ImageImage

Who do the Hawks sign with their open roster spot?

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

Ajaxthewolf
Ballboy
And1: 0

Who do the Hawks sign with their open roster spot? 

Post#1 » by Ajaxthewolf » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:43 pm

Obviously we still have a month for teams to waive players so they can sign someone to help them in the playoffs but I don't know if any teams are going to be dropping young players (especially wings)
So who do you think the Hawks should sign?
I am assuming they would address the fact that we have only one true SF on the active roster with Baze & bembry being SGs who can play some SF but are undersized...I'm hoping we get to see Andrew white called up and get a shot as the tank continues but even if he does we could still use one more wing player
I looked through the real gm free agent list and only three names stood out to me
LJ Peak who is really more of a SG but I thought looked like a possible NBA player the few times I saw him at Gtown
Peter jok who I really liked at Iowa last year...he seems like the type of player that would really benefit from a HAWKS U. Stint and has the size and athleticsm to compete
KJ mcdaniels is the last one and while he is a little older I still can't help but think he is at least a bench player in the league who can be a decent rotation guy if you can fix his shot which is where Hawks u comes in
I haven't looked thru the d league rosters yet but those are three names that popped out to me with the little research I did but who do you think the Hawks should take a flier on? Should they sign a wing?
Thoughts?
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,923

Re: Who do the Hawks sign with their open roster spot? 

Post#2 » by jayu70 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:52 am

I think they'll start with a few 10 day contracts. Who? No clue.
macd-gm
Starter
And1: 2,515

Post#3 » by macd-gm » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:20 pm

Why would we sign anyone? We can barely get playing time for everyone right now and we have 2 way players we can use.
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Post#4 » by kg01 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:24 pm

Looks like HOU just released Troy Williams. Probably no room there for a developmental guy like that. I'd take a run at him if I were the Ha_ks.
king01 :king:
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#5 » by Spud2nique » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:28 pm

kg01 wrote:Looks like HOU just released Troy Williams. Probably no room there for a developmental guy like that. I'd take a run at him if I were the Ha_ks.

Troy Williams is a baller! Yes! We need a broke mans Rodman here...sorry you guys got me comparing now due to Larry Luka and Alice Malone...

I would sign him.
kg01
General Manager

Post#6 » by kg01 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:57 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
kg01 wrote:Looks like HOU just released Troy Williams. Probably no room there for a developmental guy like that. I'd take a run at him if I were the Ha_ks.

Troy Williams is a baller! Yes! We need a broke mans Rodman here...sorry you guys got me comparing now due to Larry Luka and Alice Malone...

I would sign him.

Broke man's ... who? Ok, ok ... @spud are you back on the meth-crack? Be honest. Did you get him mixed up with Montrezl Harrel or something? Meth-crack is a helluva drug, spud. Just ask dolf ... ah, nevermind :P

Nah but TWill is a good prospect at the 3/big2. Really good IMHO. Would push Printz probably and could be a good Baze-replacement.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#7 » by Spud2nique » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:41 pm

kg01 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:

I would sign him.

Broke man's ... who? Ok, ok ... @spud are you back on the meth-crack? Be honest. Did you get him mixed up with Montrezl Harrel or something? Meth-crack is a helluva drug, spud. Just ask dolf ... ah, nevermind :P

Nah but TWill is a good prospect at the 3/big2. Really good IMHO. Would push Printz probably and could be a good Baze-replacement.

:lol: no he moves like the worm a little...I love his hustle though I remember when he played for the Grizz..I actually think he might be good enough to take a flyer on, yet won’t directly impact our win losses this year ...why not.

I thought Rick James said coke is it!
kg01
General Manager

Post#8 » by kg01 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:14 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
kg01 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:

I would sign him.

:lol: no he moves like the worm a little...I love his hustle though I remember when he played for the Grizz..I actually think he might be good enough to take a flyer on, yet won’t directly impact our win losses this year ...why not.

I thought Rick James said coke is it!

@spud, you might wanna sit down for this. Looks like HOU has reversed the decision to release Williams.

Clearly Daryl Morey reads this thread.
kg01
General Manager

Post#9 » by kg01 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:10 am

@spud, Morey was jus' playin'. They waived Williams.
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,432

Post#10 » by CP War Hawks » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:35 am

20 year old big Papagiannis.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#11 » by Spud2nique » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:40 am

kg01 wrote:@spud, Morey was jus' playin'. They waived Williams.

Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,936

Post#12 » by Mamba4Goat » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:42 pm

CP War Hawks wrote:20 year old big Papagiannis.

The Hawks would be a perfect team for Papagiannis. I'd try to get him on a RoCo deal (maybe a little more expensive, but multi year deal with unguaranteed years) and bring him along with Collins as your tentative future bigs. I feel like Bud could get something out of him.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#13 » by jayu70 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:32 pm

jayu70 wrote:I think they'll start with a few 10 day contracts. Who? No clue.

Called it.
Read on Twitter
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#14 » by Spud2nique » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:16 pm

jayu70 wrote:
jayu70 wrote:I think they'll start with a few 10 day contracts. Who? No clue.

Called it.
Read on Twitter

jayu70
RealGM

Post#15 » by jayu70 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:30 am

Mmmmmmmm
Read on Twitter
graymule
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,421

Post#16 » by graymule » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:44 pm

:crazy:

WHY? If he is injured and unable to practice, how does he get a ten day contract?

The only explanation I can come up with: He's good and the Hawks really want him and don't want
any one else to sign him before they have a good look at him later, when he's well.

Any one have any ideas? What do any of you really know about him?

kg01
General Manager

Post#17 » by kg01 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:51 pm

graymule wrote::crazy:

WHY? If he is injured and unable to practice, how does he get a ten day contract?

The only explanation I can come up with: He's good and the Hawks really want him and don't want
any one else to sign him before they have a good look at him later, when he's well.

Who's his agent? We tryna curry favor with any of his clients?
jayu70
RealGM

Post#18 » by jayu70 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:42 pm

Hawks have 13 players on the roster, they can only be at 13 for a max if 2 weeks, so they had to sign a player or convert one of the two way GLers.
Signing an injured player makes no sense though. Maybe they see something they like for thr future in the GL?
jayu70
RealGM

Post#19 » by jayu70 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:59 pm

jayu70 wrote:

Hawks have 13 players on the roster, they can only be at 13 for a max if 2 weeks, so they had to sign a player or convert one of the two way GLers.
Signing an injured player makes no sense though. Maybe they see something they like for thr future in the GL?

Read on Twitter

Hawks rookie guard Antonius Cleveland is scheduled to be cleared for on-court activities early next week. The Hawks plan to sign him to a second 10-day contract when his current one expires and, if all goes well, eventually offer him a contract for next season. 

Following that plan the Hawks at minimum would get to work with Cleveland through the end of this season, at Summer League and at 2018-19 training camp. The Hawks signed Cleveland on Thursday.

Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#20 » by Spud2nique » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:50 pm

jayu70 wrote:
jayu70 wrote:

Read on Twitter

Hawks rookie guard Antonius Cleveland is scheduled to be cleared for on-court activities early next week. The Hawks plan to sign him to a second 10-day contract when his current one expires and, if all goes well, eventually offer him a contract for next season. 

Following that plan the Hawks at minimum would get to work with Cleveland through the end of this season, at Summer League and at 2018-19 training camp. The Hawks signed Cleveland on Thursday.

I didn’t know anything about him. Saw the game against the Pistons and loved him. I like this move a lot. Lot of guys come out of nowhere and stick..why not him? Why not us?

Return to Atlanta Hawks