ImageImage

HAWKS SELECT ADREIAN PAYNE - UPDATE: Payne dead at age 31

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

ATLHawksfan21
Starter
And1: 491

Re: ATLANTA HAWKS SELECT ADREIAN PAYNE!!! 

Post#121 » by ATLHawksfan21 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:52 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:Thanks for the love guys. It's good to know that evn though we bump heads, we're still all actual Hawks Fans. No ill will or hard feelings.

What's funny, I was cooking dinner last night, about to create a thread saying I could get onboard with a frontcourt of Payne and Bebe in a few years when the trade was announced. I spent all weekend trying to come to terms with Ferry's last few draftees.

When I logged in to post, the Bebe trade was announced. Floored me.

I honestly have no idea what is coming...

Not sure if that's good or bad.

Just be patient bud. I think we will all be satisified once free agency is complete. When's the last time this board has been this active in a single day? If anything, Ferry certainly has the fan base anxious to see what his next move will be.
ATLHawksfan21
Starter

Post#122 » by ATLHawksfan21 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:53 pm

PandaKidd wrote:look how active this forum has been in the last few weeks/months. Thats a good sign. Im a noob to this board (barely a year and a half here) and in the end like I always say we are on the same team.

Personally Its never fun if everyone blindly follows everyone and never shares a differing opinion. It is what makes sports , in general, great.

I have a feeling we will have a little more clarity this time tomorrow or later this week as I see Ferry moving swiftly

I hope this is the case because I'm going to lose a year or two off of my lifespan if this takes 3-4 weeks.
PandaKidd
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#123 » by PandaKidd » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:39 pm

SBM wrote:
PandaKidd wrote:
SBM wrote:A bunch of teenagers labeling someone a troll because they are so blind they can't see. Ferry has not made a 1st rd pick that has worked out yet. Ferry has not brought any A level talent to this team yet.

Im 33, so, no Im not a teenager.

SEcond, Im a season ticket holder, have been for years, so I have a vested interest in the team. Do you? Not saying you have to have tickets to voice an opinion, but dont label people who disagree with you as teenagers or idiots.

Lastly, I dont think that is an accurate statement. First round draft picks dont always pan out, thats the game. How many 1st rounders last year EVEN played more than 15 minutes a game? MCW? OLADIPO?

Our 1st round pick last year in Schroeder wasnt ready to play, he sat out or played minor minutes. Thats what most rookies do not named Lebron or Carmelo. Bebe was too raw, we left overseas.

Jenkins needed Back surgery, so did Sullinger for Boston, and most people dont think Sully was a bust. lets give Jenkins a healthy season and see what happens.

Even that said, blowing 1 draft pick in Jenkins who he did 3 days worth of research on..........doesnt define Ferry. Neither does Schroeder or Bebe (2 guys in a TERRIBLE draft where there was ZERO talent available).

There are causes for concerns, but lets not shout the ship is sinking yet.

Also, for clarification, I NEVER CALLED ANYONE A TROLL, I said "Are you TROLLING" there is a difference. I dont resort to name calling, we are all adults here (usually). Trolling means are you arguing to argue, are you jumping to conclusions when you know you shouldnt be.

Trolling does not mean anything close to what you stated. It is simply an ignorant overused term to describe someone you don't agree with. The true meaning of trolling can be found if you look it up.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/subcultures/trolling

I am not a troll and I am not trolling. I simply state my opinions which usually differ from you guys who choose to lie and exaggerate to make yourselves feel better

Really:
Trolling is an Internet slang term used to describe any Internet user behavior that is meant to intentionally anger or frustrate someone else

Thats kind of arguing to argue.

Regardless, why are you so hostile? No one has called you any names, and you have brought ZERO constructive assets to the board recently. All you do is attack people and call people names.

I dont think anyone here is "lieing"
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#124 » by PandaKidd » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:40 pm

ATLHawksfan21 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:Thanks for the love guys. It's good to know that evn though we bump heads, we're still all actual Hawks Fans. No ill will or hard feelings.

What's funny, I was cooking dinner last night, about to create a thread saying I could get onboard with a frontcourt of Payne and Bebe in a few years when the trade was announced. I spent all weekend trying to come to terms with Ferry's last few draftees.

