ImageImage

Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread (Part 2)

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

Years80HAWKS
Junior
And1: 42

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread (Part 2) 

Post#881 » by Years80HAWKS » Mon Jul 3, 2017 1:34 pm

Ilyasova gone to the Sixers.
We officialy have now have one of the worst rosters of the league, and of all time.

Schröder
Bazemore
Prince
Collins
Muscala
--------------
Delaney

Bembry

Plumlee

FAs: Hardaway+Sefolosha+Humphries

Gone: Howard, Millsap, Dunleavy, Ilyasova, Calderón,

Draft 2018 is worth it, right?
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,932

Post#882 » by jayu70 » Mon Jul 3, 2017 1:59 pm

Years80HAWKS wrote:Ilyasova gone to the Sixers.

1st I've seen, link?
macd-gm
Starter
And1: 2,515

Post#883 » by macd-gm » Mon Jul 3, 2017 4:15 pm

So the Colonel doesn't like the term 'rebuild'? How about Re-BK? Re-Dleague?

I guess this explains why Philips is getting a courtside bar and barbershop. More of a nightclub with some young guys playing sloppy bball on the side.
tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,036

Post#884 » by tbhawksfan1 » Mon Jul 3, 2017 4:24 pm

Still have money to sign a decent FA and a couple to fill out the roster. The one saving grace is that 2018 draft could help Hawks reset with the likely Minny first added to Hawks. A top 10 and top 20 pick plus a nice second should be the best draft assets Hawks have worked with in a long time.

Shro / Prince / Bembry / Collins / Dorsey and above picks give the team some nice young guys to develop. Went from old to young pretty quick.
DaddyCool19
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,392

Post#885 » by DaddyCool19 » Mon Jul 3, 2017 4:46 pm

Would you guys be interested in Aldrich if the rumors about him + OKC's pick to dump him were true? I mean at best you could flip him again at the trade deadline to a contender for a 2nd round pick if he plays well and some team loses a bench big.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#886 » by ATL Boy » Mon Jul 3, 2017 5:04 pm

DaddyCool19 wrote:Would you guys be interested in Aldrich if the rumors about him + OKC's pick to dump him were true? I mean at best you could flip him again at the trade deadline to a contender for a 2nd round pick if he plays well and some team loses a bench big.

100x yes. We should look into the market of taking other teams' salary dumps packaged with assets.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#887 » by jayu70 » Tue Jul 4, 2017 1:06 pm

DaddyCool19 wrote:Would you guys be interested in Aldrich if the rumors about him + OKC's pick to dump him were true? I mean at best you could flip him again at the trade deadline to a contender for a 2nd round pick if he plays well and some team loses a bench big.

I'd take that deal.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#888 » by jayu70 » Tue Jul 4, 2017 1:40 pm

Thabo Sefolosha, Ersan Illyasova, Kris Humphries, Mike Muscala.....
1. Which of these remaining free agents do you want back, if any and at what price?
2. What can we get in a SnT for these guys if possible.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,500

Post#889 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Jul 4, 2017 2:36 pm

^From that group, Mike Muscala only.

Not sure we could get more than a second round pick for any of them. Even that seems like a stretch for K Hump and Ilyasova.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
Geaux_Hawks
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Post#890 » by Geaux_Hawks » Tue Jul 4, 2017 4:42 pm

If Ersan is available, I would take him back.
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#891 » by Spud2nique » Tue Jul 4, 2017 5:06 pm

jayu70 wrote:Thabo Sefolosha, Ersan Illyasova, Kris Humphries, Mike Muscala.....
1. Which of these remaining free agents do you want back, if any and at what price?

I don't want any of them back.Thinking they all walk due to unrestricted free agency and we prolly won't get much back.

This Crawford thing to the scrubs sounds fishy though I don't like it. Schlenk no favors please..no taking on Splitter to please ur x boss like Bud did. We TRADE Crawford or he can be miserable with us for a season buried on the bench...his call.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#892 » by jayu70 » Tue Jul 4, 2017 5:09 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
jayu70 wrote:Thabo Sefolosha, Ersan Illyasova, Kris Humphries, Mike Muscala.....

I don't want any of them back.Thinking they all walk due to unrestricted free agency and we prolly won't get much back.

This Crawford thing to the scrubs sounds fishy though I don't like it. Schlenk no favors please..no taking on Splitter to please ur x boss like Bud did. We TRADE Crawford or he can be miserable with us for a season buried on the bench...his call.

Your hate for the Warriors shines through :lol: .
Like Schlenk said, a buyout would need to greatly benefit the Hawks.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,603

Post#893 » by atlantabbq99 » Tue Jul 4, 2017 5:18 pm

I would like to help out the Spurs. With Manu gone, how about...

Belinelli for Blossomgame and a first round pick.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,648

Post#894 » by shrink » Thu Jul 6, 2017 5:14 pm

I think it's highly unlikely MIN uses a pick to dump Cole Aldrich.

shrink wrote:Obviously Aldrich can provide some defense, pick and roll, and rim protection, but even if he was injured and could provide no production whatsoever, he still is only $7.3 mil this year, and $6.95 mil TEAM option next season, with $2 mil guaranteed. Most teams would leap at the chance to get a pick for $9.3 mil, and so should we.

Even if we stretched Aldridge, His $9.3 mil for two years would become a cap hold of $1.86 in each of the next five years, and generate $5.44 mil cap space.

Even if Thibs didn't use him last year, he can still be productive - he showed that the previous season in LAC, who would love to have him back.

