ImageImage

Around The League News And Rumors (Non-Hawks)

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Re: Around The League News And Rumors (Non-Hawks) 

Post#3821 » by MaceCase » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:31 pm

kg01 wrote:Can somebody describe precisely what happened to Caris Levert's leg?

I saw comments suggesting it was a knee and an ankle and it was worse than Hayward's injury but I don't want to actually look at the clip.

Not sure if it was worse but I was watching the game and he jumped and landed and his ankle inverted in a way ankles aren’t really supposed to invert. Looked like a lower tibia/fibula fracture.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Post#3822 » by kg01 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:44 pm

MaceCase wrote:

I saw comments suggesting it was a knee and an ankle and it was worse than Hayward's injury but I don't want to actually look at the clip.

Not sure if it was worse but I was watching the game and he jumped and landed and his ankle inverted in a way ankles aren’t really supposed to invert. Looked like a lower tibia/fibula fracture.

Dang, apparently it was one of those injuries that looked far worse than they actually were. Either that or Levert is a cyborg. I'm leaning cyborg after reading this ...

http://www.nba.com/article/2018/11/12/nets-guard-levert-suffers-serious-leg-injury

“Fortunately, tests performed this morning revealed that there are no fractures and only moderate ligament damage,” said Dr. O’Malley. “While the optics of this injury may have appeared to be more severe, surgery will not be required. Caris will begin a period of rehabilitation with the Nets’ performance staff, following which he is expected to return to full strength and resume all basketball activities without any limitations this season.

ETA: Maybe you should've consulted with KB before making your diagnosis, btw.
king01 :king:
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,470

Post#3823 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:11 pm

Read on Twitter
MaceCase
General Manager

Post#3824 » by MaceCase » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:29 pm

kg01 wrote:
MaceCase wrote:

Dang, apparently it was one of those injuries that looked far worse than they actually were. Either that or Levert is a cyborg. I'm leaning cyborg after reading this ...

http://www.nba.com/article/2018/11/12/nets-guard-levert-suffers-serious-leg-injury

“Fortunately, tests performed this morning revealed that there are no fractures and only moderate ligament damage,” said Dr. O’Malley. “While the optics of this injury may have appeared to be more severe, surgery will not be required. Caris will begin a period of rehabilitation with the Nets’ performance staff, following which he is expected to return to full strength and resume all basketball activities without any limitations this season.

KB is still awaiting his own copy of the MRI results before he believes any of that hogwash.

Come to think of it, he didn't hit into a stanchion like PG or had contact like Hayward. He just jumped up and came down so a dislocation makes sense. Those glasses of milk and prenatal vitamins he took after his last 1,000 injuries helped him this time.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
kg01
General Manager

Post#3825 » by kg01 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:14 pm

MaceCase wrote:
kg01 wrote:
MaceCase wrote:Not sure if it was worse but I was watching the game and he jumped and landed and his ankle inverted in a way ankles aren’t really supposed to invert. Looked like a lower tibia/fibula fracture.

KB is still awaiting his own copy of the MRI results before he believes any of that hogwash.

Come to think of it, he didn't hit into a stanchion like PG or had contact like Hayward. He just jumped up and came down so a dislocation makes sense. Those glasses of milk and prenatal vitamins he took after his last 1,000 injuries helped him this time.

Also interesting to note there was one man physically in the building for the Paul George break, the Hayward injury and now the Levert injury.

That man?

Rose, Derrick

#WarlockRose
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#3826 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:51 pm

Trouble in paradise...

Is GSW more likely to trade Green next summer?

Does this increase likelihood Durant leaves in Free Agency otherwise?

Will any of this matter as that team steamrolls their way to a 3rd straight title?

Read on Twitter

With Draymond Green suspended, Warriors still prevail over Hawks

After providing terse answers to repeated questions about teammate Draymond Green, Kevin Durant asked a room packed with reporters Tuesday night whether anyone wanted to talk about the game. A day after he got into a heated on-court exchange with Durant, Green was suspended for one game for what Golden State called conduct detrimental to the team.

With five months until the playoffs, the Warriors are facing the type of turmoil capable of derailing their pursuit of a third straight NBA title.

