Read on Twitter

wow...
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,500

Re: Hawks sign Ty Dorsey to Multi year Guaranteed Contract 

Post#2 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Jul 7, 2017 1:41 pm

Schlenk clearly has faith in what this kid can become. A good sign. Might be time to re-visit the scouting report on this kid and evaluate what his ceiling is.

Read on Twitter

Who gets more PT this year - Dorsey or Bembry?
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Re: Hawks sign 2nd Rounder Dorsey to Guaranteed Contract 

Post#3 » by Spud2nique » Fri Jul 7, 2017 3:14 pm

I'm gonna say Bembry gets more burn that Dorsey but we may have an all out baller in Tyler here. I like his fearlessness.
Geaux_Hawks
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Re: Hawks sign Ty Dorsey to Multi year Guaranteed Contract 

Post#4 » by Geaux_Hawks » Sat Jul 8, 2017 12:09 am

Jamaaliver wrote:Schlenk clearly has faith in what this kid can become. A good sign. Might be time to re-visit the scouting report on this kid and evaluate what his ceiling is.

Read on Twitter

Who gets more PT this year - Dorsey or Bembry?

Dorsey, unless Bembry makes a leap this summer.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#5 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:36 pm

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#6 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:03 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

That's unfortunate for the young fella. Might be his only chance to compete at that level.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#7 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Aug 9, 2017 1:42 pm

Read on Twitter

Oliver Maroney wrote:Dorsey doesn't need the ball in his hands to be effective. He's an incredible shooter, but what we saw in the NCAA tournament was sheer volume. For him to feel comfortable, I think Oregon realized they needed him to have the ball to see the best of Dorsey. This, to me, became an issue. Even though you saw his career-highs and big moments come in the tournament, you knew he could be just as lethal without the ball but he hadn't shown much of that.

Defensively -- Oregon found they got the best out of Dorsey when they put the ball in his hands and let him "run wild". When that's happening, he seems to buy-in on defense more. Even so, do I think he can be an elite defender? No. He's not going to win you games on the defensive end of the floor, but I think there are ways the Hawks could hide him on defense...

[Dorsey] is an elite shooter. If he could have the confidence without the ball like he has with it, Dorsey could become an extremely effective offensive guard. His shooting is pure, natural and very consistent while his ability to work off-the-ball has shown promise. He's one of the more polished and mechanically sound shooters that I've seen.
macd-gm
Starter
And1: 2,515

Post#8 » by macd-gm » Wed Aug 9, 2017 3:17 pm

A lot of talk about Dorsey's shooting but can he handle the ball and finish at the rim? I've seen very little of him.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

Post#9 » by HMFFL » Wed Aug 9, 2017 11:45 pm

Dorsey receiving a guarantee contract doesn't surprise me. The young man is very talent and I look forward to watching him play during his rookie season. We have nothing to lose.
dorkestra
RealGM
And1: 12,674

Post#10 » by dorkestra » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:30 pm

I think he's going to stick around in this league for a long time. Great pickup for you guys.
folks who quote what I wrote get choked
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,933

Post#11 » by jayu70 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:20 am

Read on Twitter
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,933

Post#12 » by jayu70 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:21 am

Read on Twitter
macd-gm
Starter

Post#13 » by macd-gm » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:19 pm

I just have a totally uneducated feeling that this guy is going to be really good. I have no idea why since I've barely seen him play.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#14 » by Spud2nique » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:57 pm

macd-gm wrote:I just have a totally uneducated feeling that this guy is going to be really good. I have no idea why since I've barely seen him play.

Ok, what the heck is going on here Mac? I seemed to always agree with your thoughts and predictions but like the Kyrie/IT difference of opinion, we have another one here.

I hope you and right and I am dead wrong but I'm not loving the complete package he brings to the table. I feel as though he's too slow for being so small. If you are small, you need a bit more speed for the NBA than average speed to compensate. I'm not sure he's a great passer, or good enough to stick. Also, the fact that there aren't too many short two guards or combo guards that make it in the league at all.

