48%

Total votes: 25

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Re: Absurdly early 2018 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#4361 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:57 pm

Spud2nique wrote:Oh I just want to add in about my initial 2 guys of the draft Doncic and Mikal. I believe I truly loved their games and that’s why I was drawn to them...but last night I found out I was apparently subconsciously in love with their moms!

Stay away from Mirjam!!!

MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#4362 » by MaceCase » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:28 pm

Windle wore a sash but he’s channeling a super popular movie.

Trae wore suit shorts channeling LeBron walking in and out of a sweep. That’s a bold choice.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#4363 » by Spud2nique » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:33 pm

Last but certainly not least or forgotten..congrats to macdaddy! We landed his initial boy!

Spud- Doncic/Mikal

Kg- Porter/Okogie

Macdaddy- Trae

Jamaal- Wendell/Lonnie Walker

Ps Jamaal there was a point last night during the draft that Lonnie wasn’t getting picked...I thought we had him... oh man. I think you may be right on him. He looks pretty legit and now that Pop picked him, I have a weird feeling he will be pretty darn good. Nice call Brad!
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#4364 » by Spud2nique » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:34 pm

MaceCase wrote:Windle wore a sash but he’s channeling a super popular movie.

Trae wore suit shorts channeling LeBron walking in and out of a sweep. That’s a bold choice.

He’s got IT. And I don’t mean Isaiah I mean Isiah!
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#4365 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:40 pm

Spud2nique wrote:Jamaal- Wendell/Lonnie Walker

Ps Jamaal there was a point last night during the draft that Lonnie wasn’t getting picked...I thought we had him... oh man. I think you may be right on him. He looks pretty legit and now that Pop picked him, I have a weird feeling he will be pretty darn good. Nice call Brad!

Trav has commented admitted he almost traded up to #17 with MIL. But he backed out when he knew that his two SG choices were still on the board.

Spoiler:
“Last night, for instance, we had the 19th pick, and we’re coming down and we’re actually talking to Milwaukee on the 17th pick, talking about trading up to get a guy we like,” Schlenk said. “There’s were a couple of guys we felt really good about on the 19th pick, obviously Kevin [Huerter] was one of them, and it leaked who Milwaukee was going to take.

“So, all of a sudden, we were able to pull back out of that deal and keep the draft pick instead of packaging picks to move up because we knew that, two guys on the board we felt really good about and only one team in between us, so that was beneficial to us last night.” -Travis Schlenk

Huerter was obviously one. It's likely Lonnie was the other.

That boy seems like he'll be a stud coming up through Spurs University.

NOTE: I'm sure he'll see copious amounts of time with their G-League team this season. I hope we do the same with Huerter, Omari and Young Trae.
macd-gm
Starter
And1: 2,515

Post#4366 » by macd-gm » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:46 pm

Spud2nique wrote:Last but certainly not least or forgotten..congrats to macdaddy! We landed his initial boy!

Spud- Doncic/Mikal

Kg- Porter/Okogie

Macdaddy- Trae

It had to be Trae because he wasn't even in this poll! lol.

Honestly I would have been happy with Luka too but I think people continue to underrate Trae and that fact that we got a potential lottery pick next year just to select the guy we wanted anyway? That's pretty damn good.

I have confidence in Trae but he could bust i guess. For some reason everyone acts like Luka is a sure star but I think that's far from the truth.

I expect by the draft next year there won't be any consensus on who the better player is and if we have a 6-10 pick to make from Dallas everyone will be pretty happy.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#4367 » by Spud2nique » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:54 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:Jamaal- Wendell/Lonnie Walker

Trav has commented admitted he almost traded up to #17 with MIL. But he backed out when he knew that his two SG choices were still on the board.

Huerter was abviously one. It's likely Lonnie was the other.

That boy seems like he'll be a stud coming up the Spurs University.

NOTE: I'm sure he'll see copious amounts of time with their G-League team this season. I hope we do the same with Huerter, Omari and Young Trae.

Agreed. After Spurs University, Walker IV could be a baby Kawhi type. Omg. Good franchises make good picks.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#4368 » by Spud2nique » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:55 pm

macd-gm wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:Last but certainly not least or forgotten..congrats to macdaddy! We landed his initial boy!

Spud- Doncic/Mikal

Kg- Porter/Okogie

Macdaddy- Trae

Honestly I would have been happy with Luka too but I think people continue to underrate Trae and that fact that we got a potential lottery pick next year just to select the guy we wanted anyway? That's pretty damn good.

I have confidence in Trae but he could bust i guess. For some reason everyone acts like Luka is a sure star but I think that's far from the truth.

I expect by the draft next year there won't be any consensus on who the better player is and if we have a 6-10 pick to make from Dallas everyone will be pretty happy.

Agreed he was 3rd on my list behind Luka and Bagley. 4th was Porter but apparently his back is horrible. We needed a FACE. We got one.

