ImageImage

Hawks Board Non-Sports Talk

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Re: Hawks Board Non-Sports Talk 

Post#221 » by kg01 » Mon Feb 5, 2018 1:37 pm

MaceCase wrote:Man I hit the trifecta this weekend. St. John’s beat Duke, Hawks beat the Knicks, Eagles beat the Pats. If I hear kg stubbed his big toe while getting a late night snack or had to babysit a drunken BIL I’m sending the staff home for the week.

BIL jokes, huh? Man that's low, Mace. That hurts.

And who still follows St. Johns? This aint 1987, macec.
king01 :king:
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,492

Post#222 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Feb 5, 2018 1:47 pm

I honestly think it's in this dude's best interest to walk away now. Injuries have ravaged this kid for years.

Read on Twitter

If this was Gronkowski's last game, he went out in style with nine catches for 116 yards and two touchdowns.

The dynamic Patriots pass-catcher has already established himself as one of the best tight ends in NFL history even at a relatively young age. He is a five-time Pro Bowler, four-time All-Pro and two-time Super Bowl champion and even won the 2014 Comeback Player of the Year.

However, Gronkowski has struggled to stay healthy throughout his career. The time the tight end had nine reported surgeries since 2009—his final year at the University of Arizona. Four of those operations were on his forearm, while three were on his back.

He also suffered a concussion in this year's AFC Championship Game victory over the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Bleacher Report
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#223 » by Spud2nique » Mon Feb 5, 2018 4:03 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:I honestly think it's in this dude's best interest to walk away now. Injuries have ravaged this kid for years.

Read on Twitter

If this was Gronkowski's last game, he went out in style with nine catches for 116 yards and two touchdowns.

The dynamic Patriots pass-catcher has already established himself as one of the best tight ends in NFL history even at a relatively young age. He is a five-time Pro Bowler, four-time All-Pro and two-time Super Bowl champion and even won the 2014 Comeback Player of the Year.

However, Gronkowski has struggled to stay healthy throughout his career. The time the tight end had nine reported surgeries since 2009—his final year at the University of Arizona. Four of those operations were on his forearm, while three were on his back.

He also suffered a concussion in this year's AFC Championship Game victory over the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Bleacher Report

I’m kind of hoping he continues to play...then stick him down in the basement with some buffalo wings...his favorite!

Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#224 » by Spud2nique » Mon Feb 5, 2018 4:09 pm

MaceCase wrote:Man I hit the trifecta this weekend. St. John’s beat Duke, Hawks beat the Knicks, Eagles beat the Pats. If I hear kg stubbed his big toe while getting a late night snack or had to babysit a drunken BIL I’m sending the staff home for the week.

Congrats on the Eagles Mace! When the Eagles won it gave me hope that someday the Hawks might as well. I have to ask you as a diehard Hawks fan for 32 years...did you ever think the Eagles were going to win the Super Bowl? Just wondering since you are a fan of both. Sometimes I wonder if the Hawks will ever get there...

Just seems hopeless at times.

Anyways, good job in beating the Patriots...cuz well, it’s Boston so..
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#225 » by jayu70 » Mon Feb 5, 2018 5:19 pm

Spud2nique wrote:

Congrats on the Eagles Mace! When the Eagles won it gave me hope that someday the Hawks might as well. I have to ask you as a diehard Hawks fan for 32 years...did you ever think the Eagles were going to win the Super Bowl? Just wondering since you are a fan of both. Sometimes I wonder if the Hawks will ever get there...

You are in a bad spot Spud. Hawks AND Lions. Wowzer.
MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#226 » by MaceCase » Mon Feb 5, 2018 5:49 pm

kg01 wrote:

Oh yea? That sounds like around the last time anyone followed GT :wink:
Oh wait, I forgot they took an L from the Big East in the early 2000s so that was the last last time anyone followed GT :wink: :wink: .

Spud2nique wrote:

Well, I watched them lose 3 straight NFC Championship games and a Super Bowl. So if you want to talk about serious liver damage imagine being at the cusp for half a decade only to bow out in embarrassing fashion when you thought all momentum was in your favor? Couple THAT with watching hated rivals of all the teams I follow pop up out of nowhere and win rings or extend dynasties. Makes you cherish that victory even more when it happens though! #FlyEaglesFly
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
kg01
General Manager

Post#227 » by kg01 » Mon Feb 5, 2018 6:36 pm

MaceCase wrote:
kg01 wrote:

Oh wait, I forgot they took an L from the Big East in the early 2000s so that was the last last time anyone followed GT :wink: :wink: .

