Hawks Board Non-Sports Talk

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,500

Re: Hawks Board Non-Sports Talk 

Post#861 » by Jamaaliver » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:26 pm

dms269 wrote:Why is it even illegal to begin with? Legalize it, tax it, and profit.

Gross.

Also, what Jayu said.

Sent from my RC555L using RealGM mobile app
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#862 » by Spud2nique » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:47 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
dms269 wrote:Why is it even illegal to begin with? Legalize it, tax it, and profit.

Gross.

Also, what Jayu said.

Sent from my RC555L using RealGM mobile app

Oh now your offended? :lol: wow...
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,495

Post#863 » by dms269 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:09 pm

jayu70 wrote:

Because sometimes and more often than not, the female participants aren't doing it of their own free will, particularly those of the underage kind.

While I don't disagree that sex trafficking is an issue, I don't believe that it is a "more often than not" type of scenario.

You set up a licensing procedure similar to Nevada. It won't eliminate the illegal act, but it will allow those who want to partake a safer environment.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#864 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:19 pm

For any cinephiles in the audience...Spike Lee finally got his Oscar. (He, like Scorsese was decades overdue.)

NSFW

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Post#865 » by kg01 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:25 pm

dms269 wrote:
jayu70 wrote:

Because sometimes and more often than not, the female participants aren't doing it of their own free will, particularly those of the underage kind.

While I don't disagree that sex trafficking is an issue, I don't believe that it is a "more often than not" type of scenario.

You set up a licensing procedure similar to Nevada. It won't eliminate the illegal act, but it will allow those who want to partake a safer environment.

I guess it depends on what you mean by 'own free will'. I'd say over 99% of them aren't doing it because they actually want to. Desperation and need can send people down some unrecoverable spirals quite quickly.
king01 :king:
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Post#866 » by kg01 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:23 pm

Dang, Mike Bibby ...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/teacher-accuses-former-nba-player-mike-bibby-of-sexual-assault-at-high-school-043452105.html

... being investigated for alleged sexual assault of a teacher at the school where he coaches basketball.
king01 :king:
lethalweapon3
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,181
Location: State Farm Arena, Moving The Ball From Side To Side

Post#867 » by lethalweapon3 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:21 pm

Hearts out to the former Hawk and Jacket!

Read on Twitter

~lw3
"Dunking is better than sex." - Shawn Kemp, 1996
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,010

Post#868 » by HMFFL » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:33 am

lethalweapon3 wrote:Hearts out to the former Hawk and Jacket!

Read on Twitter

~lw3
Prayers with him and for a full recovery!

Sent from my SM-N920P using RealGM mobile app
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#869 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:43 pm

This dude has too much time on his hands...

Officials: Ex-NFL coach Mike McCarthy berated HS refs

Officials from Pulaski School District in Wisconsin filed a formal complaint against former Green Bay Packers head coach Mike McCarthy on Wednesday, a day after he was involved in an incident with referees following his stepson's high school basketball game.

The incident occurred after Pulaski High School scored a one-point victory over Notre Dame Academy, for which McCarthy's stepson plays.

Video obtained through an open records request by Fox 11 in Green Bay appeared to show McCarthy follow referees as they made their way out of the gym after the game. District officials confirmed that the man in the video was McCarthy and said he directed "unsportsmanlike language" at the referees.
ESPN
lethalweapon3
Pro Prospect

Post#870 » by lethalweapon3 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:36 pm

Atlanta United won't leave CONCACAF Champions League fans feeling like this tonight, will they?
(The weather has been way better than expected, so far. Sure hope it keeps up!)

The Football Club will be outdoors at Kennesaw State's Fifth Third Bank Stadium for tonight's first-round, second-leg CCL match with Herediano CS (8 PM Eastern, Univision Deportes on the telly, Yahoo Sports online).

The impending rain may make for conditions similar to the slick pitch the Costa Rican club ran the Five Extra Stripes ragged on last week, in a resounding 3-1 opening leg that didn't feel as close as the score indicated. The main takeaway is Atlanta has to win tonight by at least 2-0 as a shutout. If they give up any goals whatsoever, then they have to outpoint their opponents tonight by at least three to avoid a shootout finish. They have the firepower to do the latter, but the hope is they won't have to.

The visitors had the advantage of playing together for the prior two months in national league play, while United rested and re-built. But now in the second leg, Herediano's familiarity advantage has narrowed, while new Atlanta coach Frank DeBoer has had about a week to make adjustments to formation and the approach to building up attacks.

Even without Franco Escobar and wunderkind defender George Bello available, ATLUTD has the talent on both ends to pull this off and advance (Mexican side Monterrey FC awaits the winner in the next round) in front of a home crowd still living in the afterglow of the MLS Cup championship. Whether they avoid the ball-dribbling / defensive gaffes seen last week and do so remains to be seen. The fans may come away looking all wet, but that's fine, so long as they're not feeling that way by the final whistle.

Let's Go United!
~lw3
lethalweapon3
Pro Prospect

Post#871 » by lethalweapon3 » Sun Mar 3, 2019 5:36 pm

Capitol Punishment, anyone?

Read on Twitter

Tonight's radio call is on 94.1 instead of 92.9 to avoid overlap, since the Hawks will still be in Overtime #5 by then.

ATLUTD started off their championship campaign horribly last season, so will we see a repeat start to the MLS season, this time at DC United (6 PM Eastern, ESPN)?

