ImageImage

Around The League News And Rumors (Non-Hawks)

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Re: Around The League News And Rumors (Non-Hawks) 

Post#4921 » by Spud2nique » Fri May 24, 2019 3:06 pm

Hazer wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:Any chance this spurs Klay to leave GSW and find a team where he can be the man?

Read on Twitter

Hope so. Accompanied with a big fresh chip on his shoulder.

Klay can’t shoulder the load by himself. He’s not that kind of a player. He needs like 2 or 3 main guys ahead of him. He does what he does in spurts during the game.

Hope he leaves the Scrubs but I don’t want him on the Hawks with a fat contract. Hell no he’s got a ton of miles on him too. He’s about to break down hard.
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,629

Post#4922 » by kg01 » Fri May 24, 2019 3:13 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
Hazer wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:Any chance this spurs Klay to leave GSW and find a team where he can be the man?

Read on Twitter

Hope so. Accompanied with a big fresh chip on his shoulder.

Klay can’t shoulder the load by himself. He’s not that kind of a player. He needs like 2 or 3 main guys ahead of him. He does what he does in spurts during the game.

Hope he leaves the Scrubs but I don’t want him on the Hawks with a fat contract. Hell no he’s got a ton of miles on him too. He’s about to break down hard.

Yeah that's why I don't get it when folks go all gaga over stuff like him scoring 60 on 9 dribbles. Uh, he can do that because of the team he's on.

If he were on the HorCats, and the defense realized they don't have to guard at least 3 of the other dudes on the floor, see what he'd accomplish in 9 dribbles.

Good player but let's not go Klazy. 8-)
king01 :king:
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,470

Post#4923 » by Jamaaliver » Fri May 24, 2019 3:30 pm

kg01 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:Klay can’t shoulder the load by himself. He’s not that kind of a player. He needs like 2 or 3 main guys ahead of him. He does what he does in spurts during the game.

Yeah that's why I don't get it when folks go all gaga over stuff like him scoring 60 on 9 dribbles. Uh, he can do that because of the team he's on.

If he were on the HorCats, and the defense realized they don't have to guard at least 3 of the other dudes on the floor, see what he'd accomplish in 9 dribbles.

IDK ABOUT ALL THAT. put HIM ON A TEAM WITH A STRONG INSIDE SCORER AND A POINT GUARD CAPABLE OF HITTING HIM IN HIS SPOTS...I THINK HE'S GOT A FEW MORE ALL NBA SEASONS IN HIM.

(And it just so happens we have each of those things.)

NOTE: If Steph Curry had spent his career in Charlotte...he'd basically just be Kemba Walker.
Hazer
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,127

Post#4924 » by Hazer » Fri May 24, 2019 3:30 pm

kg01 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
Hazer wrote:Hope so. Accompanied with a big fresh chip on his shoulder.

Klay would do just fine with Trae, Huerter, and Collins
Hazerbeamidge :guitar:
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#4925 » by Spud2nique » Fri May 24, 2019 3:37 pm

Hazer wrote:
kg01 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:

Fine. Of course. 200 million contract.. no thanks. He can sell his used goods elsewhere.
kg01
General Manager

Post#4926 » by kg01 » Fri May 24, 2019 3:40 pm

Hazer wrote:
kg01 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:

But here's the problem, we'd have to pay him such a high % of our cap that it'd put a ceiling on our team. You pay a guy a max because he can carry your team. That's not the type of player he is. He's an ultimate roleplayer.

You don't max that guy unless you're the A$G-era Hawks and are ok with being playoff fodder. I was under the impression we'd set our sights higher.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#4927 » by Spud2nique » Fri May 24, 2019 3:50 pm

kg01 wrote:
Hazer wrote:
kg01 wrote:

But here's the problem, we'd have to pay him such a high % of our cap that it'd put a ceiling on our team. You pay a guy a max because he can carry your team. That's not the type of player he is. He's an ultimate roleplayer.

You don't max that guy unless you're the A$G-era Hawks and are ok with being playoff fodder. I was under the impression we'd set our sights higher.

My above post says the same thing. Does your and 1 button not work? Oh....ohhhh I see.
kg01
General Manager

Post#4928 » by kg01 » Fri May 24, 2019 4:03 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
kg01 wrote:
Hazer wrote:Klay would do just fine with Trae, Huerter, and Collins

My above post says the same thing. Does your and 1 button not work? Oh....ohhhh I see.

Haha, maybe I have you on ignore. Wait, who'm I talking to? :)
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,917

Post#4929 » by jayu70 » Fri May 24, 2019 5:42 pm

kg01 wrote:
Hazer wrote:
kg01 wrote:

:nod: you add that type of guy when you have laid a stable foundation and are ready to compete for a Champion, not compete for a playoff spot.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#4930 » by Spud2nique » Fri May 24, 2019 6:42 pm

jayu70 wrote:
kg01 wrote:

:nod: you add that type of guy when you have laid a stable foundation and are ready to compete for a Champion, not compete for a playoff spot.