I figure you guys are looking through free agent big men right now, with only unproven Stone and Collins, and (ugh) Miles Plumlee [do I have that right?]. Aldrich is no star, but he's better than most free agents left, and guys like him are going to want 2-3 years worth of guaranteed money - while he's basically an expiring. He's more valuable to you than MIN, on the court and off, so it seems like we could find a middle ground. MIN's not going to give up assets like the OKC 1st, but they certainly aren't expecting assets either.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
macd-gm
Starter
And1: 2,515

Post#895 » by macd-gm » Thu Jul 6, 2017 7:26 pm

So are we buying out Jamal or trading him? Everyone is assuming he gets a buyout.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#896 » by Spud2nique » Thu Jul 6, 2017 8:20 pm

macd-gm wrote:So are we buying out Jamal or trading him? Everyone is assuming he gets a buyout.

I hate that the media assumes we are buying him out vs trading him. I hate the media being right about that even more.

Ahhhhhh only us.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#897 » by jayu70 » Thu Jul 6, 2017 9:03 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
macd-gm wrote:So are we buying out Jamal or trading him? Everyone is assuming he gets a buyout.

I hate that the media assumes we are buying him out vs trading him. I hate the media being right about that even more.

Ahhhhhh only us.

Jamal's value is really non-existant.
Read on Twitter
jayu70
RealGM

Post#898 » by jayu70 » Thu Jul 6, 2017 9:07 pm

ESPN trying to help the Cavs and Knicks using the Hawks:
The issue here is that Love doesn't really fit in New York unless the club moves Kristaps Porzingis to center, something there has been internal resistance to doing, sources say. Even if they moved Porzingis to center, that would mean bringing Willy Hernangomez off the bench and leaving Kyle O'Quinn and/or Joakim Noah at the back end of the rotation.

From the Cavs' perspective, they'd be left with an unbalanced roster that would force LeBron James to play primarily at power forward. That's why a three-team deal makes the most sense here.

Could the Atlanta Hawks emerge as the third team in a Melo-to-the-Cavs trade?

One scenario Marks presents is Cleveland getting Anthony, Atlanta getting Love and New York getting the Timberwolves' lottery-protected 2018 first-round pick that Atlanta has in its possession.

Cavaliers get:
Carmelo Anthony

Hawks get:
Kevin Love

Knicks get:
Marco Belinelli
2018 Minnesota first-round pick (lottery protected)

It seems like a poor return for New York, but it would allow the Knicks to get Anthony's contract ($54 million in total over the next two seasons) off the books. New York also would receive a first-round pick. Atlanta gets a replacement for Paul Millsap on a contract with fewer dollars and an All-Star in his late 20s.

Atlanta at the time does not have the required cap space to take in Love and would need to initiate a contract buyout with Jamal Crawford. It also would have to renounce every cap hold on its books except for Tim Hardaway Jr. and Mike Muscala.

While the deal fits on paper for Atlanta, keep in mind that under new GM Travis Schlenk, Atlanta has begun a full rebuild. Also, while Cleveland would get Anthony in this scenario, the roster imbalance issues would remain.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19841717/nba-potential-carmelo-anthony-trades-look-like
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#899 » by Spud2nique » Thu Jul 6, 2017 9:24 pm

jayu70 wrote:ESPN trying to help the Cavs and Knicks using the Hawks:
The issue here is that Love doesn't really fit in New York unless the club moves Kristaps Porzingis to center, something there has been internal resistance to doing, sources say. Even if they moved Porzingis to center, that would mean bringing Willy Hernangomez off the bench and leaving Kyle O'Quinn and/or Joakim Noah at the back end of the rotation.

From the Cavs' perspective, they'd be left with an unbalanced roster that would force LeBron James to play primarily at power forward. That's why a three-team deal makes the most sense here.

Could the Atlanta Hawks emerge as the third team in a Melo-to-the-Cavs trade?

One scenario Marks presents is Cleveland getting Anthony, Atlanta getting Love and New York getting the Timberwolves' lottery-protected 2018 first-round pick that Atlanta has in its possession.

Cavaliers get:
Carmelo Anthony

Hawks get:
Kevin Love

Knicks get:
Marco Belinelli
2018 Minnesota first-round pick (lottery protected)

It seems like a poor return for New York, but it would allow the Knicks to get Anthony's contract ($54 million in total over the next two seasons) off the books. New York also would receive a first-round pick. Atlanta gets a replacement for Paul Millsap on a contract with fewer dollars and an All-Star in his late 20s.

Atlanta at the time does not have the required cap space to take in Love and would need to initiate a contract buyout with Jamal Crawford. It also would have to renounce every cap hold on its books except for Tim Hardaway Jr. and Mike Muscala.

While the deal fits on paper for Atlanta, keep in mind that under new GM Travis Schlenk, Atlanta has begun a full rebuild. Also, while Cleveland would get Anthony in this scenario, the roster imbalance issues would remain.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19841717/nba-potential-carmelo-anthony-trades-look-like

Geez...when will the day arrive when we aren't used as an afterthought in a big trade..smh lol
Years80HAWKS
Junior
And1: 42

Post#900 » by Years80HAWKS » Fri Jul 7, 2017 8:49 pm

jayu70 wrote:
Years80HAWKS wrote:Ilyasova gone to the Sixers.

1st I've seen, link?

My bad.
A Hawks fan here in Spain wrote about it, and I believe he read the news of Ilyasova going to the Sixers just a few years ago, already.

Well, we have renewed Musky and we have to make a decision on Hardaway. We have one of the poorest rosters ever. I believe we should not match NY's offer, unless we can trade Baze.

We should see the next season as a time to develop young players (Prince, Bembry, Collins, Schröder, Dorsey) and wait for the draft.

Return to Atlanta Hawks