ImageImage

Lettuce Discuss Motiejunas

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

PandaKidd
Analyst
And1: 636

Re: Lettuce Discuss Motiejunas 

Post#21 » by PandaKidd » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:35 pm

I never said he was an All Star and I never said he was a stud. But currently constructed, Id rather have DM over Asik. Salary wise, athleticism wise, off polish wise. etc.

Defense can be developed.

Especially in a Spurs style system.
parson
RealGM
And1: 469

Post#22 » by parson » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:26 pm

Vator wrote:Yeah, he has been very inconsistent. Has shown flashes of being a good rotation player and then looks like a complete scrub. He has amazing post moves and can finish with either hand with a variety of moves and shots, but the Rockets almost never post him up and try to make him a stretch 4 which he has not been successful at thus far. He is a good passer and I would say a below average rebounder for his size. He isn't good at defense either although he has made strides recently.

As I said, the guy's a Center - a soft, don't-want-to-get-hit Center. I like him but we'd have to plan on teaching him to love contact if we got him.
My mother told me, she said, "Elwood, to make it in this world you either have to be oh, so clever or oh, so pleasant." Well, for years I was clever; I recommend pleasant.
Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart, in the film "Harvey")
parson
RealGM
And1: 469

Post#23 » by parson » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:27 pm

PandaKidd wrote:I never said he was an All Star and I never said he was a stud. But currently constructed, Id rather have DM over Asik. Salary wise, athleticism wise, off polish wise. etc.

Defense can be developed.

Especially in a Spurs style system.

Asik is a lousy offensive player but a special defender - at a position where special defenders can change games. Take a flier on Motiejunas but don't pass on Asik.
My mother told me, she said, "Elwood, to make it in this world you either have to be oh, so clever or oh, so pleasant." Well, for years I was clever; I recommend pleasant.
Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart, in the film "Harvey")
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,470

Post#24 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:30 pm

Tonight in Summer League action we play against HOU. Keep an eye out for Motiejunas as a key player on the Rockets. He is playing pretty fantastic ball and is a large reason HOU has made it this far with their record. He is avg 16 ppg on 65% shooting.

In the wake of all the missed Free Agents we've pursued, this kid would be a nice consolation prize. He'd pair well with Horford. Probably wouldn't cost too much. In our system, next to our personnel. He could be a monster.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#25 » by Jamaaliver » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:28 am

PandaKidd wrote:So i was watching the Rockets/OKC game last night, and I saw this guy. I never heard of him or know anything about him...He looks really athletic, really nice touch around the basket. Saw some nice jump hooks and decent footwork.

Word is he wants to leave, the Rockets must be stocked with 7footers who dont play and want a trade.

Being a Euro, 7Ft, should we take a look at him? I liked what I Saw from him much more than I ever saw out of Asik.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donatas_Motiej%C5%ABnas

Yeah. Montie looked damn good today in Summer League. Dropping 19/13 on 60% shooting. I can't imagine he won't get PT this year playing next to Dwight some.

But if HOU is willing to shop him, I think he'd be a worthy pickup. (top 10 protected) draft pick for him?
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,071

Post#26 » by Hawk Eye » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:59 am

Jamaaliver wrote:
PandaKidd wrote:So i was watching the Rockets/OKC game last night, and I saw this guy. I never heard of him or know anything about him...He looks really athletic, really nice touch around the basket. Saw some nice jump hooks and decent footwork.

Word is he wants to leave, the Rockets must be stocked with 7footers who dont play and want a trade.

Being a Euro, 7Ft, should we take a look at him? I liked what I Saw from him much more than I ever saw out of Asik.

Yeah. Montie looked damn good today in Summer League. Dropping 19/13 on 60% shooting. I can't imagine he won't get PT this year playing next to Dwight some.

But if HOU is willing to shop him, I think he'd be a worthy pickup. (top 10 protected) draft pick for him?

What about Mike Scott for Montie? Is that too much, too little, or just right?
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#27 » by PandaKidd » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:45 pm

Prestonmott wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

What about Mike Scott for Montie? Is that too much, too little, or just right?

In my mind its right. But they may not think so
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#28 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:22 pm

Read on Twitter

I'd love to have a run at D Mot...
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#29 » by PandaKidd » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:59 pm

Ive been saying it for like 2 years. I love his game. Not sure he fits now, with this current team.
azuresou1
Head Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#30 » by azuresou1 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:09 pm

Weren't any of you guys here for the Ruhiel Horford-for-Motiejunas-Jordan-Hill-Thabeet saga?
MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#31 » by MaceCase » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:27 pm

azuresou1 wrote:Weren't any of you guys here for the Ruhiel Horford-for-Motiejunas-Jordan-Hill-Thabeet saga?

