ImageImage

Kent Bazemore Thread?

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

BleedGreen1989
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,776

Kent Bazemore Thread? 

Post#1 » by BleedGreen1989 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:53 pm

Was looking around and figured there'd be a Kent thread on here discussing his season?

Sorry to say, but I've been going around and looking to write a piece for a blog on disappointing players to this point in the season and was including kent.

Anything we can dive into? I've seen maybe 2 Hawks games this season so I was hoping you all could help?

And1 and happy belated holidays to all!
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,486

Re: Kent Bazemore Thread? 

Post#2 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:59 pm

Seems like he's pressing, attempting to take on more of an offensive role following his huge contract signing.

Offensively, he's always been limited. This year he's been worse. It doesn't help that he takes the third most shot attempts on the team. (More than Dwight Howard.) His three point shot has abandoned him.

The change in PG likely affected him more than most. The lack of spacing without Teague and Horford limits his ability to cut into the paint for easy backdoor cuts and layups.

His offensive struggles actually date back to the latter half of the 2015-2016 season.

When his shot abandoned him...he became almost useless on the offensive side of the court. Bazemore's 3-pt shooting has decreased every season since he joined Atlanta.

our front office gave him a massive pay raise anyway. :(
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,486

Re: Kent Bazemore Thread? 

Post#3 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:49 pm

To his credit, he has surprisingly served adequately as a facilitator and de facto 3rd PG.

He just isn't very good as a shooter or scorer in general.

And his focus on offense has slightly effected his defensive intensity...

Return to Atlanta Hawks