Just be patient bud. I think we will all be satisified once free agency is complete. When's the last time this board has been this active in a single day? If anything, Ferry certainly has the fan base anxious to see what his next move will be.

and to be fair , I think you and I will both be pretty upset if we give Deng 15 million over 3 or 4 years and that was Ferrys big move. I think we would come hat in hand to Jamaal and say "crap man , wtf happened"

I just feel like Ferry isnt that dumb. He doesnt overpay for ANYONE.
ATLHawksfan21
Starter

Post#125 » by ATLHawksfan21 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:54 pm

PandaKidd wrote:
ATLHawksfan21 wrote:

and to be fair , I think you and I will both be pretty upset if we give Deng 15 million over 3 or 4 years and that was Ferrys big move. I think we would come hat in hand to Jamaal and say "crap man , wtf happened"

I just feel like Ferry isnt that dumb. He doesnt overpay for ANYONE.

I would be irate and in a end of the world posting bonanza like Jamaal is, but that decision would be worthy of the outrage.

I'm not even worried about that happening in the slightest since I still have supreme confidence and trust in my man Ferry.
SBM
Bench Warmer
And1: 236

Post#126 » by SBM » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:27 pm

PandaKidd wrote:
SBM wrote:
PandaKidd wrote:Im 33, so, no Im not a teenager.

SEcond, Im a season ticket holder, have been for years, so I have a vested interest in the team. Do you? Not saying you have to have tickets to voice an opinion, but dont label people who disagree with you as teenagers or idiots.

Lastly, I dont think that is an accurate statement. First round draft picks dont always pan out, thats the game. How many 1st rounders last year EVEN played more than 15 minutes a game? MCW? OLADIPO?

Our 1st round pick last year in Schroeder wasnt ready to play, he sat out or played minor minutes. Thats what most rookies do not named Lebron or Carmelo. Bebe was too raw, we left overseas.

Jenkins needed Back surgery, so did Sullinger for Boston, and most people dont think Sully was a bust. lets give Jenkins a healthy season and see what happens.

Even that said, blowing 1 draft pick in Jenkins who he did 3 days worth of research on..........doesnt define Ferry. Neither does Schroeder or Bebe (2 guys in a TERRIBLE draft where there was ZERO talent available).

There are causes for concerns, but lets not shout the ship is sinking yet.

Also, for clarification, I NEVER CALLED ANYONE A TROLL, I said "Are you TROLLING" there is a difference. I dont resort to name calling, we are all adults here (usually). Trolling means are you arguing to argue, are you jumping to conclusions when you know you shouldnt be.

Trolling does not mean anything close to what you stated. It is simply an ignorant overused term to describe someone you don't agree with. The true meaning of trolling can be found if you look it up.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/subcultures/trolling

I am not a troll and I am not trolling. I simply state my opinions which usually differ from you guys who choose to lie and exaggerate to make yourselves feel better

Really:
Trolling is an Internet slang term used to describe any Internet user behavior that is meant to intentionally anger or frustrate someone else

Thats kind of arguing to argue.

Regardless, why are you so hostile? No one has called you any names, and you have brought ZERO constructive assets to the board recently. All you do is attack people and call people names.

I dont think anyone here is "lieing"

It is your opinion that I have not brought anything positive to the board. I think the same of you and who have I attacked? If you are blind it is up to people that can see to show you the way.
theatlfan
Analyst
And1: 190

Post#127 » by theatlfan » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:27 pm

ATLHawksfan21 wrote:Old or not, going from a frontcourt of Shaq, Varejao, Jamison to the scrubs they ended up playing is a huge difference. West and Mo Williams were also their best guards. The team was completely different from one year to the next and half of the players were involved in trades during the year. It's an unfair comparison.
Not sure if we're saying the same thing or not. Ferry filled the roster around Lebron with (mostly) has-beens and never-will-bes then when he lost his lynch pin, everything came tumbling down and left the organization almost completely bereft of fungible talent when Lebron left to the tune of a nearly historically bad season...
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#128 » by PandaKidd » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:30 pm

SBM wrote:
It is your opinion that I have not brought anything positive to the board. I think the same of you and who have I attacked? If you are blind it is up to people that can see to show you the way.

I cant think of 1 positive post ive seen from you. at all.