“I know there are people that think we’re a perfect place,” general manager Bob Myers said. “We’re not. We do our best just like everyone else. I think it’s what we do after these things occur that separates the good organizations. … How you handle things after they happen is the most important thing.”

After Green dribbled upcourt and lost control of the ball to end regulation Monday against the Clippers, Durant was upset that Green didn’t find him for a possible game-winning shot. TV cameras caught Green and Durant yelling at each other on the bench during the ensuing huddle.

Green challenged Durant about his impending free agency and repeatedly called him a b***h, according to a league source.

But after hours of deliberation about Green’s behavior, Kerr and Myers agreed to ban him for Tuesday’s game. It was Green’s first suspension since he sat out Game 5 of the 2016 NBA Finals, and it was Golden State’s first team-sanctioned suspension in the Kerr era.
MSN.com
kg01
General Manager

Post#3827 » by kg01 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:25 pm

On the sMelo thing, why is no one willing to connect the dots between he and Bzdelik?

So sMelo signs with HOU then, suddenly, Bzdelik needs to emergency-retire. Then, Bzdelik returns ... oh but now sMelo is suddenly out of the lineup and oops now he's off the team.

Every time I hear someone bring it up it's like, "Meh must be a coincidence."

Well, sMelo basically got the dude fired in DEN so is it not pretty clear the guy doesn't want to be around sMelo?

I'm not a sMelo fan but what's being done to him in HOU smells to me. He's not the problem there. Well, on the list of problems there, he's towards the bottom but he's the fall guy? I'm also not buying Bzdelik is the magic elixir either.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#3828 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:37 pm

The Kevin Durant–Draymond Green Argument Represents the Warriors’ Darkest Timeline for this Summer

While the team could quickly move past Monday night’s blow-up, it’d do best to remember that KD is a free agent this offseason

The last team expected to argue about passing the damn ball is Golden State. Passing the damn ball is what it does best—no other team turns more of its passes into assists.

“Just pass the damn ball,” Durant said to Green in the huddle before OT. It’s something I imagine head coach Steve Kerr says often, though not with nearly as much firepower. Durant and Green had to be separated by teammates before taking the court together for the final clip. According to a report from The Athletic, Green then “challenged” KD about his upcoming free agency during the argument.

This isn’t the first public confrontation between the two.

That Durant flipped the script this time and yelled in frustration at Green is worth reading into simply because everything related to Durant is worth reading into at this moment. The 30-year-old can become an unrestricted free agent again next summer, hasn’t confirmed he’ll be returning to the Bay Area, and is on every New Yorker’s vision board after being repeatedly linked to the Knicks.

Green is the only Warrior KD could argue with. Green is the most ignitable. ESPN reported Tuesday that the exchange continued in the locker room, with other Warriors teammates also confronting Green, describing it as “one of the most intense” moments this iteration of the Warriors has had. Even if this is something the team quickly moves past, Green confronting Durant about his upcoming free agency during a game will look terrible in hindsight if the latter leaves this summer.

This latest flare-up puts Green’s role with the Warriors into focus: He could be the player who ends the dynasty prematurely—or keeps it going. He’s reportedly eyeing a supermax when his contract is up in 2020, which Green would be eligible for if he is voted MVP or Defensive Player of the Year, or makes one of the three All-NBA teams next season. It would be the most lucrative contract in NBA history, and Green would be 30.
The Ringer

Just a reminder, I'm on the clock for a major prediction this upcoming summer --

Spoiler:
Jamaaliver wrote:Bold prediction time:

I don't think the GSW Warriors are gonna last very long with Durant added to that core.

I predict Draymond Green and/or Klay Thompson will be on their way out of town within 3 years.

...I can't see any scenario where Steph, Durant, Klay and Draymond will all still be on that same team come August 2019. #PredictionsList
-- Aug 2016
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#3829 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:21 pm

kg01 wrote:On the sMelo thing, why is no one willing to connect the dots between he and Bzdelik?

So sMelo signs with HOU then, suddenly, Bzdelik needs to emergency-retire. Then, Bzdelik returns ... oh but now sMelo is suddenly out of the lineup and oops now he's off the team.

