ImageImage

Are Hawks ready to listen to offers for Schroder?

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,500

Are Hawks ready to listen to offers for Schroder? 

Post#1 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Jan 2, 2018 4:26 pm

NBA trade deadline buyers and sellers:

NBA TRADE DEADLINE SELLERS: Hawks

The Hawks figure to be a wildcard. They have some veterans who could obviously help other teams, but we can’t be sure how committed the new front office is to even the young pieces they have in place.

Don’t be surprised if the team puts out feelers on the value of point guard Dennis Schroder.
Sporting News

With Dennis's declining shooting numbers, porous defense, pending criminal charges and history of butting heads with Mike Budenholzer -- I have to think Travis will strongly consider getting what he can for DS.

....sooner or later.
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Re: Are Hawks ready to listen offers for Schroder? 

Post#2 » by kg01 » Tue Jan 2, 2018 4:28 pm

No.

/thread
king01 :king:
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#3 » by Spud2nique » Tue Jan 2, 2018 5:26 pm

Not this trade deadline...teams don't have the cahones, nor do we to deal Dennis...like it's been mentioned several times it would almost have to be a draft day deal with the picks already revealed...that being said, Dennis is worth a #5-12 pick in the 2018 draft IMO. Problem is now we are collecting too many picks...we already have 3 first round picks, getting more would have to be packaged...I don't remember the last time a team had 3 first round picks and drafted and signed all of them.

I like Dennis, I also don't consider him irreplaceable.

Looking to move Ers, Ded, Belli etc. this trade deadline
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#4 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Jan 2, 2018 5:51 pm

Spud2nique wrote:I like Dennis, I also don't consider him irreplaceable.

:nod: :nod: :nod:
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,932

Post#5 » by jayu70 » Tue Jan 2, 2018 5:52 pm

I said before and I'll say again, if Dennis is moved at the deadline, it will only be for a crazy ridiculous awesome package.
Otherwise, it'll be at the draft when the Hawks know where the lottery pick is slotted.
Teague with one year left on his deal netted us pick #12 -Taking a pick lower that #8 is not worth considering IMO since Dennis is locked in for 3 more years, he's still 24 and can still improve.
I know the draft is tantalizing and the 'shiny new toy' syndrome comes into play, so was the touted 2014 draft class - we can do a where are they now special on that class - all you'll get is one player who may be an Allstar this year and is considered the best player on his team that can't stay healthy.
Putting all the eggs in the proverbial 'draft' basket is fools gold.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#6 » by Spud2nique » Tue Jan 2, 2018 6:03 pm

jayu70 wrote:I said before and I'll say again, if Dennis is moved at the deadline, it will only be for a crazy ridiculous awesome package.
Otherwise, it'll be at the draft when the Hawks know where the lottery pick is slotted.
Teague with one year left on his deal netted us pick #12 -Taking a pick lower that #8 is not worth considering IMO since Dennis is locked in for 3 more years, he's still 24 and can still improve.
I know the draft is tantalizing and the 'shiny new toy' syndrome comes into play, so was the touted 2014 draft class - we can do a where are they now special on that class - all you'll get is one player who may be an Allstar this year and is considered the best player on his team that can't stay healthy.

Agreed here to some degree. Waiting until the draft is almost a must, but holding on to Dennis just because we are afraid to take a risk might not be the best option either. I understand that Dennis is on a great contract and is a bargain, but if we feel like there is a player in this draft that can help us improve more than Dennis, we can't be afraid of the 2014 draft and we have to at least look into it and do our due diligence IMHO.

Ps This draft is better than 2014...but similar in the top guys being heralded as the next stars...Wiggins/Parker/Embiid....Ayton/Bagley/Doncic.

Mikal and Miles Bridges or bust!
jayu70
RealGM

Post#7 » by jayu70 » Tue Jan 2, 2018 6:06 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
jayu70 wrote:I said before and I'll say again, if Dennis is moved at the deadline, it will only be for a crazy ridiculous awesome package.

Agreed here to some degree. Waiting until the draft is almost a must, but holding on to Dennis just because we are afraid to take a risk might not be the best option either. I understand that Dennis is on a great contract and is a bargain, but if we feel like there is a player in this draft that can help us improve more than Dennis, we can't be afraid of the 2014 draft and we have to at least look into it and do our due diligence IMHO.

