ImageImage

Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread (Part 2)

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

Hazer
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,127

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread (Part 2) 

Post#2581 » by Hazer » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:56 pm

Spud2nique wrote:So a threesome? Uhhh in agreement for WCS I meant obviously. If you want a 4th there’s a certain ahole around here somewhere. Seriously if squawk gets back up, between the panaforamnmath bleachkit bet and this ahole stuff I may be axed out.

Don’t poke him, maybe he’s hibernating. Actually, his delusionial predictions of 18 wins, worst team in the nba, CLP not being a competent coach or developer of talent, rookies not being able to play well, 5+ years before return to winning basketball, and so on and so on being wrong over and over and over again despite claiming to always being right and smarter than everyone, most likely has him avoiding these discussions so he doesn’t have to face the reality of his wrongness.
Hazerbeamidge :guitar:
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#2582 » by jayu70 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:26 am

kg01 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:^I'd give up multiple vets of ours to get Willie Cauley-Stein.

Makes sense theoretically but he's due to be (over)paid and he's only shown a pulse *gasp* in his contract year.

Scares me, jamaallll

When a guy who hasn't shown much of a pulse starts the season saying he's looking to get paid....that's bothersome for me. Screams Jerome James, NYK.
How much should we be willing to pay him this offseason? Clint Capela got 5yr/$90 mil. With the cap going up WCS maybe looking for more.
However, if he can offer some rim protection, I'd send Dedmon them Dedmon.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#2583 » by jayu70 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:35 am

Let's help Memphis get in the West playoffs (they are free falling and their pick top 8 protected would go to Boston):
Parsons and JJJ for Baze, Dedmon, Anderson and the Dallas 2019 pick.
We get a center for the future using the Dallas pick, we use our own 2019 pick on one of the SFs.
Thoughts??
personanongrata
Junior
And1: 261

Post#2584 » by personanongrata » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:10 am

Hazer wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:So a threesome? Uhhh in agreement for WCS I meant obviously. If you want a 4th there’s a certain ahole around here somewhere. Seriously if squawk gets back up, between the panaforamnmath bleachkit bet and this ahole stuff I may be axed out.

Don’t poke him, maybe he’s hibernating. Actually, his delusionial predictions of 18 wins, worst team in the nba, CLP not being a competent coach or developer of talent, rookies not being able to play well, 5+ years before return to winning basketball, and so on and so on being wrong over and over and over again despite claiming to always being right and smarter than everyone, most likely has him avoiding these discussions so he doesn’t have to face the reality of his wrongness.

You know what though, his draft predictions have been solid. He had Luka as the best player and number one on his board. He also had JJJ rated above Bagley. So far both predictions are panning out.
personanongrata
Junior
And1: 261

Post#2585 » by personanongrata » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:12 am

jayu70 wrote:Let's help Memphis get in the West playoffs (they are free falling and their pick top 8 protected would go to Boston):
Parsons and JJJ for Baze, Dedmon, Anderson and the Dallas 2019 pick.
We get a center for the future using the Dallas pick, we use our own 2019 pick on one of the SFs.
Thoughts??

They would say no to that trade.
Hazer
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,127

Post#2586 » by Hazer » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:36 pm

personanongrata wrote:
Hazer wrote:

You know what though, his draft predictions have been solid. He had Luka as the best player and number one on his board. He also had JJJ rated above Bagley. So far both predictions are panning out.

Absolutely, he also called the Huerter pick. None of us have a problem with any of that, he hits on about as many as some of the rest of us. Not to hear him tell it though. Aye, there’s the rub...
Hazerbeamidge :guitar:
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#2587 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:30 pm

Hawks in: Dzanan Musa, Allen Crabbe

Nets In: Jeremy Lin (bought out)

hawks get Musa for taking on the additional year of Crabbe but also add a shooter/floor spacer into the mix. Nets shed Crabbes last year and buyout Lin who can seek a role on a team that suits him better ahead of free agency where he will have more competition from other FA gaurds.

win for Hawks
win for Nets
win for Lin
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Post#2588 » by kg01 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:00 pm

Prokorov wrote:Hawks in: Dzanan Musa, Allen Crabbe

hawks get Musa for taking on the additional year of Crabbe but also add a shooter/floor spacer into the mix. Nets shed Crabbes last year and buyout Lin who can seek a role on a team that suits him better ahead of free agency where he will have more competition from other FA gaurds.

win for Hawks
win for Nets
win for Lin

Why do we want Musa though?