I don’t want to jump the gun but I’ve seen players before, Trae is different. He’s the chosen one for us.
macd-gm
Starter
And1: 2,515

Post#4369 » by macd-gm » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:00 pm

I don't think people will be upset about Luka vs Trae in a few years. Missing on Lonnie by 1 pick maybe the one that haunts us.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#4370 » by Spud2nique » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:07 pm

macd-gm wrote:I don't think people will be upset about Luka vs Trae in a few years. Missing on Lonnie by 1 pick maybe the one that haunts us.

No I agree. History does tend to repeat itself but I don’t think Doncic will be Dirk. Dallas took a risk at a lost cost for them imo...time will tell if it was a good one.
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,289

Post#4371 » by Jstock12 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:38 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
macd-gm wrote:I don't think people will be upset about Luka vs Trae in a few years. Missing on Lonnie by 1 pick maybe the one that haunts us.

No I agree. History does tend to repeat itself but I don’t think Doncic will be Dirk. Dallas took a risk at a lost cost for them imo...time will tell if it was a good one.

It's almost a guarantee that nobody in this draft (or the next draft, or the draft after that, etc.) will be Dirk. Dirk's a top5 scorer in NBA history. There were only 5 players like him, ever. That being said, Doncic isn't the Dirk-type of player. Luka's main attribute will be his playmaking, scoring will only be the secondary thing.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#4372 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:40 pm

There's a reason this kid fell out of the lottery. Brad has his work cut out for him.

Robert Williams admits oversleeping introductory conference call with Celtics

Robert Williams, the Boston Celtics' first-round selection in the 2018 draft, admitted he overslept the team's originally scheduled introductory conference call on Friday morning, although the team believes it was simply a miscommunication compounded by different time zones.

The Celtics were not concerned about the missed call, in part because of the time difference. Poor audio hindered the follow-up call as Williams' phone broke up repeatedly while answering questions during a 10-minute session with reporters.

The Celtics were deemed one of the night's winners after Williams slid to them. Williams seems to already have motivation from those that doubt him, especially after falling in the first round.
ESPN

I'm guessing he was too hungover after the biggest night of his young life.

Welcome to the pros, son.
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,434

Post#4373 » by CP War Hawks » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:41 pm

KH was Schlenks guy. He supposedly was going to trade up with Milwaukee for him. I'm ready RIP the 2018 draft, it was hella draining.

Time to tank for Barrett and Little.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#4374 » by Spud2nique » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:00 pm

CP War Hawks wrote:

KH was Schlenks guy. He supposedly was going to trade up with Milwaukee for him. I'm ready RIP the 2018 draft, it was hella draining.

Time to tank for Barrett and Little.

Agreed I need a vaca!
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,562

Post#4375 » by Bob8 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:27 pm

macd-gm wrote:

Spud- Doncic/Mikal

Kg- Porter/Okogie

Macdaddy- Trae

I believe the bet Trae against Luka is the worst in this draft. I kinda can understand people’s narrative about Luka being unathletic and bad defender, when he’s compared to freaking Ninjas. But all this scares shouldn’t be around, when he’s compared to 6’1”, 190 Trae.
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,690

Post#4376 » by Johnny Firpo » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:20 pm

Rooting for the kid, I would have wanted us to consider him at 5. He is maybe more of a risk than Doncic, whom I had first on my board, but you can't really deny his upside. He could end up being the best player of this draft. Ballsy pick, and I like those. In today's NBA, you have to draft for upside, and if you feel that Young has the most upside at 3, you draft him, it's really that simple.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#4377 » by Spud2nique » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:35 pm

Bob8 wrote:
macd-gm wrote:

Spud- Doncic/Mikal

Kg- Porter/Okogie

Macdaddy- Trae

I believe the bet Trae against Luka is the worst in this draft. I kinda can understand people’s narrative about Luka being unathletic and bad defender, when he’s compared to freaking Ninjas. But all this scares shouldn’t be around, when he’s compared to 6’1”, 190 Trae.

6’2”
Radioblacktive1
Senior
And1: 554

Post#4378 » by Radioblacktive1 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:48 am

I want Zion next year. I don’t care. That kid is a freak of nature and I want to be the team that gets to mold him into greatness.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#4379 » by Spud2nique » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:13 am

Radioblacktive1 wrote:I want Zion next year. I don’t care. That kid is a freak of nature and I want to be the team that gets to mold him into greatness.

I’m kind of on board with that. Been wanting him for a while even if he might not fit our team. He’s a beast for sure.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,603

Post#4380 » by atlantabbq99 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:34 am

I'm watching film now, Zion and Nazreon Reid look really bad, their size and ball skills look like Anthony Bennett clones

RJ Barrett reminds me of Justice Winslow. Nassir Little is not a Vince athletic and doesn't seem to have any ball skills.

Bol Bol looks interesting, only because he looks like a longer version of Bamba.

Return to Atlanta Hawks