ImageImage

Hawks fans: You ready for a [revamped] arena?

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,462

Re: Hawks fans: You ready for a [revamped] arena? 

Post#101 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:50 pm

macd-gm wrote:Freakin State Farm Arena? What are we farmers. This is a major urban center. I'm disappointed in Porsche, Coke, and Delta for not stepping up. I'd be disappointed in UPS too but i don't want a brown hawks shirt.

State Farm's long time ad campaigns featuring NBA stars at least leaves the possibility of some hilarious and memorable marketing including future Hawks stars...

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#102 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:58 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
macd-gm
Starter
And1: 2,515

Post#103 » by macd-gm » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:14 pm

Everything about that sign looks wrong. I don't really care who the sponsor is but it just doesn't fit very well.
macd-gm
Starter

Post#104 » by macd-gm » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:15 pm

I guess the good part is no more of this:

Robo_Claw
Senior
And1: 639

Post#105 » by Robo_Claw » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:34 pm

macd-gm wrote:I guess the good part is no more of this:

I think the name sucks but I DONT CARE I NEVER HAVE TO SEE THAT D-BAG SHAVE A STUPID MOUSTACHE AND THEN SHAVE IT OFF ON EVERY SINGLE COMMERCIAL BREAK

praise be.
norcocredo wrote:It's called the basketball hall of fame not the life hall of fame.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,908

Post#106 » by jayu70 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:12 pm

Robo_Claw wrote:
macd-gm wrote:I guess the good part is no more of this:

I think the name sucks but I DONT CARE I NEVER HAVE TO SEE THAT D-BAG SHAVE A STUPID MOUSTACHE AND THEN SHAVE IT OFF ON EVERY SINGLE COMMERCIAL BREAK

praise be.

Who can forget the BR30 ads.. :lol: :lol:
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#107 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:02 am

Zeno wrote:
Oden2 wrote:I bet they will regret that after 10 years when 10 years of naming rights costs 1 billion

It's a pretty horrific deal getting 10 million dollars less for the same deal 20 years down the line.
By comparison, the Raptors (and more importantly Maple Leafs) just signed a deal for their buildings naming rights at 20 years, 800 million. Previous deal was 20 years, 80 million. Not sure if that's Canadian or US dollars but the increase is what's notable.

What's going on? Bad timing? This team could become good pretty soon.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,970

Post#108 » by HMFFL » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:17 am

ChokeFasncists wrote:
Zeno wrote:
Oden2 wrote:I bet they will regret that after 10 years when 10 years of naming rights costs 1 billion

It's a pretty horrific deal getting 10 million dollars less for the same deal 20 years down the line.
By comparison, the Raptors (and more importantly Maple Leafs) just signed a deal for their buildings naming rights at 20 years, 800 million. Previous deal was 20 years, 80 million. Not sure if that's Canadian or US dollars but the increase is what's notable.

What's going on? Bad timing? This team could become good pretty soon.

I must agree with Zeno.
Atlanta has only evolved and has become more expensive. The entire downtown area has been revamped to some degree and is expecting additional changes to make it bigger and better. This is a steal for State Farm.
macd-gm
Starter

Post#109 » by macd-gm » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:36 pm

Maybe there is more to the deal than just payment for naming rights. Maybe they chipped in for renovations? Or are on the hook promotions or probably a more lucrative television ad spend than what Philips did. Which both parties would probably be happy about.
macd-gm
Starter

Post#110 » by macd-gm » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:38 pm

Definitely photoshopped. Not sure why they didn't use a picture that didn't have a bunch of cars out front.
MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#111 » by MaceCase » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:12 pm

I don't think the Raptors are garnering 800 mil for their stadium naming rights, I think that is at least 80% Maple Leafs so I'm not faulting the Hawks for only sharing Phil... State Farm with the Dream.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,970

Post#112 » by HMFFL » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:08 am

MaceCase wrote:I don't think the Raptors are garnering 800 mil for their stadium naming rights, I think that is at least 80% Maple Leafs so I'm not faulting the Hawks for only sharing Phil... State Farm with the Dream.

I just worked at that arena last week.
They're doing a major renovation project backstage in all areas. Many upgrades for both teams!
The backstage area at that arena is extremely small and has weird hallways.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#113 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:51 pm

Mike Cunningham throwin' flames!!!

Another sweet deal for Hawks owner Tony Ressler

I thought the Hawks and State Farm reached an agreement on naming rights for the team’s arena. I was mistaken. What really happened is the basketball team and the insurance company reached an agreement to transform the city of Atlanta.

Seriously, that’s what they said. The subject line for the media release that arrived in my inbox blared: “STATE FARM AND ATLANTA HAWKS BASKETBALL CLUB ANNOUNCE GENERATIONAL COLLABORATION TO TRANSFORM CITY OF ATLANTA.”