Even then he’s a punchface devil.
Hazer
Pro Prospect

Post#4931 » by Hazer » Fri May 24, 2019 6:59 pm

jayu70 wrote:
kg01 wrote:

Hold my beer: by "fine" I mean that, with ascending Trae/Huerter/Collins by his side, now would be perfect time for Klay to graduate from 3rd option sidekick and lead the Hawks toward top of the East. I feel like he has the skill to do so, especially in Hawks' system. Be the bait to attract that "Superstar" needed to pair with him/Trae/Huerter/Collins to get into Finals conversation every year. The Kawhi/KD/Harden MVP types ain't coming here without a Klay/Butler/PG type already here for them to team up with. Trae/Collins will be very attractive to those types, but are still 2-3 years away from having that sort of "gravitas" themselves. You get Klay in here, and in 2-3 years Trae/Klay/Collins will be our the Steph/Klay/Green who attracted KD. You're gonna have to spend max money sooner than later to be in a position to attract that 2nd max contract that puts you over the top. Before you can no longer afford 2 maxes from having the expiring/extended rookie contracts.
Hazer
Pro Prospect

Post#4932 » by Hazer » Fri May 24, 2019 7:00 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
kg01 wrote:

Even then he’s a punchface devil.

On that, I concur :box:
lethalweapon3
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,181
Location: State Farm Arena, Moving The Ball From Side To Side

Post#4933 » by lethalweapon3 » Sun May 26, 2019 1:30 pm

Pour a little out for my dreams of a Bud versus Stotts NBA Finals!

~lw3
"Dunking is better than sex." - Shawn Kemp, 1996
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#4934 » by Spud2nique » Sun May 26, 2019 3:58 pm

lethalweapon3 wrote:Pour a little out for my dreams of a Bud versus Stotts NBA Finals!

~lw3

I love my orange flavored mio water lw3, but anything for you! :wink:
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,917

Post#4935 » by jayu70 » Tue May 28, 2019 5:03 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#4936 » by Spud2nique » Tue May 28, 2019 5:06 pm

jayu70 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Oh maaaan. This kid can’t catch a break. :nonono:

I’ve never even heard of drop foot. I hope we see him play one day because he has a smooth game. Get well MPJ!
macd-gm
Starter
And1: 2,515

Post#4937 » by macd-gm » Tue May 28, 2019 5:54 pm

My only knowledge of drop foot is it being caused by nerve damage and often difficult to recover 100% from. But there's probably 1000 degrees of it i guess. I can't imagine how you'd play basketball with it, brace or not.
lethalweapon3
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,181
Location: State Farm Arena, Moving The Ball From Side To Side

Post#4938 » by lethalweapon3 » Wed May 29, 2019 3:30 pm

Moreyball starts early!

Read on Twitter

~lw3
"Dunking is better than sex." - Shawn Kemp, 1996
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,470

Post#4939 » by Jamaaliver » Wed May 29, 2019 4:43 pm

lethalweapon3 wrote:Moreyball starts early!

Off the top of my head:

CP3 to Minnesota for Wiggins.

T Wolves get a proven, vet PG to lead their charge. Rockets get young swingman in need of a fresh start.

CP3 to Celtics for Gordon Hayward (and change?)

Celtics get a proven, vet PG to lead their charge alongside Tatum and Jaylen. Rockets get young(er) swing man in need of a fresh start.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#4940 » by Spud2nique » Wed May 29, 2019 5:15 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
lethalweapon3 wrote:Moreyball starts early!

Off the top of my head:

CP3 to Minnesota for Wiggins.

T Wolves get a proven, vet PG to lead their charge. Rockets get young swingman in need of a fresh start.

CP3 to Celtics for Gordon Hayward (and change?)

Celtics get a proven, vet PG to lead their charge alongside Tatum and Jaylen. Rockets get young(er) swing man in need of a fresh start.

Interesting first scenario because Mitchell Wiggins used to play for the Rockets when I was an H town resident. That being said, I think Wolves get better with this deal and Rockets don’t.

Second scenario has Alice teaming up with Cp3 in beantown. I don’t mind this because it really screws up Boston short period and long. Also, Ainge has always been hard for Cp3. Rockets would be doing really well to come away with Tatum or Brown in this scenario.

I’d say trade Cp3 to Lakers for a combination of Ball, Kuzma and Ingram. That would be the Lakers would probably have to make the finals in order for this to be considered a success. Also a third team would need to get involved to match the salaries.

Return to Atlanta Hawks