ImageImage

Will the Schlenk/Budenholzer partnership work?

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

How will the Budenholzer and Schlenk relationship play out

Too soon to tell
29%
Doomed to failure
53%
Match made in heaven
18%

Total votes: 17

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,492

Re: Will the Schlenk/Budenholzer partnership work? 

Post#261 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:26 pm

Important life lesson: Everything comes to an end, guys. The responsible approach is to make sure we're prepared when it happens.

:roll: My word, I sound pretentious.
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#262 » by Spud2nique » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:36 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:So [we] can spending a lot of time worrying about something that’s never going to happen.

That's the nature of leadership, Spud.

At home. At work.

In the field. In the office.

We prepare for every scenario, so we don't get caught unprepared.

This is, clearly, an unpleasant conversation for a lot of folks here.

But it's not an unreasonable one.

Ok keep talking and “preparing” for it this summer while I take in some sun!
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#263 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:41 pm

^Just make sure you use the proper SPF.

kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Post#264 » by kg01 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:42 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:So [we] can spending a lot of time worrying about something that’s never going to happen.

At home. At work.

Hey, if me and the kg's come out west to vacay, we're totally staying at your place. Just tell your gf and her mom you need to crash with them for a while. We won't mess up your place too bad. :P
king01 :king:
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#265 » by Spud2nique » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:13 pm

kg01 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

At home. At work.

Hey, if me and the kg's come out west to vacay, we're totally staying at your place. Just tell your gf and her mom you need to crash with them for a while. We won't mess up your place too bad. :P

Margaritas in the fridge...for those drinking heavier, up top is where you find the Patron and Belvy!

Chips n dip on the table I’m at the pool all greased up in Hawaiian tropic..(it’s not so 90’s okkk)...it works in balance like everything else.

Itinerary:

Game of chicken starts in the pool promptly at 10am!

12:30 Lunch (no surprise here)

Focker out!
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#266 » by Spud2nique » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:14 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:^Just make sure you use the proper SPF.

Face up a$$ down? Wow Jamal, didn’t know that’s how u roll...lol.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#267 » by jayu70 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:03 pm

Read on Twitter
kg01
General Manager

Post#268 » by kg01 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:07 pm

jayu70 wrote:
Read on Twitter

One interesting comment in that twit feed is the one guy that suggests Forcier was the reason for Hezonja's(sp?) resurrection(sic). If Forcier ends up here, Hezonga(sp?) could follow (if we're interested).
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#269 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:15 pm

kg01 wrote:One interesting comment in that twit feed is the one guy that suggests Forcier was the reason for Hezonja's(sp?) resurrection(sic). If Forcier ends up here, Hezonga(sp?) could follow (if we're interested).

^Now this is some top notch speculation and dot-connecting. Well done.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Read on Twitter
MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#270 » by MaceCase » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:47 pm

jayu70 wrote:^Exactly. Bud is a much better coach than POB. Wilcox was still the GM. Both were handed roles they weren't ready for due to the Ferry fiasco. They were both learning on the job.

Precisely a point that gets overlooked is the fact Bud didn't sign on to the Hawks to be the PBO, he signed on to be part of a team under Ferry and Wilcox. He was given the job because of very extenuating circumstances where the team preferred to stay with familiar personnel rather than introduce a new voice into a hectic situation so the assertion of him being "demoted" is overstated. It would be an entirely different situation if Bud took on the job expecting to be PBO a la Doc, Thibs, and Van Gundy or campaigned for it a la Kidd and was then stripped.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
kg01
General Manager

Post#271 » by kg01 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:38 pm

MaceCase wrote:
jayu70 wrote:^Exactly. Bud is a much better coach than POB. Wilcox was still the GM. Both were handed roles they weren't ready for due to the Ferry fiasco. They were both learning on the job.

