Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Re: 2018 Free Agents 

Post#121 » by Spud2nique » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:43 pm

kg01 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
kg01 wrote:
Why you gotta do burd like that? Save those types-a digs for turds like AHoleF. :)

:lol: She knows I kid... plus she’s not up yet...once she’s up she will hand out an Adam Silver like punishment I’m sure. A stern (see what I did there) talking to is needed!

:lol:

Yeah, what time zone is Themiscyra in? There's a reason she won't tell us what island she's from.

:lol: It’s a secret island...ssshhhh

kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Post#122 » by kg01 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:45 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
kg01 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:

:lol: She knows I kid... plus she’s not up yet...once she’s up she will hand out an Adam Silver like punishment I’m sure. A stern (see what I did there) talking to is needed!

:lol:

Yeah, what time zone is Themiscyra in? There's a reason she won't tell us what island she's from.

*gasp*

She's from the island on Lost? Oh man ...
Spoiler:
We all ded!!
king01 :king:
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#123 » by Spud2nique » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:51 pm

kg01 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
kg01 wrote:

*gasp*

Spoiler:
We all ded!!

:lol: love the spoiler part...
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Post#124 » by kg01 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:32 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
kg01 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:

*gasp*

Spoiler:
We all ded!!

Heh, you know she's gonna virtually kick yer arse, right?
king01 :king:
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#125 » by Spud2nique » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:39 pm

kg01 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
kg01 wrote:
*gasp*

Spoiler:
We all ded!!

Heh, you know she's gonna virtually kick yer arse, right?

I’m preparing for the most vicious of vicious attacks...perhaps she will send me a “we believe” gif from 2007...#Alharrington #Semenjackson #bdiddyandthefamwhoyouknowdoitbetta
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,928

Post#126 » by jayu70 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:39 pm

kg01 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:Is there a difference between b and c?

-Richard

Why you gotta do burd like that? Save those types-a digs for turds like AHoleF. :)

Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#127 » by Spud2nique » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:01 pm

jayu70 wrote:
kg01 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:Is there a difference between b and c?

-Richard

:falloff: :lol: :D
graymule
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,422

Post#128 » by graymule » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:18 pm

:oops:

For shame. Grand kids fighting.

Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#129 » by Spud2nique » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:14 pm

graymule wrote::oops:

For shame. Grand kids fighting.

:lol: Not to worry gramps, at the end of the day we all get along and get ready to cheer on the Hawks! (Not to win or anything, but to build :wink: )
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#130 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:49 pm

Bring me Super Mario!!!

Seems like he could be a high-ceiling, bargain pickup this summer.

Magic: Mario Hezonja Has Risen From the Dead

The Magic declined Hezonja’s fourth-year option in October, which means the 2015 no. 5 overall draft pick will be an unrestricted free agent this offseason. You can’t really blame the Orlando front office—Hezonja has shot 42 percent from the field in three seasons, and his $5.2 million salary would’ve felt like an overpay on what’s expected to be a grim market for free agents this summer.

But Hezonja has at least shown some flashes of what made him an appealing pick in the first place, including dropping 20 or more points four times since February 1. He’s fizzling in March, but the 23-year-old at least has my attention again. Hezonja entered the league as more of a wing, but he has played more power forward this season, which makes him an intriguing pick-and-roll threat. The shot still doesn’t fall enough, but when it does, he’ll be a consistent rotation player. I’d be interested to see how he can perform in a stable situation, whether it’s with a new Magic regime or elsewhere.
The Ringer
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#131 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:06 pm

Best Landing Spots for NBA's Under-the-Radar Free Agents

David Nwaba, SF, Chicago Bulls

Free-Agency Status: Restricted

2017-18 Per-Game Stats: 7.5 points, 4.5 rebounds, 1.3 assists, 0.8 steals, 0.5 blocks, 52.5 percent shooting

Advanced Metrics: 13.1 PER, -18.80 TPA, -1.45 RPM

Best Fit: Atlanta Hawks

David Nwaba is listed at 6'4" but plays like he's 6'8" going on 6'11". He's an easy plug-and-go defender against both guard spots, and his 7'0" wingspan allows him to log time opposite most wings— and some small-ball power forwards.

The Bulls don't hesitate to roll out Nwaba against explosive brawn. During their March 17 loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers, he even saw time on LeBron James.

Opening up his offensive game remains a challenge. He isn't someone a team can trust to run pick-and-rolls and doesn't look comfortable attacking off the dribble. His 40 percent clip from beyond the arc is encouraging, but it comes on just one attempt per 36 minutes.

"When he has good tempo and balance, he shoots pretty well," Bulls head coach Fred Hoiberg said, per the Chicago Tribune's K.C. Johnson. "But I've really loved what he's given us with that first group because of his toughness and physicality on the defensive end and his ability to push the ball as a facilitator on offense."

Although Nwaba's incomplete scoring resume will dissuade over-the-top sales pitches, it shouldn't deter the Atlanta Hawks. They have money to burn and need another wing capable of splitting time with Taurean Prince against the toughest assignments.

Stomaching Nwaba's offensive shortcomings won't be a problem if he's pulling his weight on defense. The Hawks can use him as a cutter, moderate-usage spot-up shooter and pace-pusher off rebounds until he's ready for a more expansive on-ball role.

