ImageImage

Around The League News And Rumors (Non-Hawks)

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Re: Around The League News And Rumors (Non-Hawks) 

Post#2881 » by jayu70 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:52 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:Ok not gonna lie I’ve never seen this movie. I know it’s a big one, specially a big sports movie...I know, all these years.

Ps I still get to do gifs on it though cuz kg never saw Lebowski and he acts like he’s the dude’s best friend or something..

LOL

I honestly thought 'Field of Dreams' and 'Bull Durham' were the same movie until like a year ago.

So, no worries.

Just another famed longtime Minor Leaguer who waited a decade+ to get his shot.

I think I’m gonna need to do a double header soon. I might wanna throw in the Die Hard series as well...I know I know..people can’t believe it. Ive heard good things.

:-? You haven't seen Die Hard? Just watch the 1st 2 though, the rest leaves a lot to be desired.
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Post#2882 » by kg01 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:53 pm

jayu70 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

LOL

I honestly thought 'Field of Dreams' and 'Bull Durham' were the same movie until like a year ago.

So, no worries.

Just another famed longtime Minor Leaguer who waited a decade+ to get his shot.

I think I’m gonna need to do a double header soon. I might wanna throw in the Die Hard series as well...I know I know..people can’t believe it. Ive heard good things.

:-? You haven't seen Die Hard? Just watch the 1st 2 though, the rest leaves a lot to be desired.

What the ..? He hasn't seen Die Hard?! And he chides me for not having seen some Lebowski movie?!

That sound is @spud losing all movie-related credibility. SMH
king01 :king:
jayu70
RealGM

Post#2883 » by jayu70 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:56 pm

kg01 wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:

What the ..? He hasn't seen Die Hard?! And he chides me for not having seen some Lebowski movie?!

Have you seen Taken?
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#2884 » by Spud2nique » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:57 pm

kg01 wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:

kg01
General Manager

Post#2885 » by kg01 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:58 pm

jayu70 wrote:
kg01 wrote:
jayu70 wrote: :-? You haven't seen Die Hard? Just watch the 1st 2 though, the rest leaves a lot to be desired.

Have you seen Taken?

Yep.

Why do I feel like I just took a movie-cred test and passed? :)
jayu70
RealGM

Post#2886 » by jayu70 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:59 pm

kg01 wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
kg01 wrote:

Have you seen Taken?

Yep.

Figured you did. The question was for Spud.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#2887 » by Spud2nique » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:59 pm

jayu70 wrote:
kg01 wrote:
jayu70 wrote: :-? You haven't seen Die Hard? Just watch the 1st 2 though, the rest leaves a lot to be desired.

Have you seen Taken?

No, is it good?
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#2888 » by Spud2nique » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:00 pm

jayu70 wrote:
kg01 wrote:
jayu70 wrote:Have you seen Taken?

Yep.

Figured you did. The question was for Spud.

Oh wow is that where he’s looking for his daughter for 17 hours?
kg01
General Manager

Post#2889 » by kg01 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:02 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
kg01 wrote:

Have you seen Taken?

No, is it good?

Oh my .... @spud, go to that creepy "video" store on the corner ... the only place that still rents DVDs and VHS's ... and rent Die Hard and Die Hard 2, pick up Taken and don't come back until you've seen all 3.

Don't worry, the creepy store owner will remember you from all your nightly visits.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,492

Post#2890 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:03 pm

Did you just advise him to skip the masterpiece that is 'Die Hard with a Vengeance'?

Unacceptable. It's the Lethal Weapon 3 of Die Hard movies.

Spoiler:
Fun fact: The movie Speed was actually written as a 3rd Die Hard movie, but Willis and the movies producers shot the script down. Making Speed the greatest Die Hard movie never made.

Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#2891 » by Spud2nique » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:04 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:

Did you just advise him to skip the masterpiece that is 'Die Hard with a Vengeance'?

Spoiler:
Fun fact: The movie Speed was actually written as a 3rd Die Hard movie, but Willis and the movies producers shot the script down. Making Speed the greatest Die Hard movie never made.

