ImageImage

Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread (Part 2)

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread (Part 2) 

Post#1361 » by MaceCase » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:01 pm

Spud2nique wrote: That's why I love Baze so much this year. He's the best tank captain ever...he will hit 6 three pointers in a game for you, and still be able to lose the game for you somehow.

I bet Bud is thinking the same...more minutes for Baze!!!

Bud would play Baze 25mpg if this was the 96 Bulls. His tie to him transcends such mortal constructs as "winning" and "losing".
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#1362 » by Spud2nique » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:05 pm

MaceCase wrote:
Spud2nique wrote: That's why I love Baze so much this year. He's the best tank captain ever...he will hit 6 three pointers in a game for you, and still be able to lose the game for you somehow.

Bud would play Baze 25mpg if this was the 96 Bulls. His tie to him transcends such mortal constructs as "winning" and "losing".

No doubt...I was just throwing Bud a bone here..lol..but I guarantee you, if we trade Baze, we would win more meaningless games. #BazeTankcommander
MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#1363 » by MaceCase » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:11 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
MaceCase wrote:

No doubt...I was just throwing Bud a bone here..lol..but I guarantee you, if we trade Baze, we would win more meaningless games. #BazeTankcommander

Bud could always unleash his tank ICBM with all of those open minutes at SG

*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#1364 » by jayu70 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:29 pm

kg01 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:I'm hungry...

Well .. you're fat so ... duh?

Kidding, kidding ..

On topic, which teams around the league (a) need shooting (via deadline trade) and (b) have a 1st or young developable (new word micky fickies) to offer?

OKC
MIN
MIL
'Zards
NOP

Add Charlotte, I have no clue what they are doing though. They can use Ersan with Zeller out 6 weeks.
Detroit
Philly
Clippers - are they trying to win or tank?
Utah
jayu70
RealGM

Post#1365 » by jayu70 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:58 pm

Grizz still in it too....
"We think our window is still very much open with Mike and Marc," Chris Wallace, the team's GM, told ESPN.com during a recent sit-down in New York. 

"I think we'll be heard from the rest of this year, and in years to come," Wallace reiterated on Tuesday.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#1366 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:04 pm

Grizz still in it too....
"We think our window is still very much open with Mike and Marc," Chris Wallace, the team's GM, told ESPN.com during a recent sit-down in New York. 

"I think we'll be heard from the rest of this year, and in years to come," Wallace reiterated on Tuesday.

I'd love to see that team get Miles Bridges in this year's draft. He seems like he'd be a nice fit between Conley and Gasol...and that town would absolutely love his style of blue collar play and highlight reel dunks.

Miles is no longer a lock as a lottery selection. :(

But will be able to produce for any team that selects him. And as a small ball PF, playing next to Gasol is the best case scenario for either guy.
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Post#1367 » by kg01 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:07 pm

jayu70 wrote:Grizz still in it too....

That guy's clueless. Please trade with him.
king01 :king:
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#1368 » by Spud2nique » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:10 pm

kg01 wrote:
jayu70 wrote:Grizz still in it too....

That guy's clueless. Please trade with him.

Hahaha I think he's delusional.
macd-gm
Starter
And1: 2,515

Post#1369 » by macd-gm » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:20 pm

Honestly I don't understand what's so great about Conley. He's good but i don't want him to be my #1 guy.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#1370 » by Spud2nique » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:20 pm

macd-gm wrote:Honestly I don't understand what's so great about Conley. He's good but i don't want him to be my #1 guy.

Ya that's nutty..#2 maybe at best...and I'm a big fan of his underrated floor generaling.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#1371 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:27 pm

Read on Twitter

Nuggets make perfect sense in potential trade with Hawks for Marco Belinelli

The Hawks have been one of the worst teams in the NBA this season. Might they trade veteran guard Marco Belinelli for future value?

As noted by ESPN’s Bobby Marks, he has a relatively low salary as well as an expiring contract. He could be “valuable addition” to a rotation on a team vying for a spot in the postseason.

One possible team who could be interested in his services are the Nuggets. If the season ended today, the Nuggets would be the No. 5 seed in the Western Conference.

Belinelli would bring a sense of familiarity to their team. Mike Malone, who is the head coach for the Nuggets, was one of the assistant coaches for Belinelli on the Hornets. Bob Weiss, now an assistant on the coaching staff in Denver, was also an assistant coach for the Hornets when Belinelli returned to their franchise last season.

