ImageImage

Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread (Part 2)

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

steady
Veteran
And1: 1,351

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread (Part 2) 

Post#2601 » by steady » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:31 am

King Ken wrote:
steady wrote:
King Ken wrote:Expirings and future draft picks.

Most likely: Zach Randolph's expiring, Yogi Ferrell, and 2 SRPs. Kings have a bunch of SRPs in next few years.
Can't see them dealing a FRP for Lin.

Whether Schlenk chooses Kings deal over Pels/Blazers will depend on how much he values cap space versus a FRP.

Pels and Blazers will likely both come with significant salary dumps going into next season - likely around 13 mill or 17 mill depending on the player involved.

If they want Anderson and Dedmon for 2020-2022 2 SRPs. I am okay with that.

I am not sold on trading Lin for that. I want a young player like Giles instead. I really like Bogi or Jackson but those are rotation pieces for SAC and I don't see them parting with them. Also, Divac loves Giles so he is unlikely to be moved. I would like something similar to what we got for Kyle Korver. A future 1st with top 10 or lottery protections for two seasons. After that, it becomes two 2nds for Lin.

I like their assets because they can make that offer while offering not trying to throw in b***** like dead money.

I much prefer Kings scenario too / I’d rather ATL not take on dead money. But it all depends on how serious Schlenk is about wanting a FRP.

I cannot see Kings giving that up
personanongrata
Junior
And1: 261

Post#2602 » by personanongrata » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:03 am

King Ken wrote:
personanongrata wrote:
Hazer wrote:Don’t poke him, maybe he’s hibernating. Actually, his delusionial predictions of 18 wins, worst team in the nba, CLP not being a competent coach or developer of talent, rookies not being able to play well, 5+ years before return to winning basketball, and so on and so on being wrong over and over and over again despite claiming to always being right and smarter than everyone, most likely has him avoiding these discussions so he doesn’t have to face the reality of his wrongness.

You know what though, his draft predictions have been solid. He had Luka as the best player and number one on his board. He also had JJJ rated above Bagley. So far both predictions are panning out.

Bagley is better than JJJ right now. JJJ had a hot start but since the Grizz have cooled, so has he. Bagley just keeps getting better and better.

It's still too early to say who is going to be better.
macd-gm
Starter
And1: 2,515

Post#2603 » by macd-gm » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:01 pm

Lin, Baze, Dedmon all nursing injuries but Prince is back. Interesting from a trade perspective.
cjmcallist
Sixth Man
And1: 738

Post#2604 » by cjmcallist » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:00 pm

Thunder Fan here... Interested in Prince.

We owe you a 2022 FRP. Current protections:

Oklahoma City's 2022 1st round pick to Atlanta protected for selections 1-14; if this pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyed, then Oklahoma City will instead convey its 2024 2nd round pick and 2025 2nd round pick to Atlanta [Atlanta-Oklahoma City-Philadelphia, 7/25/2018]

We can send Hami Diallo, Timothe Luwawu, and changed protections on the 2022 FRP to (additions in bold):

Oklahoma City's 2022 1st round pick to Atlanta protected for selections 1-14; if this pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyed, then Oklahoma City will instead convey its 2023 1st round pick protected for selections 1-14; if this pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyed, then Oklahoma City will instead convey its 2024 2nd round pick and 2025 2nd round pick to Atlanta [Atlanta-Oklahoma City-Philadelphia, 7/25/2018]

Would that be enough for Prince?
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#2605 » by King Ken » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:30 pm

cjmcallist wrote:Thunder Fan here... Interested in Prince.

Oklahoma City's 2022 1st round pick to Atlanta protected for selections 1-14; if this pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyed, then Oklahoma City will instead convey its 2024 2nd round pick and 2025 2nd round pick to Atlanta [Atlanta-Oklahoma City-Philadelphia, 7/25/2018]

We can send Hami Diallo, Timothe Luwawu, and changed protections on the 2022 FRP to (additions in bold):

Oklahoma City's 2022 1st round pick to Atlanta protected for selections 1-14; if this pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyed, then Oklahoma City will instead convey its 2023 1st round pick protected for selections 1-14; if this pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyed, then Oklahoma City will instead convey its 2024 2nd round pick and 2025 2nd round pick to Atlanta [Atlanta-Oklahoma City-Philadelphia, 7/25/2018]

Not even close.

