Post#1 » by Jamaaliver » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:24 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Re: Game Thread: Hawks at NYK -- 12/10 

Post#2 » by Spud2nique » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:43 pm

The Mecca of bball MSG will be rockin tonight as we pay the Knicks a visit. We are underdogs by 5 points. Old friend Timmy jr. will look to light us up...don't forget the Zinger too as Bob Rathbun likes calling Kristaps. Lol.

Hawks 101
Knicks 108

Looking for continued development from Prince, Bembry and the others.

GO HAWKS!!!
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,934

Post#3 » by jayu70 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:40 pm

Spud2nique wrote:The Mecca of bball MSG will be rockin tonight as we pay the Knicks a visit. We are underdogs by 5 points. Old friend Timmy jr. will look to light us up...don't forget the Zinger too as Bob Rathbun likes calling Kristaps. Lol.

Hawks 101
Knicks 108

Looking for continued development from Prince, Bembry and the others.

GO HAWKS!!!

I think THjr is out with leg injury.
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Post#4 » by ducler » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:06 pm

ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#5 » by ATL Boy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:29 am

Schroder in foul trouble early today.
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by ATL Boy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:10 am

Dennis Schroder (who was our best player tonight) was benched for the final 8:34 of the game. You can't tell me that Coach Bud isn't tanking this season at least a little.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#7 » by Spud2nique » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:20 am

We looked tired...bad interior defense and a pretty sloppy overall showing but we did get some lottery balls ;-)

Jaybird ur boy Jack had a great game...hahaha..kg will finish this tomorrow I'm sure..
jayu70
RealGM

Post#8 » by jayu70 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:47 pm

Why didn't Dennis play the last 8 minutes of the 4th? Tank job or Dennis punishment?
After scoring the Hawks’ first seven points of the final quarter, Budneholzer pulled Schroder from the game with 8:14 remaining with Hawks trailing 89-83, though Schroder had managed to keep himself from earning his fifth foul to that point. Without Schroder in the game, the Hawks struggled to close the gap as the Knicks led 103-94 with 2:22 to go in the game.

“You’ve got to ask Coach and then let me know,” Schröder said. “I’m supposed to be out there but it didn’t happen. So, that’s it.” 

“Isaiah gave us a big lift,” Budenholzer said. “Malcolm came in, in the first half, gave us a big lift. Just a coach’s decision.” 

jayu70
RealGM

Post#9 » by jayu70 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:51 pm

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,500

Post#10 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:41 pm

^
Read on Twitter

Schroder said Budenholzer didn’t offer him an explanation.

“You’ve got to ask Coach and then let me know,” Schroder said. “I’m supposed to be out there but it didn’t happen. So, that’s it.”

Asked if he would seek out an explanation from Budenholzer for his benching, Schroder said: “I will just wait until he comes to me.”

“Nobody is perfect,”
Schroder said. “Whatever happens, you can come talk to me. I don’t know. I think the starting five is supposed to be out there just competing and try to get the win.”

Budenholzer and Schroder have clashed in the past.

Budenholzer sat Schroder for a handful of games during the 2015-16 season after the two argued.
myAJC

Oh, boy.

I'm not there yet. But I'm approaching the point where I predict one of Budenholzer or Dennis will definitely be gone next season.

Maybe even both.
macd-gm
Starter
And1: 2,515

Post#11 » by macd-gm » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:35 pm

I can't really figure why unless it was just bad defense. Dennis was scoring a lot but he was also not passing the ball so that may have been part of it. Not sure how bad Baze has to play to get benched though. Turnover machine.

Man the refs were awful in this one.
graymule
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,422

Post#12 » by graymule » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:39 pm

:wink:

Big man, their center, has excellent accuracy and, when he makes a jump shot, finds himself all alone
because no one else can get up anywhere near as high as he is.

How do you defend this? If you hit him while he's up there, it's a foul. He hits almost all his foul shots.
Prevent him from getting the ball? How do you get up that high? Play up close and personal? How can
you do this and not foul?

He is the face of their team. In fact, I believe that he is their team because, without him, they are
much worse than Atlanta. Super star? Yep. He is. He can slam dunk. He can hit a jump shot from
anywhere on the floor, including from behind the three point arch. Wow!

Where can the Hawks find their super star? In the next draft? I hope so.

Side note: Atlanta wore red and won two games - Falcons and Hawks - Ditched the red and lost.

:nod:
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Post#13 » by kg01 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:50 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:^
Read on Twitter

Schroder said Budenholzer didn’t offer him an explanation.

“You’ve got to ask Coach and then let me know,” Schroder said. “I’m supposed to be out there but it didn’t happen. So, that’s it.”

Asked if he would seek out an explanation from Budenholzer for his benching, Schroder said: “I will just wait until he comes to me.”

