Re: Hawks Board Non-Sports Talk 

Post#761 » by Spud2nique » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:15 am

Jamaaliver wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:No, why do you ask?

:lol: it’s under ur name.

Well, I'll be gobsmacked.

Then it must be so...

You mind if I borrow that for my signature this year? It would look mighty nice under my name. :wink:

As Larry Bird said..whose coming in 2nd?
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,470

Post#762 » by Jamaaliver » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:35 am

Spud2nique wrote:You mind if I borrow that for my signature this year? It would look mighty nice under my name. :wink:

Oh, I do mind. I had to pull a lot of strings to get this specially crafted 'Title Card'.

I also had to win the NCAA Bracket Challenge for this site, so...if you want it. You gots to take it from me.

Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#763 » by Spud2nique » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:01 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:You mind if I borrow that for my signature this year? It would look mighty nice under my name. :wink:

Oh, I do mind. I had to pull a lot of strings to get this specially crafted 'Title Card'.

I also had to win the NCAA Bracket Challenge for this site, so...if you want it. You gots to take it from me.

Oh I will..-Vince Carter
azuresou1
Head Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#764 » by azuresou1 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:09 am

After what seems like an eternity following this team, I'll be going to my first ever Hawks home game next month! (No I don't live in Atlanta)

Any recommendations on kid-friendly things to do around Phillips, before/after the game? Current leading option is getting them cranked up at World of Coca Cola :lol:

In all seriousness looking for recommendations on what to do in Atlanta, and especially where to eat
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,917

Post#765 » by jayu70 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:20 am

azuresou1 wrote:After what seems like an eternity following this team, I'll be going to my first ever Hawks home game next month! (No I don't live in Atlanta)

Any recommendations on kid-friendly things to do around Phillips, before/after the game? Current leading option is getting them cranked up at World of Coca Cola :lol:

In all seriousness looking for recommendations on what to do in Atlanta, and especially where to eat

GA Aquarium, World of Coca-Cola (in the tasting room you have got to try the 'Beverly', SkyView (ferris wheel view of the city), Center for Civil and Human Rights, Centennial Olympic Park - all around Statefarm Arena.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#766 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:53 pm

kg01,

Your Yellow Jackets are down 36-8...at home...in the first half...against an unranked opponent.

Just awful play by your guys today.

Are they also Tanking for Zion Williamson?
jayu70
RealGM

Post#767 » by jayu70 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:25 am

No Saints fans in Atlanta for Superbowl....one down, one to go....Let's go Chiefs.
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,629

Post#768 » by kg01 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:57 am

Jamaaliver wrote:kg01,

Your Yellow Jackets are down 36-8...at home...in the first half...against an unranked opponent.

1. This is hurtful. A real gut punch from you, jammmmaal. You're supposed to be the good cop here. Whut happened to you, bro?

2. We were gonna lose anyway 'cause we suck anyway, but we also had 3 of our top 6 players out injured so iiwii.

3. I don't sign off on anything we're doing as a basketball program right now. I'm just biding my time til we can hire a real coach. Til then ....

4. Also, "Are you guys tanking too, blah, blah. .?"

Really? That's some grade-a shot-takin' right there. I hurtfully approve.
king01 :king:
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#769 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:29 pm

kg01 wrote:1. This is hurtful. A real gut punch from you, jammmmaal. You're supposed to be the good cop here. Whut happened to you, bro?

Really? That's some grade-a shot-takin' right there. I hurtfully approve.

I learned from the worst...I mean best!
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#770 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:09 pm

I grew up rooting for both guys.

McGriff is at least a borderline candidate IMO.

Andruw is not.

927 homers not enough to get Braves’ McGriff, Andruw Jones in Hall of Fame

It doesn’t appear Braves great Andruw Jones will be joining his former teammates in the Baseball Hall of Fame anytime soon.

The retired center fielder was picked on just 7.5 percent of the ballots in voting for Hall Tuesday.

Another beloved ex-Brave, first baseman Fred McGriff, was picked on 59.8 percent of the ballots. 75 percent is required to reach the Hall.

Jones did receive enough votes to surpass the five percent minimum needed to remain on the ballot next year.
AJC.com
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#771 » by Spud2nique » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:15 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:kg01,

Shots fired!
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#772 » by Spud2nique » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:17 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:I grew up rooting for both guys.

Andruw is not.

It doesn’t appear Braves great Andruw Jones will be joining his former teammates in the Baseball Hall of Fame anytime soon.

