ImageImage

Around The League News And Rumors (Non-Hawks)

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

macd-gm
Starter
And1: 2,515

Re: Around The League News And Rumors (Non-Hawks) 

Post#3841 » by macd-gm » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:48 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:Beal is a fantastic young player.

I've give up anything outside of Trae and our 2019 pick to acquire him.

That's the Harden-esque young player Travis was trying to prepare to acquire. But this appears to be too soon.

Definitely think we should try. Not sure what we have that the wiz want but they are stuck trying to build around Wall. I wouldn't give up Trae or collins though.
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Post#3842 » by kg01 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:03 pm

That's the Harden-esque young player Travis was trying to prepare to acquire. But this appears to be too soon.

This is the move/target I've been touting for the last 2 years so I'm glad the 'Zards have finally come to their senses and put the 'for sale' sign out.

I doubt we'll have the best package but, if they want picks, we've got 'em for days. Plus a 2G who could actually keep them in win-now mode. Don't laugh, he's a good culture guy and productive. We can take back salary too (I think, don't quote me on that).
king01 :king:
macd-gm
Starter
And1: 2,515

Post#3843 » by macd-gm » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:19 pm

kg01 wrote:

This is the move/target I've been touting for the last 2 years so I'm glad the 'Zards have finally come to their senses and put the 'for sale' sign out.

I doubt we'll have the best package but, if they want picks, we've got 'em for days. Plus a 2G who could actually keep them in win-now mode. Don't laugh, he's a good culture guy and productive. We can take back salary too (I think, don't quote me on that).

It might not be realistic but Baze/Dedmon/Bembry/Plumlee and a 1st for Beal / Mahmini

It gives the Wiz some actual players and the swap of bad contracts saves them about 3 million a year. If they wanted Prince I'd be ok with that but I doubt they do because he's just going to have to get paid soon. They may want Huerter or Spellman though.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,930

Post#3844 » by jayu70 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:31 pm

MaceCase wrote:To paraphrase Bomani Jones: "Everyone praises Kyrie Irving for getting out early when that's what it was before LeBron decided to return to Cleveland."

I haven't read the entire article posted, but did it include the snippet about the Cavs asking LeBron to commit long term as part of the decision to not make the trade? Saw a snipoet of that somewhere.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,930

Post#3845 » by jayu70 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:14 am

I'm loving the Selts struggle so far this season.
Kemba just took their soul.
Read on Twitter

Hornets should trade for Beal.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

Post#3846 » by HMFFL » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:43 am

jayu70 wrote:I'm loving the Selts struggle so far this season.
Kemba just took their soul.
Read on Twitter

Hornets should trade for Beal.
I hope he stays with Charlotte.
MJ needs to provide him with some actual talent.

Sent from my SM-N920P using RealGM mobile app
kg01
General Manager

Post#3847 » by kg01 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:23 pm

So apparently Adam Sliver was in DET last night and there are rumblings they're scouting giving them an all-star game. R U Fkng kidding me, Adam?

You do realize we just put $200mil into renovating our arena!? And we can't get a sniff?!

cLEAVEland gets an asg based off renovations that haven't even started yet but we can't get an asg in Atlanta?!?

Really, Adam?!?!

Please accept these kind greetings, Sliver ...
Spoiler:
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#3848 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:23 pm

A testament to good coaching:

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#3849 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:42 pm

I am conflicted on this.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#3850 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:20 pm

WTH?

Read on Twitter
kg01
General Manager

Post#3851 » by kg01 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:28 pm

Super weird. 2 things:

1. Per some folks on the GB, the "attorney" is actually his agent so it's not like he consulted some outside guy and came to this conclusion. He and his agent made this decision which apparently blindsided the organization, based on Brand and Brown's statements.

2. I hadn't been aware, but there was apparently a pretty strong rumor that Fultz had some sort of "bike" accident (not sure if it was motorcycle or BMX bike considering he was actually a big BMX rider - yeah, weird) which allegedly led to the shoulder injury and potential nerve damage. These developments, imho, could be a way to avoid having his contract voided due to violating the provisions prohibited him from engaging in potentially dangerous acts such as bike riding.

That's just a limb I'm going out on based on the rumor. I haven't seen anyone report that.
MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#3852 » by MaceCase » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:49 pm

kg01 wrote:Super weird. 2 things:

1. Per some folks on the GB, the "attorney" is actually his agent so it's not like he consulted some outside guy and came to this conclusion. He and his agent made this decision which apparently blindsided the organization, based on Brand and Brown's statements.

2. I hadn't been aware, but there was apparently a pretty strong rumor that Fultz had some sort of "bike" accident (not sure if it was motorcycle or BMX bike considering he was actually a big BMX rider - yeah, weird) which allegedly led to the shoulder injury and potential nerve damage. These developments, imho, could be a way to avoid having his contract voided due to violating the provisions prohibited him from engaging in potentially dangerous acts such as bike riding.

That's just a limb I'm going out on based on the rumor. I haven't seen anyone report that.

Hmm....... so your job went from setting you up in lonely conference rooms in Gastonia to lonely cabins in the woods? You've been slinging conspiracy theories left and right lately, kenny g. Hope all is alright...

*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
kg01
General Manager

Post#3853 » by kg01 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:20 pm

MaceCase wrote:
kg01 wrote:Super weird. 2 things:

Hmm....... so your job went from setting you up in lonely conference rooms in Gastonia to lonely cabins in the woods? You've been slinging conspiracy theories left and right lately, kenny g. Hope all is alright...

... red ... rum ... BIL?
kg01
General Manager

Post#3854 » by kg01 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:07 pm

Some interesting news out there about Mr. Dwight Howard lately, huh? :)
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#3855 » by Spud2nique » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:50 pm

kg01 wrote:Some interesting news out there about Mr. Dwight Howard lately, huh? :)

I told my gf no jokes! I’m pc now!
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#3856 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:42 pm

Doc Rivers in LA doing a great impression of Doc Rivers back in Orlando. He might have usurped Bud's kung fu grip on 'Coach of the Year' Honors.

Read on Twitter
kg01
General Manager

Post#3857 » by kg01 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:47 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
kg01 wrote:Some interesting news out there about Mr. Dwight Howard lately, huh? :)

That's good. She's making you a better man ... of course, if you're anything like Dwight, she might actually be a m .... ah, nevermind. I'll leave it alone too. :)
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#3858 » by Spud2nique » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:23 pm

kg01 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:

That's good. She's making you a better man ... of course, if you're anything like Dwight, she might actually be a m .... ah, nevermind. I'll leave it alone too. :)

{insert gif of hick saying what the ffffffcck}

:roll:
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#3859 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:43 pm

Read on Twitter
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

Post#3860 » by HMFFL » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:14 pm

Beal says he wants to stay in DC.
Might be a push so John Wall doesn't feel like he's the only one going to be moved and the actual plan is for Veal to stay.
I would keep Beam longterm and move John Walls co tract off the books, acquire some value, and move on from Wall.

Sent from my SM-N920P using RealGM mobile app

Return to Atlanta Hawks