You forgot Jon Leuer, that was the catalyst that brought it all together along with Marvin at the 2.

I'd honestly much rather move Al for a combination of Motiejunas, Jones, and Brewer/Ariza than Howard though. Not that Kamla had any shred of credibility.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#32 » by PandaKidd » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:41 pm

Ive always liked Ariza and Jones , at this point i would be shocked if they traded Horford. Just goes against everything theyve told us the team is about.

Rockets cant be thinking too far into the future as they went to the WCF last year. I would not be surprised if they dealt howard but i just dont see them blowing it all up yet.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#33 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:08 pm

PandaKidd wrote:Ive been saying it for like 2 years. I love his game. Not sure he fits now, with this current team.

Yeppers. That's why I bumped THIS thread instead of starting a new one. NOTE: Nothing I've seen since Feb of this year makes me believe THIS version of our team must be kept. We need more talent.

azuresou1 wrote:Weren't any of you guys here for the Ruhiel Horford-for-Motiejunas-Jordan-Hill-Thabeet saga?

Dear God yes...OY.

PandaKidd wrote:Rockets cant be thinking too far into the future as they went to the WCF last year. I would not be surprised if they dealt howard but i just dont see them blowing it all up yet.

*True. But their rebuild will likely be a much easier beast to manage as they have a top 10 player barely into his prime. If they retool tomorrow and acquire players that actually complement their star and get a coach who has even the slightest idea what he's doing....they could be contending again as soon as 2017.

Motiejunas seems like a nice rotation piece at least. Next to strong defenders at SF & center...he could really blossom into something special.
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#34 » by PandaKidd » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:08 pm

Supposedly they initially reported they REALLY like Capella or whoever is D12s backup. That they think he could be the next Center to start for them SHOULD D12 move on.

Harden, hes having a weird year, but does anyone else get the sense that maybe hes NOT the one to build around? Like maybe Houston feels that hes NOT the one?

Firing Mchale made no sense to me. Its almost like they punted this ENTIRE year after 10 games in?
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#35 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:21 pm

PandaKidd wrote:Firing Mchale made no sense to me. Its almost like they punted this ENTIRE year after 10 games in?

Yeah...that's a move you make early in the season...ONLY if you were considering it much earlier.

I assume that surprising playoff run to the Conf Finals made it difficult to dump him in the summer as initially planned. But this early in the season seems pointless as well.

PandaKidd wrote:Harden, hes having a weird year, but does anyone else get the sense that maybe hes NOT the one to build around? Like maybe Houston feels that hes NOT the one?

For HOU...yeah. I have had that thought for a while. But with a strong Front Office and good veteran coach...I still see him as a franchise cornerstone.

He needs some discipline though, no doubt.

But Harden in Indy under Larry Bird and Vogel.

Or Harden in MIA under Pat Riley and Spoelstra. I think he can be properly motivated depending on the situation.

They also need a better offensive system. Closer to what GS runs.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#36 » by ATL Boy » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:28 am

I saw Jon Leuer in the Suns game the other night, immediately thought of Ruhiel. That dude was crazy for Leuer.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,288

Post#37 » by Jstock12 » Mon Jan 4, 2016 4:43 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf_FTE-4CIM[/youtube]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugMbrkuSvvs[/youtube]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6VD1n2KqdU[/youtube]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwYXF2vkiPY[/youtube]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgUvN9a-seQ[/youtube]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlDNIDfSpMw[/youtube]
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,917

Post#38 » by jayu70 » Mon Jan 4, 2016 5:17 pm

Rockets power forward Donatas Motiejunas went back to Houston for further evaluations on his back and will miss Monday’s game at Utah. Motiejunas, who underwent back surgery last April, missed Saturday’s game at San Antonio with back soreness. – via ESPN.com
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#39 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:51 pm

Read on Twitter

Any thoughts on taking a run at Motiejunas?

I really like his game, think he could help space the floor for D12 and/or Dennis.

Plus...he seems like an easy, cheap addition.

Any chance we could move a piece to open up a roster spot and cap space for this kid?
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,917

Post#40 » by jayu70 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:15 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Read on Twitter

Any thoughts on taking a run at Motiejunas?

I really like his game, think he could help space the floor for D12 and/or Dennis.

Plus...he seems like an easy, cheap addition.

Any chance we could move a piece to open up a roster spot and cap space for this kid?

Will he be cheap though?
Will any other team with capspace sign him or does he really have back issues?
He can help the Hawks provided he can actually get on the court.

Return to Atlanta Hawks