ImageImage

Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread (Part 2)

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Re: RE: Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread (Part 2) 

Post#1961 » by King Ken » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:29 pm

dms269 wrote:
King Ken wrote:
dms269 wrote:I don't think a Bayless for 21 is that horrible of a deal. You eat 8.5M for a first round pick. It's a lot better than what we got when we took on Crawford's deal for the Houston first. It then gives us another first to hopefully package to move up (or replace a lost Minny first that doesn't convey).

I get the idea of not taking on large amounts of salary, but we need to be realistic in the fact that some of are players are bad contracts as well. Noah's deal is bad, but it is only 6M more per season than Plumlee's. Think that dumpinga total of 18M more is worth moving down 25 spots is a bit ridiculous.
I think it is a terrible deal. This isn't last year's class. I don't think the depth is all that great in this class. I also think some of the players we think could be available might not enter this year's class.

I rather hold the space and use it to get a lottery pick in next year's class in a trade. I would much rather take Bayless and #10(LAL) for HOU pick instead.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you are going to wait until a team is offering a lottery pick for eating only 8.5M in salary, you are going to be waiting for a while. There is no legitimate reason for Philly to offer to drop down 20 spots for eating a one year deal that is only worth 8.5M.

Uisng that argument the only legitimate way for Atlanta to get rid of Bazemore's or Plumlee's albatross of a contact is to give up our own first round pick.

Even if it's Minny's 1st, it's still a decent deal at the least. That's 8-9 spots.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#1962 » by atlantabbq99 » Sun Apr 1, 2018 1:02 am

King Ken wrote:
dms269 wrote:I don't think a Bayless for 21 is that horrible of a deal. You eat 8.5M for a first round pick. It's a lot better than what we got when we took on Crawford's deal for the Houston first. It then gives us another first to hopefully package to move up (or replace a lost Minny first that doesn't convey).

I get the idea of not taking on large amounts of salary, but we need to be realistic in the fact that some of are players are bad contracts as well. Noah's deal is bad, but it is only 6M more per season than Plumlee's. Think that dumpinga total of 18M more is worth moving down 25 spots is a bit ridiculous.
I think it is a terrible deal. This isn't last year's class. I don't think the depth is all that great in this class. I also think some of the players we think could be available might not enter this year's class.

I rather hold the space and use it to get a lottery pick in next year's class in a trade. I would much rather take Bayless and #10(LAL) for HOU pick instead.

Wow i could not disagree more! This is not based on hindsight but even at the time, i pegged the 2017 draft class as one of the weakest in the last 20 years. I remember posting that it was going to be as bad or worst than the Anthony Bennett draft class. I called Fultz, Kyrie and called Lonzo, Ricky Rubio.

This year's draft class, the lottery prospects are being compared to David Robinson, Webber, Harden, Kawhi, Durant, Billups, Curry, etc.

If trading up means taking on a bad contract but results in getting a guy like Carter, Young, or Bridges, i'm 100% in.
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#1963 » by Spud2nique » Sun Apr 1, 2018 7:25 am

atlantabbq99 wrote:
King Ken wrote:

Wow i could not disagree more! This is not based on hindsight but even at the time, i pegged the 2017 draft class as one of the weakest in the last 20 years. I remember posting that it was going to be as bad or worst than the Anthony Bennett draft class. I called Fultz, Kyrie and called Lonzo, Ricky Rubio.

This year's draft class, the lottery prospects are being compared to David Robinson, Webber, Harden, Kawhi, Durant, Billups, Curry, etc.

If trading up means taking on a bad contract but results in getting a guy like Carter, Young, or Bridges, i'm 100% in.

I’m in too just don’t yell at kg anymore.. :cry:
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,596

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread (Part 2) 

Post#1964 » by NYG » Sat Apr 7, 2018 3:47 pm

Not a Hawks fan, but trying to get a feel for what the Hawks are trying to do this off-season if some one or a few of you combines could let me know a detailed breakdown of what they’re likely to do this off-season.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant

Post#1965 » by atlantabbq99 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:23 am

With recent developments, I think getting the Cleveland pick is doable for the Hawks now...