Well, sMelo basically got the dude fired in DEN so is it not pretty clear the guy doesn't want to be around sMelo?

Now THAT is some top notch tea leaf reading. :clap:

I'd completely forgotten Melo and Bzdelik were in DEN together.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,917

Post#3830 » by jayu70 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:37 pm

kg01 wrote:On the sMelo thing, why is no one willing to connect the dots between he and Bzdelik?

I'm not a sMelo fan but what's being done to him in HOU smells to me. He's not the problem there. Well, on the list of problems there, he's towards the bottom but he's the fall guy? I'm also not buying Bzdelik is the magic elixir either.

Every now and then the CageyOne hits one out of the ballpark. I never made the Melo/Bzdelik connect.

Good call.
kg01
General Manager

Post#3831 » by kg01 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:43 pm

Eh, gotta read between my ... *ahem* ... "friendly" barbs to pick out the relevant stuff. :wink:

Once I saw Bzdelik's mysterious exit, I figured it was sMelo-related. Now the equally mysterious return .. then the sMelo exit?

C'mon 'Antoni. At least lie to the people.

Why is no one saying anything about this?
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#3832 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:34 pm

Dwight may have found a home and a grateful fanbase.

He simply needed to find the most dysfunctional locker room in the league -- and it's been a perfect fit, apparently.

Read on Twitter
macd-gm
Starter
And1: 2,515

Post#3833 » by macd-gm » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:52 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:Dwight may have found a home and a grateful fanbase.

He simply needed to find the most dysfunctional locker room in the league -- and it's been a perfect fit, apparently.

Read on Twitter

Don't be fooled. All this is is proof that the Wiz frontcourt has sucked for like a decade and was the primary reason they always were terrible in the playoffs. Dwight is dwight but even in his current state he's better than Gortat, Markieff, Mahimini. Remember Nene and Etan Thomas. The wiz have an affinity for overrated bigs. Dwight was good for us too at the beginning.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#3834 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:50 pm

Shout out to Wes Wilcox's agent. He may never sit in the big chair again as GM, but he's still managing to get enough work to pay the bills.

Read on Twitter
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,917

Post#3835 » by jayu70 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:17 pm

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#3836 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:59 pm

LeBron James: Cavaliers’ trading of Kyrie Irving was ‘beginning of the end for everything’

When then-coach Tyronn Lue, also in California at the time, found out what was about to happen, he drove out to see James and put him on the phone with Cavs general manager Koby Altman.

James was adamant on the call — do not trade Kyrie Irving, especially to the Celtics. By the end of the call, according to four separate accounts of people present for the conversation, Altman told James the trade would not occur.

Minutes later, on Aug. 22, 2017, word broke that the Cavs agreed in principle to send Irving to Boston for Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic and Brooklyn’s 2018 first-round pick.

James’ close friend, Randy Mims, and bodyguard Rob Brown came to him with their phones to show him the news. James, who was still signing jerseys, dropped the pen and slumped in his chair.

“Everyone knows that when Kyrie got traded it was the beginning of the end for everything. It’s not a secret,” James said in an interview with The Athletic.

James suggested he didn’t feel he was lied to by Altman, so much as Altman was overruled by owner Dan Gilbert. Nearly everything after that was a struggle — the team’s new acquisitions never jelled and were eventually traded for other players who also sometimes wrestled to fit in.
The Athletic
MaceCase
General Manager

Post#3837 » by MaceCase » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:00 pm

To paraphrase Bomani Jones: "Everyone praises Kyrie Irving for getting out early when that's what it was before LeBron decided to return to Cleveland."
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#3838 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:10 pm

Read on Twitter
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#3839 » by HMFFL » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:08 pm

Washington has made John Wall and Bradley Beal available.

Sent from my SM-N920P using RealGM mobile app
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#3840 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:17 pm

Beal is a fantastic young player.

I've give up anything outside of Trae and our 2019 pick to acquire him.

That's the Harden-esque young player Travis was trying to prepare to acquire. But this appears to be too soon.

Return to Atlanta Hawks