I dont think calling people teenagers, idiots, and BLIND because they dont share your viewpoint is constructive.

you sound like a typical keyboard commando, likes to lash out at people on a forum because you have self esteem issues. So be it.
ATLHawksfan21
Starter

Post#129 » by ATLHawksfan21 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:47 pm

theatlfan wrote:
ATLHawksfan21 wrote:Old or not, going from a frontcourt of Shaq, Varejao, Jamison to the scrubs they ended up playing is a huge difference. West and Mo Williams were also their best guards. The team was completely different from one year to the next and half of the players were involved in trades during the year. It's an unfair comparison.
Not sure if we're saying the same thing or not. Ferry filled the roster around Lebron with (mostly) has-beens and never-will-bes then when he lost his lynch pin, everything came tumbling down and left the organization almost completely bereft of fungible talent when Lebron left to the tune of a nearly historically bad season...

I'm just saying that the team that was around Lebron during his last season in cleveland would have won more than 19 games the next season if they kept the roster in tact. It really doesn't matter though. I'm just ready to see what Danny has cooking for us in free agency.
Baller2014
Banned User
And1: 519

Post#130 » by Baller2014 » Tue Jul 1, 2014 1:52 am

theatlfan wrote:Thanks for the list. There are some issues with our team in terms of debt and I don't know how Forbes breaks it out. The same group that owns the Hawks owns the Arena we play in as well. Sometimes I've seen these combined; sometimes I've seen them separated. In years past, I think Forbes separated it. It makes a big difference on the overall numbers though. For one, the Hawks carry all the debt - the city itself doesn't allow debt on the arena. 2nd, last I checked, the arena didn't actually make $$. This was before the sale of the hockey team though and one of the reasons for selling that team was to make the arena profitable.

I trust the Forbes numbers more than the numbers in the NBA's latest memo (discussed on the wiretap). Forbes at least does an independent look. The NBA profits seem too small this year, and I imagine Forbes numbers will be higher. That said, the TV deal should fix all this, so long term the Hawks will be on very sure footing. They're not right now though.

Having said that, the problem with this is that there is heavy competition in ATL for the entertainment $$. I am sure the same is true in Texas, but you have to understand how compressed things are here. We have recently successful NFL and MLB franchises inside ATL; we have the ACC BB and SEC FB. 6 different SEC schools, FSU's, and Clemson's FB stadium make up 8 of the 40 or so largest sports venues in the world and are within a 5 hour drive of Atlanta which is a little longer than the travel time from Dallas to San Antonio. Further, LSU isn't too much further and within a stone's throw of arguably the coolest city in the US. More and more cities in proximity to ATL are getting professional franchises as well - CHAR (NBA/NFL), ORL (NBA), TB (MLB) - that slowly eats away at our fan base. We haven't even discussed things like Spring Training or minor league BB nor non-sporting event. The fact is that you just can't expect to make a big profit here by churning out teams that would be fringe playoff teams in the West - just not going to happen. You either need to think big or get out because you won't make $$ here trying to take the middle road... not with a sports team at least.

Well, how about the team keeps trying to improve from within (while making the playoffs) for a few more years, while they become solvent, and if that doesn't work out in 2-3 years... then sure, tank away to try and become a contender.

As I noted above, I have no problem with the direction and no problem with where we are at now. But if the plan is simply to compete for the "best of the rest" title, then yeah, Ferry will have failed here.

How will Ferry have failed, if that's ownerships' mandate?

It will be a *very* rare case that a new GM will ever walk in behind a successful GM - otherwise the last guy would still have the job. Sure, Paxson might be worse than many (I would put up a couple of our GMs during my lifetime for contention in the worst NBA GM of all time), but the fact is that most every GM walks into a bad situation and having Lebron meant that Ferry's situation wasn't as bad as you make it seem. I can't think of any GM that wouldn't prefer to walk into a situation with established stars and have to deal with supporting them than walking into a tear down/rebuild situation. All he needed to do was cobble together a semi-decent supporting case - just one that could stay afloat in case Lebron went down - and 19 Ws says that, after 5 years, he was nowhere close.