And in the event he's never ready, well, a cross-position stopper with finite offensive tools still has a place in a league enamored with the former.
Bleacher Report
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#132 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:31 am

I want this young man on my squad next season, as either a starter or backup:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,036

Post#133 » by tbhawksfan1 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:12 pm

How bout Rodney Hood? RFA that could be had?
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

Post#134 » by HMFFL » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:26 am

Jamaaliver wrote:I want this young man on my squad next season, as either a starter or backup:

Read on Twitter

After his fifth season he has made a name for himself.
He'll have more options this off-season than he's ever had at the NBA level and I hope we consider him.
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,434

Post#135 » by CP War Hawks » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:06 pm

I wanna give Curry a look. Noel, if he takes a short term deal.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#136 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Apr 3, 2018 7:57 pm

The Bucks and Jabari Parker may be headed for a divorce, and both could be better off

The Parker-Antetokounmpo pairing is no longer looked at as the foundation upon which the Bucks are being built, and after a slow season in which he’s averaging just 11.9 points and 4.3 rebounds per game, Parker may soon find himself as not part of Milwaukee’s future at all.

Milwaukee made an opening bid to keep Parker in October before the season began, but the team’s offer (around three years and $54 million) was a non-starter for Parker’s camp. The first and third picks in the same draft class — Minnesota’s Andrew Wiggins and Philadelphia’s Joel Embiid — both signed contracts worth three times that much in total money.

...it’s clear he’s ready for a contentious round of negotiations — and a potential change of address.

Several of the bad teams with cap space this summer — the Atlanta Hawks, Dallas Mavericks, Sacramento Kings and Phoenix Suns — all make sense, to varying degrees.

If Parker gets back to the form he was showing before his injury last year, he would either be a key cog for a hopeful contender or good enough that such an extension could be flipped for such a player.
Washington Post
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 658

Post#137 » by D21 » Tue Apr 3, 2018 10:35 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
The Bucks and Jabari Parker may be headed for a divorce, and both could be better off

The Parker-Antetokounmpo pairing is no longer looked at as the foundation upon which the Bucks are being built, and after a slow season in which he’s averaging just 11.9 points and 4.3 rebounds per game, Parker may soon find himself as not part of Milwaukee’s future at all....

Haha, after spending more than one year talking about trading Monroe because he's was not a good fit with Parker... that was Parker the bad fit with nearly every MIL players.

Last three seasons :
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#138 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Apr 5, 2018 5:45 pm

What we're seeing Trey Burke do now is essentially what teams should expect Trae Young to be at his best in the league.

A sporadic offensive weapon of the highest order...and a bad defender.

Did the Knicks find a keeper in Burke?

The numbers, at points, have leapt off the screen. The 42-point performance against the Hornets. The 18-point, 15-assist showing Saturday against the Pistons. Trey Burke has averaged 22.4 points and 8.0 assists in five games as a starter, and he's put up 15.1 points—on scorching 50.8 percent shooting—and 5.5 assists over his past 15 games.

Burke appears to be a new player, efficient and dangerous and explosive. The question is whether this resurgence is real or just the latest example of a player who's handed more opportunities during the season's dog days.

The book on Burke, according to sources around the league, was that he wasn't focused on basketball during his early-career struggles.

Burke seemed to confirm this was the case. He said when he first got to the league he felt lost, and he attributed his new success to, essentially, growing up: getting married, not partying as much and taking his career and faith more seriously.

"He's different, more focused and aggressive," an Eastern Conference scout told Bleacher Report. "He can flat-out score in the high pick-and-roll."

...the Knicks plan on exercising the team option in his contract and bringing him back next season. They have had no issues with Burke thus far and don't expect any to arise.

Burke has been lethal out of [the pick-and-roll]. He's lightning-quick with the ball, and his pull-up jumper is a deadly weapon. The 1.03 points he's averaging out of screen-and-rolls ranks in the 89th percentile in the league, according to NBA.com.

"I think that's just from years and years of watching film and gaining experience … just knowing personnel and trying to exploit the weakness in the defense."

There are other problems with Burke's game, though.

Defense will always be one of them.
Bleacher Report
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#139 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Apr 5, 2018 5:56 pm

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#140 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Apr 5, 2018 6:16 pm

I wish we had signed BUrke lst summer instead of Isaiah or Magette. Looks like I'll have to wait until 2019 before we get a shot at signing Burke. When more teams have cap space and the competition to sign him will be more fierce. :(

NOTE: Maturity matters when profiling draftees. I liked Burke a lot in college. It took bouncing around the league to give him the perspective he needed to adjust his game.

Zach Lowe wrote:Surprising and thrilling role players

Trey Burke, New York Knicks

Burke resurrected a career that appeared headed toward China. As Mike Vorkunov wrote at The Athletic, change had to start with Burke cleaning up his off-court life. Teams intrigued by his talent were turned off when they dug deeper. Burke matured.

The results have been beyond anything any reasonable person could have dreamed. Burke in New York has the statistical profile of a star. He's shooting well from everywhere: 39 percent from deep, Nowitzkian levels from midrange on colossal volume, and even 73 percent at the rim -- once a no-fly zone for an undersized guy with average athleticism.

He has assisted on almost 40 percent of New York's baskets while on the floor, a borderline top-five number.

He'll never be a plus defender. But his life is in order, and he adjusted to the superior athleticism of NBA defenders by adding subtle craft to his pick-and-roll game -- fakes to set up defenders before he uses a screen, change-of-pace dribbles, other goodies.

He is a good shooter capable of playing off the ball and producing a decent midrange shot in a pinch. He should stick beyond his contract, which runs through next season.
ESPN

Return to Atlanta Hawks