Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

LamarHampton
Freshman
And1: 85

Re: Hawks are gaining on them !! 

Post#21 » by LamarHampton » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:35 am

Spud2nique wrote:more ballsssss more ballssss woohoo!!!! :-|

Thems private thoughts spud ... Seriously

Anyway, I really didn't see the Hawks being THIS bad this year. I mean, after we trade away Belli and Dedmon and Ersan for future first rounders ( :wink: ) and bring up most of the starting guys from Erie, we are going to be looking at about, oh I dunno, 12-ish wins or so... Give or take. Yikes. I really thought the guys would mesh, shock Schlenk,and still manage to sneak into the playoffs. Imagine my surprise with this mess. Yuck. Good to see some of the young guys get some burn and make some plays, but games like we had against Detroit are just plain hard to watch. Rather be watching those guys digging Big Holes and getting all excited about finding old Wood in dirt on Curse of Oak Island ... Sheesh
macd-gm
Starter
And1: 2,515

Post#22 » by macd-gm » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:42 pm

LamarHampton wrote:

Anyway, I really didn't see the Hawks being THIS bad this year. I mean, after we trade away Belli and Dedmon and Ersan for future first rounders ( :wink: ) and bring up most of the starting guys from Erie, we are going to be looking at about, oh I dunno, 12-ish wins or so... Give or take. Yikes. I really thought the guys would mesh, shock Schlenk,and still manage to sneak into the playoffs. Imagine my surprise with this mess. Yuck. Good to see some of the young guys get some burn and make some plays, but games like we had against Detroit are just plain hard to watch. Rather be watching those guys digging Big Holes and getting all excited about finding old Wood in dirt on Curse of Oak Island ... Sheesh

Maybe not playoffs but we would have been much better without the injuries to Dedmon, Collins, Ersan, and Dennis.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,913

Post#23 » by jayu70 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:34 pm

macd-gm wrote:
LamarHampton wrote:

Maybe not playoffs but we would have been much better without the injuries to Dedmon, Collins, Ersan, and Dennis.

Exactly this ^^^ - the fact that we are forced to play GLeague 2 way player major minutes should tell us everything. We are already talent deficient so injuries compounded by more injuries is uuugly.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#24 » by ATL Boy » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:41 pm

Tbh if we ever had to choose a season to be plagued with injuries this would be the one. Hopefully we pay our dues now and are completely healthy when we're competitive. :nod:
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,468

Post#25 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Feb 1, 2018 8:35 pm

Now that Bulls have moved on from Mirotic, I see them falling back to earth even more and contending for a top 3 pick again.

Everyone Wins the Nikola Mirotic–Omer Asik Trade
The Pelicans can continue their playoff push while the Bulls can get their tank back on schedule

For those who were already dreaming about a Luka Doncic jersey in Bulls red, rest assured that there’s still hope. Without Mirotic to start the season, the Bulls were on a fantastic tanking pace. As soon as Mirotic returned to the lineup, the Bulls won 15 of their next 28 games, including seven straight when Mirotic came back. Chicago is 18–33, sitting just outside the bottom five in the standings, but now there’s no doubt that getting rid of Mirotic helps them climb in the Down for Doncic Sweepstakes. Or the Bad for Bagley Contest. Take your pick

Read on Twitter
The Ringer
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,913

Post#26 » by jayu70 » Thu Feb 1, 2018 9:24 pm

^Well they did get Zach Lavine back and after a rough start for Chris Dunn he's played well. Hopefully, they aren't as bad as we'll be once our vets are moved.
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#27 » by Spud2nique » Fri Feb 2, 2018 12:06 am

Ya I don’t see the Bulls bottoming out just because of Mirotic. They lose depth but I think it’s a lot of Markk, Holiday and Kris Dunn like Bird tried to mention (Chris)...:-| Zach Effron Lavine too!

I think it’s going to be us, the Grizz and the Magic for bottom 3.
hawkmanreturns
Junior
And1: 735

Post#28 » by hawkmanreturns » Fri Feb 2, 2018 12:16 am

Spud2nique wrote:Ya I don’t see the Bulls bottoming out just because of Mirotic. They lose depth but I think it’s a lot of Markk, Holiday and Kris Dunn like Bird tried to mention (Chris)...:-| Zach Effron Lavine too!

Anything else but the #1 pick could be disastrous. No more missing out on franchise altering talents by one or two picks. We have to nail this one or this rebuild could go on indefinitely. Schlenk needs to be working the phones now to ensure we stay in "first", if you know what I mean. I've never been a tanker, but this team isn't making the Playoffs, so I see ZERO reason to let the vets "Bobby Sura" us out of the potential future of this franchise.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#29 » by Spud2nique » Fri Feb 2, 2018 3:47 am

hawkmanreturns wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:Ya I don’t see the Bulls bottoming out just because of Mirotic. They lose depth but I think it’s a lot of Markk, Holiday and Kris Dunn like Bird tried to mention (Chris)...:-| Zach Effron Lavine too!

Anything else but the #1 pick could be disastrous. No more missing out on franchise altering talents by one or two picks. We have to nail this one or this rebuild could go on indefinitely. Schlenk needs to be working the phones now to ensure we stay in "first", if you know what I mean. I've never been a tanker, but this team isn't making the Playoffs, so I see ZERO reason to let the vets "Bobby Sura" us out of the potential future of this franchise.