Paxson was arguably the worst GM in NBA history. He blew every non-Lebron lotto pick he had, and he refused to even agree to tank to get Lebron until after the Cavs conducted an illegal workout with their players and saw Lebron was the best player on the court (the Cavs had "coincidentally" been at a practice arena Lebron was at, so they played some "pick-up games"). He lost pretty much every trade he made, and left the team directionless. Even a fan on a message board pulling names out of a hat could have done better than Paxson. Here are some of his lotto picks:
Diop- 8th pick
Wagner- 6th pick
L.Jackson- 10th pick
Langdon- 11th pick
Mihm- 7th pick
Notice, he didn't just pick badly on these 5 lotto pick... every, single one of these picks was a complete bust. Every a clown throwing darts should luck into better players than this. He did get Andre Miller, but (after botching trade talks and getting outmanoeuvred by the Clippers... THE CLIPPERS!) he moved him for Darius Miles... who he wanted to play point guard. No, I am deadly serious. Paxson's plan was for Darius Miles to be a big point guard, like Magic Johnson. Other Paxson moves including letting Boozer out of his contract and watching him walk, trading a future lotto pick for Sasha Pavolovic, trading another first rounder for Jiri Welsch, moving young D.Anderson for Lamond Murray, and then dumping Lamond for a player who was most famous for being named Yogi. He dumped a young Matt Harpring for nothing. The guys just had no clue what he was doing.

When Ferry arrived in 2005 he walked into this mess. Ownership needed Lebron to sign an extension in 2 years time, a real worry given the team's play to date, ownership was about to let Z-Ill walk, and the remaining best players on the team were Drew Gooden, Robert Traylor, Jeff McInnis, Ira Newble, Sasha Pavlovic, Lucious Harris and old man Eric Snow. That's unspeakably bad. The team had no picks, weren't allowed to tank, and everyone turned them down in free agency. When Ferry signed the best FA he could get, Hughes, the guy got hurt almost immediately (his other pick up, Donyell Marshall, was a nice one). Ferry worked hard to turn the team around with the zero assets he had, and the team improved substantially from the collection of D-League players I named above to a solid-ish cast of role players such as Mo Williams, Delonte West, Anthony Parker, Joe Smith, Jamison, Wally World, etc. Not the best, but they were NBA players. He tried desperate moves, like trading for Shaq and Ben Wallace, and under his watch Varejao developed well (and he refused to trade him). The team correspondingly improved, from a 42 win team to a 50 win team, and then to the best record in the NBA 2 years running. Sure, Lebron was carrying these guys, but at least Ferry gave him something to carry.

What else could Ferry have done? He had no picks, no ability to tank, no free agents would sign there, and he had no assets to trade with. He made the best of an awful situation.

I think the Cavs were always going to suck in 2011, I saw it coming, and they sucked before any injuries/tank trades happened. However if they'd been healthy and trying all season I think they'd have been closer to a 25-30 win team post Lebron. I doubt the garbage Ferry was left with could have won 15 games on their own.
theatlfan
Analyst

Post#131 » by theatlfan » Tue Jul 1, 2014 3:29 am

Baller2014 wrote:Well, how about the team keeps trying to improve from within (while making the playoffs) for a few more years, while they become solvent, and if that doesn't work out in 2-3 years... then sure, tank away to try and become a contender.

Maybe you're not understanding where we are as a team. It appears that you're thinking that we've been a fringe team that is finally making the playoffs as a flawed team so we can start attracting fans - we're not, nowhere close. We've made the playoff for something like 8 straight years; I think this may even be the longest current streak in all the NBA. If making the playoffs is the standard for the amount of $$, then the ownership has more than enough track record to base their numbers off of, and it's still in the red. If the team is looking to create a slush fund, then treading water and continuing to lose $$ is a terrible plan. You'd think that being in the red while being mostly a 2nd round out for nearly a decade would be enough to prove that this just isn't enough.

Baller2014 wrote:How will Ferry have failed, if that's ownerships' mandate?

In his interview with our ownership, Ferry's stated goals were to "rebuild in place" and eventually "compete for championship". This was his sales pitch to our ownership to become our GM. I won't say it was Ferry's plan since I think our owners were very receptive to the thought and were perhaps looking for someone to say just that, but nonetheless, this is what Ferry sold the organization that was the job that he was the man for. So, to answer the question, Ferry will have failed to enact that plan that he himself set the expectation on.

