ImageImage

Around The League News And Rumors (Non-Hawks)

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Re: Around The League News And Rumors (Non-Hawks) 

Post#2541 » by Spud2nique » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:35 pm

jayu70 wrote:Cuuuubes.
Read on Twitter

Isn’t that what some addicts say? Let me just tank this one time and I’m done...I swear..wow...Adam Silver needs to investi...nevermind.
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Post#2542 » by kg01 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:36 pm

jayu70 wrote:Cuuuubes.
Read on Twitter

DAL is low-key dysfunctional. I mean, that roster should not be contending for a top pick. The fact that they are is an indictment on Cuuuuub as well as Carlisle IMHO.

Did Cuban really have to come out now and say they're tanking? What has he been watching? They've been tanking, while "going for the playoffs", for like 3 seasons now.

Newsflash, whatever you're doing isn't working.
king01 :king:
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#2543 » by Spud2nique » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:52 pm

On a slightly different but different note, does anyone here have a problem with the Raptors not wanting to sign Vince this year?

He was basically the Raptors logo for 5 good years...or was it 6..
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#2544 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:11 pm

Spud2nique wrote:On a slightly different but different note, does anyone here have a problem with the Raptors not wanting to sign Vince this year?

Yeah, it's a tough one.

One aspect of pro sports that gets forgotten/overlooked:

Players change, front office execs change -- it's only the fanbase that stays more or less the same.

This current front office/coaching staff likely has no ties to VC at all.

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#2545 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:52 pm

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#2546 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:53 pm

Read on Twitter
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#2547 » by jayu70 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:33 pm

Spud2nique wrote:On a slightly different but different note, does anyone here have a problem with the Raptors not wanting to sign Vince this year?

No problem with it. I understand the sentimentally aspect, but I think the Raptors want desperately to make noise in the playoffs. I think they have 1 roster spot that they would prefer to fill with a a specific need player.
They maybe looking for a big and not a wing?
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#2548 » by Spud2nique » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:56 pm

Pelicans signed a Walter Matthau/Jack Lemon combo?..wtf
kg01
General Manager

Post#2549 » by kg01 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:39 pm

Uh, y'all see the stuff in that article about the Mavs?

[/https://www.si.com/nba/2018/02/20/dallas-mavericks-sexual-misconduct-investigation-mark-cuban-response

At this meal, with ESPN crew members seated nearby, Ussery struck up an unusual conversation. As the woman recalls the exchange, Ussery claimed that he knew what she was going to do over the coming weekend. When the woman asked, confusedly, what Ussery meant, he smiled.

“You’re going to get gang-banged,” he asserted, “aren’t you?”

“No,” the woman responded, caught off-guard. “Actually, I’m going to the movies with friends.”

“No,” Ussery insisted. “You’re definitely getting gang-banged.”

Uhhhh ... :o

Of course Cuban, who claims to be on top of everything in that organization, claims he was clueless. This dude was there for 20 years and Cuban knew nothing?

I remember this dude saying he wrote the script for his telemarketers when selling tickets but you know nothing about your 2nd in command playing grab-arse with the new hires? C'mon man.

Guess now we know why he came out with the tanking stuff a day ago. "Hey lookit here, lookit here .. no, don't look over there ... lookit here!!"

ETA: I should note the guy in question was fired after 2 months at Under Armor due to an "incident" with a female employee in an elevator. 2 months!!! After 20 years with the Mavs?!! 2 months.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#2550 » by Spud2nique » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:45 pm

I call for a full investigation headed by anyone other that the incompetent Adam Silver.
kg01
General Manager

Post#2551 » by kg01 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:47 pm

Spud2nique wrote:I call for a full investigation headed by anyone other that the incompetent Adam Silver.

Funny thing is, ol' reactionary Adam will likely cave to media/public pressure and force Cuban to sell.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#2552 » by Spud2nique » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:50 pm

kg01 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:I call for a full investigation headed by anyone other that the incompetent Adam Silver.

Funny thing is, ol' reactionary Adam will likely cave to media/public pressure and force Cuban to sell.

True. I bet Cuban gets out of this with money.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#2553 » by Spud2nique » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:11 pm

The last line is the best...end of story?...not so fast there Mark.