“Nobody is perfect,”
Schroder said. “Whatever happens, you can come talk to me. I don’t know. I think the starting five is supposed to be out there just competing and try to get the win.”

Budenholzer and Schroder have clashed in the past.

Budenholzer sat Schroder for a handful of games during the 2015-16 season after the two argued.
myAJC

Oh, boy.

I'm not there yet. But I'm approaching the point where I predict one of Budenholzer or Dennis will definitely be gone next season.

Maybe even both.

Heh, none of us believe you're not "there" yet. You've been openly campaigning for Budz' replacement for like 3 months now. :lol:

Dennis needs to pump his brakes. I still love the guy as a player (and see a future there) but a pretty strong argument can be made that he hasn't improved all that much since making a pretty big jump from year 1 to year 2.

Agree with macd on Can't Bazemore. Surely his teammates can't/won't take well to being benched while that guy's allowed to flail away on both ends with apparent immunity.

To Budz' credit, he's finally riveted DelaneySucks' rear end to the bench. Finally!!! Update that passport and brush up on your romance languages, Malcolm. Something tells me you're not long for the League.
king01 :king:
macd-gm
Starter
And1: 2,515

Post#14 » by macd-gm » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:54 pm

That's the scary part with Dennis. We know he can drive on slower defenders but can he be a really good facilitator and can he defend his man? That's the part he needs to show this year.
graymule
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,422

Post#15 » by graymule » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:30 pm

8-)
Since this has became a "Dennis" subject because he didn't play late in the game, answer this:

Would you trade Dennis, right now, for a first round pick, only if it is in the lottery next year?
This would mean that Isiah Taylor and Josh Magette become our 1-2 Point Guards.

Dennis, along with Moose and Blazeless should be enough to net us something of value, don't you think?

Hawks are, right now, fighting to stay on the bottom. We have some "keeper" parts of our puzzle,
building a winning team. We also have parts that don't fit and a GM who is willing and able to stir
the pot. Boy, things are going to get really interesting, first, at the trade deadline and second,
before the draft next spring - summer, whenever it is.

Ideas are like noses. Everyone has one. Share your ideas, please!!

:D
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Post#16 » by kg01 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:45 pm

macd-gm wrote:That's the scary part with Dennis. We know he can drive on slower defenders but can he be a really good facilitator and can he defend his man? That's the part he needs to show this year.

Mmhmm, I've already grown tired of seeing Dennis try to race superior defenders to the rim only to get easily blocked. I'm like, I get that works against bad/slow defenders but if you're gonna be leading us as a contender (that's the eventual goal, no?) there's gotta be a plan B, right? I haven't seen it yet.
king01 :king:
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#17 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:04 pm

kg01 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:I'm not there yet. But I'm approaching the point where I predict one of Budenholzer or Dennis will definitely be gone next season.

Heh, none of us believe you're not "there" yet. You've been openly campaigning for Budz' replacement for like 3 months now. :lol:

So help me, kg...

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#18 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:07 pm

graymule wrote:8-)
Since this has became a "Dennis" subject because he didn't play late in the game, answer this:

Would you trade Dennis, right now, for a first round pick, only if it is in the lottery next year?

No. Not yet. I'd consider moving him for that Nets pick. But trading Dennis in the off-season (preferably on draft night) seems more ideal.

We have 3+ years of the kid under contract to move him. So I'd stand pat for a better or more defined deal.

But everything I've seen since the start of the season makes me believe Travis will end up moving him sooner or later.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by ATL Boy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:30 pm

graymule wrote:8-)

Dennis, along with Moose and Blazeless should be enough to net us something of value, don't you think?

Hawks are, right now, fighting to stay on the bottom. We have some "keeper" parts of our puzzle,
building a winning team. We also have parts that don't fit and a GM who is willing and able to stir
the pot. Boy, things are going to get really interesting, first, at the trade deadline and second,
before the draft next spring - summer, whenever it is.

I wouldn't move him yet, mostly due to the fear of the unknown. Dennis Schroder is a good PG entering the prime of his career, who's under a manageable contract for three seasons after this one. We should be able to get at least a good lottery pick in this draft for him (not a top 4 pick, but something inside the top 10). I would wait until draft night so that we can be sure of where we're picking. We have leverage due to the fact that Dennis is signed in long term.

However, if Schlenk really wants to bottom out then I wouldn't be surprised if we made a move at the deadline. Take Schroder off this team and we instantly become the worst in the NBA.

Also, if it came down to choosing between Schroder and Budenholzer, I pick Coach Bud. It sounds crazy to want to keep your coach over your star player but I just think that highly of Coach Bud. There is no doubt in my mind that he's the man to lead this team to the promised land.

Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#20 » by Spud2nique » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:46 pm

I'm not moving Dennis yet. It would have to be on draft night if anything. We hold all the cards.

Return to Atlanta Hawks