Couldn't we just draft some rando on his level in the 2nd round and avoid having to look at Crabbe's awful hair for 2 years?
king01 :king:
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#2589 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:02 pm

kg01 wrote:

win for Hawks
win for Nets
win for Lin

Why do we want Musa though?

Couldn't we just draft some rando on his level in the 2nd round and avoid having to look at Crabbe's awful hair for 2 years?

If you view crabbe as a massive negative, then the deal dies anyhow... if you dont view the 1 extra year of a shooter as a huge detterant the Musa may have more value then an additional pick in '19, of which the hawks have several already, as you would have some scouting on musa.

i think value wise its their. i think crabbe provides more for the hawks right now. and i think Musa may be more valuable then a'19 late first/early second
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#2590 » by King Ken » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:17 pm

win for Hawks
win for Nets
win for Lin

Ummm....

What do you think about replacing Musa with LeVert? That's a tremendous deal for us. This is a tremendously bad deal for us
King Ken
General Manager

Post#2591 » by King Ken » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:19 pm

personanongrata wrote:
Hazer wrote:

Bagley is better than JJJ right now. JJJ had a hot start but since the Grizz have cooled, so has he. Bagley just keeps getting better and better.
steady
Veteran
And1: 1,351

Post#2592 » by steady » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:35 pm

King Ken wrote:

win for Hawks
win for Nets
win for Lin

Ummm....

What do you think about replacing Musa with LeVert? That's a tremendous deal for us. This is a tremendously bad deal for us

Exactly.

Crabbe's been disappointing particularly at his 19 mill/year salary, and he has one year left on his deal and is too old for Hawks anyway. Musa (at pick 29 in past year's draft) is still mostly playing in G League.

I know you don't like Lin, but ...

This deal is mostly a win for Nets so they can sign both Russell and big free agent this summer
steady
Veteran

Post#2593 » by steady » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:34 pm

King Ken wrote:
kg01 wrote:
King Ken wrote:A team with actual assets.

Eh, like who/what?

Expirings and future draft picks.

Most likely: Zach Randolph's expiring, Yogi Ferrell, and 2 SRPs. Kings have a bunch of SRPs in next few years.
Can't see them dealing a FRP for Lin.

Whether Schlenk chooses Kings deal over Pels/Blazers will depend on how much he values cap space versus a FRP.

Pels and Blazers will likely both come with significant salary dumps going into next season - likely around 11-13 mill or 17 mill depending on the player involved.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#2594 » by King Ken » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:39 pm

steady wrote:
King Ken wrote:

win for Hawks
win for Nets
win for Lin

Ummm....

Exactly.

Crabbe's been disappointing particularly at his 19 mill/year salary, and he has one year left on his deal and is too old for Hawks anyway. Musa (at pick 29 in past year's draft) is still mostly playing in G League.

This deal is mostly a win for Nets so they can sign both Russell and big free agent this summer

Wrong Lin/Len.

I dislike Alex Len. I love Jeremy Lin.

I honestly think our system is built for centers to put up numbers like the Lakers when Bron healthy.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#2595 » by King Ken » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:43 pm

steady wrote:
King Ken wrote:
kg01 wrote:
Eh, like who/what?

Expirings and future draft picks.

Most likely: Zach Randolph's expiring, Yogi Ferrell, and 2 SRPs. Kings have a bunch of SRPs in next few years.

Whether Schlenk chooses Kings deal over Pels/Blazers will depend on how much he values cap space versus a FRP.

Pels and Blazers will likely both come with significant salary dumps going into next season - likely around 13 mill or 17 mill depending on the player involved.

If they want Anderson and Dedmon for 2020-2022 2 SRPs. I am okay with that.

