ImageImage

Are Hawks ready to listen to offers for Schroder?

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Re: Are Hawks ready to listen to offers for Schroder? 

Post#221 » by ATL Boy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:44 am

Jamaaliver wrote:
DCintheD wrote:would you guys do Reggie Jackson for Schroder straight up? Reggie makes about the same amount per season but one less year. Reggie, with all his injuries, can help you guys tank hard.

His contract is a year shorter?

I...would strongly consider it for that reason alone.

Same.

I think people underestimate the kind of damage a disgruntled, immature player can do to a young locker room which doesn't have many real vets in it. I don't think we can afford to keep Dennis in this locker room next year, especially with how he doesn't want to be here.

Sign me up for a Dennis for Reggie Jackson swap. We legitimately won't get much better than that.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,356

Post#222 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:37 pm

Schroder surely very available

Dennis Schroder's future in Atlanta was uncertain even before the Hawks used the pick they acquired by trading down with the Mavericks on Oklahoma point guard Trae Young. You'll recall that at a media availability last month in his native Germany, Schroder said he wanted to discuss his future with the organization and suggested he would like to play for the Indiana Pacers or Milwaukee Bucks.

The desire to move Schroder is surely mutual, but with few teams in the market for veteran point guards and Schroder's contract ($15.5 million per season over the next three years) paying him more than he has merited thus far in his career, finding a taker could be difficult. We might learn, if Atlanta moves Schroder, just how motivated the team is to get him out of the locker room and clear a starting spot for Young.

No veterans traded during draft

While the Hawks-Mavericks swap highlighted a handful of trades involving first-round picks, in a rarity, there were no trades involving veteran NBA players announced on draft day. You'd have to go all the way back to 2003 to find the last time a draft day concluded without any veterans getting traded...
ESPN
td00
Sixth Man
And1: 70

Post#223 » by td00 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:45 pm

So does DS really have that good a relationship with Bud enough to go play behind Bledsoe? I would take on Bledsoe for him if that does not go well. Bledsoe has one less year and can play off the ball.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,868

Post#224 » by jayu70 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:38 pm

Read on Twitter

If the Hawks can’t trade Schroder, it means he will have to coexist with Young next season. That would be harder to do if Schlenk publicly expresses a desire to trade Schroder, who was upset when his name surfaced in rumors at the deadline. Schroder probably believes he’s going to be traded, but if he stays put, it would be foolhardy for Schlenk to exacerbate any hurt feelings by making it know Schroder is expendable. 

From what I hear, Schroder has not pushed the issue of wanting to be traded directly with the Hawks. After drafting Young, the Hawks reached out to reassure him that he’s still part of their plans. 

And I still don’t think the Hawks believe Schroder is that expendable. Schroder regressed last season because of poor defense and 3-point shooting, and his playmaking was up-and-down. But he’s still an elite rim attacker, and he doesn’t turn 25 years old until September. 

There is no circumstance in which I can see Young starting over Schroder. A more plausible scenario has Schroder starting alongside shooting guard Kent Bazemore, with Young coming off the bench to play alongside Schroder for a few minutes.

But I doubt Schlenk is inclined to give Schroder away in a wildly uneven deal. He made a lopsided trade to send Dwight Howard to Charlotte last year because he was eager to get rid of him, but I don’t think there is the same desperation for trading Schroder. 
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,429

Post#225 » by CP War Hawks » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:49 pm

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1717529&start=100

Some of these ding a lings actually think they can get Dennis for Biz straight up. Easier said than done, but they need Dennis focused on the season while Schlenk finds a decent deal.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#226 » by jayu70 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:59 pm

CP War Hawks wrote:viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1717529&start=100

Some of these ding a lings actually think they can get Dennis for Biz straight up. Easier said than done, but they need Dennis focused on the season while Schlenk finds a decent deal.

Crazy talk. I know Dennis' value is low but not Bismack Byombo low. They can kick rocks. We already have 1 overpaid bum and center, no need for 2. Dennis still has some on court value.

It's easy to dump on Dennis since he had a hand in creating this mess but this is where we stand....

Dennis was pissed about being offered in trade at the deadline, said in Germany he doesn't want to be here in his prime on a last place team (I don't blame him fir that one bit) and wanted to have a discussion regarding the team direction, we know he met with management,  per Cunningham of AJC and he hasn't directly expressed any interest in being moved to ownership. 
So it remains to be seen where it all ends up.
tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,013

Post#227 » by tbhawksfan1 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:12 pm

I don't think it's that bad with Schro's trade value. He is still a top 20 starting NBA PG, young and a little better D and 3 from being much better.

