Hawks Board Non-Sports Talk

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Re: Hawks Board Non-Sports Talk 

Post#901 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:31 pm

kg01 wrote:I dedicate this to you, @jamall ....

Read on Twitter

I saw that headline earlier on AJC. AND I saw who was involved. I didn't want to pile on.

It is...unfortunate.

But the thought of taking Wendell Carter to a s-t-r-i-p club.

:lol:

WCJ probably had to self report to his parents after the fact.

"momma, I saw some bad things!"
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Post#902 » by kg01 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:36 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:

Read on Twitter

I saw that headline earlier on AJC. AND I saw who was involved. I didn't want to pile on.

It is...unfortunate.

But the thought of taking Wendell Carter to a s-t-r-i-p club.

:lol:

WCJ probably had to self report to his parents after the fact.

"momma, I saw some bad things!"

Agree the trip seemed tone deaf based on his public persona. It'd be like me and @spud taking Deacon @jamall out to party.

You'll get home and wanna take like 30 showers. :lol:

(Kidding, kidding, I don't hit it hard like that anymore. I won't speak for @spud.)

Still, with everything going on with the FBI and the NCAA refusing to investigate, it's equally tone deaf for them to suggest our violations are "major".
king01 :king:
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#903 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:35 pm

Spoiler:
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#904 » by jayu70 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:47 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:Image

Spoiler:
ooooohhhhhh..yes.
We're checking out Captain Marvel this weekend.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#905 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:54 pm

jayu70 wrote:ooooohhhhhh..yes.

Let me know when you do. I have some thoughts...
kg01
General Manager

Post#906 » by kg01 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:57 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:

Make sure you two chatty-cathy's spoiler-tag your thoughts. Me and the kg0's are gonna see it this weekend if their sports schedules allow it.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#907 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:14 pm

So we took Wendell Carter to a strip club (reported by his momma, btw, probably from their adidas-funded mansion at the time), let him meet Jarrett Jack and gave him $300 ...

J Jack is having a rough week -- :uhoh:

Read on Twitter
kg01
General Manager

Post#908 » by kg01 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:38 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:

So we took Wendell Carter to a strip club (reported by his momma, btw, probably from their adidas-funded mansion at the time), let him meet Jarrett Jack and gave him $300 ...

J Jack is having a rough week -- :uhoh:

Read on Twitter

Indeed, indeed.
Night Traen
Sophomore
And1: 90

Post#909 » by Night Traen » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:32 am

Since posts with "captain" and "jack" are running subsequently, I will post a new post/topic here. Anyone else drink Scotch or Whiskey regularly? What's your go to whiskey?

I am a regular Glenmorangie drinker (just like the doofus in those lame Highlander movies). I won't tell you how much I drink per day, but let me tell you...it's more than you.

Anyone?

(and a shout out to anyone who loves Captain Jack by Billy Joel, one of his best songs)
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#910 » by jayu70 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:39 am

kg01 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

Make sure you two chatty-cathy's spoiler-tag your thoughts. Me and the kg0's are gonna see it this weekend if their sports schedules allow it.

Saw Captain Marvel....enjoyed it. Now I understand how it all started. Looking forward to End Game.
azuresou1
Head Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#911 » by azuresou1 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:37 am

Night Traen wrote:Since posts with "captain" and "jack" are running subsequently, I will post a new post/topic here. Anyone else drink Scotch or Whiskey regularly? What's your go to whiskey?

I am a regular Glenmorangie drinker (just like the doofus in those lame Highlander movies). I won't tell you how much I drink per day, but let me tell you...it's more than you.

Anyone?

(and a shout out to anyone who loves Captain Jack by Billy Joel, one of his best songs)

Scotch:
- Laphroig Quarter Cask as my go-to
- Laphroig 10 as a secondary go-to
- Glenmorangie when I'm feeling a bit more cheerful

Bourbon:
- Woodford Reserve for mixed drinks where I don't want to really taste the bourbon
- Wild Turkey as an economical choice
Night Traen
Sophomore
And1: 90

Post#912 » by Night Traen » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:07 am

azuresou1 wrote:
Night Traen wrote:Since posts with "captain" and "jack" are running subsequently, I will post a new post/topic here. Anyone else drink Scotch or Whiskey regularly? What's your go to whiskey?

Anyone?

Scotch:

Bourbon:
- Woodford Reserve for mixed drinks where I don't want to really taste the bourbon

Figures the only response would be a Laphroig (band aid flavor) guy. Well, at least you're drinkin'!

(Billy Joel actually didn't like JD and preferred Johnny Walker Black, which is def more peaty, but not as peaty as BandAid (Laphroig). There is a funny story in Slash's book about how Billy showed up at one of their shows and demanded they go out and get him some JW and he wouldn't interact with them until this happened)
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#913 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:24 pm

jayu70 wrote:Saw Captain Marvel....enjoyed it. Now I understand how it all started. Looking forward to End Game.

NOted.

Spoiler:
I gotta say; I was a bit disappointed. I found it kinda dull. The Rambeaus were well cast.

Sam Jackson was fine.

But Captain Marvel and the villains were a little run of the mill.

Not a bad flick. But not particularly memorable.

One week afters seeing it: I couldn't remember a single scene, action sequence or line of dialogue that really stood out.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#914 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:59 pm

Unbelievable.

