Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Re: Lettuce Discuss Motiejunas 

Post#41 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:07 pm

jayu70 wrote:Will he be cheap though?

Don't know the answer to the latter two questions, but regarding his cost:

The Brooklyn Nets have signed restricted free-agent forward Donatas Motiejunas, as expected, to a four-year offer sheet potentially worth as much as $37 million, according to league sources.
Here

I can't imaging he'd be terribly more expensive than that.

If we could clear the space...I'd go as high as $12+ million per year without batting an eyelash.
MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#42 » by MaceCase » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:09 pm

The Nets had cap to burn and an incentive to keep Houston from matching....and yet they didn't even go that high. They also protected themselves thoroughly throughout that contract because of that ho hum back.

He's not likely to see that kind of money from any team, his best bet is the vet-min but he'll prefer a team he'll be guaranteed lots of playing time on to convince GMs that two failed physicals weren't anything to worry about.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#43 » by jayu70 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:25 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
jayu70 wrote:Will he be cheap though?

Don't know the answer to the latter two questions, but regarding his cost:

The Brooklyn Nets have signed restricted free-agent forward Donatas Motiejunas, as expected, to a four-year offer sheet potentially worth as much as $37 million, according to league sources.
Here

I can't imaging he'd be terribly more expensive than that.

If we could clear the space...I'd go as high as $12+ million per year without batting an eyelash.

Like Mace said - will a team with capspace take a chance and offer at least that.
The Hawks don't have space to sign him now except a vet. min. deal or some exception. He will need to prove he is healthy enough to get a long term deal.
I'm definitely batting an eyelash signing him long term if he is not healthy.
I would dump Splitter and give him a 2 year deal - this year guaranteed, next year a team option.

Return to Atlanta Hawks