Yes sir. I think we are all gonna feel a little better next week when we unload our vets. I wonder who will remain standing out of Baze, Ersan, Marco, Dedmon, Babbitt and the rest.

I feel more confident in our drafting now as opposed to 10 years ago or even 5 years ago. I think we will nail it on a top 3 pick if given the opportunity.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#30 » by HMFFL » Fri Feb 2, 2018 5:36 am

^
Do we really want to keep Baze and his contract on the books? Thoughts?
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#31 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Feb 2, 2018 12:34 pm

HMFFL wrote:^

I want out from under his contract more than anything.

And I get the feeling Travis wants out from underneath it as well.

It's the last big obstacle from the BudCox front office.

We're into clear sailing after that...mostly.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#32 » by Spud2nique » Fri Feb 2, 2018 3:49 pm

HMFFL wrote:^

No...trading him would help us move forward and help the tank as well...Baze is playing the best basketball of his life. I’ll always love Baze as a person.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#33 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Feb 6, 2018 1:20 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
graymule
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,421

Post#34 » by graymule » Tue Feb 6, 2018 2:43 pm

:oops:

Who knew?

Staying on the bottom of the NBA for an entire season sounds easy. We are finding out, it's not.

Our big question right now: What happens between now and 3 PM, Eastern time, Thursday?

:crazy:
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#35 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Feb 7, 2018 7:10 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
macd-gm
Starter

Post#36 » by macd-gm » Wed Feb 7, 2018 3:04 pm

So much tanking. I wonder if we've had this many teams with less than 20 wins in february before. The tanking, that supposedly no one is doing, is going to get real ugly. We may have a record number of 60+ win teams this year because of it.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#37 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Feb 7, 2018 4:24 pm

Mark Bradley wrote:Somebody stop the Hawks before they win again

For what they were trying to do, the Atlanta Hawks have had a good – meaning bad – season. They’re tied with Dallas for the NBA’s worst record. They’re headed for the draft lottery and maybe the No. 1 pick. Being the Hawks, they’re still capable of messing things up.

The Hawks are 17-37. They’re one of eight teams with fewer than 20 wins. They’re tied for last (hooray) but only two games from ninth-worst (ouch).

At No. 1, the Hawks would have their choice of Arizona’s 7-foot-1 Deandre Ayton, the nation’s second-best freshman; Duke’s Marvin Bagley III, the nation’s best freshman; Missouri’s Michael Porter Jr., who might have been the nation’s best freshman or Luka Doncic. Those four have separated from the rest of this presumptive draft class. Picking at No. 9, they’d all be gone.

The Hawks are 6-6 over their past 12 games. That, I’m afraid to say, won’t cut it. The trade deadline is Thursday, and we’re about to see a tank-a-thon unlike any in NBA history. Any club under .500 – and 12 of the 30 teams are – is going to be selling.

If you’re going to tank, be the best (meaning the worst) tanker. The bad thing about the Hawks’ offseason roster-paring is that there’s not much left to sell. But I’d find something, or else I’d fire Mike Budenholzer. This silly winning must cease.
myAJC
macd-gm
Starter

Post#38 » by macd-gm » Wed Feb 7, 2018 5:21 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Mark Bradley wrote:Somebody stop the Hawks before they win again

For what they were trying to do, the Atlanta Hawks have had a good – meaning bad – season. They’re tied with Dallas for the NBA’s worst record. They’re headed for the draft lottery and maybe the No. 1 pick. Being the Hawks, they’re still capable of messing things up.

The Hawks are 17-37. They’re one of eight teams with fewer than 20 wins. They’re tied for last (hooray) but only two games from ninth-worst (ouch).

At No. 1, the Hawks would have their choice of Arizona’s 7-foot-1 Deandre Ayton, the nation’s second-best freshman; Duke’s Marvin Bagley III, the nation’s best freshman; Missouri’s Michael Porter Jr., who might have been the nation’s best freshman or Luka Doncic. Those four have separated from the rest of this presumptive draft class. Picking at No. 9, they’d all be gone.

The Hawks are 6-6 over their past 12 games. That, I’m afraid to say, won’t cut it. The trade deadline is Thursday, and we’re about to see a tank-a-thon unlike any in NBA history. Any club under .500 – and 12 of the 30 teams are – is going to be selling.

If you’re going to tank, be the best (meaning the worst) tanker. The bad thing about the Hawks’ offseason roster-paring is that there’s not much left to sell. But I’d find something, or else I’d fire Mike Budenholzer. This silly winning must cease.
myAJC

His overall point is correct. But Bagley is not better than Ayton. Not even close. That's stupid Duke worshiping crap. But it's also not easy to lose at this point when half the league is also trying to lose.

We need to see a lot of minutes for Dorsey, Bembry, cavanaugh, collins. I can't believe it but Baze has gone from tank to commander to Sura 2.0 in the last few months. That's a problem.
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 656

Post#39 » by D21 » Wed Feb 7, 2018 6:28 pm

Mark Bradley wrote:...Being the Hawks, they’re still capable of messing things up...

Letting walk all the good players several years, being the worst team for many months, then finishing the season 9th worst would be worst scenario I can imagine.
It's like they think there will be no team that will tank as hard as possible in the following weeks... if that's what they think, they are stupid
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#40 » by ATL Boy » Wed Feb 7, 2018 9:23 pm

Game against the Magic tomorrow is an absolute must-lose. This entire season has been so incredibly frustrating.
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.

Return to Atlanta Hawks