Hawks Trade Scenarios For Jeff Teague

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

PandaKidd
Analyst
And1: 636

Re: Hawks Trade Scenarios For Jeff Teague 

Post#361 » by PandaKidd » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:12 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:
PandaKidd wrote:Bazemore is GONE. BOOK IT. Hes going to get 10-13 million and I dont think the Hawks are going to go that route. The cap is increasing, but they have BIG BIG BIG contracts to sign coming up. Lets look:
Horford this year
Millsap the following year
Teague the following year

Thabo/Korver are coming up IIRC as well.

DS will demand a trade , theres no way he plays behind Teague. Ill almost bet if DS doesnt get the starting job by NEXT year, he will demand a trade. You can say you want 2 great PGs all you want, but that NEVER works out. See: Reggie Jackson, Bledsoe, DJ Augistin etc. They NEVER stick around, they go be the starter somewhere else.

So, I agree wholeheartedly that Bazemore is gone. Hes undersized, they need another SF and I didnt believe he was the SF of the future for this team. I think they may be seeing if THJ can take over the 2 guard spot eventually. if not hes a decent bench piece.

They should do everything in their power to resign Humphries and try and dump splitter IMO. Splitter is ALWAYS injured.

The problem is that core starts to look REALLY REALLY old with Millsap/Korver/Horford/Teague will be 28. You also have a plethora of bigs now if you can keep Humph.

So I would like to see:
Trade/Cut Muscala
Trade/Release Patterson
Trade Teague
Trade SPlitter

resign Humphries, bring over Tavares to play the Muscala role (limited minutes on the bench).

make a run at Harrison Barnes, do whatever it takes within reason to get him.

Bigs would be:
Humph,Tavares,Horford,Millsap,filler

Guards would be DS/ Filler/ THJ/Korver/Thabo/Barnes (realistically you could probably let one of Thabo/Korver go in trade if you got barnes).

anyways long way of saying theres a lot of expendable pieces on this team and Muscala/Patterson are the top 2 on my list. Then I would trade Teague because if you max out AH you need to get younger talent because your window is about 2 years with 2 30+ year old big men.

Spurs gave Danny Green 10 million per. Hawks giving Baz 9-10 million per is fair, I would go as high as 12 million. If somebody offers him more than 12 million, then ya, i agree that the Hawks should just look to Hardaway as the future SG. but to think that Baz is going to get offered more than 12 million per is just way way too delusional at this point.

SPURS are exceptions to the rule.
MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#362 » by MaceCase » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:02 pm

PandaKidd wrote:
ATLHawksfan21 wrote:
atlantabbq99 wrote:

Spurs gave Danny Green 10 million per. Hawks giving Baz 9-10 million per is fair, I would go as high as 12 million. If somebody offers him more than 12 million, then ya, i agree that the Hawks should just look to Hardaway as the future SG. but to think that Baz is going to get offered more than 12 million per is just way way too delusional at this point.

Mace knows the cap way more than I do but IIRC i think his MAX is 12/13 million. I think hell get that. Theres going to be a lot of teams who could use his services. Baze isnt going to take a paycut, why would he? Hes a nobody on anyone elses team. This is his chance to cash in. NO ONE knew him before he came to the Hawks.

I would argue at 10 million you are overpaying him because hes NOT a true SF. You cant max AH, pay 12 million to bazemore , and go all in with the same team (unless the scenario i posted above happens).

I would like to get a more talent at the wings, and I would start with Barnes and then go maybe Batum

A 30 year old DMC got 15 million and you think 12 million for Baze is delusional? Add a large increase in the cap which will give almost every team plenty of cap space and it's almost guaranteed that Baze gets $12 million or more per year.

Well Baze's max is actually well above ~12 million, it's the same as any other player with 0-6 years experience which is 25% of the cap...

So ~12 million is closer to a mid tier salary which, yea, is definitely more than attainable for Baze.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
xccelerate
Junior
And1: 95

Post#363 » by xccelerate » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:07 pm

We should make a big push for Nicolas Batum for SF instead.
simon24
Rookie
And1: 199

Post#364 » by simon24 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:08 pm

xccelerate wrote:
PandaKidd wrote:
simon24 wrote:I can't see Teague being traded. Dennis more likely.

If they traded DS I would throw in the towel on this entire FO and organization. That wouod be the dumbest move they ever did.

