ImageImage

Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread (Part 2)

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread (Part 2) 

Post#3241 » by King Ken » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:09 pm

TGW wrote:
King Ken wrote:
TGW wrote:Would the Hawks be interested in Beal and Howard (he's cap filler--ultimately waived)?

I'd ask for Bazemore, Plumlee, #5, #9, 2020 Hawks #1 (top 5 protection).

:o

Now this is actually a trade I would do for KAT. 100% but not for **** Bradley Beal. Honestly, we aren't interested in unless it's a discount deal. Something like CLE pick, top 5 protected pick 2020 and Huerter and even then, I'll still say no but that's the value I see. Two 1sts, and a young stud for Beal is reasonable. Anything else is crazy. Not trading a lottery pick for Beal. Maybe you should offer this to the Pelicans. They would do it.

I dont see them turning down trading a lottery pick, a 2020 pick and even taken on Ian M. For Beal.

Ok thanks. And no chance on the counteroffer.

I don't see us as a good partner for you guys. If you want to trade Beal and get the most value, go to a team with a star who wants to add a 3rd star.

If the Lakers miss on everyone in FA, I can see them giving you a haul
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Post#3242 » by kg01 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:23 pm

TGW wrote:Would the Hawks be interested in Beal and Howard (he's cap filler--ultimately waived)?

Yeah that's a heyul nawl deal. No player in the league (who's available) is worth that deal.

Basically 3 lottery picks for Beal? I like him but he ain't that good.
king01 :king:
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#3243 » by Spud2nique » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:36 pm

:noway: on that Beal thing.. hell naw!
King Ken
General Manager

Post#3244 » by King Ken » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:42 pm

kg01 wrote:

Yeah that's a heyul nawl deal. No player in the league (who's available) is worth that deal.

Two top 10 lottery picks for Bradley Beal. BRADLEY BEAL! :nonono: dude must have got done doing something when he wrote that
kg01
General Manager

Post#3245 » by kg01 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:47 pm

King Ken wrote:
kg01 wrote:

Two top 10 lottery picks for Bradley Beal. BRADLEY BEAL! :nonono: dude must have got done smoking when he wrote that

Oh be nice, KK.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#3246 » by Spud2nique » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:26 pm

kg01 wrote:
King Ken wrote:
kg01 wrote:

Two top 10 lottery picks for Bradley Beal. BRADLEY BEAL! :nonono: dude must have got done smoking when he wrote that

Oh be nice, KK.

Well it is 4/20 tomorrow. Just sayin..
kg01
General Manager

Post#3247 » by kg01 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:51 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
kg01 wrote:
King Ken wrote:Two top 10 lottery picks for Bradley Beal. BRADLEY BEAL! :nonono: dude must have got done smoking when he wrote that

Oh be nice, KK.

Well it is 4/20 tomorrow. Just sayin..

what is 4/20?
King Ken
General Manager

Post#3248 » by King Ken » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:16 pm

I was looking at OKC books and it looks abysmal. I wouldn't mind helping them out on a flat trade of Bazemore and Plumlee for Steven Adams deal. That trade kicker scares me a lot. He has 58 million left, that kicker will push it to 62-63, ugh.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#3249 » by King Ken » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:59 pm

NYG, please don't speak for us bro. You came asking us a question about Steven Adams on some 2k, would you trade Bazemore and Plumlee for Adams on some just plain talk. None of us realize that his contract is worse than those two players. So please don't speak for us. We aren't trading Prince or a damn 1st for Adams contract whatsoever.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#3250 » by King Ken » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:01 pm

Honestly I didn't know Adams contract was as bad as it is. I thought it was reasonably high like 15-16 million. But 27 million with a trade kicker. Not touching it unless the terms are fair
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#3251 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:12 pm

1. I'd definitely do this. Getting a late 1st ups our chances of grabbing Kabengele.
2. I'm pretty sure Houston owes their 2019 pick to Cleveland. Not NYK.

Spoiler:

1 Trade for Every Rebuilding NBA Team

New York Knicks and Atlanta Hawks

New York Knicks Get: Taurean Prince

Atlanta Hawks Get: Frank Ntilikina, 2019 first-round pick (via Houston Rockets)

We help a pair of rebuilders here as the Hawks buy very, very low on Ntilikina, whose excellent perimeter defense makes him a perfect running mate for Trae Young. In theory.

Ntilikina is among the worst offensive players in the league, but the Hawks are a developmental organization with a history of forging quality wings and guards out of some rough-edged prospects. If Ntilikina could even approach average scoring efficiency with decent playmaking skills, he'd make a lot of sense in a rotation with Young and Kevin Huerter.

Those two could hide more easily with Frankie Smokes around to guard the opposition's biggest perimeter threat.

Plus, Atlanta can reapportion Prince's minutes to DeAndre' Bembry and Kent Bazemore without losing much.

The Knicks are fast-tracking their fresh start. If they land two max stars in free agency and add Zion Williamson in the draft, they'll be in the market for more plug-and-play options. Prince is a shoddy defender who gets into trouble whenever he tries to dribble or facilitate, but he's a career 38 percent three-point shooter and has the kind of frame you could imagine someday working in switch-heavy schemes.

He'd make sense as a one-task role player supporting the Knicks' stars, and his game still has some untapped upside.

Because Ntilikina's value is so speculative after a brutal, injury-hit sophomore season (39.5 effective field-goal percentage!), the Knicks need to throw in a late first-rounder from the Rockets to keep Atlanta from hanging up the phone.
Bleacher Report
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#3252 » by Spud2nique » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:15 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:1. I'd definitely do this. Getting a late 1st ups our chances of grabbing Kabengele.
2. I'm pretty sure Houston owes their 2019 pick to Cleveland. Not NYK.