Like 2017's MLS Cup champs, Atlanta is laser-focused on CONCACAF Champions League right now, and coach Frank DeBoer has to keep his troopers fresh for Wednesday's second-round match in Mexico at CF Monterrey. Still, this should be a first test to see if there is sufficient depth to navigate intercontinental and league play intertwined.

DC United was very pleased with the turnaround to 2018. They rode a home-heavy back end to the schedule at their new Audi Field, plus the arrival of the legendary Wayne Rooney and his meshing with fellow Best XI attacker Luciano Acosta, into a late MLS Playoffs berth. Now coach Ben Olsen's club wants to start this season on the right foot. They'll have former Five Striper midfielders available to assist, in Yamil Asad and Chris McCann, in getting it done in their house against the reigning champs.

Let's Go United!

~lw3
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#872 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Mar 4, 2019 7:58 pm

I am a fan of this young lady:

:love:
lethalweapon3
Pro Prospect

Post#873 » by lethalweapon3 » Tue Mar 5, 2019 4:35 am

BIG changes ahead over on Techwood in Midtown, and probably downtown at CNN Center, too.

Read on Twitter

~lw3
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#874 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Mar 5, 2019 8:01 pm

I'm prepared to be disappointed because...how could this possibly live up to expectations?

But this looks damn good.

jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,934

Post#875 » by jayu70 » Tue Mar 5, 2019 8:11 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:I'm prepared to be disappointed because...how could this possibly live up to expectations?

But this looks damn good.

Oohn Daamn....can't wait.
I have been holding off on reading the books so I can watch the final season.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#876 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Mar 5, 2019 8:38 pm

jayu70 wrote:Oohn Daamn....can't wait.

I have been holding off on reading them so I can watch the final season.

LOL

You've got it backwards. The TV show is years ahead of the books now. Old school book fans are now refusing to watch the show because of the spoilers for the book series.

Spoiler:
Because George RR Martin can't stay focused. (Or has written himself into a corner.)

jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,934

Post#877 » by jayu70 » Tue Mar 5, 2019 9:06 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
jayu70 wrote:Oohn Daamn....can't wait.

I have been holding off on reading them so I can watch the final season.

LOL

You've got it backwards. The TV show is years ahead of the books now. Old school book fans are now refusing to watch the show because of the spoilers for the book series.

Spoiler:
Because George RR Martin can't stay focused. (Or has written himself into a corner.)

I know, I usually prefer to read the books, then watch the show/movie, but my hubby introduced me to the show after season 2 so we binged watched, then he got me the books.
So didn't want to spoil the viewing.
lethalweapon3
Pro Prospect

Post#878 » by lethalweapon3 » Thu Mar 7, 2019 12:22 am

Monterrey, Jack!

Read on Twitter

Atlanta United can't get caught cheesing around in CS Monterrey's house, on the opening second-round leg of the CONCACAF Champions League (10:00 PM Eastern following Sporting KC's match on Univision Deportes, 1380 AM in ATL due to the Hawks game, Yahoo Sports online). Not in the lackluster the way they did in the loss at Herediano, or during the MLS season debut at DC United.

Playing in arguably the best club league on this hemisphere, Monterrey sits right behind mighty Tigres UANL on the Liga MX table.

Similar to Atlanta's MLS popularity, Monterrey averages a Liga-best 42,000 fans for attendance. So you can best believe this matchup will draw lots of eyeballs, across the continent and beyond.

Monterrey leads their league with 22 goals scored so far (7 by Rogelio Funes Mori, who formerly starred at Pity Martinez's River Plate in Argentina) in nine Torneo Clausura matches (Liga MX does two seasons per calendar year), and they can be quite stingy with the ball. They only scored one goal in their opening CCL round with Salvadoran side Alianza FC, and that sole score was all they needed to advance.

Because of that, the Five Stripes will need to be craftier with their possessions and not gamble with their dribbling and passing. If they fall behind by more than a goal in tonight's match, it will be much harder to overcome when the second-leg scene shifts back to the ATL next week.

Let's Go United!

~lw3
lethalweapon3
Pro Prospect

Post#879 » by lethalweapon3 » Fri Mar 8, 2019 3:34 pm

Congrats to our intown high school hoop teams. Way to go, Doug AND Therrell!

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

~lw3
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,010

Post#880 » by HMFFL » Fri Mar 8, 2019 5:18 pm

Here are the real numbers on Falcons, Atlanta United attendance

The Falcons announced average attendance of 72,898 at their eight regular-season home games, but actually drew almost 9,000 fewer per game to the stadium — an average of 64,022. Three times during a disappointing season, the Falcons’ real attendance was more than 11,000 below the announced figure. For the home finale, the crowd was 15,614 fewer than announced.

Atlanta United, meanwhile, announced average attendance of 53,002 for 17 regular-season home games, but actually drew an average of 47,123 to the stadium for those games. Including playoffs, the eight United crowds announced as 70,000-plus ranged from 61,594 to 69,004. Of the 11 crowds announced as 45,000-plus with the stadium’s upper deck closed, six were below 40,000 and none above 41,500.

https://www.ajc.com/sports/here-are-the-real-numbers-falcons-atlanta-united-attendance/pDaXREGesQjRWlUlZfx29L/

Sent from my SM-N920P using RealGM mobile app

Return to Atlanta Hawks