Baller2014 wrote:I think the Cavs were always going to suck in 2011, I saw it coming, and they sucked before any injuries/tank trades happened. However if they'd been healthy and trying all season I think they'd have been closer to a 25-30 win team post Lebron. I doubt the garbage Ferry was left with could have won 15 games on their own.
Not really sure why we're debating this so much... even with this - the man had 5 years to turn a supporting cast from a 15 W team into a team that wouldn't fold without Lebron... and he left them with a 25-30 W team. Even if we accept your estimations (after debating it with the other poster, I don't care enough to discuss it anymore but they seem fair on the surface), he left a team after 5 years as one of the 10 worst teams in the NBA. Sorry, this simply doesn't get the job done - in a P/F world, this fails. I really don't know how this could be viewed any other way. If he couldn't have done any better and he was going to fail no matter what, then he shouldn't have taken the job in the 1st place and his failure was not recognizing that... but that is still a failure.

Again, I don't want to gripe on this too much. I don't care about what he did before he was here and I actually like his overall moves going into this year's draft. The only issue for me is that he does have to take some risks to enact the plan he sold us on. From the draft, I wasn't convinced he was someone that was the man for the job. If he is planning on making a run at Deng or some other bargain in FA, then I still won't be convinced. Hopefully he is prepping the cell phone right now to make some midnight calls to completely change my mind about his current course.
Baller2014
Banned User

Post#132 » by Baller2014 » Tue Jul 1, 2014 3:41 am

theatlfan wrote:Maybe you're not understanding where we are as a team. It appears that you're thinking that we've been a fringe team that is finally making the playoffs as a flawed team so we can start attracting fans - we're not, nowhere close. We've made the playoff for something like 8 straight years; I think this may even be the longest current streak in all the NBA. If making the playoffs is the standard for the amount of $$, then the ownership has more than enough track record to base their numbers off of, and it's still in the red. If the team is looking to create a slush fund, then treading water and continuing to lose $$ is a terrible plan. You'd think that being in the red while being mostly a 2nd round out for nearly a decade would be enough to prove that this just isn't enough.

I think I've just spent a large amount of time demonstrating the reverse thanks.

If the team keeps making the playoffs and drawing approximately the same number of fans, but spends $10 mill or more less per year, they're suddenly profitable. The TV deal only helps that more. I did go into some detail about this you know.

In his interview with our ownership, Ferry's stated goals were to "rebuild in place" and eventually "compete for championship". This was his sales pitch to our ownership to become our GM. I won't say it was Ferry's plan since I think our owners were very receptive to the thought and were perhaps looking for someone to say just that, but nonetheless, this is what Ferry sold the organization that was the job that he was the man for. So, to answer the question, Ferry will have failed to enact that plan that he himself set the expectation on.

Link or BS. Let's also remember, what the team says in public is very different to what they say in private. That said, I haven't seen anywhere that the Hawks or Ferry intended to blow it up and tank, or even a hint of that. Quite the reverse.

Not really sure why we're debating this so much... even with this - the man had 5 years to turn a supporting cast from a 15 W team into a team that wouldn't fold without Lebron... and he left them with a 25-30 W team. Even if we accept your estimations (after debating it with the other poster, I don't care enough to discuss it anymore but they seem fair on the surface), he left a team after 5 years as one of the 10 worst teams in the NBA. Sorry, this simply doesn't get the job done - in a P/F world, this fails. I really don't know how this could be viewed any other way. If he couldn't have done any better and he was going to fail no matter what, then he shouldn't have taken the job in the 1st place and his failure was not recognizing that... but that is still a failure.

Again, I don't want to gripe on this too much. I don't care about what he did before he was here and I actually like his overall moves going into this year's draft. The only issue for me is that he does have to take some risks to enact the plan he sold us on. From the draft, I wasn't convinced he was someone that was the man for the job. If he is planning on making a run at Deng or some other bargain in FA, then I still won't be convinced. Hopefully he is prepping the cell phone right now to make some midnight calls to completely change my mind about his current course.

He didn't have the ability to do more than he did. If you have alternative moves you think he should have made, please share them.
theatlfan
Analyst

Post#133 » by theatlfan » Tue Jul 1, 2014 4:48 am

Baller2014 wrote:I think I've just spent a large amount of time demonstrating the reverse thanks.

