ImageImage

Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread (Part 2)

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread (Part 2) 

Post#3201 » by King Ken » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:48 pm

While Trae will get the turnover, that turnover was on TP. He should have passed it when Trae was first open
_s_t_u_r_t_
Veteran
And1: 723

Post#3202 » by _s_t_u_r_t_ » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:31 am

Zion lovers, how much do you love Zion?

Just curious.

Theoretically, would you give up the two 1sts if they hold at #5 and #6, plus Collins? Because, I think that would get some other teams' attention.
Nathan2331
Sophomore
And1: 132

Post#3203 » by Nathan2331 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:52 am

_s_t_u_r_t_ wrote:Zion lovers, how much do you love Zion?

Just curious.

Theoretically, would you give up the two 1sts if they hold at #5 and #6, plus Collins? Because, I think that would get some other teams' attention.
Hell no. Zion would be a dream, but unless drafting him comes with signing a top FA, I'd rather keep our picks.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#3204 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:35 am

Well, so much for that idea.

Knicks Trade Rumors: Frank Ntilikina Shopped to Hawks Before Deadline

New York Knicks guard Frank Ntilikina's two-year NBA career has included injuries, a head-coaching change, position switches and losing seasons.

That's quite a stretch for a young player, but Stefan Bondy of the New York Daily News noted that it could have included a trade as well.

Bondy reported Tuesday that Knicks general manager Scott Perry gauged the Atlanta Hawks' interest in Ntilikina before the Feb. 7 trade deadline. However, Atlanta was not open to a move.

Ntilkina isn't playing much under head coach David Fizdale, falling out of the starting five in mid-November and averaging just 21.3 minutes during the 2018-19 season. Although the Hawks reportedly aren't interested in him, Ntilikina may yet end up in another uniform before next season begins.
Bleacher Report
_s_t_u_r_t_
Veteran
And1: 723

Post#3205 » by _s_t_u_r_t_ » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:24 pm

Nathan2331 wrote:

Just curious.

Hell no. Zion would be a dream, but unless drafting him comes with signing a top FA, I'd rather keep our picks.

Okay, how about one of the picks and Collins?
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#3206 » by jayu70 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:38 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:Well, so much for that idea.

New York Knicks guard Frank Ntilikina's two-year NBA career has included injuries, a head-coaching change, position switches and losing seasons.

That's quite a stretch for a young player, but Stefan Bondy of the New York Daily News noted that it could have included a trade as well.

Bondy reported Tuesday that Knicks general manager Scott Perry gauged the Atlanta Hawks' interest in Ntilikina before the Feb. 7 trade deadline. However, Atlanta was not open to a move.

Ntilkina isn't playing much under head coach David Fizdale, falling out of the starting five in mid-November and averaging just 21.3 minutes during the 2018-19 season. Although the Hawks reportedly aren't interested in him, Ntilikina may yet end up in another uniform before next season begins.
Bleacher Report

It would be interesting to know what NYK was asking for him I'd be open to give him a look as backup to Trae.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#3207 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:25 pm

Every NBA Team's Best Offseason Trade Offer for Anthony Davis

The Silver-Medal Tier

5. Atlanta Hawks

Trade Package: John Collins, Taurean Prince, Kent Bazemore, 2019 first-round pick

Collins is either the best player you've never heard of or the best player you don't talk about enough. He's on pace to become just the 17th player to average 19 points and nine rebounds before turning 22. He has effortless bounce around the basket, making him an asset on both putbacks and pick-and-rolls. He started launching triples this season and is already up to 36.7 percent outside.

Now, take Collins and combine him with an early 2019 pick—either Atlanta's own or Dallas' top-five protected—and you're giving New Orleans a ton to think about. Prince is less exciting now than he would've been a year ago, but he still checks off multiple boxes at both ends of the floor. Bazemore is partly a money-matcher, but for the wing-starved Peliies, he's also a sizable upgrade.
Bleacher Report
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#3208 » by Spud2nique » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:35 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:Well, so much for that idea.

Bleacher Report

Nah we never wanted that guy.
Nathan2331
Sophomore
And1: 132

Post#3209 » by Nathan2331 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:41 am

_s_t_u_r_t_ wrote:
Nathan2331 wrote:

Just curious.