The 10-year veteran is currently averaging 1.26 points per possession on spot-up plays, which ranks No. 7 in the league

According to ESPN’s Trade Machine, one deal that could work in a one-for-one exchange would be Darrell Arthur for Belinelli. But there could be more players involved if the deal is more complex.
Hoopshype
kg01
General Manager

Post#1372 » by kg01 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:37 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:

The Hawks have been one of the worst teams in the NBA this season. Might they trade veteran guard Marco Belinelli for future value?

As noted by ESPN’s Bobby Marks, he has a relatively low salary as well as an expiring contract. He could be “valuable addition” to a rotation on a team vying for a spot in the postseason.

One possible team who could be interested in his services are the Nuggets. If the season ended today, the Nuggets would be the No. 5 seed in the Western Conference.

Belinelli would bring a sense of familiarity to their team. Mike Malone, who is the head coach for the Nuggets, was one of the assistant coaches for Belinelli on the Hornets. Bob Weiss, now an assistant on the coaching staff in Denver, was also an assistant coach for the Hornets when Belinelli returned to their franchise last season.

The 10-year veteran is currently averaging 1.26 points per possession on spot-up plays, which ranks No. 7 in the league

According to ESPN’s Trade Machine, one deal that could work in a one-for-one exchange would be Darrell Arthur for Belinelli. But there could be more players involved if the deal is more complex.
Hoopshype

Darrell freaking Arthur? Really?

Did Malik beasley change his name to Darrell Arthur?
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#1373 » by Spud2nique » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:38 pm

Belinelli to any team besides the Wolves!
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#1374 » by King Ken » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:39 pm

kg01 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

Hoopshype

Darrell freaking Arthur? Really?

We aren't trading him for Darrell Arthur. He has more value to us than Arthur ever would. That said, if they are interested in a Malik Beasley for Belli trade, I am down.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#1375 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:14 pm

kg01 wrote:Darrell freaking Arthur? Really?

Yeah, the article does a great job of explaining why Bellinelli would be a valuable addition via trade, includes a tweet regarding trading him for a first rounder...then proposes a trade so underwhelming there's no reason for us to engage.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#1376 » by Spud2nique » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:00 am

Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#1377 » by Spud2nique » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:07 am

The trade above includes the Pistons 2018 1st coming to the Hawks (currently at #21)..

Gives the Hawks a young player in Stanley Johnson who can be given a fresh start. Low risk high reward situation..he has this year and next remaining on his contract.

The Pistons finally get a couple perimeter threats to take the pressure off Andre Drummond. The Pistons have had a lottery pick in 6/8 drafts...they are ready for some vets to make a playoff run.

THOUGHTs
jayu70
RealGM

Post#1378 » by jayu70 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:23 pm

Spud2nique wrote:The trade above includes the Pistons 2018 1st coming to the Hawks (currently at #21)..

Gives the Hawks a young player in Stanley Johnson who can be given a fresh start. Low risk high reward situation..he has this year and next remaining on his contract.

The Pistons finally get a couple perimeter threats to take the pressure off Andre Drummond. The Pistons have had a lottery pick in 6/8 drafts...they are ready for some vets to make a playoff run.

THOUGHTs

Your love affair with Stanley continues - substitute Moose for Illy and you have a deal.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#1379 » by Spud2nique » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:59 pm

jayu70 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:The trade above includes the Pistons 2018 1st coming to the Hawks (currently at #21)..

THOUGHTs

Your love affair with Stanley continues - substitute Moose for Illy and you have a deal.

Lol...it does it does..I don't know why I feel like another coach can do more with him. Well, not any coach but a good one like Bud. I still see a Kawhi lite somewhere in there...(notice Kawhi lite not comparing him to Kawhi full brew..)

I'd love to sub Moose in the deal . Ersan >Moose

The Pistons and Pelicans need straight up shooter like Ersan and Belli...one would think.
kg01
General Manager

Post#1380 » by kg01 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:00 pm

jayu70 wrote:

THOUGHTs

Eggsactly. The love affair with StanJo the Banjo is a lil creepy.

Still, I'd do that trade for the 1st mainly. I don't eggspect StanJo to do/be anything. To me, his ceiling is now a Marvo Williams type. That's a shame to. The guy supposedly trained with Kobe before his draft. You'd think something would've rubbed off.

Then again, Kobe has been shown to have something other than the midas touch. He blessed the Uconn women with a motivational vid before they ended up losing. Did the same for the Eagles before the game where their QB destroyed his knee.

Stay away Kobe

Return to Atlanta Hawks