You dont trade young budding talent under contract and stick with your aging veteran that can walk for free at the end of the year.

DS is going to want to get the max. Teague is going to want want north of $15m or whatever Dennis wants. Millsap is going to opt out and re-up. Korver's going to leave a blank hole at SG and lord knows what THJ will want. I think both will be traded for cheap long term talent.

True. Dennis will definitely get the max. I could see a team like PHI or DAL offering the max (Dirk could pass the torch to him like he did overseas). Yeah Teague definitely deserves 15+ mil when you got players like Reggie Jackson getting it despite not making an All-Star team. Yeah I could see Millsap reupping. Hardaway probably could command 15 mil a year if he keeps his play up.
simon24
Rookie
And1: 199

Post#365 » by simon24 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:13 pm

xccelerate wrote:We should make a big push for Nicolas Batum for SF instead.

Batum would be perfect in ATL but he's going to command the max 20+ mil. He seems to like it in CHA, especially his comments about how big it was for CHA to give Clifford an extension since he gave him a featured role unlike his team with the Blazers.

CHA got a younger core too and MKG coming back.
Geaux_Hawks
Lead Assistant
And1: 974

Post#366 » by Geaux_Hawks » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:16 am

Batum would be nice, but that depends on if we still have our team in place.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,469

Post#367 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:05 pm

Kings plan to dismiss George Karl on Thursday

The Kings will be working from a list that will include Vinny Del Negro, Boston Celtics assistant Jay Larranaga, ex-Cleveland Cavaliers coach David Blatt, Atlanta Hawks assistant Kenny Atkinson and former Phoenix Suns coach Jeff Hornacek, sources said.
Here

I don't think it's too far of a reach to believe Jeff Teague or Dennis Schroder could be good fits for that team should Assistant Coach Atkinson get the nod.

Keep SAC-Town in play this summer as a potential trade partner.

I can't see our Front Office making the same decision to keep both for another year. That'd be foolhardy, right?
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,375

Post#368 » by King Ken » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:04 am

I don't think anyone on this forum realizes how costly all free agents will be this offseason. Bazemore will get a much bigger offer than you think.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#369 » by HMFFL » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:08 am

Jamaaliver wrote:Kings plan to dismiss George Karl on Thursday

The Kings will be working from a list that will include Vinny Del Negro, Boston Celtics assistant Jay Larranaga, ex-Cleveland Cavaliers coach David Blatt, Atlanta Hawks assistant Kenny Atkinson and former Phoenix Suns coach Jeff Hornacek, sources said.
Here

I don't think it's too far of a reach to believe Jeff Teague or Dennis Schroder could be good fits for that team should Assistant Coach Atkinson get the nod.

Keep SAC-Town in play this summer as a potential trade partner.

I can't see our Front Office making the same decision to keep both for another year. That'd be foolhardy, right?

Valid point.
The Kings have tried to acquire Jeff Teague during the past. I realize things are different now but that connect has forever stayed embedded in my brain.

I do not believe all of those coaches are A list caliber.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#370 » by atlantabbq99 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:34 am

Kings also coveted Dennis in the past, saying that if McLemore was not on the board, they would have taken Dennis #7 in the draft.

Kings hold the 9th pick (for now, unless they move up during the lottery selection, Kings can also lose their pick if they end up with #11)

#9 seems low for Teague or Dennis, but that could change depending if they add any extras to the deal or if a player in the draft that the Hawks have been targeting falls to #9, like what happen when Kawhi fell in the draft to Indy.

Bucks might also get a top 10 draft pick, and the Bucks have also been interested in Teague or Dennis. If both the Bucks and Kings are in the top 10 in the draft, maybe the Hawks can stir up a bidding war.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#371 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:01 pm

HMFFL wrote:The Kings have tried to acquire Jeff Teague during the past. I realize things are different now but that connect has forever stayed embedded in my brain.

I forget the timing, but I recall they were looking for a permanent option at PG and were also trying to deal Isaiah Thomas (2) in trade.

I'd have loved to move Teague, getting an All Star caliber replacement at PG and a lottery pick from a desperate Sacramento front office seeking stability and credibility.

Heck, even moving Teague to SAC last summer could have netted us some top young talent from the draft (most noteworthy - Justise Winslow).
PandaKidd
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#372 » by PandaKidd » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:47 pm

I would pack teagues bags for the #9 pick, drive him to the airport
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#373 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:16 am