ImageImage

Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread (Part 2)

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,913

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread (Part 2) 

Post#2621 » by jayu70 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:23 am

King Ken wrote:
jayu70 wrote:Small trade:
Atlanta trades the 2019 2nd from Charlotte back to Charloote for Willie Hernangomez. (After we trade Dedmon) He's 24 and I'm hoping he has better hands than Len.

He is slow, wouldn't fit our pace

Is he any slower than Alex Len?
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,375

Post#2622 » by King Ken » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:11 am

jayu70 wrote:
King Ken wrote:
jayu70 wrote:Small trade:
Atlanta trades the 2019 2nd from Charlotte back to Charloote for Willie Hernangomez. (After we trade Dedmon) He's 24 and I'm hoping he has better hands than Len.

He is slow, wouldn't fit our pace

Yes. He also isn't nowhere near as big which is a double strike. He is more skilled Than WH.
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#2623 » by Spud2nique » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:31 pm

Spud2nique wrote:Players that spark my interest and could come cheap for us..relatively cheap.

Malik Monk - Guessing Hornets wanna hang on to him, really like him he’s a gunner and young. Fits as our new age Flip Murray.

Marquese Chriss- He’s stuck in Houston loads of talent. Could come cheap.

Dragan Bender- see above

These guys are still young, on cheap contracts and seem to fit our roster moving forward.

Thoughts?

Bender (Len lol) can still be had for a lower cost that his worth. He boards at a good clip and nails open 3’s at 7 feet with fluidity. He’s a good option to play with a squad that includes Trae. Talent has been there. He needs some burn that’s all.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#2624 » by Spud2nique » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:35 pm

King Ken wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
King Ken wrote:He is slow, wouldn't fit our pace

Yes. He also isn't nowhere near as big which is a double strike. He is more skilled Than WH.

I wouldn’t say not being as big is a “strike” against him in today’s game. All the big men are more mobile and less physical. The NBA is headed towards Euro ball which is skill over power.

Both Len and Bender are 7’1. Len is 250 while Bender is 225 pounds. I’m ok with this.

Although as previously mentioned by you and Bird, he’s an unrestricted this summer. Get him then but if the price is small, grab him now and resign him then if it works out. Trial period.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#2625 » by Spud2nique » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:37 pm

Sorry about the above post Ken, apparently you were speaking WHG when I thought Bender. My bad.
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,629

Post#2626 » by kg01 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:11 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:Players that spark my interest and could come cheap for us..relatively cheap.

Malik Monk - Guessing Hornets wanna hang on to him, really like him he’s a gunner and young. Fits as our new age Flip Murray.

Dragan Bender- see above

These guys are still young, on cheap contracts and seem to fit our roster moving forward.

Thoughts?

Bender (Len lol) can still be had for a lower cost that his worth. He boards at a good clip and nails open 3’s at 7 feet with fluidity. He’s a good option to play with a squad that includes Trae. Talent has been there. He needs some burn that’s all.

If Bender was anything worth trading for, the Suns would've picked up his option. Let's just wait to sign him to a minimum deal in the offseason if we want him at all (probably won't).

Criss is radioactive toxic to me. #EZPass

Only one on your list with any value is Monk but, if I were CHA, I'd hang onto him. Questions about his IQ abound though.

@spud2, you been off your game lately. Did you fall off the wagon .. or are you back on it? :)
king01 :king:
jayu70
RealGM

Post#2627 » by jayu70 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:01 pm

Which team can use Tyler Dorsey? Should we trade him? He expires this offseason.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#2628 » by jayu70 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:04 pm

Mmmmmmmmmmm...
The Grizzlies have attempted to engage several teams in a deal to move Chandler Parsons — most notably the Atlanta Hawks, league sources said. The sides have yet to build the necessary traction toward a trade. The move would free Parsons from Memphis, which has decided not to play him even though he has been cleared for basketball since Dec. 21. Expect forward JaMychal Green to attract significant interest entering the deadline.
– via The Athletic
kg01
General Manager

Post#2629 » by kg01 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:26 pm

jayu70 wrote:Mmmmmmmmmmm...
The Grizzlies have attempted to engage several teams in a deal to move Chandler Parsons — most notably the Atlanta Hawks, league sources said. The sides have yet to build the necessary traction toward a trade. The move would free Parsons from Memphis, which has decided not to play him even though he has been cleared for basketball since Dec. 21. Expect forward JaMychal Green to attract significant interest entering the deadline.
– via The Athletic

What tha f... heck? :-?

No. Just .... no. Why? What? Who .... how?

Unless'n you finna attach JJJ to the Chandelier, I don't even wanna think about that noise.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,468

Post#2630 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:42 pm

– via The Athletic

WOW!!!!

There was speculation Memphis was willing to trade their #4 draft pick last season to get from under Parsons. Would they give up their top-3 protected draft pick this year just to dump C Parsons.

Could we end up with 3 lottery picks in this mediocre draft?

That would be...intriguing.

Also...links?

Spoiler:
While Parsons has just one year remaining on his contract beyond 2018-19, it is difficult to figure why the Hawks would want to acquire him.

Atlanta is rebuilding, and Parsons isn't particularly young.