Don't see him fitting TS's plans though and expect him to be moved. I'd rather it happen sooner than later but TS might want to keep the vet around for a minute while Trae gets his feet wet.

Schro and Dedmon are the two vets I'd love to see traded this summer for future picks and let the kids get the minutes. Mose can re-up and bring in a SRP too.
macd-gm
Starter
And1: 2,515

Post#228 » by macd-gm » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:36 pm

I think Memphis needs Dennis for Conley insurance. The guy is injury prone. Would you trade Dennis/BAze for Parson/JGreen? If you can flip Jeff Green somewhere else then we're saving 8 million a year for the next 3 years ant 15 million in year 4. Even if you can't Green's deal is only 2 years which means you're paying the same for two years then saving 8 and 15 then next 2.

Dennis / Baze are big upgrades for a win now grizz team.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#229 » by jayu70 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:03 pm

macd-gm wrote:I think Memphis needs Dennis for Conley insurance. The guy is injury prone. Would you trade Dennis/BAze for Parson/JGreen? If you can flip Jeff Green somewhere else then we're saving 8 million a year for the next 3 years ant 15 million in year 4. Even if you can't Green's deal is only 2 years which means you're paying the same for two years then saving 8 and 15 then next 2.

I'd pass, if we're not getting 'stuff' in return for the rebuild now I'd rather keep them.
macd-gm
Starter

Post#230 » by macd-gm » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:09 pm

jayu70 wrote:
macd-gm wrote:I think Memphis needs Dennis for Conley insurance. The guy is injury prone. Would you trade Dennis/BAze for Parson/JGreen? If you can flip Jeff Green somewhere else then we're saving 8 million a year for the next 3 years ant 15 million in year 4. Even if you can't Green's deal is only 2 years which means you're paying the same for two years then saving 8 and 15 then next 2.

I'd pass, if we're not getting 'stuff' in return for the rebuild now I'd rather keep them.

We need to consider getting Dennis out of here as very important to the rebuild. That's the first plus. Saving a ton of money is another huge plus.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#231 » by jayu70 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:12 pm

macd-gm wrote:
jayu70 wrote:

We need to consider getting Dennis out of here as very important to the rebuild. That's the first plus. Saving a ton of money is another huge plus.

Consider yes, accept garbage - I wouldn't. Flawed payer, yes. Useless - No.
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 655

Post#232 » by D21 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:33 pm

If they had included the 4th pick... OK ! :D
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,356

Post#233 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:27 am

Read on Twitter
DCintheD
Sixth Man
And1: 653

Post#234 » by DCintheD » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:23 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Read on Twitter

dont see why a Reggie for Schroder swap cant happen. Reggie's got one less year on his deal at around the same rate. Nice expiring for next season or you can ship him off to orlando.
RIP PALACE OF AUBURN HILLS
macd-gm
Starter

Post#235 » by macd-gm » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:25 pm

DCintheD wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:
Read on Twitter

dont see why a Reggie for Schroder swap cant happen. Reggie's got one less year on his deal at around the same rate. Nice expiring for next season or you can ship him off to orlando.

Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing Blake land a punch on Dennis so for that reason I'm down for trading him to Detroit. :D (i kid)
jayu70
RealGM

Post#236 » by jayu70 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:20 pm

Read on Twitter
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,576

Post#237 » by basketballRob » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:22 pm

How about Biyombo for Schroder. Biz has high character and could opt out of his contract after this season.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#238 » by jayu70 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:02 pm

basketballRob wrote:How about Biyombo for Schroder. Biz has high character and could opt out of his contract after this season.

Pass, Biz is not opting out of his contract next season. He'll be signing vet mins after that contract ends.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,576

Post#239 » by basketballRob » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:11 pm

jayu70 wrote:
basketballRob wrote:How about Biyombo for Schroder. Biz has high character and could opt out of his contract after this season.

Pass, Biz is not opting out of his contract next season. He'll be signing vet mins after that contract ends.

Well it does save Atl one year on Schroder's contract. Not sure what other asset's the Magic would be willing to give up.
stylesofpunk
Junior
And1: 140

Post#240 » by stylesofpunk » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:11 pm

Reggie/Leuer/Galloway for Schroder/Baze you save a year from Schroder to Reggie and gain a year from Leuer/Galloway to Baze.

3 contracts all expire in 2 years vs 1 in 3 years who atl wants to trade and 1 on a expiring who atl wants to trade as well just not as much as the 1st

Return to Atlanta Hawks