Lethal weapon? Oh you mean like lethal from the old board?
kg01
General Manager

Post#2892 » by kg01 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:05 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:

Spoiler:

I can't lie, I liked Die Hard 3 too.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#2893 » by Spud2nique » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:08 pm

kg01 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
jayu70 wrote:Have you seen Taken?

No, is it good?

Oh my .... @spud, go to that creepy "video" store on the corner ... the only place that still rents DVDs and VHS's ... and rent Die Hard and Die Hard 2, pick up Taken and don't come back until you've seen all 3.

Don't worry, the creepy store owner will remember you from all your nightly visits.

The creepy store was called movie to go. It was in a shopping center by my house...it closed about 17 years ago, they even had a “special” section with red drapes separating that section from others...I felt like I was on a mini vaca in Amsterdam! Oh, also saw one of my dad’s friends in that very section and we made eye contact....

The worst 5 seconds in my life I tell ya...
jayu70
RealGM

Post#2894 » by jayu70 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:11 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:

Spoiler:

My memory isn't what it used to be. Good call.
kg01
General Manager

Post#2895 » by kg01 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:15 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
kg01 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
No, is it good?

The creepy store was called movie to go. It was in a shopping center by my house...it closed about 17 years ago, they even had a “special” section with red drapes separating that section from others...I felt like I was on a mini vaca in Amsterdam! Oh, also saw one of my dad’s friends in that very section and we made eye contact....

LOL I have a feeling, if he had invited you to 'hang out' afterwards, there would've been a much worse 5 second period to lament.

To re-rail a bit, am I the only one with a feeling of dread ahead of this MIN/DEN matchup? Kinda hoping 'Sap does his old team a solid and mix in a heavy diet o' iso-Sap tonite.

You know the play. The one where he goes tricky-dribble 1-on-5, gets hacked on a bad shot, misses wildly, yells "Aye!" at the ref, doesn't get the call, is slow to get back on D, gives up a wide-arse open 3. That one.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#2896 » by jayu70 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:17 pm

kg01 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
kg01 wrote:

LOL I have a feeling, if he had invited you to 'hang out' afterwards, there would've been a much worse 5 second period to lament.

To re-rail a bit, am I the only one with a feeling of dread ahead of this MIN/DEN matchup? Kinda hoping 'Sap does his old team a solid and mix in a heavy diet o' iso-Sap tonite.

You know the play. The one where he goes tricky-dribble 1-on-5, gets hacked on a bad shot, misses wildly, yells "Aye!" at the ref, doesn't get the call, is slow to get back on D, gives up a wide-arse open 3. That one.

All I'm thinking is why does this awlways happen to Atlanta. Just like when we had the Brooklyn pick and they made an end of season run to make the playoffs. Sigh. SMH.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#2897 » by Spud2nique » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:34 pm

kg01 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
kg01 wrote:

It’s Sap vs buck tooth Teague (old Teague).

First off, I love the Sap AYYYEEEEE, I randomly yell it sometimes...it’s a stress reliever.

Secondly, I think Teague has to step up. The Wolves are a talented team but lazy. Jimmy Butler is not lazy and needs to probably come out and lead early on until KAT wakes up. Wiggins has been horrible so you would think he’s due. If he’s not, I yank in immediately in favor of another x fav of ours, Jam Craw, see if he can get hot.

Influential vets:

Nuggets: Millsap, Wilson Chandler, Devin Harris

Wolves: Jimmy Butler, Taj Gibson, Jamal Crawford

In most head to head matchups, KAT has played Jokic very well.

I’m watching this one for sure!
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#2898 » by Spud2nique » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:39 pm

kg01 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
kg01 wrote:

:lol: A couple years later, I ended up working construction with my dad’s friend....ya the same guy...I just couldn’t look at him the same and it was obvious I’m sure...

Sorry about that weird story folks...I digress...

AYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEE (Sap just got hacked somewhere)..
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,492

Post#2899 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:49 pm

Tweet of the Day:

Read on Twitter
jayu70
RealGM

Post#2900 » by jayu70 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:37 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:Tweet of the Day:

Read on Twitter

Anything with a Seinfeld gif is 'Tweet of the Day' :lol:

Return to Atlanta Hawks