I am not sold on trading Lin for that. I want a young player like Giles instead. I really like Bogi or Jackson but those are rotation pieces for SAC and I don't see them parting with them. Also, Divac loves Giles so he is unlikely to be moved. I would like something similar to what we got for Kyle Korver. A future 1st with top 10 or lottery protections for two seasons. After that, it becomes two 2nds for Lin.

I like their assets because they can make that offer while offering not trying to throw in b***** like dead money.
steady
Veteran

Post#2596 » by steady » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:49 pm

King Ken wrote:
steady wrote:
King Ken wrote:Ummm....

Exactly.

Wrong Lin/Len.

I dislike Alex Len. I love Jeremy Lin.

I honestly think our system is built for centers to put up numbers like the Lakers when Bron healthy.

Sorry that last comment was addressed to Prok - who proposed ridiculous trade — not you - he does not like Lin

There will be sour grapes at Nets if Schlenk is able to obtain positive value for Lin
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#2597 » by Spud2nique » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:51 pm

King Ken wrote:
steady wrote:
King Ken wrote:Expirings and future draft picks.

Pels and Blazers will likely both come with significant salary dumps going into next season - likely around 13 mill or 17 mill depending on the player involved.

I am not sold on trading Lin for that. I want a young player like Giles instead. I really like Bogi or Jackson but those are rotation pieces for SAC and I don't see them parting with them. Also, Divac loves Giles so he is unlikely to be moved. I would like something similar to what we got for Kyle Korver. A future 1st with top 10 or lottery protections for two seasons. After that, it becomes two 2nds for Lin.

I like their assets because they can make that offer while offering not trying to throw in b***** like dead money.

I was very enamored with Justin Jackson throughout that draft process. We got Collins, thank god. But I think there could be something in him, at least as a defensive wing with a three. Still not loving Giles.

The thing is Lin is worth a first rounder, at least late first for some teams like the Blazers but they just won’t give us market value and nobody’s ever given us market value in Atlanta.
steady
Veteran

Post#2598 » by steady » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:02 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
King Ken wrote:
steady wrote:

I was very enamored with Justin Jackson throughout that draft process. We got Collins, thank god. But I think there could be something in him, at least as a defensive wing with a three. Still not loving Giles.

The thing is Lin is worth a first rounder, at least late first for some teams like the Blazers but they just won’t give us market value and nobody’s ever given us market value in Atlanta.

And FRPs have been increasingly hard to come by in past few years too
King Ken
General Manager

Post#2599 » by King Ken » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:03 pm

Spud2nique wrote:

I see Jackson as a decent rotational piece with long term value like Bembry. That's someone that's unlikely to be in deals like this.

I think the Blazers would love to do a deal and get Lin but their issue is simple. They don't have any Z-Bo out of rotation expirings. They have bad contracts. For that, they are limited unless they sell the kitchen for it. Jeremy Lin is not worth the kitchen so they can't afford him. That's simple.

I agree, Lin is worth a late 1st. Unless you have two very high 2nds from teams like the Cavs and Bulls. It's unlikely, you have the value in the SRP to really push the needle.

steady wrote:
Sorry that last comment was addressed to Prok - who proposed ridiculous trade — not you - he does not like Lin

There will be sour grapes at Nets if Schlenk is able to obtain positive value for Lin

They can trade for him anyway due to NBA rules so it's nothing really there.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#2600 » by King Ken » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:06 pm

steady wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
King Ken wrote:If they want Anderson and Dedmon for 2020-2022 2 SRPs. I am okay with that.

And FRPs have been increasingly hard to come by in past few years too

Not really. The issue is that teams in the playoff picture know teams tanking like to cut vets so they just don't offer anymore. But that's going to change in the next two seasons due to

A. The new lottery odds.
B. The west being so damn competitive.

The Bulls have already came out and said they are not buying out Lopez. The Hawks haven't giving any indication they will do the same. The Cavs don't have no one to cut and the Knicks don't as well although Kanter might be a candidate. I think last two years deep classes made teams value those late 1sts more but in a weaker class, teams are more likely to make a move and value BR's even more which they haven't in recent years due to the strong drafts and due to the raising cap.

Return to Atlanta Hawks