hawks