They say they will accomplish this with “new community engagement programs and philanthropic initiatives.” In the release, Hawks principal owner Tony Ressler declared: “Generations will be positively impacted by the work we do throughout Georgia, and we could not be prouder to have the State Farm name on our new arena.”

:o

I’ve got to be honest: transforming the city of Atlanta sounds like a very arrogan . . . um, ambitious proclamation for a basketball team and an insurance company.

Ressler said that he and his partners consider the team to be a “community asset.” That must mean, after spending $142.5 million in public money on the $192.5 renovation, the community should be expecting a check from the Hawks for appreciation on the value of its asset. And surely citizens will get a piece of the $175 million State Farm is paying the Hawks for naming rights.

Ressler’s Hawks may not transform the city of Atlanta with these community programs, but the city of Atlanta certainly is transferring a lot of public money to him. At least the city can look forward to getting lots of losing basketball out of it.
myAJC
Robo_Claw
Senior

Post#114 » by Robo_Claw » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:54 pm

HMFFL wrote:
MaceCase wrote:I don't think the Raptors are garnering 800 mil for their stadium naming rights, I think that is at least 80% Maple Leafs so I'm not faulting the Hawks for only sharing Phil... State Farm with the Dream.

I just worked at that arena last week.
They're doing a major renovation project backstage in all areas. Many upgrades for both teams!
The backstage area at that arena is extremely small and has weird hallways.

And the loading dock sucks. Always hated delivering there.
norcocredo wrote:It's called the basketball hall of fame not the life hall of fame.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#115 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Sep 4, 2018 6:08 pm

What do the Cardinals and Hawks now have in common?

Read on Twitter
macd-gm
Starter

Post#116 » by macd-gm » Tue Sep 4, 2018 7:35 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:Mike Cunningham throwin' flames!!!

I thought the Hawks and State Farm reached an agreement on naming rights for the team’s arena. I was mistaken. What really happened is the basketball team and the insurance company reached an agreement to transform the city of Atlanta.

Seriously, that’s what they said. The subject line for the media release that arrived in my inbox blared: “STATE FARM AND ATLANTA HAWKS BASKETBALL CLUB ANNOUNCE GENERATIONAL COLLABORATION TO TRANSFORM CITY OF ATLANTA.”

They say they will accomplish this with “new community engagement programs and philanthropic initiatives.” In the release, Hawks principal owner Tony Ressler declared: “Generations will be positively impacted by the work we do throughout Georgia, and we could not be prouder to have the State Farm name on our new arena.”

I’ve got to be honest: transforming the city of Atlanta sounds like a very arrogan . . . um, ambitious proclamation for a basketball team and an insurance company.

Ressler said that he and his partners consider the team to be a “community asset.” That must mean, after spending $142.5 million in public money on the $192.5 renovation, the community should be expecting a check from the Hawks for appreciation on the value of its asset. And surely citizens will get a piece of the $175 million State Farm is paying the Hawks for naming rights.

Ressler’s Hawks may not transform the city of Atlanta with these community programs, but the city of Atlanta certainly is transferring a lot of public money to him. At least the city can look forward to getting lots of losing basketball out of it.
myAJC

Heck yes. Someone needs to call out this crap. Do bad no one really reads Hawks coverage. It should be on the front page.

And further in the article in talks about the city throwing a bunch of money to develop the Gulch and the company getting that sweetheart deal is Resselers brother. Atlanta will never learn.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#117 » by jayu70 » Tue Sep 4, 2018 8:02 pm

macd-gm wrote:

myAJC

Heck yes. Someone needs to call out this crap. Do bad no one really reads Hawks coverage. It should be on the front page.

And further in the article in talks about the city throwing a bunch of money to develop the Gulch and the company getting that sweetheart deal is Resselers brother. Atlanta will never learn.

They'll all end up on a Federal indictment somewhere down the line.
Robo_Claw
Senior

Post#118 » by Robo_Claw » Tue Sep 4, 2018 8:32 pm

jayu70 wrote:
macd-gm wrote:

myAJC

One can only hope, too bad the legal system for the rich is a different one than ours.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#119 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Sep 5, 2018 11:26 am

Robo_Claw wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
macd-gm wrote:Heck yes. Someone needs to call out this crap. [Too] bad no one really reads Hawks coverage. It should be on the front page.

One can only hope, too bad the legal system for the rich is a different one than ours.

What in the world?!?

jayu70
RealGM

Post#120 » by jayu70 » Wed Sep 5, 2018 3:51 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Robo_Claw wrote:
jayu70 wrote:

What in the world?!?

I don't know what Robo means but I'm talking about the players at Atlanta City Hall, there's always something underhanded going on with kick backs and such. There is currently a federal indictment of city council members.

Return to Atlanta Hawks