Okay, how about one of the picks and Collins?
I suppose the value would be great for us, but honestly I'd still say no. There are some players I think could be really good in the NBA in this draft. As much as I like Zion, I think Collins and the hypothetical pick could be more valuable when it's all said and done.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#3210 » by jayu70 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:00 pm

Trade: OKC and Atlanta
Stephen Adams (2 yrs/$25 and $27 mil) for

Kent, Len and Cavs 2020 1st.

OKC gets help at C and Wing and reduce their tax bill.

I don't like playing a limited offensive player in Adams that much money but I think he's what we need on defense.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#3211 » by Spud2nique » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:57 pm

jayu70 wrote:Trade: OKC and Atlanta

I don't like playing a limited offensive player in Adams that much money but I think he's what we need on defense.

I’d be down. Adams is tough as nails and will play through anything. As you mentioned, great anchor for us on D. I’m not in love with many centers in this draft with the exception of Kabengele.
dlb731
Sophomore
And1: 45

Post#3212 » by dlb731 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:24 pm

...if there was a way to get Capella, I think he is the perfect fit.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#3213 » by King Ken » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:24 pm

dlb731 wrote:...if there was a way to get Capella, I think he is the perfect fit.

There is not a way as he is important to Houston. I do think we should look strongly at Jaxson Hayes in the draft.
saloonyk8
Rookie
And1: 130

Post#3214 » by saloonyk8 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:52 pm

Spud2nique wrote:

I’d be down. Adams is tough as nails and will play through anything. As you mentioned, great anchor for us on D. I’m not in love with many centers in this draft with the exception of Kabengele.

Adams would be a good fit, especially if we get two wings in the draft but I'm not sure Adams is a good fit for the future of the NBA
Commit to the process
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#3215 » by Spud2nique » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:58 pm

saloonyk8 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:

Adams would be a good fit, especially if we get two wings in the draft but I'm not sure Adams is a good fit for the future of the NBA

On the Adams front I disagree. No matter how much small ball you have you always need a guy that set screens well, rebounds well, is a good teammate and is durable. To me, Adams checks those boxes and then some. I understand he can’t shoot but I still like the guy.
saloonyk8
Rookie

Post#3216 » by saloonyk8 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:37 pm

I think trading for Anthony Davis only works if you're able to complete for a championship. If, for example, Klay decides to come to Atlanta, then it makes sense to trade Collins, pick, etc for Davis but only on that scenario. Getting Trae and AD to team up won't do much to keep him in Atlanta past one year
Commit to the process
saloonyk8
Rookie

Post#3217 » by saloonyk8 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:39 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
saloonyk8 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:

On the Adams front I disagree. No matter how much small ball you have you always need a guy that set screens well, rebounds well, is a good teammate and is durable. To me, Adams checks those boxes and then some. I understand he can’t shoot but I still like the guy.

Don't get me wrong I'd be happy with the trade, but mostly because he could help Collins out a lot and give some start to defense on the team. I'd also love to have Gobert lol but there's at least a chance Adams could be traded, especially if thunder don't go anywhere in playoffs
Commit to the process
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,434

Post#3218 » by CP War Hawks » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:41 am

Draft day trade, the lesser 2019 1st: Garland for Bamba. Not as high on Mo like before but I believe he's still a good fit for us.
saloonyk8
Rookie

Post#3219 » by saloonyk8 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:17 am

CP War Hawks wrote:Draft day trade, the lesser 2019 1st: Garland for Bamba. Not as high on Mo like before but I believe he's still a good fit for us.

I don't think they would do that at all. Would be foolish for them they invested a top notch pick and a year of development on him.

On the other hand if they're ready to move him maybe he's terrible lol
Commit to the process
graymule
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,422

Post#3220 » by graymule » Tue Apr 2, 2019 6:49 pm

saloonyk8 wrote:
CP War Hawks wrote:Draft day trade, the lesser 2019 1st: Garland for Bamba. Not as high on Mo like before but I believe he's still a good fit for us.

I don't think they would do that at all. Would be foolish for them they invested a top notch pick and a year of development on him.

On the other hand if they're ready to move him maybe he's terrible lol

:roll: - - Don't forget: Hawks have a hand full of second round picks that they might use to sweeten any deal. Some are this
summer and some come later. These might tip the scales in any close deal...

8-)

Return to Atlanta Hawks