We probably aren't moving him till the offseason and if we do, we need a mid 1st not no damn could be 2nd rounders. Real 1st rounders only for Prince but he is not available unless someone offers something stupid like an excellent young player like Jarrett Allen which you don't have. I'll revisit during the draft if I was you. We might have a more clear view if we want to resign him or trade him or let him go. Right now, we don't know and this is a terrible offer so we don't really have interest.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#2606 » by jayu70 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:34 pm

cjmcallist wrote:Thunder Fan here... Interested in Prince.

I don't know anything about Diallo's game but I think the Hawks have enough SGs.
I want a gauranteed 1st for Prince, no converting to 2nd stuff.
Nathan2331
Sophomore
And1: 132

Post#2607 » by Nathan2331 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:34 pm

I'm not sure we'll see a trade at all unless someone wants to overpay. Schlenk isn't going to waste our cap space nor should he. Having Bumlee taking up 12 million is bad enough. While we haven't been a free agency destination in the past, we still need to put ourselves in position to be able to get a difference maker.

I realize Lin, Bazemore and Dedmon are just role players, but I'm not interested in second rounders or taking on non expiring bad contracts. And I don't think teams are interested in offering much more.
macd-gm
Starter
And1: 2,515

Post#2608 » by macd-gm » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:11 pm

Nathan2331 wrote:I'm not sure we'll see a trade at all unless someone wants to overpay. Schlenk isn't going to waste our cap space nor should he. Having Bumlee taking up 12 million is bad enough. While we haven't been a free agency destination in the past, we still need to put ourselves in position to be able to get a difference maker.

I realize Lin, Bazemore and Dedmon are just role players, but I'm not interested in second rounders or taking on non expiring bad contracts. And I don't think teams are interested in offering much more.

I think there are more teams this year who think they have to do something for the playoffs. Boston, Toronto, Bucks, Sixers all have legit shots at the finals. eh maybe not the sixers.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#2609 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:31 pm

Read on Twitter

Atlanta Hawks

Projected room: $42 million

The Hawks will enter the third year of their rebuild (2019-2020) with a roster featuring six former first-round draft picks and two potential lottery selections (the first from Dallas is top-five protected).

Expect the Hawks to act as a facilitator for unwanted contracts in exchange for draft assets. Atlanta is not at a point in its roster remake to be a destination for free agents looking to win now.

The Hawks could have up to $85 million in room in 2020.
ESPN Insider
jayu70
RealGM

Post#2610 » by jayu70 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:26 pm

macd-gm wrote:
Nathan2331 wrote:I'm not sure we'll see a trade at all unless someone wants to overpay. Schlenk isn't going to waste our cap space nor should he. Having Bumlee taking up 12 million is bad enough. While we haven't been a free agency destination in the past, we still need to put ourselves in position to be able to get a difference maker.

I think there are more teams this year who think they have to do something for the playoffs. Boston, Toronto, Bucks, Sixers all have legit shots at the finals. eh maybe not the sixers.

The you have teams like Charlotte, Detroit, Washington, Sacramento and Orlando who are all trying desperately to make the playoffs.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#2611 » by King Ken » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:49 pm

I really want to make a push for Boogie but if we can trade Baze for cap room in the offseason and take on a bad contract with a team that can give us major assets. I would love it
Hazer
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,127

Post#2612 » by Hazer » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:13 pm

Colonel Schlenk has done very well with the draft portion of GM’ing, it’s time he stepped up the questionable “deal-making” aspect of his game and show us some poker skills this trade deadline.
Hazerbeamidge :guitar:
Hazer
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,127

Post#2613 » by Hazer » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:43 am

Hazer wrote:Colonel Schlenk has done very well with the draft portion of GM’ing, it’s time he stepped up the questionable “deal-making” aspect of his game and show us some poker skills this trade deadline.