Precisely a point that gets overlooked is the fact Bud didn't sign on to the Hawks to be the PBO, he signed on to be part of a team under Ferry and Wilcox. He was given the job because of very extenuating circumstances where the team preferred to stay with familiar personnel rather than introduce a new voice into a hectic situation so the assertion of him being "demoted" is overstated. It would be an entirely different situation if Bud took on the job expecting to be PBO a la Doc, Thibs, and Van Gundy or campaigned for it a la Kidd and was then stripped.

Agree with all this. To ignore the circumstances behind why he was POBO in the first place and to assume he's miffed at the "demotion" is simply incomplete analysis IMHO.
macd-gm
Starter
And1: 2,515

Post#272 » by macd-gm » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:45 pm

I just wish Travis would be more unequivocal about wanting Bud as the head coach. So far all i've heard is 'I'm assuming he's coming back because no one has called me. He's a good coach'.
MaceCase
General Manager

Post#273 » by MaceCase » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:55 pm

kg01 wrote:
MaceCase wrote:

Agree with all this. To ignore the circumstances behind why he was POBO in the first place and to assume he's miffed at the "demotion" is simply incomplete analysis IMHO.

Look, the real issue here is we're all going to have to find the appropriate singular acronym for President of Basketball Operations if we ever hope to get it into the lexicon like FRP.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
macd-gm
Starter

Post#274 » by macd-gm » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:58 pm

MaceCase wrote:
kg01 wrote:
MaceCase wrote:Precisely a point that gets overlooked is the fact Bud didn't sign on to the Hawks to be the PBO, he signed on to be part of a team under Ferry and Wilcox. He was given the job because of very extenuating circumstances where the team preferred to stay with familiar personnel rather than introduce a new voice into a hectic situation so the assertion of him being "demoted" is overstated. It would be an entirely different situation if Bud took on the job expecting to be PBO a la Doc, Thibs, and Van Gundy or campaigned for it a la Kidd and was then stripped.

Look, the real issue here is we're all going to have to find the appropriate singular acronym for President of Basketball Operations if we ever hope to get it into the lexicon like FRP.

:lol: :lol:

It's PBBO
kg01
General Manager

Post#275 » by kg01 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:59 pm

macd-gm wrote:
MaceCase wrote:
kg01 wrote:

It's PBBO

You're just being difficult at this point. I think we all know POBO makes the most sense ... plus it sounds funny. Are we all in agreement here?
jayu70
RealGM

Post#276 » by jayu70 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:04 pm

kg01 wrote:
macd-gm wrote:
MaceCase wrote:Look, the real issue here is we're all going to have to find the appropriate singular acronym for President of Basketball Operations if we ever hope to get it into the lexicon like FRP.

It's PBBO

You're just being difficult at this point. I think we all know POBO makes the most sense ... plus it sounds funny. Are we all in agreement here?

:lol: This requires a 'pole'
POB, PBO, POBO, PBBO. :lol: :lol:
MaceCase
General Manager

Post#277 » by MaceCase » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:04 pm

kg01 wrote:
macd-gm wrote:
MaceCase wrote:Look, the real issue here is we're all going to have to find the appropriate singular acronym for President of Basketball Operations if we ever hope to get it into the lexicon like FRP.

It's PBBO

Nonsense, we don't chant "USOA!". PBO is most appropriate 8-)
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
macd-gm
Starter

Post#278 » by macd-gm » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:06 pm

MaceCase wrote:
kg01 wrote:
macd-gm wrote: :lol: :lol:

It's PBBO

What about POTUS?
jayu70
RealGM

Post#279 » by jayu70 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:08 pm

macd-gm wrote:
MaceCase wrote:
kg01 wrote:

What about POTUS?

Boooooom.
MaceCase
General Manager

Post#280 » by MaceCase » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:11 pm

macd-gm wrote:
MaceCase wrote:
kg01 wrote:

What about POTUS?

Dang it, other Mac! Just let me have something nice!
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core

Return to Atlanta Hawks