The retired center fielder was picked on just 7.5 percent of the ballots in voting for Hall Tuesday.

Another beloved ex-Brave, first baseman Fred McGriff, was picked on 59.8 percent of the ballots. 75 percent is required to reach the Hall.

Jones did receive enough votes to surpass the five percent minimum needed to remain on the ballot next year.
AJC.com

Not sure if Andruw gets in or not but he was a top 3 defensive center fielder in his day if not top 2 imo. Oh I also saw him naked in the lockerroom of a giants game in 1998...long story but he looked like he wanted to fight.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#773 » by jayu70 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:35 pm

Spud2nique wrote:

Andruw is not.

AJC.com

Not sure if Andruw gets in or not but he was a top 3 defensive center fielder in his day if not top 2 imo. Oh I also saw him naked in the lockerroom of a giants game in 1998...long story but he looked like he wanted to fight.

:o That's something you should keep to yourself :lol: . Not EVERYTHING should be shared. :lol:
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,629

Post#774 » by kg01 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:38 pm

Spud2nique wrote:Not sure if Andruw gets in or not but he was a top 3 defensive center fielder in his day if not top 2 imo. Oh I also saw him naked in the lockerroom of a giants game in 1998...long story but he looked like he wanted to fight.

Ok, I'll ask what everybody's thinking ... how big was it?

The lockerroom, I mean. Get yer minds outta the gutter, folks. :)
king01 :king:
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#775 » by Spud2nique » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:43 pm

jayu70 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:

Andruw is not.

AJC.com

:o That's something you should keep to yourself :lol: . Not EVERYTHING should be shared. :lol:

Nobody (my friends) won’t give me a chance to explain myself. I had media press passes from KRON to get into the locker rooms (internship) after the game betweens the Bravos and Gigantes. I sat in the sun for 3 hours on a hot day...you ever sit in the sun and just get so depleted you feel like ur dazed. Well my dazed self went into the lockerroom and unfortunately Andruw had gotten out of the shower and my dazed look happen to look down at it...we made eye contact and he looked like he wanted to kill me. I got out after that....
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#776 » by Spud2nique » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:46 pm

kg01 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:Not sure if Andruw gets in or not but he was a top 3 defensive center fielder in his day if not top 2 imo. Oh I also saw him naked in the lockerroom of a giants game in 1998...long story but he looked like he wanted to fight.

Ok, I'll ask what everybody's thinking ... how big was it?

The lockerroom, I mean. Get yer minds outta the gutter, folks. :)

:lol: I had never been in the lockerroom of any event before. They had a spread of food you wouldn’t believe..like junk food ...nachos and lasagnas and enchiladas...I was like damn baseball guys get in shape already. Needless to say, Bobby Cox attacked the food quickly.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#777 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:50 pm

Spud2nique wrote:Nobody (my friends) won’t give me a chance to explain myself. I had media press passes from KRON to get into the locker rooms (internship) after the game betweens the Bravos and Gigantes. I sat in the sun for 3 hours on a hot day...you ever sit in the sun and just get so depleted you feel like ur dazed. Well my dazed self went into the locker room and unfortunately Andruw had gotten out of the shower and my dazed look happen to look down at it...we made eye contact and he looked like he wanted to kill me. I got out after that....

Yeah...I definitely would have kept that story to myself.

NOTE: I'm pretty sure this is the exact same story of how Monica met Bill in the White House that same year.

:winkgrin:
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#778 » by Spud2nique » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:33 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:Nobody (my friends) won’t give me a chance to explain myself. I had media press passes from KRON to get into the locker rooms (internship) after the game betweens the Bravos and Gigantes. I sat in the sun for 3 hours on a hot day...you ever sit in the sun and just get so depleted you feel like ur dazed. Well my dazed self went into the locker room and unfortunately Andruw had gotten out of the shower and my dazed look happen to look down at it...we made eye contact and he looked like he wanted to kill me. I got out after that....

NOTE: I'm pretty sure this is the exact same story of how Monica met Bill in the White House that same year.

:cry: ummm let’s keep this thing ..sophisticated..
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#779 » by Spud2nique » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:54 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:

Yessssssss!!! Jamaal we need more of ur comedic wizardry to shine more often! (Really working here for that care package)..
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#780 » by Jamaaliver » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:23 pm

Theres a lot going on in this picture. But one thing is clear, Baze has got swag...

Read on Twitter

Sent from my RC555L using RealGM mobile app

Return to Atlanta Hawks