Good and Bad.... Extra harder year for Atlanta

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

Geaux_Hawks
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Re: Good and Bad.... Extra harder year for Atlanta 

Post#21 » by Geaux_Hawks » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:01 pm

ATL Boy wrote:
Rip2137 wrote:Yeah, that Up Up Heyward outfield looks scary. I actually like Johnson at 3rd too. We were going to lose Prado anyway, even if I really liked the guy, LOVE the trade.

Indeed the Braves just made themselves serious contenders, especially if Beachy fully recovers from Tommy John

I always forget we have Beachy. Our rotation is freaking stacked with pitchers, even after trading Hanson, Delgado, and Viz & cutting JJ. Minor, Medlen, Huddy, Teheran, Graham, Beachy, Maholm, & Gilmartin is just ridiculous with our current lineup.
Geaux_Hawks
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Post#22 » by Geaux_Hawks » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:34 pm

ATL Boy wrote:If your looking for a Wilkfork type guy then look no further than John Jenkins in the first round, an absolute mountain of a 350 pound man who moves the line of scrimmage at will. He's projected to go in the vicinity of our first round pick, maybe we can trade up to get him but I wouldn't commit myself that much to him as there are plenty of other first round options such as Eifert or Ertz to fill our TE need, Eddie Lacey the best RB in the draft, or a DE like Sam Montgomery. I'd be delighted nonetheless if we did get Jenkins However

If you are going to start with someone, then yeah, Jenkins could be your man in the middle. I would prefer someone more slimmer and agile, but Jenkins wouldn't be a bad start. I would probably go with Barret Jones because of his versatility on the OL or move up for Damontre Moore. Reed Jordan out of Florida would probably be a better value in the 3rd or maybe 2nd for us at the TE spot.
tcorbin
Pro Prospect
And1: 92

Post#23 » by tcorbin » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:43 am

i saw one mock draft had Jarvis Jones falling out of the top five and going to the mid to late first round. that would be great for the Falcons if that happen. i could see TD trading up a few stops or to the mid first round to grab a guy like Jones.

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill.php#overreactionmock

i'm okay with John Jenkins, but i would much rather have Chance Warmack or Fluker if they are still on the boards.

Dion Jordan is all over the mock drafts, some have him at top 10, other have him in the late first round going the Falcons. he is a Michael Johnson clone, 6'5 WR converted into a DE/OLB

Tyler Eifert and Zach Ertz are the big names when it comes to tight ends, but the more i study the draft and look at game tapes, the more i like Joseph Fauria. he is a touchdown machine in college and that usually translate well into the pros. he reminds me alot of Rob Gronkowski, not super fast, but a big target who know how to get separation with Steve Largent type of hands who can catch anything that is thrown to his area. Fauria is projected to go in the 5th round, but i think he would be a steal for the Falcons if he was selected in the 3rd round.

Return to Atlanta Hawks