MySpace reportedly loses 50 million songs uploaded over 12 years

No more partying like it's 2003-2015 on the social network

MySpace may have lost your digital memories in a server migration.

"As a result of a server migration project, any photos, videos, and audio files you uploaded more than three years ago may no longer be available on or from Myspace," it said in a note at the top of the site.

Andy Baio, one of the people behind Kickstarter, tweeted that it could mean millions of songs uploaded between the site's Aug. 1, 2003 launch and 2015 are gone for good.
C/Net
MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#915 » by MaceCase » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:42 pm

Night Traen wrote:
azuresou1 wrote:

Anyone?

Scotch:

Bourbon:

Figures the only response would be a Laphroig (band aid flavor) guy. Well, at least you're drinkin'!

(Billy Joel actually didn't like JD and preferred Johnny Walker Black, which is def more peaty, but not as peaty as BandAid (Laphroig). There is a funny story in Slash's book about how Billy showed up at one of their shows and demanded they go out and get him some JW and he wouldn't interact with them until this happened)

Tuh! I enjoy Laphroig's smoky flavor myself... Just can't be around anyone when I drink it otherwise a toothpick will end up in the eye of 5th person to say "does anyone smell gasoline?"

Macallan is my go to on scotch, JW Black for shots. Blanton's and Bulleit for bourbon.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#916 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:16 pm

Headline of the Day:

Researchers say hip hop makes cheese taste nicer

Swiss scientists have concluded that exposing cheese to round-the-clock music could enhance its flavour. The Bern University of Arts researchers exposed cheeses to various genres and found that hip hop does a better job than Mozart.

“The hip hop sample topped the list of all cheese exposed to music in terms of fruitiness,” said one.
The Week

I'm gonna need more details.

We talking Tribe Called Quest or, like...Post Malone? :droop:
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#917 » by Spud2nique » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:23 pm

MaceCase wrote:
Night Traen wrote:
azuresou1 wrote:

Scotch:

Bourbon:

Tuh! I enjoy Laphroig's smoky flavor myself... Just can't be around anyone when I drink it otherwise a toothpick will end up in the eye of 5th person to say "does anyone smell gasoline?"

Macallan is my go to on scotch, JW Black for shots. Blanton's and Bulleit for bourbon.

Henney.

Sometimes when I’m feeling inventive, St. Ides special brew.

Shaved my head.

Wear bandana.

Crosses on my back.

I ain’t Tupac though.

Ps I don’t drink...anymore. This was 97!
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#918 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:35 pm

kg01 wrote:All you get is side eye from me, brah.

You quoted my only comments re. GT bball for the next few years.

Some should be hoping AZ jettisons Miller and chooses to go to a squeaky-clean former AZ guy to get their program back in compliance.

Any thoughts on GT bringing in a more established coach to help stabilize the BBall program? Or is he too old?

Or have you already had your fill of mediocre coaches from the A-10?

Saint Joseph's fires longtime basketball coach Phil Martelli

It's the end of an era at Saint Joseph's.

The school announced Tuesday that it has fired men's basketball coach Phil Martelli, who had led the Hawks program since 1995.

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Martelli, 64, went 444-328 in his time at Saint Joseph's and took the team to seven NCAA Tournaments. Saint Joseph's best year under his leadership came in 2003-04 when the Hawks went 30-2 and made it to the Elite Eight.

However, Saint Joseph's has not had a winning record since 2015-16, when it was 28-8. The Hawks went 14-19 this season and finished tied for 10th in the Atlantic 10 at 6-12.
Sporting News
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#919 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:15 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
King Ken wrote:Trout unlikely to leave Anaheim

Oh I definitely disagree...I’m just hoping he doesn’t go to the stinking Yankees. Trout is already gone in his mind.

That dude gonna get $400 mill.. :lol:

Somehow, you were both right.

Mike Trout, Angels 'Finalizing' Historic 12-Year, $430M Contract

Mike Trout and the Los Angeles Angels are "close to finalizing" a record-breaking 12-year, $430 million contract, according to ESPN's Jeff Passan.

Trout currently has two years and $66.5 million remaining on the six-year, $144.5 million deal he signed back in 2014. He was set to hit free agency following the 2020 season. Per Passan, the new deal would add on 10 years to Trout's current deal.

The 10-year extension will be worth $363.5 million and includes a full no-trade clause.
Bleacher Report

The 'Barry Sanders' rule projects that both parties will regret this by the midway point of the contract. You'd have thought Angels would have learned from the Pujols contract debacle.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#920 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:18 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:I gotta be honest. Considering there's no chance this goes to court, that he does jail time, or that he will be required to personally appear in court, I kinda think it's unfortunate this story got out.

I hate the Patriots as much as anyone, but embarrassing old men over this nonsense feels excessive.

And this is what I was referring to:

Offer made to drop charges against Kraft

Prosecutors have offered New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft and several other men a deal in which charges would be dropped for soliciting prostitution, a source told the Wall Street Journal on Tuesday.

But there is a catch: Kraft and the other men would have to review the evidence and admit they would have been proven guilty at trial, the paper reported.

It's not known whether Kraft or the others will accept the conditions of the deal, which includes completing 100 hours of community service, screening for sexually transmitted diseases, completing a course about prostitution and paying some court costs, the paper reported.
ESPN

Return to Atlanta Hawks