ImageImage

Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread (Part 1)

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

dtown8
Senior
And1: 1

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#601 » by dtown8 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:31 am

Years80HAWKS wrote:So, the Nuggets have anmestyied Andersen and have signed Randolph for only 3 millions a year. If we met with him already like three weeks ago, why we did not sign him? The price seems to be ok. Did we expect him to tell us he was prepared to be our back-up 5, or that he was going to behave good all year long...?

Well, the Clippers are thinking about signing Milicic as their back-up for Jordan (and that will end up being the other way around) and only Blatche remains now as a decent big man to offer some phisical quality in the middle for us.

Come, FO, we need some inside help. For sure. We cannot play the whole season with Petro, Horford, Zaza and Benson...

Denver offered 3 years, and that is too much. i like Randolph but would only want to offer one year, maybe two year, so the Nuggets just had the better offer.

a three year contact for a guy who is unproven is just way too risky for Ferry to take.
Years80HAWKS
Junior
And1: 42

Post#602 » by Years80HAWKS » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:41 pm

May be Randolph for three years is out of the question. I also think that he would have agreed to play here for a couple of years, because in DEnver they already have Faried, Koufos, Mozgov, McGee, Gallinari... he is not going to play much...

Well, in Ferry we trust, but the bag of big men is being emptied by the moment and I see there will be only one option to go to: DH.
LongLiveIverson
Junior
And1: 0

Post#603 » by LongLiveIverson » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:44 am

Would you guys be interested in Josh Smith for Evan Turner, Nikola Vucevic and Thad Young?
myrak433
Sixth Man
And1: 229

Post#604 » by myrak433 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:28 am

LongLiveIverson wrote:Would you guys be interested in Josh Smith for Evan Turner, Nikola Vucevic and Thad Young?

no
December of 2019 “Trae Young Involved in 'Emotional' Locker Room Scene After Hawks Loss. Atlanta Hawks star Trae Young is unsurprisingly getting tired of the team's struggles.”

Get Trae some HELP!!!!
fuzzy1
Senior
And1: 293

Post#605 » by fuzzy1 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:37 am

This trade is if we miss out on Howard and we intend to miss the playoffs.

ATL/MIL/WASH/PHIL:

Atl receives Udrih, Singleton, T. Harris, rights to Satoransky, and a pick from Washington

Mil receives Nene

Wash receives Josh Smith and D. Wright

And Phil receives Udoh

Basically, this ensures the other Eastern teams make the playoffs ahead of us, and we slip into a pretty high lottery pick.
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,495

Post#606 » by dms269 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:14 pm

fuzzy1 wrote:This trade is if we miss out on Howard and we intend to miss the playoffs.

ATL/MIL/WASH/PHIL:

Atl receives Udrih, Singleton, T. Harris, rights to Satoransky, and a pick from Washington

Mil receives Nene

And Phil receives Udoh

Basically, this ensures the other Eastern teams make the playoffs ahead of us, and we slip into a pretty high lottery pick.

Why would we dump Josh Smith for this? We aren't getting back anything that is that good.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
Rip2137
Analyst
And1: 228

Post#607 » by Rip2137 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:54 pm

Years80HAWKS wrote:Well, the Clippers are thinking about signing Milicic as their back-up for Jordan (and that will end up being the other way around)

No....just no.

Also, I find it odd you didn't say "Just sign Chris Andersen"
Years80HAWKS
Junior

Post#608 » by Years80HAWKS » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:05 pm

I am about to say "sign anybody over 6-10" son we are not having again the same problems than the previous years.
It is not happening, but just imagine we have a problem with Josh or, even worse, Horford again... them, what? Zaza full time center? Benson and Petro behind? We can not even imagine getting into the second round with that kind of interior presences...
fuzzy1
Senior
And1: 293

Post#609 » by fuzzy1 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:08 pm

uga_dawgs24 wrote:
fuzzy1 wrote:This trade is if we miss out on Howard and we intend to miss the playoffs.

ATL/MIL/WASH/PHIL:

Mil receives Nene

And Phil receives Udoh

Why would we dump Josh Smith for this? We aren't getting back anything that is that good.

I agree it's not sexy, but both Harris and Singleton could be serviceable, I really dig Satoransky as a point guard(though I seem to be the only one), the Washington pick is another asset.

The main idea of this trade is that EVERY single one of the other teams in this trade is in the East and gets a little bit better than us. After this trade, we'll be fighting Cleveland, Toronto, Detroit, Orlando and Charlotte for worst record.