I will say one thing. He's got some confidence and what the kids call "schhhhhwwwwaaaggg"...if that swag comes from deep within himself and it's a confidence he has that separates him from the rest, then it shows that he has an immeasurable heart and a good chance to stick.

Again, I really hope you are right and I am wrong because I would love a shooter like him on our roster.
macd-gm
Starter

Post#15 » by macd-gm » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:23 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
macd-gm wrote:I just have a totally uneducated feeling that this guy is going to be really good. I have no idea why since I've barely seen him play.

Ok, what the heck is going on here Mac? I seemed to always agree with your thoughts and predictions but like the Kyrie/IT difference of opinion, we have another one here.

I hope you and right and I am dead wrong but I'm not loving the complete package he brings to the table. I feel as though he's too slow for being so small. If you are small, you need a bit more speed for the NBA than average speed to compensate. I'm not sure he's a great passer, or good enough to stick. Also, the fact that there aren't too many short two guards or combo guards that make it in the league at all.

I will say one thing. He's got some confidence and what the kids call "schhhhhwwwwaaaggg"...if that swag comes from deep within himself and it's a confidence he has that separates him from the rest, then it shows that he has an immeasurable heart and a good chance to stick.

Again, I really hope you are right and I am wrong because I would love a shooter like him on our roster.

Well i'm not predicting he's going to be good as much as having hunch. Just seems like he has some determination to prove people wrong as well as great shooting ability.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#16 » by Spud2nique » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:55 pm

macd-gm wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:

Well i'm not predicting he's going to be good as much as having hunch. Just seems like he has some determination to prove people wrong as well as great shooting ability.

Again hope ur right. For me, I've seen too many of these players come in and not make. One that comes to my memory that I really really loved was Travis Mays back in 91...we got him from the Kings and I just thought he had a nice game...didn't pan out..but he did have some serious injuries with his knee if I recall.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

Post#17 » by HMFFL » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:37 pm

jayu70 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Good to know and congrats to Dorsey.
This must be very satisfying for him and his family.

Like I mentioned a few post up, the guarantee contract Atlanta gave him didn't surprise me, but Nike giving him a shoe deal does.
macd-gm
Starter

Post#18 » by macd-gm » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:06 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
macd-gm wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:

Again hope ur right. For me, I've seen too many of these players come in and not make. One that comes to my memory that I really really loved was Travis Mays back in 91...we got him from the Kings and I just thought he had a nice game...didn't pan out..but he did have some serious injuries with his knee if I recall.

Or he may be John Jenkins 2.0
graymule
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,422

Post#19 » by graymule » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:32 pm

Apparently, someone in Atlanta front office knows something. Having an injury and not being able to compete in summer league did not keep them from giving him his contract. Usually, NBA teams do not give out guaranteed contracts to second round draft picks with no more to go on than what we, the fans, have seen.
Experts, those talking heads we are familiar with, expect this version of our beloved Hawks to struggle to win many games over the twenty mark. We need something to boost our hopes. Last season's rookies and our two draft picks this summer is what we must base our faint hopes on.
macd-gm
Starter

Post#20 » by macd-gm » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:42 pm

graymule wrote:Apparently, someone in Atlanta front office knows something. Having an injury and not being able to compete in summer league did not keep them from giving him his contract. Usually, NBA teams do not give out guaranteed contracts to second round draft picks with no more to go on than what we, the fans, have seen.
Experts, those talking heads we are familiar with, expect this version of our beloved Hawks to struggle to win many games over the twenty mark. We need something to boost our hopes. Last season's rookies and our two draft picks this summer is what we must base our faint hopes on.

I'm not one to want to have our team lose but i've resigned to the fact this season it's the best thing. My hope is we can get a top 2 pick this year and then return back to the playoff picture next season.

Return to Atlanta Hawks