*** Tristan and 2018 first round draft pick for Schroder ***

The only problem is that, i'm not sure if i would do it for the Hawks.

Hawks can walk away with a PG of the future in Young or Khyri Thomas, and 3 young talented bigs, but bring in 4 rookies seems like too many inexperience guys at one time.
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,434

Post#1966 » by CP War Hawks » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:22 pm

Not sure if Philly still has interest in Dennis, but Bayless and pick 10 for him.

That's a championship ready nucleus for LeBron. One of Mikal, young, or sexton has to be available however.
MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#1967 » by MaceCase » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:25 pm

CP War Hawks wrote:Not sure if Philly still has interest in Dennis, but Bayless and pick 10 for him.

That's a championship ready nucleus for LeBron. One of Mikal, young, or sexton has to be available however.

They already have two PGs that can't shoot whom they spent two #1 picks on, I don't see them burning another #10 for a position of depth.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,006

Post#1968 » by HMFFL » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:29 pm

CP War Hawks wrote:Not sure if Philly still has interest in Dennis, but Bayless and pick 10 for him.

Dennis is being overvalued.
I doubt he has that type of value or that teams would be willing to give up a top 10 draft pick for him.
dlb731
Sophomore
And1: 45

Post#1969 » by dlb731 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:10 pm

HMFFL wrote:

I doubt he has that type of value or that teams would be willing to give up a top 10 draft pick for him.

Would adding the 19 pick equal out?
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant

Post#1970 » by atlantabbq99 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:59 am

HMFFL wrote:

Nobody is saying Dennis is good enough to get a top 10 pick, but Dennis and a bad contract is good enough to get a top 10 pick.
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,492

Post#1971 » by dms269 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:36 am

atlantabbq99 wrote:
HMFFL wrote:

Nobody is saying Dennis is good enough to get a top 10 pick, but Dennis and a bad contract is good enough to get a top 10 pick.

It then depends on how bad of a contract. Noah and the 9th? Probably. Bayless? Nope.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#1972 » by ATL Boy » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:43 pm

I think we have to make due with the fact that Dennis Schroder isn't going to be that valuable on the trade market.

He has a decent contract and is proficient at getting to the rim but nobody is giving big time value for a score first PG who can't shoot and doesn't play defense, especially when PG is a position which almost every team has.

I thought at the beginning of the year that Dennis could showcase himself as a first option and possibly get us a nice mid-lotto pick. That hasn't been the case.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
macd-gm
Starter
And1: 2,515

Post#1973 » by macd-gm » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:18 pm

Dennis + #19 to the Knicks should move us up to their slot.
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,492

Post#1974 » by dms269 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:17 pm

macd-gm wrote:Dennis + #19 to the Knicks should move us up to their slot.

Only if we are eating Noah and even then it might be iffy.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,031

Post#1975 » by tbhawksfan1 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:45 pm

Noah looks like a streach buy out. I think they're going to eat the money themselves and not give up a nice pick
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant

Post#1976 » by atlantabbq99 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:53 am

Helping LA get Lebron...

#12 and Tobias and Marjanovic for the Hawks' 2nd round pick.

Clippers free up cap while still keeping Jordan. Hawks get two big contracts but get a later lottery pick in return.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,492

Post#1977 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:20 am

atlantabbq99 wrote:Helping LA get Lebron...

Clippers free up cap while still keeping Jordan. Hawks get two big contracts but get a later lottery pick in return.

:blank:

This seems too good to be true.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant

Post#1978 » by atlantabbq99 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:51 am

Jamaaliver wrote:

This trade would only happens after the draft when the Clippers are negotiating with Lebron and Paul George.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,492

Post#1979 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:58 am

atlantabbq99 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

This trade would only happens after the draft when the Clippers are negotiating with Lebron and Paul George.

Well, then there's no chance it happens.

They can't just trade the #12 pick after the draft.

And...it'd be too risky for LAC to draft for us without a confirmed deal in place. (Like the Utah trade for Taurean.)
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant

Post#1980 » by atlantabbq99 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:01 pm

^ Anybody picked at 12, besides Lonnie Walker or Robert Williams, would be ok with me.

Return to Atlanta Hawks