Basically, I think it locks us into a top 7 pick. Add a top 7 pick (Zeller, Noel, Adams, Mohammed, Mcadoo) to Horford and a ton of cap space next summer and we could be looking really good really soon. Not to mention all of the expiring contracts we'd still have to make a deal at the deadline.
Years80HAWKS
Junior

Post#610 » by Years80HAWKS » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:58 pm

So, now that Howard is going to the Lakers in another surrealistic trade, are we finally going to do any transaction, so we get a center, or are we waiting to wait until next year, when we will have some salary cap?
Jajwanda
General Manager
And1: 105

Post#611 » by Jajwanda » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:13 pm

Devin Ebanks: Atlanta showed interest in him as a FA. With Korver as SG/SF, Atlanta could use a lanky off the ball SF. The Lakers on the other hand have a somewhat larger guy like him in Earl Clark and would probably have more use for a SG/SF like Martell Webster in FA.

Any ideas for a low-level trade that could benefit both teams.
Liverbird
Senior
And1: 12

Post#612 » by Liverbird » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:02 am

How does Atlanta feel about Devin Harris?

Any interest in a Okafor/AJ Price for Harris/Pachulia trade? One additional year in salary but an upgrade in your interior defense and rebounding. May leave the backup PG position a little thin however.
You'll Never Walk Alone
dtown8
Senior

Post#613 » by dtown8 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:11 am

Jajwanda wrote:Devin Ebanks: Atlanta showed interest in him as a FA. With Korver as SG/SF, Atlanta could use a lanky off the ball SF. The Lakers on the other hand have a somewhat larger guy like him in Earl Clark and would probably have more use for a SG/SF like Martell Webster in FA.

Any ideas for a low-level trade that could benefit both teams.

no thanks, Hawks already have their 'off the ball' backup SF in Korver, you just answered your own question

Ferry seems to be already set in the roster.
dtown8
Senior

Post#614 » by dtown8 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:16 am

Liverbird wrote:How does Atlanta feel about Devin Harris?

Any interest in a Okafor/AJ Price for Harris/Pachulia trade? One additional year in salary but an upgrade in your interior defense and rebounding. May leave the backup PG position a little thin however.

any team can have Harris for a protected first round pick, but besides that, it is pointless to trade away Harris for another contract.

Ferry wants to use Harris to back up Teague, and then use Harris' expiring contract to get a free agent in 2013.
myrak433
Sixth Man
And1: 229

Post#615 » by myrak433 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:40 am

dtown8 wrote:
Liverbird wrote:How does Atlanta feel about Devin Harris?

any team can have Harris for a protected first round pick, but besides that, it is pointless to trade away Harris for another contract.

Ferry wants to use Harris to back up Teague, and then use Harris' expiring contract to get a free agent in 2013.

I feel that Harris will get more playing time than you think. Teague may very well be the starter but I believe that Harris will out play him and the offense will run better with him on the court. time will tell. but I could see a trade deadline trade sending Harris or Teague out, who ever playes the best will stay. unless Harris can play SG
December of 2019 “Trae Young Involved in 'Emotional' Locker Room Scene After Hawks Loss. Atlanta Hawks star Trae Young is unsurprisingly getting tired of the team's struggles.”

Get Trae some HELP!!!!
Rip2137
Analyst
And1: 228

Post#616 » by Rip2137 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:54 pm

I don't know what makes you think that. AT BEST they played to a draw with Teague having a smaller role on this team. Teague definately out played him defensively.

Harris is going to have to play the 2.
SlobbaN
Banned User
And1: 459

Post#617 » by SlobbaN » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:06 am

Hi guys, Mavs fan here. What would like in return for Pachulia? We've got Vince, Dominique Jones and Roddy, I think some other pieces might be available too.
ATLHawksfan21
Starter
And1: 491

Post#618 » by ATLHawksfan21 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:46 pm

SlobbaN wrote:Hi guys, Mavs fan here. What would like in return for Pachulia? We've got Vince, Dominique Jones and Roddy, I think some other pieces might be available too.

We are set at PG and SG. We are thin at SF and C. So there is no way that we are going to trade a C for a PG and SG.
dtown8
Senior

Post#619 » by dtown8 » Fri Oct 5, 2012 5:31 pm

SlobbaN wrote:Hi guys, Mavs fan here. What would like in return for Pachulia? We've got Vince, Dominique Jones and Roddy, I think some other pieces might be available too.

Zaza has more value for the Hawks with this expiring contract than any prospects the Mavs have, but if you want a back up center, you could probably get Petro for cash or a 2nd round pick. Petro seems okay, but i would rather give the 12th spot to Keith Benson.
NeZoRiL
Junior
And1: 39

Post#620 » by NeZoRiL » Fri Oct 5, 2012 10:08 pm

Can Vince play SF?

Return to Atlanta Hawks