"I want to deal with this issue," Cuban told SI. "I mean, this is, obviously there's a problem in the Mavericks organization and we've got to fix it. That's it. And we're going to take every step. It's not something we tolerate. I don't want it. It's not something that's acceptable.

"I'm embarrassed, to be honest with you, that it happened under my ownership, and it needs to be fixed. Period. End of story."
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#2554 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:28 pm

kg01 wrote:Uh, y'all see the stuff in that article about the Mavs?

[/https://www.si.com/nba/2018/02/20/dallas-mavericks-sexual-misconduct-investigation-mark-cuban-response

At this meal, with ESPN crew members seated nearby, Ussery struck up an unusual conversation. As the woman recalls the exchange, Ussery claimed that he knew what she was going to do over the coming weekend. When the woman asked, confusedly, what Ussery meant, he smiled.

“No,” the woman responded, caught off-guard. “Actually, I’m going to the movies with friends.”

:o

That's...awful.

I'm pretty sure Billy Bush is to blame.

#LockerRoomTalk :nonono:
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#2555 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:36 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
kg01
General Manager

Post#2556 » by kg01 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:37 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:

:o

That's...awful.

I'm pretty sure Billy Bush is to blame.

#LockerRoomTalk :nonono:

I'm glad they included the bit where the wronged employees actually felt the players/coaches were a refuge for them as that was the only place where they were treated with respect. Too often, the assumption is them guys are the dregs of the organization.

Brendan Haywood is a host on NBARadio and has offered an interesting take considering he was there during all this and knows all the offenders personally.

Said he knew everyone involved and that everything they're discussing is news to him. Said it hurts to know someone you knew (or thought you knew) to be a decent person is behaving this way behind the scenes. Hurts to know the female employees were being victimized the whole time and they weren't able to help (because they didn't know).

Confirmed that the players were always respectful to the female employees. Surely, if they weren't, it would be headline news.

Said he knew the president and he seemed like a nice enough guy. Wants to know how much Cuban knew and when he knew it. Confused that Cuban has a rep as a guy totally involved but, on this, is clueless.

Said he hung out socially with the beat writer and knew he had been arrested at work, but never knew why. Said he asked him at the time but the guy said there were bogus charges so Haywood let it go/didn't question further. Basically said he wishes he had been more inquisitive but that's not really his nature.
MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#2557 » by MaceCase » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:52 pm

I can't envision Cuban getting any league repercussions unless there's a silver bullet employee that comes out against him. He can play the willful ignorance/plausible deniability card that he was more involved in the basketball OPs than the business side to have been aware of the allegations.

Then again, it's clear these guys are good at pointing the finger elsewhere:
"During my nearly 20 year tenure with the Mavericks, I am not aware of any sexual harassment complaints about me or any findings by the organization that I engaged in inappropriate conduct. In fact, on multiple occasions I and other senior executives at the organization raised concerns—both in person and in emails—about other Mavericks employees who had engaged in highly inappropriate—and in some cases, threatening—sexual conduct. The organization refused to address these concerns, and I believe these misleading claims about me are part of an attempt to shift blame for the failure to remove employees who created an uncomfortable and hostile work environment within the Mavericks organization.”
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
jayu70
RealGM

Post#2558 » by jayu70 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:35 pm

Of course Cuban, who claims to be on top of everything in that organization, claims he was clueless. This dude was there for 20 years and Cuban knew nothing?

I remember this dude saying he wrote the script for his telemarketers when selling tickets but you know nothing about your 2nd in command playing grab-arse with the new hires? C'mon man.

Guess now we know why he came out with the tanking stuff a day ago. "Hey lookit here, lookit here .. no, don't look over there ... lookit here!!"

ETA: I should note the guy in question was fired after 2 months at Under Armor due to an "incident" with a female employee in an elevator. 2 months!!! After 20 years with the Mavs?!! 2 months.

Disgusting!!!!
What kind if mind can come up with something so crass and think it's ok.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#2559 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:40 pm

Yes, AD. You have been irrelevant too long. And it's your ownership's fault.

What team even has the assets to trade for this dude?

Boston, WAS and...Philly? Minnesota?

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
jayu70
RealGM

Post#2560 » by jayu70 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:54 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Atlanta Hawks