Also, the Hawks don't have much in terms of big, long-term contracts, so they can't dump an albatross of a deal on the Grizzlies, either.

Parsons may still have some value in the NBA as a role player, but at his current price tag, it is difficult to envision a team willingly taking him off Memphis' hands.
Bleacher Report
kg01
General Manager

Post#2631 » by kg01 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:47 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
kg01 wrote:

Unless'n you finna attach JJJ to the Chandelier, I don't even wanna think about that noise.

WOW!!!!

There was speculation Memphis was willing to trade their #4 draft pick last season to get from under Parsons. Would they give up their top-3 protected draft pick this year just to dump C Parsons.

Also...links?

That'd be a hefty price to pay for a franchise poised to go into heavy-tank mode. Geez that'd be hard to stomach. Plus don't the owe that pick to BOS if it's lower than like 8 or something? Stupid.

It's from the Athletic via HoopsHype, mayne.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#2632 » by jayu70 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:55 pm

kg01 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:
kg01 wrote:

WOW!!!!

Also...links?

That'd be a hefty price to pay for a franchise poised to go into heavy-tank mode. Geez that'd be hard to stomach. Plus don't the owe that pick to BOS if it's lower than like 8 or something? Stupid.

I think this was before they placed Gasol and Conley on the market. Their difficulty is they don't have any assests to attach to Parsons besides JJJ (I'd gladly take him). Their 1st is top 8, top 6 and unprotected for the next 3 years, so they can't offer a 1st until 2023.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#2633 » by jayu70 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:05 pm

jayu70 wrote:Which team can use Tyler Dorsey? Should we trade him? He expires this offseason.

Speaking of Dorsey....
Taurean Prince available?
The Hawks have engaged with teams on veteran players Kent Bazemore and Dewayne Dedmon, but also have discussed forward Taurean Prince, league sources said. In his third season, Prince is averaging 14.1 points and 4.1 rebounds. Also worth monitoring: guard Tyler Dorsey.

–via The Athletic

Spurs are looking for a Wing (I'm. afraid what Pop can turn Prince into). Spurs to inquired about Stanley Johnson.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#2634 » by King Ken » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:45 pm

Top 1 protected with Parsons. I'll do that. Memphis would be stupid not to protect #1 pick

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
King Ken
General Manager

Post#2635 » by King Ken » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:47 pm

jayu70 wrote:
kg01 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

WOW!!!!

Also...links?

I think this was before they placed Gasol and Conley on the market. Their difficulty is they don't have any assests to attach to Parsons besides JJJ (I'd gladly take him). Their 1st is top 8, top 6 and unprotected for the next 3 years, so they can't offer a 1st until 2023.
Zero chance they do that but if they are willing to trade JJJ with Parsons. I'll do it and give them Cleveland 1st

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
King Ken
General Manager

Post#2636 » by King Ken » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:13 pm

I am willing to make this deal if Memphis is willing to unprotect their 2019 1st round pick (1-8) and if it doesn't convert 2019 (1-6).

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7162207
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#2637 » by Spud2nique » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:47 pm

jayu70 wrote:
jayu70 wrote:Which team can use Tyler Dorsey? Should we trade him? He expires this offseason.

Speaking of Dorsey....
The Hawks have engaged with teams on veteran players Kent Bazemore and Dewayne Dedmon, but also have discussed forward Taurean Prince, league sources said. In his third season, Prince is averaging 14.1 points and 4.1 rebounds. Also worth monitoring: guard Tyler Dorsey.

–via The Athletic

Spurs are looking for a Wing (I'm. afraid what Pop can turn Prince into). Spurs to inquired about Stanley Johnson.

Stanley is somebody I wanted for the Hawks a bit ago. If Pop gets his hands on him, look out. I’m very afraid. Then again I don’t mind the Spurs, they do things right.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#2638 » by Spud2nique » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:50 pm

kg01 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:

Dragan Bender- see above

Thoughts?

If Bender was anything worth trading for, the Suns would've picked up his option. Let's just wait to sign him to a minimum deal in the offseason if we want him at all (probably won't).

Criss is radioactive toxic to me. #EZPass

Only one on your list with any value is Monk but, if I were CHA, I'd hang onto him. Questions about his IQ abound though.

@spud2, you been off your game lately. Did you fall off the wagon .. or are you back on it? :)

:lol: very much on the wag. I’m just trying to find the not so obvious guys that might have something left or never have gotten full opportunities.

BTW, I was worried that Jamaal has brainwashed you, you haven’t been yourself and you’ve been mad twinning with him lately. Cul de bbq’s huh? No invite coming my way?
King Ken
General Manager

Post#2639 » by King Ken » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:52 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
jayu70 wrote:

Speaking of Dorsey....

–via The Athletic

Stanley is somebody I wanted for the Hawks a bit ago. If Pop gets his hands on him, look out. I’m very afraid. Then again I don’t mind the Spurs, they do things right.

He should do good in the Spurs system. He is a nightmare in the Pistons system.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#2640 » by Spud2nique » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:52 pm

Ps I’m still not gonna listen to Brad’s podcast no matter how he tries to alert me on my phone. It ain’t gonna happen Brad. Tell ur goons to back off.

Return to Atlanta Hawks