Ps This draft is better than 2014...but similar in the top guys being heralded as the next stars...Wiggins/Parker/Embiid....Ayton/Bagley/Doncic.

NO, it's not a matter of being afraid - what we do know is that every pick will not pan out in any draft. Like I've said, I'm not an advocate of moving Dennis until I know where the pick is slotted to be.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#8 » by Spud2nique » Tue Jan 2, 2018 6:09 pm

jayu70 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:

NO, it's not a matter of being afraid - what we do know is that every pick will not pan out in any draft. Like I've said, I'm not an advocate of moving Dennis until I know where the pick is slotted to be.

Oh I'm totally with you there...but let's say the draft is today and somebody wants us to trade Dennis for #6, would you?
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#9 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Jan 2, 2018 6:14 pm

...Putting all the eggs in the proverbial 'draft' basket is fools gold.

Perhaps. But you might need to inform the franchise architect:

Travis Schlenk wrote:“So for us, the best way to get that cornerstone, franchise kind of guy is the draft, and that’s kind of the path we’ve decided to go.”
Amico Hoops

Travis Schlenk wrote:What really started to change [Golden State] around is when the new ownership group bought it. We went from a team that was selling draft picks to a team that was buying draft picks. When you have an ownership group that’s invested and willing to put the money in, that really is the building block of a franchise.
CBS Radio
jayu70
RealGM

Post#10 » by jayu70 » Tue Jan 2, 2018 6:15 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:

Oh I'm totally with you there...but let's say the draft is today and somebody wants us to trade Dennis for #6, would you?

Unlike you, I know nothing about these college players - so I'll accept the consensus that most of these players are that good and accept the trade if the PG we want is still on the board.
kg01
General Manager

Post#11 » by kg01 » Tue Jan 2, 2018 6:48 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:

That's cheating. jayu said she may be willing to trade Dennis once it's known what the picks will be. The OP is suggesting trading Dennis now(ish). IOW, before knowing what the returning picks would be.

Would you trade Dennis for a package centered around some unknown, likely not lotto pick?

The question, spud2. Answer the question!

I don't think these rando reports are anything but made-up nonsense to fill content/space. I would not trade Dennis unless it's for some magical package. At the draft, that opinion changes.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#12 » by ATL Boy » Tue Jan 2, 2018 6:52 pm

Agreed with the notion that we should keep him until draft night, we have all the leverage here. I say his however fully expecting to have the worst record in the NBA. Trading some of the other gets this deadline should help us achieve that goal.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#13 » by Spud2nique » Tue Jan 2, 2018 7:01 pm

kg01 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
jayu70 wrote:NO, it's not a matter of being afraid - what we do know is that every pick will not pan out in any draft. Like I've said, I'm not an advocate of moving Dennis until I know where the pick is slotted to be.

That's cheating. jayu said she may be willing to trade Dennis once it's known what the picks will be. The OP is suggesting trading Dennis now(ish). IOW, before knowing what the returning picks would be.

Would you trade Dennis for a package centered around some unknown, likely not lotto pick?

I don't think these rando reports are anything but made-up nonsense to fill content/space. I would not trade Dennis unless it's for some magical package. At the draft, that opinion changes.

Would I trade Dennis for a unknown lottery pick? That's a loaded question in itself. All lottery picks are unknown as stated in the word lottery, however, how often have you seen a team with a 1% or so chance getting into the top3...off the top of my mind, Sonics in 90 broke through and were supposed to get the 12th or 13th pick but landed at #2....same with the Bulls and Derrick Rose...however that's generally not the case...and when they don't get into the top 3 from say the 8th or 9th pick then the most they move up or down is 3 slots, but again that's with every team behind them moving up, so some calculations can be done here to facilatena trade with a team willing to gamble and roll the dice....for example, the Suns....if they get Booker back and start winning some damn games, they may find themselves in the 7th or 8th position to draft by the trade deadline...if that's the case and they are tired of drafting young guys they may want to pull the trigger..

However like we know, teams just won't give up that .5% chance at a Bagley or Ayton....

Let's say teams wanted to take risks and trade for Dennis...I would be willing to do that with a small list of teams...the aforementioned Suns being one of them.

At this point I'd trade Dennis for a top 8 pick. If you sweet talk me, maybe 9....:-|

But please please don't get the idea that I don't love Dennis....I love all our players equally..(just kidding that's what parents say to their kids it's bs)...but Prince is my fav..2nd is Collins and 3rd is Dennis...