I mean ... but why did he ... I jus' ... I ..

I mean, can we all agree that was truly over the line? Stuff like that would drive me to randomly quit if I were a mod. :)
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#228 » by Spud2nique » Mon Feb 5, 2018 6:53 pm

jayu70 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:

Yeaaa...that’s why I’m 41 going on 65... :cry:

But good news...we get the Pats D coach as our head... :-?
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#229 » by jayu70 » Mon Feb 5, 2018 6:56 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:

Haha, learn something - things in Boston are only great when they are there. :D
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#230 » by Spud2nique » Mon Feb 5, 2018 6:57 pm

MaceCase wrote:
kg01 wrote:

Spud2nique wrote:

Well, I watched them lose 3 straight NFC Championship games and a Super Bowl. So if you want to talk about serious liver damage imagine being at the cusp for half a decade only to bow out in embarrassing fashion when you thought all momentum was in your favor? Couple THAT with watching hated rivals of all the teams I follow pop up out of nowhere and win rings or extend dynasties. Makes you cherish that victory even more when it happens though! #FlyEaglesFly

Dang..I want that feeling that you had last night ( when the eagles won ...not later last night)...

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/4da5a6a8-e748-4efc-b6b9-f61d835b3fc0
kg01
General Manager

Post#231 » by kg01 » Mon Feb 5, 2018 7:17 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
MaceCase wrote:
kg01 wrote:

Spud2nique wrote:

Dang..I want that feeling that you had last night ( when the eagles won ...not later last night)...

C'mon spud2, this is mace we're talking about. You could get that feeling he had last night for $10 on any corner in Ameri .... ohhhh, you meant. Nevermind. :wink:
MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#232 » by MaceCase » Mon Feb 5, 2018 7:24 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:

It's kind of hilarious but the Eagles made fans of the Giants and Lions a lil wary of their new coaching hires.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#233 » by Spud2nique » Mon Feb 5, 2018 7:40 pm

MaceCase wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
jayu70 wrote:You are in a bad spot Spud. Hawks AND Lions. Wowzer.

It's kind of hilarious but the Eagles made fans of the Giants and Lions a lil wary of their new coaching hires.

And did I hear Collinsworth or Al Michaels say that Patricia would be coaching the Pistons?..

I don’t think our defense can get much worse..
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#234 » by Spud2nique » Mon Feb 5, 2018 7:41 pm

kg01 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
MaceCase wrote:Oh yea? That sounds like around the last time anyone followed GT :wink:

C'mon spud2, this is mace we're talking about. You could get that feeling he had last night for $10 on any corner in Ameri .... ohhhh, you meant. Nevermind. :wink:

8-) :lol:
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#235 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Feb 6, 2018 4:17 pm

Newsflash:

Read on Twitter

Update:

Water is wet.

Fire is hot.
macd-gm
Starter
And1: 2,515

Post#236 » by macd-gm » Tue Feb 6, 2018 5:08 pm

Well I"m not worried about the traffic. With all the public transit options we have on the drawing board we'll fix th.......what?.......nothing on the board?........just going to keep adding lanes?........
Ok, well i'll see you guys on the road!
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#237 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Feb 7, 2018 3:48 pm

Can we all agree the above is 100% proof that Tyrion is a secret Targaryen and destined to fly a dragon into battle at some point?

I'm taking it as canon at this point.

Spoiler:
Tywin agrees with me!!!

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#238 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:58 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Senator Chris Murphy wrote:This happens nowhere else other than the United States of America. This epidemic of mass slaughter, this scourge of school shooting after school shooting. It only happens here, not because of coincidence, not because of bad luck, but as a consequence of our inaction. We are responsible.
Yahoo
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#239 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:46 pm

My GIF game is about to take a huuuuge hit:

Google to kill off 'View image' button in search

Google's deal this month with stock-photo agency Getty to end their legal spat carries one very noticeable provision: the "View image" button will be removed from Google Images search results.

A source familiar with the matter confirmed to The Register on Tuesday that the "View image" button will indeed disappear from all of Google's photo search pages from this week onwards as a result of this resolution with Getty. The copyright notice alongside each snap will also be made more obvious.

The deal comes after Getty lodged gripes with regulators in both the US and Europe over Google Images.
The Register
macd-gm
Starter
And1: 2,515

Post#240 » by macd-gm » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:52 pm

I don't even see a 'view image' button. Are they talking about when you click the small image and it shows you a larger one? Now it'll just take you to the website or what?

Return to Atlanta Hawks