I understand the “ends-justifies-the-means” m.o. he was employing to install a “reset” with the Hawks. So I give him a partial pass on some of the questionable trade/contract/dealings stuff. But now show me some savvy moves bawse.
Hazerbeamidge :guitar:
King Ken
General Manager

Post#2614 » by King Ken » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:07 am

My guess is, Kings will give a 2021 top 10 protected first and do this deal.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yaqxvjlm

Atlanta will shop Z-Bo for a 2020 top 10 protected 1st. Meaning, 2020 dead money. I could see Houston or New Orleans being interested. Hill or Knight contracts.

This gives us 73 million in cap space 2019 FA.
steady
Veteran

Post#2616 » by steady » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:42 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Read on Twitter

Atlanta Hawks

Projected room: $42 million

The Hawks will enter the third year of their rebuild (2019-2020) with a roster featuring six former first-round draft picks and two potential lottery selections (the first from Dallas is top-five protected).

Expect the Hawks to act as a facilitator for unwanted contracts in exchange for draft assets. Atlanta is not at a point in its roster remake to be a destination for free agents looking to win now.

The Hawks could have up to $85 million in room in 2020.
ESPN Insider

If true, i agree with this approach. 2019 is likely not Hawks off-season for a big FA splash. 2020 is. 42 mill in 2019-2020 cap space could be used at least partially to pick up a couple more draft assets. Build the war chest

$20 mill in dead salary is about the going rate for a FRP
steady
Veteran

Post#2617 » by steady » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:47 pm

Hazer wrote:
Hazer wrote:Colonel Schlenk has done very well with the draft portion of GM’ing, it’s time he stepped up the questionable “deal-making” aspect of his game and show us some poker skills this trade deadline.

I understand the “ends-justifies-the-means” m.o. he was employing to install a “reset” with the Hawks. So I give him a partial pass on some of the questionable trade/contract/dealings stuff. But now show me some savvy moves bawse.

Schlenk/Reilly’s draft picks have been impressive. The trades less so .. on their surface. Schlenk does not seem like a scorched earth type negotiator, but he does quietly move the ball forward and always achieves his most important goals. See Thunder and Nets trades this past summer

Could it be that he has been a stealth negotiator who has been much better than we give him credit for. There is something to be said for being a GM who is good at making win win deals that leave the other side wanting to do business again in future
jayu70
RealGM

Post#2618 » by jayu70 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:24 pm

Small trade:
Atlanta trades the 2019 2nd from Charlotte back to Charloote for Willie Hernangomez. (After we trade Dedmon) He's 24 and I'm hoping he has better hands than Len.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#2619 » by King Ken » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:56 am

jayu70 wrote:Small trade:
Atlanta trades the 2019 2nd from Charlotte back to Charloote for Willie Hernangomez. (After we trade Dedmon) He's 24 and I'm hoping he has better hands than Len.

He is slow, wouldn't fit our pace
King Ken
General Manager

Post#2620 » by King Ken » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:02 am

I saw this on the trade board:

Baze / Prince / Dedmon

for

Turner / Aminu / Collins / 2019 FRP

ATL invests in potential with Collins and a FRP around 20-22

PORT gets a starter, and two key role players / spot starters.

I would do this deal. I love Zach Collins system fit and fit next to John. I don't see PTL doing this. Even with the value being extremely high for them, Collins had a value point of 30 million. He is worth all of the value we are taking plus the negative assets. But usually teams don't trade those players with two years left in their rookie deal. They will pass.

A Portland fan said it best, we aren't trading Collins in a deal for role players. It's hard to argue that.

I don't buy Bazemore is worth a 2nd over Turner. Bazemore is clearly worth a 1st over Turner.
I do buy their take on Collins over Dedmon.
I don't buy Aminu value over Prince. Prince has more value on the open market. Prince is worth a mid 1st. Aminu is worth an early 2nd. There is a major gap between the two.

It's not a bad deal. Quite even but you just can't trade Zach Collins for role players. He has showed too much of a 3/D big man. You just can't move that. He has excellent modern NBA potential as a role player. I would not touch this if I was Portland even if the value is even, Collins potential is worth more than this entire deal.

Return to Atlanta Hawks