Spoiler:

1 Trade for Every Rebuilding NBA Team

New York Knicks and Atlanta Hawks

New York Knicks Get: Taurean Prince

Atlanta Hawks Get: Frank Ntilikina, 2019 first-round pick (via Houston Rockets)

We help a pair of rebuilders here as the Hawks buy very, very low on Ntilikina, whose excellent perimeter defense makes him a perfect running mate for Trae Young. In theory.

Ntilikina is among the worst offensive players in the league, but the Hawks are a developmental organization with a history of forging quality wings and guards out of some rough-edged prospects. If Ntilikina could even approach average scoring efficiency with decent playmaking skills, he'd make a lot of sense in a rotation with Young and Kevin Huerter.

Those two could hide more easily with Frankie Smokes around to guard the opposition's biggest perimeter threat.

Plus, Atlanta can reapportion Prince's minutes to DeAndre' Bembry and Kent Bazemore without losing much.

The Knicks are fast-tracking their fresh start. If they land two max stars in free agency and add Zion Williamson in the draft, they'll be in the market for more plug-and-play options. Prince is a shoddy defender who gets into trouble whenever he tries to dribble or facilitate, but he's a career 38 percent three-point shooter and has the kind of frame you could imagine someday working in switch-heavy schemes.

He'd make sense as a one-task role player supporting the Knicks' stars, and his game still has some untapped upside.

Because Ntilikina's value is so speculative after a brutal, injury-hit sophomore season (39.5 effective field-goal percentage!), the Knicks need to throw in a late first-rounder from the Rockets to keep Atlanta from hanging up the phone.
Bleacher Report

Glad ur on Kabengele finally. Still not loving Frank the tank.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#3253 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:17 pm

Spud2nique wrote:Glad ur on Kabengele finally. Still not loving Frank the tank.

He fits what we need next to Collins better than anyone this side of Wendell.

And credit to you -- you were singing his praises long before I'd ever heard of him.

NOTE: I really like the idea of trading for French Frank and then drafting Sekou Doumbouya. They've reportedly known each other for years.

Spoiler:
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#3254 » by Spud2nique » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:29 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:

And credit to you -- you were singing his praises long before I'd ever heard of him.

NOTE: I really like the idea of trading for French Frank and then drafting Sekou Doumbouya. They've reportedly known each other for years.

Spoiler:

Well I didn’t discover the guy or anything :lol: Just like his engine.

Are you French Jamaal? Actually nevermind I know we don’t share that info on the board. I’m still trying to watch all this film on Sekou, I wish I could see what you are seeing because in retrospect I did like ur scouting for Lonnie Walker IV last year but caught on way late.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#3255 » by Spud2nique » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:34 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:

Spoiler:

Trae/Frank N.
Huerter/Cam or Culver
Prince/Sekou D.
Collins/Spell
Wendell Carter/Len

Hows that work Jamaal?
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#3256 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:44 pm

Spud2nique wrote:I’m still trying to watch all this film on Sekou, I wish I could see what you are seeing because in retrospect I did like ur scouting for Lonnie Walker IV last year but caught on way late.

HIS PERFORMANCE THIS YEAR HAS BEEN, ADMITTEDLY, MODEST.

I really love his size, athleticism and fluidity. He's built like a young Center (6'10" -- 230 pounds) but moves like a SF. He's a good help defender, can hit the three, rebounds well and will push the ball in transition.

Even if he never reaches his full potential, he still profiles as a useful backup big who can switch onto any position, finish in transition and abuse mismatches.

What really sold me was watching some of his video from last season when he was literally a man among boys. He was doing everything on the court. Out running, out jumping, defending, finishing.

He's years away (his English is limited) and he needs a lead guard to get him easy buckets in the half court. But he's the guy I'd assign to guard Giannis in a playoff series. He's the guy who could fill in for J Collins or slide in beside him at Center.

If we only have one lottery pick this summer, I likely pass on him. But with a second top-10 selection, he's a worthy gamble as the perfect modern day forward.

How many guys do you know that can post up smaller players, hit open threes, defend the rim and defend wings in space? That's the appeal of Sekou.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#3257 » by King Ken » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:52 pm

My issues with Sekou
6'11 wingspan. Not the ideal 7ft plus I want from a versatile wing switch type.
BBIQ is decent but not great.

That's about it. Otherwise I like him in that role. But I don't want to think he is the next Siakam. That's unfair
_s_t_u_r_t_
Veteran
And1: 723

Post#3258 » by _s_t_u_r_t_ » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:19 pm

I was hot for Sekou back in November. But it's been a wasted year for him for the most part b/c of his injury.... didn't develop like he might have developed.

At this point, he's too raw to justify picking him imo unless we acquire something 20-30 and he drops.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#3259 » by King Ken » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:25 pm

_s_t_u_r_t_ wrote:I was hot for Sekou back in November. But it's been a wasted year for him for the most part b/c of his injury.... didn't develop like he might have developed.

At this point, he's too raw to justify picking him imo unless we acquire something 20-30 and he drops.

I think he is worth a top 15 pick but if you looking for a potentially better Aminu. Not if you looking for a star.
azuresou1
Head Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#3260 » by azuresou1 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:26 pm

I like the idea of trading for Frankie Smokes, especially if we get a first on top (albeit a really bad first).

Yeah, he hasn't looked great in NY, but c'mon it's the Knicks.

Return to Atlanta Hawks