ATL ATL ATL
kg01
General Manager

Post#14 » by kg01 » Tue Jan 2, 2018 7:06 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
kg01 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:

Would I trade Dennis for a unknown lottery pick? That's a loaded question in itself. All lottery picks are unknown as stated in the word lottery, however, how often have you seen a team with a 1% or so chance getting into the top3...off the top of my mind, Sonics in 90 broke through and were supposed to get the 12th or 13th pick but landed at #2....same with the Bulls and Derrick Rose...however that's generally not the case...and when they don't get into the top 3 from say the 8th or 9th pick then the most they move up or down is 3 slots, but again that's with every team behind them moving up, so some calculations can be done here to facilatena trade with a team willing to gamble and roll the dice....for example, the Suns....if they get Booker back and start winning some damn games, they may find themselves in the 7th or 8th position to draft by the trade deadline...if that's the case and they are tired of drafting young guys they may want to pull the trigger..

However like we know, teams just won't give up that .5% chance at a Bagley or Ayton....

Let's say teams wanted to take risks and trade for Dennis...I would be willing to do that with a small list of teams...the aforementioned Suns being one of them.

At this point I'd trade Dennis for a top 8 pick. If you sweet talk me, maybe 9....:-|

But please please don't get the idea that I don't love Dennis....I love all our players equally..(just kidding that's what parents say to their kids it's bs)...but Prince is my fav..2nd is Collins and 3rd is Dennis...

ATL ATL ATL

Oh ok, I hear you. Hol' on, lemme open this window .... "Spud hates Dennis! Spud hates Dennis!"

But, here's the thing, any trade right now will likely be a top-8 protected this year, top 14 protected next year, turns into 2 2nds after a 3rd year or w/e. You wouldn't trade Dennis for that, would you?
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#15 » by Spud2nique » Tue Jan 2, 2018 7:09 pm

kg01 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
kg01 wrote:

ATL ATL ATL

Oh ok, I hear you. Hol' on, lemme open this window .... "Spud hates Dennis! Spud hates Dennis!"

But, here's the thing, any trade right now will likely be a top-8 protected this year, top 14 protected next year, turns into 2 2nds after a 3rd year or w/e. You wouldn't trade Dennis for that, would you?

Oh god no...no protection ever!!!!! .... :-|
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#16 » by Spud2nique » Tue Jan 2, 2018 7:10 pm

Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#17 » by Spud2nique » Tue Jan 2, 2018 7:13 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
kg01 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:

ATL ATL ATL

And speaking of draft picks...why the heck do the Celts picks look so great with the Nets and now the Lakers are 2nd worst!!!!

Meanwhile the Rockets have like one of the best records and we have their pick and the Wolves are in a groove, every time I look they win..I was expecting a 17-20 pick from Wolves but I think like Jam Jamal stated earlier it's in the 24th slot as of now...

Wtf
jayu70
RealGM

Post#18 » by jayu70 » Tue Jan 2, 2018 7:19 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
kg01 wrote:

And speaking of draft picks...why the heck do the Celts picks look so great with the Nets and now the Lakers are 2nd worst!!!!

Meanwhile the Rockets have like one of the best records and we have their pick and the Wolves are in a groove, every time I look they win..I was expecting a 17-20 pick from Wolves but I think like Jam Jamal stated earlier it's in the 24th slot as of now...

Wtf

Patience young padawan, patience.
Harden is out for 2 weeks, they may fall in standings a bit.
graymule
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,422

Post#19 » by graymule » Tue Jan 2, 2018 7:37 pm

:D

Old codgers may say, depends. We don't mean the underwear. Every player on every NBA team may be
on the market "If the price is right."

Draft picks are not the only thing available, you know. Players who are already on someone else's roster
might be "Just the thing" that would make the deal work. We do have a PG in the Gatorade League that
could come up, if necessary, and finish the year.

Who knows what is out there? The deal may be just waiting to happen any time. Young, under used players
who would fit nicely in the university of Bud.

:wink:
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#20 » by Spud2nique » Tue Jan 2, 2018 10:38 pm

Hahaha I love it..GM and Bird are mad chill for the new year! Sign me up for that meditation too y'all!

Patience with the Rox and grabbing a nice unused Stan Johnson type! Yes!!!

Return to Atlanta Hawks