ImageImage

Dwight Howard traded to Charlotte Hornets

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Re: Dwight Howard traded to Charlotte Hornets 

Post#81 » by Spud2nique » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:27 pm

Ps Next time we talk about Dwight, it’ll be how he was either injured in the playoffs or gave up on his teammates...no joke.
macd-gm
Starter
And1: 2,515

Post#82 » by macd-gm » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:01 pm

kg01 wrote:
graymule wrote::D

WOW! Superman does it again! Read all about how, last night, he had bushels of points and rebounds. This
had not been done many times recently in the NBA.

Ain't he wonderful !! He's their leader and they are only 6.5 games out of 8th place in the east! Wow !

Some ex Hawks I pull for (Sixers) and some I don't. Guess who??

:crazy:

Funny I heard a caller on NBARadio speak as if this debunks what Dennis said. I say the exact opposite. It confirms that Howard picks/chooses when to play hard and that the picking doesn't necessarily line up with big games like a real superstar would do.

And I'm sure Dennis' comments probably had a little to do with it. That and ....it's the NETS.
graymule
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,422

Post#83 » by graymule » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:45 pm

:D

All this record setting and, in the same game, which his team won, he got another tech foul and will be
suspended for one game (Tonight's game) without pay because he has gone over the limit for tech fouls.

Want to bet who wins this game without their Superman?

:lol:
graymule
Bench Warmer

Post#84 » by graymule » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:18 pm

Now we know! Just how important is Superman to the Hornets? He had all those points and rebounds in their
loss. He gets suspended by the NBA due to all those tech fouls. He is out and Hornets win 140- 79 !!

graymule
Bench Warmer

Post#85 » by graymule » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:51 pm

Today:

Dwight Howard traded by the Hornets.

He's going to the Nets!

Poor DH. He can't carry his team to the promise land, therefore he moves on. We see it, over and over.

Now, where will the Nets end up this season?

macd-gm
Starter

Post#86 » by macd-gm » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:08 pm

I think it's time we hear the real story of who wanted Dwight on the Hawks. It makes no sense as a Bud move. He's the most anti-Budball player in the league. I've always expected that order to sign him came from the very top. Resseller was determined to have a markee player and make noise in the playoffs.
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,495

Post#87 » by dms269 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:22 pm

macd-gm wrote:I think it's time we hear the real story of who wanted Dwight on the Hawks. It makes no sense as a Bud move. He's the most anti-Budball player in the league. I've always expected that order to sign him came from the very top. Resseller was determined to have a markee player and make noise in the playoffs.

SMH!

It's okay, you can admit that Bud isn't as good as we all thought. Bud probably brought in Dwight because he messed up and lost Al. I think it was more of a "can I save my job" type of move.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
macd-gm
Starter

Post#88 » by macd-gm » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:25 pm

dms269 wrote:
macd-gm wrote:I think it's time we hear the real story of who wanted Dwight on the Hawks. It makes no sense as a Bud move. He's the most anti-Budball player in the league. I've always expected that order to sign him came from the very top. Resseller was determined to have a markee player and make noise in the playoffs.

SMH!

It's okay, you can admit that Bud isn't as good as we all thought. Bud probably brought in Dwight because he messed up and lost Al. I think it was more of a "can I save my job" type of move.

He signed Dwight before negotiations with Al ended. Although it is a good point. I think he may have thought Sap/Al/Dwight would work. Still not believing he wanted Dwight for real though.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,932

Post#89 » by jayu70 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:35 pm

macd-gm wrote:
dms269 wrote:

SMH!

He signed Dwight before negotiations with Al ended. Although it is a good point. I think he may have thought Sap/Al/Dwight would work. Still not believing he wanted Dwight for real though.

Just heard on local ATL radio: Bud did not want Dwight but 'Elements' in the front office did. I'm thinking Ressker and Koonin.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,500

Post#90 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:53 pm

jayu70 wrote:Just heard on local ATL radio: Bud did not want Dwight but 'Elements' in the front office did. I'm thinking Ressker and Koonin.

This certainly exonerates Bud a bit more in my eyes.

(Not fully because of that ridiculous Bazemore contract and a refusal to trade Millsap.)

But it also explains why Bud would want to put the screws to ownership in general (and Ressler specifically) this summer in buyout negotiations.

Let us be relieved that, by all accounts, this is now someone else's show to run.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#91 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:25 pm

Dwight Howard’s Endless Spiral Continues Anew in Brooklyn

The future Hall of Famer has been traded again for familiar reasons. It’s difficult to see things playing out any differently with the Nets than they did at each of his previous five stops

On Wednesday, the Charlotte Hornets agreed to deal Dwight to Brooklyn for Timofey Mozgov, the 45th pick in Thursday’s draft, a 2021 second-rounder, and cash. The Nets will be his fourth team since 2016, and the trade comes exactly one year after he was sent to the Hornets in the first place. Atlanta shipped his contract away for a return of Miles Plumlee, Marco Belinelli, and a second-rounder. The Dwight trades over the past two seasons are examples of history repeating itself in more ways than one. Both involved Dwight’s former team taking on a big with a price tag no one in their right mind would pay under normal circumstances. And both had Howard’s newly former teams heaving huge sighs of relief.

”The locker room did not like Dwight Howard,” ESPN’s Brendan Haywood said. “Guys were just sick and tired of his act.”

Tales of the Atlanta locker room from last year after Dwight’s send-off were far more colorful. Three months after he was traded from the Hawks, Zach Lowe mentioned on his podcast stories of “Hawks players learning about the trade and screaming with jubilation into their phones.”

This is what Dwight Howard is known for in 2018.
The Ringer
jayu70
RealGM

Post#92 » by jayu70 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:26 pm

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#93 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:27 pm

Read on Twitter
jayu70
RealGM

Post#94 » by jayu70 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:35 pm

Sigh, No mention of the cap savings of $12 million THIS offseason that may come in handy at the draft or FAcy. OK Brad.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

Post#95 » by HMFFL » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:17 pm

I seriously laughed too hard at the tweets.

Sent from my SM-N920P using RealGM mobile app
jayu70
RealGM

Post#96 » by jayu70 » Thu Jul 5, 2018 11:44 pm

Read on Twitter

dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,495

Post#97 » by dms269 » Thu Jul 5, 2018 11:52 pm

jayu70 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Hmmmm...where have we heard that before?
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
graymule
Bench Warmer

Post#98 » by graymule » Fri Jul 6, 2018 12:59 pm

"The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get." DH Always seems to play well against his ex teams. List is growing!
macd-gm
Starter

Post#99 » by macd-gm » Fri Jul 6, 2018 4:02 pm

It's not the perception on him that needs to change, it's the reality of him.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

Post#100 » by HMFFL » Fri Jul 6, 2018 6:10 pm

jayu70 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Ah, it makes it difficult to ring chase, when nobody likes you..lol
Golden State denying him must have opened his eyes. Dwight has never changed within the locker room at this point during his career so it's safe to assume he won't ever change. Such a wasted talent!

Return to Atlanta Hawks