If the team keeps making the playoffs and drawing approximately the same number of fans, but spends $10 mill or more less per year, they're suddenly profitable. The TV deal only helps that more. I did go into some detail about this you know.
Except for you obviously haven't - you're welcome. I think your continuous use of assumptions about our situation that are the exact opposite what is actually happening in our numbers should prove that out... and also why your plan doesn't actually work. We can't coast for a few years and rely on eking into the playoffs to be our guidepost to profitability - this much is clear. More has to be done if for no other reason than to have a point that we actually have a core to build around when the time comes.

Link or BS. Let's also remember, what the team says in public is very different to what they say in private. That said, I haven't seen anywhere that the Hawks or Ferry intended to blow it up and tank, or even a hint of that. Quite the reverse.
?? "Replace in place" <> "Blow it up and tank". Rebuild in place means that you're going to strive to continue to win, but you're also looking to refit the current core with different players (typically younger but Ferry's approach focused more on cheaper players so far). The team with the biggest success in this model (and the team from whence the term arose) is IND as they went from the Granger led teams of the naughts to the current squad headed by George although there are smaller examples. As you can see, there is at least 1 proven model that this can lead to a team that is competing for championships without completely tanking. Now that I'm guessing we're on the same page here, I am assuming that I don't have to walk down the path of Ferry's moves and why they would match this philosophy. If you want to find a link, then the local paper here is ajc.com and you can search it with google; there were also stories on more national sites.

He didn't have the ability to do more than he did. If you have alternative moves you think he should have made, please share them.
From the way you're defending his failures there, I'll go with not take that job and found one where the situation was more conducive to success.
Baller2014
Banned User

Post#134 » by Baller2014 » Tue Jul 1, 2014 7:30 am

You need to re-read my post. So far we have 1 year under the new CBA to indicate how profitable the Hawks can be. They lost less than $4 million last year under said conditions... but as I explained, they spent $73 million last season. This year the Hawks will spend at least $10 mill less than that. So if they do exactly the same as last year "treading water" then they will make a $6 mill profit. I expect them to spend less than the full cap, and every dollar less is a dollar of further profit.

Then in a few years the new TV deal kicks in. They Hawks might be profitable even when they spend above the cap. Woo! With that in mind, if there was ever a time to try and "tread water" these next few years are it.

The Ferry stuff you're dropping, so I'm going to cease arguing it. Suffice to say, I violently disagree with the points you made (and have not backed up with evidence).
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#135 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Aug 4, 2014 5:58 pm

Cool vid featuring some top rookies in the NBA. I think Payne is the trailer who dunks it home. Which is great. Can't remember the last highly touted rookie we've had who the NBA regarded highly enough to invite to these kind of press events.

DirtybirdGA
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,863

Post#136 » by DirtybirdGA » Tue Aug 5, 2014 6:50 pm

Dennis didn't do the rookie photo shoot, guess he was overseas. If Slam has the rookies on the foldout cover next issue, I suppose he'll be on it. After the season starts that may be the last all-rookie thing we'll see Payne in since we resigned Scott. The Hawks have depth, but our future won't be getting minutes.
Where the offseason has more buzz happens.
DirtybirdGA
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,863

Post#137 » by DirtybirdGA » Tue Aug 5, 2014 6:59 pm

Where the offseason has more buzz happens.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#138 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:53 pm

The most unsettling part of the whole Adreian Payne trade...SuperiorBlogMan seems to have been right all along.

SBM wrote:Horrible pick. Average stretch 4, will not help this team much.

SBM wrote:Will not be a rotation player for this team and should not be. He will be a bust and out of the league relatively quickly

SBM wrote:Payne isn't better than Antic or Scott and may not even be better than Muscala.

SBM wrote:Payne is not better than Horford/Sap/Scott/nor Antic. There was zero reason to draft him. You do not need 6 pick and pop bigs and that is what we have

SBM wrote:This guy is a 15 minute a game guy at best unless you trade someone who is better than him just to give him playing time.

Giving credit where it's due. I have no idea if Payne can salvage his career, but it seems us drafting the kid was largely for naught. (Particularly if that draft pick ends up as a 2nd rounder in 4 years...yikes!)
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#139 » by PandaKidd » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:54 pm

Future continuity doesnt matter bro, didnt you get the memo? we need to win now
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#140 » by atlantabbq99 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:28 pm

The Wolves get Thibodeau as head coach. With Thibodeau, KAT, Wigs, and Rubio, maybe this gets the Wolves to #8 in the west next year.

Return to Atlanta Hawks